Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting into the Lammania Closed Beta

I pre-ordered and applied the expansion to my account yesterday (after having taken a long break from ddo). Lammania and its forums still hate me though.

Having never been in a closed beta before I'm not super au fait with how these things work. I know that betas sometimes operate in 'rounds' of invitations; so is it that I'll need to wait until the next round to get my name on the door?

That's fine if so, just hoping someone knows and I haven't overlooked doing something obvious that would give me immediate access.

In any event I suppose it's not the longest wait until the actual release, but I'd appreciate the ability to daydream about builds before that happens.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

The closed beta only went out to people who pre-ordered before a certain date a while back, so unfortunately you're going to miss out on it.

There's still info about the coming enhancement pass on DDO Wiki here from the alpha: http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancement_Alpha It won't be completely accurate, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
    The closed beta only went out to people who pre-ordered before a certain date a while back, so unfortunately you're going to miss out on it.

There's still info about the coming enhancement pass on DDO Wiki here from the alpha: http://ddowiki.com/page/Enhancement_Alpha It won't be completely accurate, but it's something.
    Yarg. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post

I prepurchased after this date and had an email invitation for beta weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

I did not pre purchase or own any expansion content, but I still received and invitation, it has a to do with VIP/Premium status as well

Lamannia and the Lammania forums are open to VIP's atm.

The pre-purchase was only to get early access to the closed beta.

With only 2 weeks to go before this goes live and given that the enhancement changes and XP repetition/ransack mechanics will affect every player, I'm expecting the whole thing to go to open beta/open preview any time now.

Okay, seems that free accounts can access the Lamannia forums too now. If you're not logged in then you can't see them, but I logged in a free instance holder dualbox account and it can browse the forums.

If that's the case then hopefully the NDA has been dropped too.

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Community Member

Default lucky me

I was out of DDO for about 2 months when i logged back on I was granted a free beta trial, I had a hard time getting it to start but I finaly got in a few days ago, now I am liking it and will continue to play there for awhile

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

So the NDA is over? Yeah Forum drama time: spending AS on chest re-rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Safer to wait until TPTB explicitly say so.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

I have seen where they shut Lam down. I have not seen a notice stating the NDA has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Community Member

The expansion is released is 2 weeks I would expect an open beta announcement soon.

Anyone can read the Lam forum now, so I can't imagine how they expect to keep it under wraps.... it's there for anyone to read.

Community Member

Anyone can read the Lam forum now, so I can't imagine how they expect to keep it under wraps.... it's there for anyone to read.
    How frustrating - it's still closed or hidden for me even having logged in. Premium tho, not VIP... you sure it's totally open now?

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    How frustrating - it's still closed or hidden for me even having logged in. Premium tho, not VIP... you sure it's totally open now?
    I am premium as well, maybe they've closed it again, I'll check

EDIT: freely browsable... sorry took so long got wrapped up reading about the new epic feats, and XP saga system
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 08-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Sorry, but you are mistaken. Not just anyone can read the Lam forum.

Community Member

I am premium as well, maybe they've closed it again, I'll check

EDIT: freely browsable... sorry took so long got wrapped up reading about the new epic feats, and XP saga system
    Gotta love these new forums. I no longer even see a link to Lama on the forums list page. So either it's closed-sorta-with-other-exceptions or there's some forum account problems happening...

Community Manager

We remain in Closed Beta and under an NDA. We're looking into reports that some people may have been able to see things they technically shouldn't have in recent days, and will make sure that no longer happens. That said, Open Beta is indeed coming very soon, so if you did get to see something you technically shouldn't have, consider it a sneak peek that you still can't talk about outside of the Lamannia forums for a little while yet.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We remain in Closed Beta and under an NDA. We're looking into reports that some people may have been able to see things they technically shouldn't have in recent days, and will make sure that no longer happens. That said, Open Beta is indeed coming very soon, so if you did get to see something you technically shouldn't have, consider it a sneak peek that you still can't talk about outside of the Lamannia forums for a little while yet.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast