Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cannot Cleanse (update) Epic Flameward

Per the Title, the Epic Flameward cannot be cleansed at the Epic Alter using the new cleansing ritual process

From the release notes:
    To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.
    This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Armor Appearance Kits and Stone of Change recipes.

I followed this process as described in the notes and was given an error on 3 attempts.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Retried this morning. Neither the Sibreys recipe nor the 3 token recipe will cleanse this item.

Bug reported in game
    Last edited by Atremus; 02-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

worked for me, but didnt try on web of chaos, cove or challenge gear. they have had a problem with these before.

hope they fix it soon for you
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Community Member

Just to be sure, you did use Siberys fragments and not Khyber ones?

Community Member

Default Cleansing

It does work on Cove gear. Note that it's 50 siberys dragonshards (the yellow ones).

It was indeed the Yellow shards.

Getting fail error when trying to update Epic Templar Docent, using yellow Siberys Dragonshard Fragments....

Active characters: Pssyche * Dredmor * Worley * Bundolo

Did you roll a 4?

Quote Originally Posted by DrDetroit View Post
    Did you roll a 4?

Only for your Torc

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Only for your Torc
    He WISHES it was HIS Torc...

On-topic: shortly before the update, I was able to clear the slot on my Epic Cav Plate using the 50 shards. I haven't tried anything since, but I know the ritual was working prior to U17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

I think that the cleansing ritual just doesn't exist for the LoD stuff (guessing)

I was able to cleanse my Spare Hand and EGA last night

Had the same problem with my alchemical handwraps today. Get failure every time.

Today I cleansed
    - Epic Mournlode Fullplate (tier 2)
    - Epic Cloak of Flames (tier 2)

It worked as it was supposed to. Of course I don't know about other Cannith Challenge stuff (yet).

Thanks for finding this!

Looking into the issue, here are the items that are missing "Cleansing Ritual" recipes:

#1: Alchemical Handwraps
    #2: All Epic Items from the Spinner of Shadows quest chain.

Cleansing Ritual recipes for these items appear to have never existed. They were not made when the items were first introduced.

A player on the Lamannia preview server caught that the Cannith Raid alchemical items did not have Cleansing Ritual recipes, and we were able to add them in- but we completely missed Handwraps while doing so.
    You all have my apologies as to that!

We are currently targeting Update 18 as the milestone to add Cleansing Ritual recipes to the Altar of Epic Rituals to allow players to update old Alchemical Handwraps and Spinner of Shadows epic items.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    We are currently targeting Update 18 as the milestone to add Cleansing Ritual recipes to the Altar of Epic Rituals to allow players to update old Alchemical Handwraps and Spinner of Shadows epic items.
    Good news, thanks.

Thanks Feather for looking into this so quickly.

Thanks for finding this!

Looking into the issue, here are the items that are missing "Cleansing Ritual" recipes:

Cleansing Ritual recipes for these items appear to have never existed. They were not made when the items were first introduced.

A player on the Lamannia preview server caught that the Cannith Raid alchemical items did not have Cleansing Ritual recipes, and we were able to add them in- but we completely missed Handwraps while doing so.

I guess that nobody reported the items since, because of the drop rates and bugs, hardly anybody's even got them.

ECD of Update 18?

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

Thanks for finding this!

... Sigh, so I couldn't slot the LoD items with the old augments until U17 and now that the new augment system is ready I can't slot it untill U18? Should I just stop trying to use any of it or live with the fact they'll be perma broken in some way?
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I guess that nobody reported the items since, because of the drop rates and bugs, hardly anybody's even got them.
    This. Spinner chain had broken drop rates on release day and they are more broken now.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast