Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Here's a couple examples of how the items scale up to Epic Elite. Since I don't want to spoil all the fun, I'll leave discovering the rest up to you guys.

I did however want to show you the feedback in the item tooltip about the difficulty of the quest the item was from, since it is not in the build currently on Lamannia. You will notice it in the top right corner of the item tooltip. We hope to get that portion of it on Lamannia as soon as we can.

FYI: The new Toxic mutation is an on-hit proc that creates an AoE damage over time cloud, dealing significant acid damage over 10 seconds. It does damage enemies who are immune to poison. The constitution damage portion of it is the only part that is blocked by poison immunity.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 08-10-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Here's a couple example of how the items scale up to Epic Elite. Since I don't want to spoil all the fun, I'll leave discovering the rest up to you guys.

I did however want to show you the feedback in the item tooltip about the difficulty of the quest the item was from, since it is not in the build currently on Lamannia. You will notice it in the top right corner of the item tooltip. We hope to get that portion of it on Lamannia as soon as we can.

FYI: The new Toxic mutation is an on-hit proc that creates an AoE damage over time cloud, dealing significant acid damage over 10 seconds. It does damage enemies who are immune to poison. The constitution damage portion of it is the only part that is blocked by poison immunity.

That's a very nice feature! Will you be implementing the difficulty feedback into all the legacy epic items too?

Also a pretty nice boost to the shield. I will definitely be making that my new shield once I get my hands on it.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Oh wow.

Now, I wonder what the difference between Epic Hard and Epic Elite is. I kind of reach the end of my soloing skills with Epic Hard...

(I'd love to get those Epic Elite handwraps for my monk.)
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Phlebotomize all the things!!!

Feather, could you at least confirm the devs are aware there are no named greatswords at all in this expansion? Practically every other weapon type is already covered! This is a major oversight.

That's a pretty sexy shield for my druid in healer and dot tank modes, though I'd rather have 20% healing amp than 30%. My DoS might even make use of that while soloing in S&B mode.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

"Phlebotomize?"

Sounds all right, I guess. "Exsanguinate" would be much cooler, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Here's a couple examples of how the items scale up to Epic Elite. Since I don't want to spoil all the fun, I'll leave discovering the rest up to you guys.

I like these two quite a bit, but if the shield were 25% healing amp instead of 30% healing amp it would actually be better. I do not know how powerful you want to make it but 25% stacks with the pdk and claw gloves which would make it great for self healers, paladins virtually anybody.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    That's a pretty sexy shield for my druid in healer and dot tank modes, though I'd rather have 20% healing amp than 30%. My DoS might even make use of that while soloing in S&B mode.
    Yeah I'd rather have heal amp 20% on it than 10%...
    But it's a very nice shield anyway, and this scaling mechanism is a nice idea.
    Last edited by nivarch; 08-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    What do you consider an endgame setup?
    That is entierly dependent upon character, character intention, and how the character is played.

I don't do cookie cutter.

Been playing with the Ivy Wraps. I like Toxic! It goes off pretty often, and does quite a bit more acid damage than my cloudkill clicky does. Not a lot, but adds up

Doesn't seem to stack with Cloudkill (both the damage & poison), or provide the Concealment bonus. No biggie though - I don't think I've ever seen anyone else actually use that spell outside of raid bosses.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.

Turbine doesn't create content fast enough to jettison the old content like that. In fact, they have in the past gone back and made obsolete content viable again to broaden the content that people want to run.

If all pre-expansion gear became obsolete when U14 launched, that would mean that end game would consist of... a dozen quests and one raid. That'd be terribly boring. By keeping power creep to a minimum, it means that the old epics are still worth running giving us a suitable stable of content to run.

If Turbine had enough content in U14 to build a whole new end game, then I'd say go for it, make all our old gear worthless. But it's going to be a fair few updates yet before they can afford to throw away the old quests/raids.

Thanks for making yet another docent that manages to be an exact copy of an armor with inferior base stats (mithral at 16 AC and 5 dex vs armor 17 AC and 10 dex)

This docent can be made especially flavorful since it has an 'organic' theme, and instead the opportunity is squandered because you have chosen to be lazy and half-ass its design. For example, instead of the exceptional fortification, it can have:

Greater Blood: -20% fortification, -20% base healing penalty

In fact, docents can be an entire THEME and advantage to the race. Since they can be instantly swapped, you could have a variety of docents each with its own unique ability and micromanage them for a real gameplay advantage. Just some ideas that took me maybe 10 seconds to think up:

Craftable (+2 Potential)
    Mithral Fluidity (+1 Max Dex Bonus)
    Spined Body (+1d4 Piercing damage to ranged attacks)
    etc.

Instead, each and every update, the opportunity is completely squandered. I cannot be more disappointed in the docent design for this game. Bring back the guy who made us the Docent of Defiance, Docent of Blood, and Docent of Quickening.
    Last edited by scoobmx; 08-10-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meiron View Post
    Feather, could you at least confirm the devs are aware there are no named greatswords at all in this expansion? Practically every other weapon type is already covered! This is a major oversight.
    Perhaps theres no new greatsword because eSoS is still the most powerful weapon in the game...Just a theory tho.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I like these two quite a bit, but if the shield were 25% healing amp instead of 30% healing amp it would actually be better. I do not know how powerful you want to make it but 25% stacks with the pdk and claw gloves which would make it great for self healers, paladins virtually anybody.
    That's why healing amp shouldn't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    Real easy question to answer.

Powergamer: I want that Epic Sword of Shadow so that I can do the highest DPS in the game! I want it to show off to all my friends! I need a better weapon to compete with all the geared players in Epic Elite raids! I'm tired of all this old legacy stuff, I want to crush a new raid! I want some edge-on-your-seat hardcore difficult thrill! Guess I'll have to buy that Vault of Night series...

Casualgamer: I'm bored. I need something new to do with my buddies. Hmm... hey guys, how about trying that Vault of Night series just for kicks ya know? Maybe the puzzles will be fun. Maybe the boss fight will be cool. I dunno, let's give it a shot! It's all about having fun, not winning the game!
    Can you pass the dootchie on the left hand side?

Quote Originally Posted by LelandHill View Post
    Perhaps theres no new greatsword because eSoS is still the most powerful weapon in the game...Just a theory tho.
    That doesn't make any sense though, because the Epic Antique Greataxe is also pretty powerful, and there's a named Greataxe in the raid. It also has arguably better damage than the eSoS. Just because a type of weapon already exists doesn't mean there shouldn't be lesser, but similar and easier to acquire items too.

Community Member

Unhappy

Wow turbine...this is just pathetic. I'm sorry but 90% of the named items in u14 were so bad not to mention the random challenge gear, I thought to myself that in u15 they would definitely give us some gear that would surpass the ml20 gear we already had.

I was sadly mistaken...with the exception of 1 or maybe 2 of the cloaks and possibly the shield all of these items are just as useless as 90% of the u14 named items. This makes me very sad...

Community Member

That doesn't make any sense though, because the Epic Antique Greataxe is also pretty powerful, and there's a named Greataxe in the raid. It also has arguably better damage than the eSoS. Just because a type of weapon already exists doesn't mean there shouldn't be lesser, but similar and easier to acquire items too.
    Yes I would have to agree with you on this...it is high time that they introduce another Greatsword into the game. Whether it be better or worse than eSoS. My comment was just stating the reason why I personally think they havent added a new greatsword yet.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

New greataxe is also garbage. Yes it does more raw damage, but it has a worse crit profile and it can't bypass DR. It doesn't have any augment slots so it can't be customized. It also requires that you eat up the trinket slot in order to be competitive with other top two handers.

In other words, the new weapons are one step forward and two steps back.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast