Community Member

Default Primal Avatar: Tsunami's Cold portion being resisted constantly?

It appears the cold portion of Tsunami (the bit that scores 0 damage if enemy makes the save) is not hitting at all. I don't recall ever seeing the cold portion of Tsunami work. I am thinking the DC for the cold portion is being calculated wrongly.

Tsunami: Active (50SP to activate) (7 sec cooldown) ...The cold damage and knockdown are negated on a successful Fortitude save vs. 10 + Wisdom modifier + Character level.

My Tsunami works out to be DC of 50 at the moment. But most likely it isn't 50, because even in epic casual, I never score hits.

Also I was very disappointed when I found out Stormrage doesn't scale with spellpower. For 50 SP, it is completely worthless then. This is barely a Tier 2 skill, let alone the Tier 5 skill that it is being recognized as.
    Together with bugged Insidious Spore (u kill yourself) and bugged Chill of Winter (u kill yourself), this ED is utter trash.

What a disappointment.

Also the Summon Elder Dryad can cast regenerate (good but she rarely does), instead she uses the lightning strike all the time (a pitiful 90 dmg or so).

Community Member

Default dryad

Also noticed the Dryad's lightning attack scales with your Electric spell power. That's cool.

The issue with tsunami (aside from the targeting issues) is how the DC is calculated. I don't know how its calculated but i suspect the DC is ~10. If you go into low lvl quests and cast tsunami (i tested on the crystals from the bank quest in sharn sindicate) you find that the cold damage lands every time.

So its a bad DC issue. Shadow dancer had similar problems.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    The issue with tsunami (aside from the targeting issues) is how the DC is calculated. I don't know how its calculated but i suspect the DC is ~10. If you go into low lvl quests and cast tsunami (i tested on the crystals from the bank quest in sharn sindicate) you find that the cold damage lands every time.

So its a bad DC issue. Shadow dancer had similar problems.
    And also Stormrage as already been noted, is doing 10d10 damage. not 10d20 like it says in the tooltip.

Noticed that too, the only time it ever works is when mobs roll a one, and that's it.

any improvement with update 17?

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    any improvement with update 17?
    thread necro: did they ever fix this? seems like a nice spell on a force specced caster.

Is the base force damage capped at something?

Bumping this, on paper (going by Wiki) this is one of the best spells in the game in terms of base damage, when also considering cooldown, and cost (free meta magics on it) a KO effect, with very high potential base damage for force AND very high potential base damage for cold on top of that.

depending on what it's capped at it could be 310 force damage and 310 cold damage base value at level 28 (that's very very high for 50sp and no extra meta costs and a 7 second CD)

Compare to a good ray spell (various) 144-200 base for 25 SP + 25 Max and 15 Emp + 10 Quicken = 75sp

Compare to 800+ on an energy burst for 30 SP with 30 second CD free quicken but no max or empower (-175 spell power)

Compare to Ruin 500 force (untyped) with 75sp cost and meta's increase cost.