Community Member

Question Otto's Box Stone of XP, bound by constraints of previous stone of experience?

I looked at the contents of the Otto's Irresistable Box, saw the stone of xp and immediately wondered if this is affected by the 1 use per account limitation that affected the stone of xp for the MotU expansion.

I'd personally like to see usage constraints before I throw down points. If I get a stone of xp to use on someone whom I used a stone of xp on during the previous phase, will it bounce and say that the player I attempted to use it on has already been affected by one?

or has that count been "reset" after the remaining xp stones vanished and a new 1 per account rule is in effect.

or assuming tp and free time, use on multiple characters and/or multiple lives for the same character.

I figure it'd be a good idea to describe the constraints to avoid misconceptions after the box was/is purchased.

It appears to be covered in treblicate in the general forum.
    Last edited by GoRinNoSho; 12-13-2012 at 04:46 PM.

I'd like to know that too. If I've already used a Stone of Experience on my account, will I be allowed to use the one from the Holiday Box as well?

Can someone shed some light on this issue, please?

The in-game store says this:

Stone of Experience: Allows level 8 or higher characters to immediately level up to level 16! To use this item, your character must be level 8 to 15, and may be used by characters who have previously true reincarnated or used a stone of experience. This item is tradable, but is not auctionable or sellable to vendors.
    The web-based store says this:

Stone of Experience: Allows level 8 or higher characters to immediately level up to level 16! To use this item, your character must be level 8 to 15. This item is tradable, but is not auctionable or sellable to vendors.
    Thus far, the latter appears to be in effect according to those who have attempted their use.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

did they fix the bugs with the xp stones as of yet in the patches?
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Please see the Holiday Box Page for information on the Stone of XP.

The stone of experience from the Holiday Box can indeed be used by characters who have previously true reincarnated or used a stone of experience before.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post

The stone of experience from the Holiday Box can indeed be used by characters who have previously true reincarnated or used a stone of experience before.
    That would imply that you can use multiple of the new stones from the Holiday Box on the same character, correct?
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    That would imply that you can use multiple of the new stones from the Holiday Box on the same character, correct?
    My question is, the boxes are only on sale through the 20th, but if I buy one and hold onto it can the leveling stone be used after the 20th or do they expire like the MotU ones did?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post

So, we can now buy past lives in the DDO store. I laughed at Chai when he said that was coming.

QuartermasterX, you make me sad. Turbine, I am so very disappointed in you.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    So, we can now buy past lives in the DDO store. I laughed at Chai when he said that was coming.

QuartermasterX, you make me sad. Turbine, I am so very disappointed in you.
    You still would have to lvl from 16 - 20 then TR and lvl to 8 again and then spend $50 a pop to skip some of the fastest lvls to get through when tring anyways. So if people want to spend hundreds of dollars to skip a few of the easier tr lvls shoot let them Turbine has to make money somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobius View Post
    You still would have to lvl from 16 - 20 then TR and lvl to 8 again and then spend $50 a pop to skip some of the fastest lvls to get through when tring anyways. So if people want to spend hundreds of dollars to skip a few of the easier tr lvls shoot let them Turbine has to make money somehow.
    You're right. We should just put everything in DDO for sale. Raid gear, raid completions, past lives, raid flagging. All of it. Just put a straight $ per XP conversion in the DDO store.
    Turbine has to make money somehow.

God forbid they should actually do it by making good content that people would actually want to play. Let's pay them for the privilege of skipping that content instead. Because Farmville is the game that I want Turbine to model DDO after.

By the way, if there were an exploit that allowed people to pick up 3 million XP with a couple of clicks, there would be a massive cry of outrage. But as long as people have to give Turbine money for it, that's fine.

Small question: Are these purchasable on Lammania? It would make sense that they should be, since we all have an overabundance of TP on there. Gives us the option of toying with our character builds prior to achieving them on the live servers.

Also, I think as a loyalty reward for VIP status that we should get on of these boxes on each server on our birthdays. Sort of a "thanks for continuing to spend money on us" since there are quite a few of us who don't always feel we get our money's worth (and I'm not just saying this because my birthday is in 4 days, the sale dies in 2 days and I won't have the cash to buy the TP to buy the box until after my birthday)

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Except that's not what this is.

Call me when you can bypass all 20 levels. Heck, you can't even bypass the tougher L16-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Except that's not what this is.

Call me when you can bypass all 20 levels. Heck, you can't even bypass the tougher L16-20.
    Not so much, level 1-8 can be done in a day, 16-20 is easy when 10 or 11-15 are still available to run.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader emeritus, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    Not so much, level 1-8 can be done in a day, 16-20 is easy when 10 or 11-15 are still available to run.
    Very much this. Especially since the new stone can get you within spitting distance of 18.