Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    That too. But I like to focus on the positive.
    And the only positive you can come up with is NOT playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And the only positive you can come up with is NOT playing the game?
    All those fans of daily playthrough bonus must be glad they're getting reward for not playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    more points you can get higher tier twists. not at all worthless.
    OK, to be clear, they are worthless TO ME, as most of the best twists FOR MY CHARACTERS are tier one. (Sense Weakness is also good).

Geoff.

Non-iconic heroes can get a class past life and an epic past life at the same time. The epic reincarnation will decrease them from 28 to 20, and then they can immediatelly use a heroic true reincarnation to get their class past life.
    Makes sense, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    All those fans of daily playthrough bonus must be glad they're getting reward for not playing the game.
    Pretty much it, more fate points for me means nothing on any of my toons without a 4th twist.

The EPLs might still be worth chasing, devil is in the un-released details.

Pretty much it, more fate points for me means nothing on any of my toons without a 4th twist.

The EPLs might still be worth chasing, devil is in the un-released details.
    What happens to my favor is still a serious concern.

I'd hate to do an ER and lose, say, silver flame favor. Not that you can't stomp it back out, but it's freaking annoying.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I have sense weakness, improved power attack, and healing power.

And even with 100 extra fate points, this will stay as it is without extra slot.
    For me it would mean getting rid of healing spring for something better that adds to my dps. For a tier 1 it was what I thought was the best choice. Some prefer cocoon, but not warping my barbarians build for that.

Daily login daily login daily login.... Thats what matters to online businesses now. Follow the cash!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    What happens to my favor is still a serious concern.

I'd hate to do an ER and lose, say, silver flame favor. Not that you can't stomp it back out, but it's freaking annoying.
    it's not a big deal one way or the other, I'd just like to know. Worst case scenario is you spend a day or two getting SF and GL favor before running your epics.

it's not a big deal one way or the other, I'd just like to know. Worst case scenario is you spend a day or two getting SF and GL favor before running your epics.
    Coin Lord
    House K
    Yugo

Still annoying. Maybe not a huge deal, but annoying.

Coin Lord
    House K
    Yugo

House K and yugo you can get in the pursuit of XP. Amrath Elites are level 21, VONs and Fen epics conver house K.

Reflagging for Shroud . . . not that'll be a big annoying waste of time.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default When?

Thread's gotten very long, lol. Do we have an estimated date for U20?
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Coin Lord
    House K
    Yugo

Mega easy favor runs for TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    We have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.
    Any chance you can figure out how to remove the forced level in the first place without forcing us to spend turbine points to do so (there's currently no in-game way to gain LRs beyond a super rare chest drop)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Mega easy favor runs for TP.
    Also known as "easy but mandatory annoying tax that I have to do before I can start playing for real".

Thumbs up accurate usecase

Let me help on your work.

Case 1: I have a level 28 Human Cleric.
    • What happens when I use an Epic Heart?
      You get back to being a Level 20 Human Cleric (While being able to benefit from a free LR+0), will lose "Karma" (TBD) and get one Epic Past Life feat. Favor and flagging will remain untouched.
    • What happens when I use a Heroic True Heart?
      You start a new character with a Cleric Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.
    • What happens when I use an Iconic True Heart?
      You can't use an Iconic True Heart.

Case 2: I have a level 20 Dwarf Sorcerer.
      You can't use an Epic Heart if you are not at the level cap (Currently, 28).
      You start a new character with a Sorcerer Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.
      You can't use an Iconic True Heart.

Case 3: I have a level 28 Bladeforged Paladin.
      You get back to being a Level 20 Bladeforged Paladin (While being able to benefit from a free LR+0), will lose "Karma" (TBD) and get one Epic Past Life feat. Favor and flagging will remain untouched.
      You can't use a Heroic True Heart on this type of character.
      You start a new character with a Bladeforged Past Life and a Paladin Past Life, that can be of any race. Just like current TR works. Alternativelly, you can also choose to start at level 15 as an Iconic race.

Case 4: I have a level 20 Shadar-kai Rogue.
      You can't use an Epic Heart if you are not at the level cap (Currently, 28).
      You can't use a Heroic True Heart at level 20. For an Iconic character to be able to True Reincarnate, you must be at the level cap (Currently, 28).
      You can't use an Iconic True Heart at level 20. For an Iconic character to be able to True Reincarnate, you must be at the level cap (Currently, 28).
    +1rep to the man from Brazil!
    Last edited by Glin; 10-11-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: caught an error in the HTR of lv28 Bladforged and fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    +1rep to the man from Brazil!
    So you are confirming "Favor and Flagging will be untouched?"

If so that is awesome.

Question

I'm not clear if this was ever answered.

So here I am, level 28 and I to an ER of my WF Arti.

I've unlocked a bunch of destinies and twists and I want to use Draconic to level but would like to get the benefit of the Martial Sphere.

So can I continue use Draconic and then ER in Martial or do I have to pick one of the Martial destinies?

I ask because the hamster wheeling of leveling off destiny is just awful. Sure - I could get some benefit from Martial as an arti but that wouldn't be true being forced to level a Martial destiny as my Earth Savant.

Plainly put; I don't mind doing ERing if there's a benefit, but if it is still going to suffer the terrible act of 'off destiny' leveling it's just an awful system to begin with.

So you are confirming "Favor and Flagging will be untouched?"
    That is the intent, in the same manner that we retain it today when you LR.

The method we are taking for ER does not recreate your character as True reincarnation will. ER, like LR, clears your character training (points/feats/enhancments) and resets your XP to a predetermined value. ....But that is all behind the scenes.
    Your experience will be more like - spend karma, drop Epic XP, reset heroic training, gain an autogranted feat with stacking active and passive abilities. (on your fourth time around you gain a fate point.)

Clarifying continuing confusion:

Heroic True Reincarnation (HTR)
    Heroic characters can HTR to earn a class-based Heroic Past Life.
    You must be level 20+ to do this.
    Iconic characters cannot HTR.

Iconic True Reincarnation (ITR)
    Iconic characters can ITR to earn a class-based Heroic Past Life and an Iconic Past Life.
    You must be at level cap to do this.
    Non-Iconic characters cannot ITR

Next Life
    After performing either True Reincarnation, your Next Life can either be a "normal" level 1 Eberron character on the beach with Jeets, or an Iconic character "starting" at level 15 (as Iconic characters currently do, which means you can actually walk out on Elminster or the Lord of Blades at level 1 with all your XP if you want to, and go your own way). The kind of Heart of Wood you need always relates to your current life, not your Next Life.

Epic Reincarnation
    Epic Reincarnation does not interact in any way with the other forms of reincarnation (though it is similar to Lesser Reincarnation in many aspects). You cannot gain Heroic nor Iconic Past lives from Epic Reincarnation. The only way to gain Epic Past Lives is through Epic Reincarnation. Neither form of True Reincarnation earns you an Epic Past Life.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffhanna View Post
    One more question, and apologies if this has been asked, but shouldn't a heroic character at level 28 be able to earn a Heroic past live and an Epic past life at the same time in the same manner as Iconics (who can earn an Iconic past life and Epic past life simultaneously) ?
    Non-iconic characters can follow up an Epic Reincarnation with a Heroic Reincarnation. They are separate processes, however. We've considered adding yet another form of reincarnation that combines these, but that added complication won't be part of Update 20.
    Last edited by Vargouille; 10-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast