Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member pokeoutyoureardrums's Avatar

I always use the POW (mario blocks anyone?) Hoping for gradual SP replacement. This has happened only three times out of too many to count.

What i usually end up with is steady damage.

Not sure if it's because they try and heal me (i am usually undead), or if they actually are just doing random damage, but it frustrates my comrades something fierce when they call on me to nuke and realize i have been POWed to death.

I have yet to get a satchel charge out of one, but would love to. And on that note, i wish we could keep the charges from the cannith quest. Or even buy them/get them as loot drops. How fun would that be?
    THREAD KILLER
    A truly intelligent person can understand the simplicity of a joke

One lie is all it takes to undo a man
    "I am telling you, the word chicken does not have a 2 in it."

Quote Originally Posted by pokeoutyoureardrums View Post
    And on that note, i wish we could keep the charges from the cannith quest. Or even buy them/get them as loot drops. How fun would that be?
    oh gawd no
    way too much griefing in store
    quite literally
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Loved the old deck of many things... I actually bought a couple copies of the Dragon (or might have been Dungeon can't recall which it was but it was one or the other) magazine that had a complete deck inside just to give my players a tangible thing to use when the stuff hit the fan, and someone (invariably it was when the stuff hit the fan and everyone was desperate) yelled for the DoMT... I can't recall exactly but there was a strong summons that was very likely to turn on the party, that got pulled from the deck wiped everyone followed by new character rollup time, they left the next DoMT where they found it LOL.
    It was Dragon Issue 148. Made for a more visual effect than just rolling a die against a table of effects.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

I save mine for emergency situations.
    R.I.P. Devourer - 20-Aug-2010 11:00 GMT(+1 DST)
    (World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Farewell to all our loyal players and thank you for your time in Eberron. We wish you all the best for your future adventures. Please log out now as the servers are now going down. Many thanks, Codemasters Online.'

I will never use a potion of wonder. They will turn a bad situation into a disaster.
    I sell them to vendors straight away.
    Complete waste of space, time and energy.

Talking

Even before the changes my policy on potions of wonder for me and several others were if you loot one you need to drink it right then.

Had no idea that POW have this Droam Charge effect also

It has happened to me in one ADQ pug (someone have drunk POW, I never drink them myself) but everybody was confused and didn't know what happened (even the person that drunk it, I guess).
    I may be dumb...
    @Thelanis: Guslar/Machkica/Cvr/Weadar

Community Member

I drank a potion in madstone crater the other day that spawned some shavarath blades on me. That was, exciting. I may or may not have jumped off the top of the end tower screaming "get them away from meeeeee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I will never use a potion of wonder. They will turn a bad situation into a disaster.
    Gaming is serious business! We need to not have things like this that make the game fun and random and invoke laughter in our guilds. We need to focus on leveling, and having high dps, and other things! Fun isn't time sensitive.

DDO = For serious people only....
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

Last potion I drank summoned Shroud blades!

A question for the devs: A while back, I encountered a chap who sought out potions of wonder because he'd heard of someone receiving a +1 permanent bonus to a skill. The rest of us called poppycock to the idea, but I'm just going to ask:

Are there any permanent benefits in the potion of wonder's effects table? Have there ever been any?
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Last potion I drank summoned Shroud blades!

A question for the devs: A while back, I encountered a chap who sought out potions of wonder because he'd heard of someone receiving a +1 permanent bonus to a skill. The rest of us called poppycock to the idea, but I'm just going to ask:

Are there any permanent benefits in the potion of wonder's effects table? Have there ever been any?
    You might have to use diplomacy to buff the chest in order to be able to generate a PoW that could contain that effect.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

Nope.
    But they can summon rest shrines!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    You don't drink them to get positive benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FZTopaz View Post
    Gaming is serious business! We need to not have things like this that make the game fun and random and invoke laughter in our guilds. We need to focus on leveling, and having high dps, and other things! Fun isn't time sensitive.

POW are fun with guildies and friends but I agree with dendrix in that imo they don't have a place in pugs. Use of pow is all about context.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Nope.
    Now that is just deliciously evil.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Nope.
    Then the ones that can wipe a party should always also call a res shrine.
    Last edited by TPICKRELL; 01-15-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Then the ones that can wipe a party should always also call a rest shrine.
    That would just be evil, now if it summoned a resurrection shrine that would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    Now that is just deliciously evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    That would just be evil
    No, evil would be allowing them to be consumed while dead to get a small chance at a self rez, but still allowing all the other possibilities to spawn.

<gulp>
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <blades>
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <earth shattering kaboom>
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    <gulp>
    "Hey guys! Awesome, I rezzed myself!"
    "..."
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    No, evil would be allowing them to be consumed while dead to get a small chance at a self rez, but still allowing all the other possibilities to spawn.

<gulp>
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <blades>
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <gulp>
    <earth shattering kaboom>
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    *ding!*
    <gulp>
    "Hey guys! Awesome, I rezzed myself!"
    "..."
    Well I was thinking of a naively optimistic hero, who sees that the good healer and arcane that helped carry the party through the quest are running low on SP.
    <gulp>
    *useless buff*
    <gulp>
    neg level
    <gulp>
    etc...
    <gulp>
    BOOM!
    *Party Wipe*
    Who needs villains when a naive hero can do the job even better, after all who would expect foul deeds from those with good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    That would just be evil, now if it summoned a resurrection shrine that would be different.
    True that. fixed my typo. thanks
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by FZTopaz View Post

^this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast