Default Tomb of Forbidden Solo Help!

Using a hire I decided to work my way through this quest. I heard it could be done so figured I give it a go.

Got past 1st set of gates no problem.

Unlocked 2nd pair of gates, Pulled levers on both sides. Killed mobs that spawn on both sides. (Barrage is good for clearing these)

However, the elfing middle gate will not open.

I burned through 6 Stormreaver cookies to kill 2 mephits and a Frost Marrow Mage that we spawned on the other side of middel door but it will not ELFING open.

I have unlocked both levers and pulled at as close to the same time as possible. But that stupid middle door will not open.

What the oly elfing ell am I missing here?

middle door only opens when both levers are pulled and all the mobs(that spawned in both sides) are killed, sometimes there's 1 archer that jumped through the wall, sometimes is a melee that didn't spawn first or didn't see it(yesterday i checked 2 times and didn't see 1 in my side lol)

gj on timing levers, abit tricky :P
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Yup, make sure (even though the gate opens) you clear both sides. As above - walk near walls on each side and listen for mobs stuck in walls. If there is one (or more), the middle gate won't open. I've only had it happen a couple times in the past year; so although annoying, it doesn't bite you often.

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Yup, make sure (even though the gate opens) you clear both sides. As above - walk near walls on each side and listen for mobs stuck in walls. If there is one (or more), the middle gate won't open. I've only had it happen a couple times in the past year; so although annoying, it doesn't bite you often.
    Just one question!

I understand the unlocking the levers bit - I park my hireling on one side and I go to the other side.

The levers get pulled at the same time.

I clear my side BUT my hireling is either on the other side still parked or has teleported to me and the mobs on the other side are NOT cleared!
    How do you clear the Hireling's side?

Default Awesome thx

I had walked up and down both sides a couple times and did get an archer and knight to pop out but had not considered that one may have been stuck somewhere.

I havn't attempted this without live players in party before and was pretty excited to make it through the first door.

Not an uber achievement but in the middle of 10th life on this toon I thought it'd be worth a go for Esses and Gees

Will try again this evening.

Was pleasantly surprised that Barrage was able to hold his own. After pulling the second set of levers I put him on Attack mode and he hopped down and wiped out some mephits and skeletons and was standing by me in the middle by the closed door when I came back from a smoke.

Default The side doors open on a timer eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Just one question!

I understand the unlocking the levers bit - I park my hireling on one side and I go to the other side.

The levers get pulled at the same time.

I clear my side BUT my hireling is either on the other side still parked or has teleported to me and the mobs on the other side are NOT cleared!
    How do you clear the Hireling's side?
    The first set of gated doors opened for me after pulling the first set of levers, commanding hire to port to me, thinking DOH! after this move. Killed the stuff on my side. Waited a minute or 2 to think then the doors opened.

I checked DDO wiki afterward and it was mentioned there.

Exclamation

Sorry for the resurrection ...

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    middle door only opens when both levers are pulled and all the mobs(that spawned in both sides) are killed, sometimes there's 1 archer that jumped through the wall, sometimes is a melee that didn't spawn first or didn't see it(yesterday i checked 2 times and didn't see 1 in my side lol)

gj on timing levers, abit tricky :P
    Today I ran into this trap. One archer jumped into the middle hallway, to far to turn it.
    Searching on DDO-Wiki, no explaination. Looking on forum, I found this note.

After waiting for more than 30 minutes (40 minutes?), I decided, this must be the failure and I restarted the quest.

I made a note of this on the DDO-Wiki: https://ddowiki.com/page/Tomb_of_the_Forbidden

There are also mobs that don't spawn when you pull the levers but spawn when you are close enough to their spawn points, so you may not have killed them all. I have had that happen several times in the past.
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Default Hiyall.

In the intervening 7 years since this post I have learned to have hire pull one side while I pull 2nd. Ddoor. Go make a sandwich, snuggle the dog, etc etc. After about 10 to 15 min the doors open on their own and you can kill all the mobs to open center gates and continue.

Same deal with 2nd set of locked levers.

Just remember to unlock but not pull lever. Unlock and move to interrupt. Park hire. Go to other side. Unlock and move to interrupt. Set hire's target to the lever on their side. Have hire pull his and you pull yours.

EZPZ