Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did find a screenie I took of the original empty chest, tho as I noted, there is really nothing showing that says I had just rerolled except the gray reroll button.

Today I ran back out to the same chest and reopened it. Got a properly empty chest, but notice the Reroll button is colored as 'active'. I didn't try it, tho I guess I really should have.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Got it on vid.

Made runs thru Osgood's, turned video on for the last few runs.

Run1: +1 Retrib Scalemail (rerolled) +1 Docent.
    Run2: +2 Khopesh (rerolled) +2 Long Sword.
    Run3: Wise +2 Cowl (rerolled) +1 Soundproof Docent.
    *began recording here*
    Run4: +1 Keen D Axe (rerolled) +1 Scalemail.
    Run5: +1 D Axe / Reposte [Ransack Warning] (rerolled) +1 Wood Shield. [Ransack warning repeated].
    Run6: Boots of Seeking [Ransack Warning] (rerolled) EMPTY CHEST! ["stripped everything..."].

Better than a screenie:

Collectibles

I know you are not the only one to be burned by this poorly implemented mechanic, as I recall of a thread of someone farming for a seal of SoS and hit ransack quicker than expected. However, getting burned and then providing definitive video evidence really says alot about you. Mad props and I hope Turbine graciously compensates you for not only the inconvenience but taking the effort to help DDO.

+1
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    I know you are not the only one to be burned by this poorly implemented mechanic, as I recall of a thread of someone farming for a seal of SoS and hit ransack quicker than expected. However, getting burned and then providing definitive video evidence really says alot about you. Mad props and I hope Turbine graciously compensates you for not only the inconvenience but taking the effort to help DDO.

+1
    Agreed. Turbine really should have a system in place that rewards players that put this amount of effort and their own time and money into finding bugs and giving definitive undeniable proof to those in charge. A reward system just might help get a lot more bug reports. Of course having fewer bugs would be great too, but baby steps here.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    .... providing definitive video evidence really says alot about you. ...

+1

That I was bored and have no life? Agreed.

But thanks, guys. Hopefully it (along with my proper bug report) gets to the right folks and they can get it squared away.

I'll probably run back and try a reroll on an empty ransacked chest, too, just to see if that's another loose string that needs tucked back in.
    Collectibles

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Chest re-roll does not count towards ransack. If you experience something different, please take a screenshot if possible and send it to ddobugs.turbine.com. Thanks!
    Looks like we all should just be reporting to

ddobugs.turbine.com

QA and programmers are NOT THAT BUSY.

You walk down, and ask them.

In five minutes they could have easily tested this.

You: "Hey, they say the reroll loot button counts towards ransack. Can you test it?"

QA or Coder: "Sure, let me just set myself to 500,000 astral shards and i will run Haverdasher. Two chests in there, I will pop one and re-roll that one, the other one will be the control chest."

You: "Gosh you are so brilliant. I will buy you a soda and a snack as soon as we run the test."

20 minutes later

QA or coder: "See. I told ya."

You: "Yup, fubar. Looks like I won't be buying you anything."
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 10-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Manager

All right, our QA folks re-tested this and were able to reproduce this issue. We've entered a bug on it and will investigate the cause and fix. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look into this.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post

I'll probably run back and try a reroll on an empty ransacked chest, too, just to see if that's another loose string that needs tucked back in.

Did that^.
    Threw one more Shard at this to make sure an empty chest can be rerolled on. If someone does this intentionally, there is good argument that they deserve to lose their Shard(s), but still should be a check to prevent this.

Screenies, before/during/after:

Collectibles

All right, our QA folks re-tested this and were able to reproduce this issue. We've entered a bug on it and will investigate the cause and fix. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to look into this.
    I believe that CD should be credited shards for going through this effort to even creating a video for Turbine, please.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Agreed. Turbine really should have a system in place that rewards players that put this amount of effort and their own time and money into finding bugs and giving definitive undeniable proof to those in charge. A reward system just might help get a lot more bug reports. Of course having fewer bugs would be great too, but baby steps here.
    A bounty system like MS, Google, Facebook, and many others have would be awesome. Payments could be unique forum titles (low impact bugs), modest TP/AS payments (medium impact QOL bugs), unique pets, cosmetic gear (major exploits/game breaking bugs). Or vice-versa on TP/AS and cosmetic rewards, whatever.

Lifetime VIP supscription to first person to document root cause of ladder hitching ("hand-crafted dungeons" is such a cop-out).
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Did that^.
    Threw one more Shard at this to make sure an empty chest can be rerolled on. If someone does this intentionally, there is good argument that they deserve to lose their Shard(s), but still should be a check to prevent this.
    ]
    Lol! the AS counter has been shown to have a (semi-)useful purpose! Bravo.

Collectibles

Got it on vid.
    Good work, man.

Thing is that this has been previously bug reported but seems to have been rejected by QA as a bug. If they're closing bug reports without actually testing things themselves then that would be a pretty substantial cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I believe that CD should be credited shards for going through this effort to even creating a video for Turbine, please.
    Agreed. This was on the live servers.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Has it been added to the Known Issues list yet?

Should be added right now!

Default Don't fix this, it is better this way.

Why is this an issue?

I think it should be WAI that re-roll should ransack chests. It is better for the game in the long run.

If they make it so re-roll does not ransack then Named items are going to be obtained at every Named loot chest this way. The game is more and more becoming pay to win. Nothing is rare anymore if you guys change this.

But your profits will also increase 10 fold. So I see the reason why. But still it is just so cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

Come on already there has to be some integrity to uphold.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Why is this an issue?

I think it should be WAI that re-roll should ransack chests. It is better for the game in the long run.

If they make it so re-roll does not ransack then Named items are going to be obtained at every Named loot chest this way. The game is more and more becoming pay to win. Nothing is rare anymore if you guys change this.

But your profits will also increase 10 fold. So I see the reason why. But still it is just so cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

Come on already there has to be some integrity to uphold.
    So you are ok with someone paying astral shards and getting an empty chest? That's the biggest issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So you are ok with someone paying astral shards and getting an empty chest? That's the biggest issue here.
    Yes, all they have to do is code it so that someone gets their astral shards back once it is ransacked.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Yes, all they have to do is code it so that someone gets their astral shards back once it is ransacked.
    LOL.

The way they code there are two outcomes to this

DISASTER: it would be messed up. Instead of giving back the astral shards it would ransack YOUR astral shards. That means, remove all of yours.

EXPLOIT: Somehow, Turbine never seems to think outside the box and test the limits of their code. They slap something in there and once it sort of works, they think it is done. They perform one or two tests and call it a day. It would be an EXPLOIT because we would eventually figure out that if we ransack a chest, go widdershins around the chest, put on a bard song, use a twist of some sort, go into a monk stance, that we would be able to get infinite astral shards. Then we go to the ASAH and BUY everything. BTW, this has happened before during the first Crystal Cove.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Sad but True.

Well said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast