Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Banking XP

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You can bank some XP, and reaching 1 destiny capped is possible.

You can have 2 destinies capped before lvl28, even from 2 spheres away from yours, because you can bank this level for as long as you like, staying at 27 before getting enough ED XP.
    Just an observation - relying on banking XP is not ideal. Sure, we all do it, especially multi-TR's - but I have had a support DM say that banking XP is not really supported or designed properly. I had this comment from an +<anonymized-DM>+ when I had an issue that somehow I had over-banked XP, a dot and third into the next level (i.e. I was, say, lvl 12, and I had banked XP for lvl 14 plus one and a third dot...) *

Apparently the DM's have many, many support issues reported with XP banking...

======
    * Why did I ask support in this situation? Wasn't it a "neat" thing to have happen? Well, I'll admit to a dunce-moment when I thought my XP banking was broken and I wasn't able to bank to the end of the next level... not realizing that I had actually surpassed that level in XP! *DOH!*

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Putting aside the specifics of the feats (some of the numbers indeed need work), the system is unnecessarily complicated. So understanding is that epic feats options are are now like:

21: heroic feats, Epic feat set A
    22: none
    23: none
    24: Heroic Feats, Epic Feat set A
    25: none
    26: Epic Feat set B (destiny requirements A); heroic toughness
    27: Heroic Feats, Epic feat Set A, Epic Feat Set C
    28: Epic Feat set D (destiny requirements B); heroic toughness

There's just no rhyme or reason to that and it has arbitrary and confusing restrictions.

Why not just give feats at 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 (every even level), with some feats having ML or destiny requirements? Why take away older feat options?
    level 20 is still a heroic level ... 21 is the first epic level

apart from that:
    yeah those epic bonus feats should be granted at 22 and 24 as well (like epic fighters in pnp ,,,)
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    At 21, 24, and 27 you're getting a standard Feat just as you do every third Heroic level, that progression hasn't changed. There are more options in Epic levels, but they're standard Feats.
    I think they are saying that you can't choose on Lama to new epic feats (Blinding Speed, Watchful Eye, Ruin, Epic <save>, Epic Damage Reduction or Epic Reputation) at level 21 or 24. Thus, they are "Epic Feat list C".

While I cna see some of them being powerful enough to be filtered to only one slot choice, some of them are not nearly as powerful (Epic Reputation in special), and should be available at the other epic feat slots.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Here's some more formal information about the new Epic Feats beyond level 25!

• Level 27 includes some new epic feats. As usual for character levels that are multiples of 3, you can fill your level 27 feat slot with any of these new feats requiring level 27, or existing normal feats.
    • Each Level 26 feat requires that you have earned all XP for at least 1 Epic Destiny for the sphere related to that feat. Example: To get Epic Tactician you must have capped out the XP for any one Martial Destiny (Shadowdancer, Legendary Dreadnought, or Grandmaster of Flowers).
    • Each Level 28 feat requires that you have earned all XP for at least two Epic Destinies for the related Sphere.
    • The spells below are not Spell-Like Abilities. They are spells. They can be used with metamagics, and the SP cost increases appropriately.
    • At level 26 or 28 you always have the option to take (heroic) Toughness.

Really confused here we get feats at Lvl 21, 24, 27..and 26? and 28?

Level 27: New “normal” feats

• Epic Damage Reduction
      • Passive
      • +10 Physical Resistance

Good more generic feats if none of the specific feats fit your build, thanks (To clarify I am being serious)
    • Ruin
      • Active Spell
      • Deal 500 untyped damage to a single enemy.
      • Notes: There’s no saving throw. Force spellpower increases damage dealt.

Why is this a feat? Why not start adding in Epic level spells?
    • Epic Fortitude
      • Passive
      • +2 Fortitude Saving Throws. You don't automatically fail Fortitude Saving Throws when you roll 1.

• Epic Reflexes
      • Passive
      • +2 Reflex Saving Throws. You don't automatically fail Reflex Saving Throws when you roll 1.

• Epic Will
      • Passive
      • +2 Will Saving Throws. You don't automatically fail Will Saving Throws when you roll 1.

Not failing on a 1 is pretty awesome
    • Epic Reputation
      • Passive
      • +3 bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Intimidate, and Perform checks

• Blinding Speed
      • Passive
      • You are permanently Hasted.
      • Notes: Like the spell.

Not sure about this one...my melees will definately want it which is cool, the issue being ALL my melees will want it which is bad.
    • Watchful Eye
      • Passive
      • If you pass within 5 feet of a trap, you are find the trap as if you were actively Searching for it.
      • You still need the Trapfinding feat (granted to Artificers and Rogues) to successfully Search for difficult traps.

I don't see this one being useful 99% of the time if your within 5ft of a trap you can already see it because its been activated

Level 26: Epic Destiny feats requiring one XP capped Epic Destiny for related Sphere

• Epic Skill Focus
      • There is one of these for each skill except Use Magic Device.
      • +5 to the chosen skill
      • Passive
      • Notes:
      • Requires 20 trained ranks of the corresponding skill. Bonuses from effects, enhancements, or feats, such as those granted with each Epic level, don’t count as trained ranks. Bonuses from Skill Tomes do count, similar to Ability Score tomes.
      • Each skill is available to a different sphere:
        • Arcane: concentration, disable device, perform, repair, spellcraft
        • Divine: bluff, diplomacy, haggle, heal, listen
        • Martial: balance, hide, open lock, search, swim
        • Primal: intimidate, jump, move silently, spot, tumble

Please remove the Sphere requirement just make it "One Epic Destiny" my GMoF Monk should not have to max out an Arcane Destiny to take ESF: Concentration
    • Epic Tactician
      • Martial
      • Passive
      • +2 Tactical Feat DCs

Good more generic feats if none of the specific feats fit your build, thanks (To clarify I am being serious)
    • Penetrate Damage Reduction (Metal)
      • Martial
      • Passive
      • Choose a metal Damage Reduction type. Your weapons penetrate that kind of DR.
      • There is feat is one feat per metal type.
        • "Pierce Adamantine"
        • "Pierce Byeshk"
        • "Pierce Cold Iron"
        • "Pierce Silver"

This ones a pretty nice addition could make certain weapons more popular Again though the "Sphere" requirement arbitrarily limits access to this..."One Epic Destiny" is sufficient
    • Spellpower
      • Passive
      • Multiple Spheres: Each damage type is available to 1 or more spheres, but can only be taken once. The requirements say something like, "Complete 1 Arcane OR 1 Primal destiny" for things like Fire spellpower.
      • +20 Spellpower (for the appropriate damage type)
      • Sphere requirements:
        • Acid: Arcane or Primal
        • Cold: Arcane or Primal
        • Electricity: Arcane or Primal
        • Fire: Arcane, Divine, or Primal
        • Force: Arcane
        • Light: Divine
        • Negative: Divine
        • Positive: Divine or Primal
        • Repair: Arcane
        • Sonic: Arcane or Primal

Again cool feat, pointless sphere limitation...guess my Palemaster Wizard needs to master a divine Destiny to boost his neg energy spells ()along with taking the heal skill...the amount of lore being murdered by this is staggering)
    • Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting
      • Primal
      • Passive
      • While you are wielding two melee weapons: +5% Doublestrike. You gain +10% offhand doublestrike.
      • Requires "Greater Two Weapon Fighting"

• Perfect Two-Handed Fighting
      • Primal
      • Passive
      • Increases the damage of glancing blow attacks when wielding a two-handed weapon by an additional 15%. Increases the chance for weapon effects to trigger on glancing blows by an additional 10%.
      • Requires "Greater Two Handed Fighting"

• Lasting Inspiration
      • Arcane
      • Passive
      • Bard songs last +50% longer (compared to base duration time).
      • +3 bard songs

• Guardian Angel
      • Divine
      • Passive
      • When you drop below 50% HP, for the next minute you gain Physical Resistance equal to your Wisdom and saving throws equal to your epic level. This won't trigger again for three minutes.
      • Notes: You still keep the bonus for the one minute even if you heal to more than 50% HP.

• Epic Mage Armor
      • Arcane
      • Active
      • Spell: +20 Armor bonus to AC
      • Notes: You can cast this on others.

• Holy Strike
      • Divine
      • passive
      • Your weapons gain Ghost Touch. Your vorpal strikes deal 10d6 extra untyped damage vs. Evil enemies. (This bonus damage works with melee, unarmed, and ranged attacks.)

WHilkst I commend you on actually remembering unarmed and ranged for an ability doesn't this kind of negate alot of what it means to be a HOTD Paladin?

Level 28 Epic Destiny feats requiring two XP capped Epic Destinies for related Sphere
    • First Blood
      • Martial
      • Passive (triggered)
      • Melee weapon and unarmed attacks deal 5d20 extra untyped damage against enemies with 90% or more HP. This extra damage won't trigger twice within three seconds.

My planned Barbarian Occult Slayer will love this since his whole idea is to jump over the front line and smack the mage around he will likely get "First Blood" quite often
    • Elusive Target
      • Martial
      • Passive
      • Each time you would be physically damaged, you have a +5% chance to completely ignore the damage.

• Doubleshot
      • Primal
      • Passive
      • +10% Doubleshot
        • Doubleshot: Your ranged attacks, including thrown attacks, gain a percent chance to attack with an extra projectile. Repeating Crossbows have a reduced chance to produce extra shots.
        • Note: Activating Many Shot and 10K Stars reduces Doubleshot by -100% (values below 0 are the same as 0).

Please actually tell us what "reduced chance" means...is it reduced by 5%, 99%, 50% does it maybe only proc once per volley...is it 33% (making for about equal to a single bow shot)
    • Mass Frog
      • Primal
      • Active spell
      • Up to six nearby enemies are turned into frogs. Each may avoid ribbiting on a successful Fortitude saving throw vs. DC [20 + Wisdom modifier].

Again I'd like to see an actual "Epic spell list" but I find very amusing and will likely take it for fun to play with, swap it for something actually useful than never take it again
    • Hellball
      • Arcane
      • Active spell
      • Deal 10d6 acid, electric, fire, and sonic damage to enemies in an area. A successful Reflex saving throws halves the damage.
      • Notes: Taking this feat provides two versions, one based on Charisma and another based on Intelligence.

• Forced Escape
      • Divine
      • Active spell
      • You radiate destruction, dealing 20d20 sonic damage to enemies around you. Enemies succeeding a Fortitude saving throw vs. [20 + Wisdom modifier] take half damage. This dispels crowd control effects such as stuns on you, and can be used when stunned or otherwise incapacitated (but still conscious).

Note in Orange

So yeah remove the "Sphere" requirements...just make it require One or two maxed destinies regardless of sphere. The "Epic Spell Feats" whilst cool are far outweighed by other feats...maybe add an "Epic Spell Level" for spellcasters instead...IOW make the feat "Epic Spells" and that allows you to cast all the created epic spells instead of just one...than when you get more epic spells create 3 feats one for Primal, one for arcane and one for divine.

Other than that I like the new feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    level 20 is still a heroic level ... 21 is the first epic level

apart from that:
    yeah those epic bonus feats should be granted at 22 and 24 as well (like epic fighters in pnp ,,,)
    The extra feats are filler material to qualify this as an expansion pack.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    The extra feats are filler material to qualify this as an expansion pack.
    That's pretty much what I see also. The extra feats are part of the package that comes with the new levels that coincide with the release of the expansion. (As an aside and off topic: I find it a bit funny that everything that qualifies this update as an Expansion are all things that will be available upon release as f2p content, with the excluding Iconics.)

Yup. If you didn't get the expansion you only miss out on the 10 quests and wilderness areas. All other changes would be accessible (assuming) access to all other previous packs. Like the change to high road.
    Last edited by Atremus; 08-08-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    At 21, 24, and 27 you're getting a standard Feat just as you do every third Heroic level, that progression hasn't changed. There are more options in Epic levels, but they're standard Feats.

The new Destiny Feats at levels 26 and 28 are something like Epic Class Feats, akin to the ones Fighters or Artificers get. You choose one feat from a select list of options.
    I think that's great, can we get retroactively fixed to also have those same 'Epic Class Feats' show up at 22 and 24? Continuing with the Fighter or Artificer comparison.

Community Member

Does Binding Speed stack with Melee or Ranged Alacrity?

Will Doubleshot be bugged like Combat Archery?

Holy Strike should make the equipped weapon bypass DR/good, otherwise it is not good

Community Member

i got some ideas for the "save feats"

heroic +2 save feat: you reroll once if you fail the save (work for specific save type)
    (luck of heroes +1 all saves: you reroll once on a failed save) (work for all 3 save types)

----------------------------------

epic feats: +2(or +4) to save, you reroll once if you fail, you cannot automatically fail on rolling 1

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    i got some ideas for the "save feats"

heroic +2 save feat: you reroll once if you fail the save (work for specific save type)
    (luck of heroes +1 all saves: you reroll once on a failed save) (work for all 3 save types)

----------------------------------

epic feats: +2(or +4) to save, you reroll once if you fail, you cannot automatically fail on rolling 1
    The math involved dictates that your proposal is unsound. If you only fail a roll on 1-5 in 20 then rerolling once makes it 1 in 16 (so from 25% to less than 7%). Worse (or better), if you only fail on a 1 in 20 then having a reroll makes that 1 in 400! Thats from 5% down to 1/4%. On the end if you fail on 1-17 in 20 then having a reroll makes it 289 in 400 so you only reduce from 85% to 72%.

Hence such a feat would make good saves far, far, far better - while doing much less for mediocre saves. Since good saves already dominate the game there seems little reason in making the gap even further.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 08-12-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Community Member

Hi,

Can someone let me know what is the CD on " force escape " feat ? Sounds an interesting anti CC feat but depends on CD...It could be nice to know before release as its a pain to max xp for 2 ED...

Same about the double shot penality for cross bow : someone already asked for it, and i d like to bump the question.

Thx.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grohgredin View Post
    Hi,

Can someone let me know what is the CD on " force escape " feat ? Sounds an interesting anti CC feat but depends on CD...It could be nice to know before release as its a pain to max xp for 2 ED...

Same about the double shot penality for cross bow : someone already asked for it, and i d like to bump the question.

Thx.
    It is a shame they took Lamania down so fast. I seem to remember that force escape is 30 seconds (maybe 20?). It wasn't too bad, but it was long enough that the shorter cool down on hellball meant I will pick that instead for damage.

Quote Originally Posted by merentha View Post
    I think that's great, can we get retroactively fixed to also have those same 'Epic Class Feats' show up at 22 and 24?
    In a manner of speaking the feat choices will be retroactive. What it looks like based on Lamannia is that each character will receive a LR +20 heart. By using the lesser reincarnation you can make whatever adjustments you want to make to the character -- that includes choosing different feats.

If you've never used a LR on an epic character what happens is that, after the normal character creation dialogue to set up the character at L1 and the normal airship dialogue to set up the character from L2 thru L20 you continue to talk to the trainer. This will let you reselect your epic feats as you take epic levels 1 (character level 21) and epic level 4 (character level 24).

Community Member

Can I select a lvl 26 feat when I get to lvl 28?

Quote Originally Posted by goalfire View Post
    Can I select a lvl 26 feat when I get to lvl 28?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    This is starting to become plain stupid of the Devs, yes you heard me Devs and you deserve this for this issue. You coded hand wraps all wrong and now every ability that requires weapons has to be coded separately for hand wraps. Any time this causes you difficulty you give up and turn to the community saying this is WAI which is utter BS.

Just like the LD abilities that had a unique unarmed animation (showing you obviously MEANT these to work with unarmed) gave you too much trouble coding so you turned around and told the community that this was WAI and gave some BS about LD being a weapon tree anyway.

This game is FULL of abilities that don't work with unarmed, due to lousy coding. ADMIT to the community you seriously fudged up with unarmed and stop lying to us that abilities that don't work with unarmed are WAI. You need to recode hand wraps as weapons so they will finally work with all Melee abilities, this stupidity has to end someday.
    An unarmed fighter has got it even worse with this, they require these abilities to be viable. Monks don't really as they have a lot of abilities which are better suited anyway. But for flavour sakes they should be available to hand-wrap users. My 18fighter/2Monk is becoming less and less viable.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Doubleshot converts rate of 1/3 for repeating crossbows. (Crossbow users can theoretically benefit from having 300% Doubleshot.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Doubleshot converts rate of 1/3 for repeating crossbows. (Crossbow users can theoretically benefit from having 300% Doubleshot.)
    :/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast