Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ReRoll Button and Chest Ransack

Had mentioned this elsewhere, but gonna fire this topic up in it's own thread. Suppose it's not been a common issue since the timing has to be just right. Posting to see if this is WAI, anyone else had the bad luck to reroll into a ransacked chest, etc.

Tried a couple re-rolls last couple days from Strinatti's (3BC rare) chest, but only when the option was 1 Shard. (Sometimes it was 1, sometimes 3. )

I wasn't counting the openings as I tried farming Strinatti's Hand Cannon, but had a chest with +1 axe & skittles, so re-rolled ....

The chest contents disappeared and gave me the old "You have stripped everything...".

Bad timing on my part, sure, but we should NOT get a ransack/empty chest when we pay for a re-roll. AmIRight?
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 07-30-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Removed off topic screenies from OP
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Had mentioned this elsewhere, but gonna fire this topic up in it's own thread. Suppose it's not been a common issue since the timing has to be just right. Posting to see if this is WAI, anyone else had the bad luck to reroll into a ransacked chest, etc.

Tried a couple re-rolls last couple days from Strinatti's (3BC rare) chest, but only when the option was 1 Shard. (Sometimes it was 1, sometimes 3. )

I wasn't counting the openings as I tried farming Strinatti's Hand Cannon, but had a chest with +1 axe & skittles, so re-rolled ...

The chest contents disappeared and gave me the old "You have stripped everything...".

Bad timing on my part, sure, but we should NOT get a ransack/empty chest when we pay for a re-roll. AmIRight?
    You're right. Add this to the list of things Turbine should take a look at.

As for the varying shard costs, perhaps it was directly related to the level of loot? You mention that you got to the point where there was no loot in the chest, meaning you kept looting after the ransack message came up. Was it at this point (or later) when the rerolls started costing fewer shards? The chest level does degrade after you get the ransack message and the shard cost does seem to be related to chest level.

Now as for your logic in using rerolls once the ransack message has come up. Ransacked chests shouldn't be able to produce named items so you're basically throwing shards at level 4ish loot gen. Not a very good investment really.

With all this in mind, no paid for reroll should ever result in an empty chest ever.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Every time I rerolled the chest, the button grayed out so only rerolled it once per run. (?)

If the ransack message popped when I opened it to that +1 axe, I didn't catch it. Tho I probably would have gone ahead and tried the reroll just to see what would happen.

The varying cost had been while I was making the runs, and varied on different runs & loot contents. I'll be honest, I hadn't started looking at it to see what loot was getting what reroll fee, as was just intent on getting that cannon.

edit:
    To clarify somewhat, working from memory. I'd made some runs the previous day. Logged onto the char to take my freebie roll for the day and had time to make a couple more runs out. (I had also read a thread where someone was hunting for the Scrag bow from Dulce, so figured if couldn't get my loot, maybe I could get someone else theirs.):

run1: appropriate loot, no cannon, rerolled for 1 Shard.

run2: appropriate loot, 3 Shards, didn't reroll.

run3: appropriate loot, rerolled for 1 shard.

[adding for relevance-- went AFK a short bit sitting in tavern. Someone threw a welcome-to-ddo +2 Loot Gem on me while i was gone. So last run was with a +2 gem active.]

last run: +1 axe, gems, and a scroll I think. 1 shard reroll, so rerolled it. Chest empties and THEN give me the "everything stripped" pop up.

----

That's approximately how it went.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 10-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Collectibles

Sounds to me like the rerolls are counting as a chest looting for the purposes of ransack. So you will hit the ransack number twice as fast if you use the reroll "feature".
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Manager

Chest re-roll does not count towards ransack. If you experience something different, please take a screenshot if possible and send it to ddobugs.turbine.com. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Chest re-roll does not count towards ransack. If you experience something different, please take a screenshot if possible and send it to ddobugs.turbine.com. Thanks!
    Give us shards and we'll show you.

Chest re-roll should not count towards ransack. If you experience something different, please take a screenshot if possible and send it to ddobugs.turbine.com. Thanks!
    Fixed in bold red. It does count towards ransack, and I've seen other threads about it before. In those threads people argued that it should/shouldn't count towards ransack. I couldn't care any less either way, as I have only intentionally rerolled a chest once.

I'm sure next thing you'll tell us is that you "can't" reroll a chest that is empty for you because you were not in the instance when it was opened. You'd be wrong, because that can (and does) happen.

But it does not help you when you're ransacked
    I used a re-roll on a ransacked chest by mistake. And in the end I wasted 9 shards on some of the same crud I already pulled. It would be nice if if turned off completely when you're ransacked. Just as a courtesy for people with eye to hand coordination problems like me.

Community Member MalnackConospier's Avatar

Default I must be missing something then.

Hello,

I think I must be missing something. I always thought that chests hit ransack at 7. Is that mistaken? The reason I am asking is I ran Epic Tor, specifically for the blue dragon. I did it 4 times on Epic Hard re-rolling 3 out of 4 times. The last time I had the ransack message. It seems it was linked to the reroll but could it be linked to having run the quest 4 times in the same day? I had not run it prior to that run, in months.

Thank you,
    Conospier Family
    Necronack Conospier, Wizard/rogue, Mallevolence Conospier, Wizard, Malnack Conospier, Warlock, Necrocanter Conospier, Wizard.
    Leader of Friends of Dorothy! We are recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    But it does not help you when you're ransacked
    I used a re-roll on a ransacked chest by mistake. And in the end I wasted 9 shards on some of the same crud I already pulled. It would be nice if if turned off completely when you're ransacked. Just as a courtesy for people with eye to hand coordination problems like me.
    In my opinion it would be nice if it turned off if there is 0% chance of that reroll producing named loot specific to that chest. This includes both ransacked chests and any chest that doesn't produce named loot at all specific to that chest. I understand that nearly any chest could produce a tome or some store loot or whatnot, but the chance of that is so low it shouldn't be considered a valid reason to reroll. Rerolling for better trash loot is just so laughably crazy that anyone doing it should have their heads examined. Turbine should not encourage or even allow that sort of behavior. Turbine, turn of rerolls for all chests with no specific named loot, please.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I'm sure next thing you'll tell us is that you "can't" reroll a chest that is empty for you because you were not in the instance when it was opened. You'd be wrong, because that can (and does) happen.
    Didn't know this.... Whole guilds can now loot the chests after a DA run or a weapons shipment run. That is pretty niffty.... and hilarious. I think I might actually use the reroll button now. At least until they fix that exploit lol. I can imagine a guild like bathory horde cycling through their whole guild on weapons shipment lol, hundreds roll on each chest.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Didn't know this.... Whole guilds can now loot the chests after a DA run or a weapons shipment run. That is pretty niffty.... and hilarious. I think I might actually use the reroll button now. At least until they fix that exploit lol. I can imagine a guild like bathory horde cycling through their whole guild on weapons shipment lol, hundreds roll on each chest.
    You don't actually get any loot if you reroll an empty chest. It takes your shards and then a comically oversized mallet pops out of your computer and smacks you in the crotch.

Bugs like this should be fixed of course (I never re-roll intentionally, so can't confirm it), but there is a lot bigger problem than ransack.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    1. They added confirmation dialog on that button (good)
    2. They moved that button (good)
    3. They moved it to the worst possible location (not good)
    4. They moved default mouse pointer location on Re-Roll button (not good), the default mouse location should be at Loot All button instead (because this is the most used option)
    5. They should have moved it ABOVE the loot and leave the Loot All button BELOW (as it was before U19)
    6. They should add an option in UI setting to not show that button at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    There, a mock-up done in less than 2 mins. This is is the sort of placement you wanna make.

Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    You don't actually get any loot if you reroll an empty chest. It takes your shards and then a comically oversized mallet pops out of your computer and smacks you in the crotch.
    Now I really have to try it. The world needs more comically over-sized mallets in it.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

My P2W ranting just increased due to this confirmation.

Community Member

I'll confirm this issue also.

As an experiment (an expensive one, I grant you), I blew 665 shard rerolling chests (on purpose).

The reroll DOES count towards ransack, and I tested it to destruction to make sure.

It seems to count as a new chest roll as if you had run the quest again, and tbh, this SUCKS.

Aes.

EDIT: Cordovan, if I blow another pile of shards on confirming this bug "officially", will you give them back to me? Surely you can send a GM in game with 5000 shards to test this. Really.
    Last edited by Istaria1; 10-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    I'll confirm this issue also.

As an experiment (an expensive one, I grant you), I blew 665 shard rerolling chests (on purpose).

The reroll DOES count towards ransack, and I tested it to destruction to make sure.

It seems to count as a new chest roll as if you had run the quest again, and tbh, this SUCKS.

Aes.

EDIT: Cordovan, if I blow another pile of shards on confirming this bug "officially", will you give them back to me? Surely you can send a GM in game with 5000 shards to test this. Really.
    Why would they even make a definitive reply without testing a reported bug? How long would it take to test it with Dev access?
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Member

Exactly my question. It just can't take long to send a GM into Kobold's New Ringleader with a few hundred shards to see if the ransack kicks in early.

(It does).

Aes.

EDIT: It doesn't even cost a few hundred. It's about 30 per test per quest. I tested it on quite a few quests, which is why I blew so many shards, but this is not a theory - this is CERTAIN.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

i was trying to farm the Scrag bow.

i found that the chest does hit ransack faster than the normal 10 times if you use the shard option (which i regret doing). I did not consistently do it, so i didn't check to see if 5 runs with a rebuy worked or not.

Also: on the last run before ransack you get the option of paying 1 Astral Shard to reroll. Since this puts you into a ransacked chest, so you will pay 1 AS to get an empty chest. (it is a little helpful though because when u see that the re-roll cost is down to 1 shard instead often normal number, you know the chest is done without doing another run and opening an empty chest....

GL all

I looked at the final result with mind of taking some sort of screenie.

Unfort, the ransack message doesn't log into any of the chats, and so all I had to take a shot of was an empty chest. Didn't figure that would be helpful.

I think I have some freebie roll Shards still tucked away somewhere I can use to check with - perhaps trying it on the chest in Osgood's or Haverdasher. Will report results when/if I get this done.
    Collectibles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast