Default Stone of experiance an druid

does having any druid levels make it so you can't use the stone of experience or can you just not take druid levels. My original plan was to tr one of my charactures and make a 12 monk 8 druid So i was wondering if it was possible. For example if i am a 6 druid 2 monk can i use the stone of experience to gain 8 more monk levels.

The description states that it is not usable by a druid (wish I had a screen shot). I believe that any druid levels prevent that character from using the stone, but not 100% sure. One theory I wanted to test to confirm this, but did not, was to try it on a toon that had at least 1 druid level but more levels in another class (like the class in which you would receive a past-life feat).

As far as my own experiences with the Stone, they are as follows:
    1. Even though my acct was eligible to receive 5 stones, my Druid character could not get them. I had to log onto a non-druid to get them.
    2. My druid (pure) could not have the stone used on her.
    3. My druid COULD, however, target others and activate the stone. (I put some in my shared bank).
    4. I could not activate them on other pure druid characters.

Community Member

If being a druid stops stone usage, but using a stone doesn't stop taking druid levels afterwards, you could go for a Monk 8 first, use the stone and then take 8 levels of druid.

Once you have used the Stone of Experience on a character, you cannot take Druid levels on that character.

This may change in the future though, possibly around the same time we start allowing people to veteran status into Druid, or LR into Druid levels.

DDOWiki

uhg so you're saying that, after the stones get deleted on live come August, you are putting them in the eStore?
    My HATE goes UNLIMITED!
    DIV on Thelanis

Xorphitus*Xiaojjie*Xiaommei
    DDOwiki - Sharing DDO knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    or LR into Druid levels.
    Um... on Llama, I was able to LR Druid levels on my Dronk. This was a day or so ago and I Vet Status'd a Monk to 4, bought a +1 Lesser from the Store. Took three Monk levels and one in Druid.

If you don't want people to do that atm, they kinda can.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Dronk
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Drunk
    Yes.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yk49 View Post
    uhg so you're saying that, after the stones get deleted on live come August, you are putting them in the eStore?
    How did you get that out of this?

Once you have used the Stone of Experience on a character, you cannot take Druid levels on that character.

This may change in the future though, possibly around the same time we start allowing people to veteran status into Druid, or LR into Druid levels.
    Vesuvium's comment is talking about the process that is the same they did with Arties, when they were first introduced you could not take levels in Artie through Vet Status or through the LR process.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Time Bandit
    ex DDO Players Council

This is completely RIDICULOUS, sorry.

Regardless of whether new character classes should start at level 1 (and : yes), it's just contrary to D&D to prevent a 1st, 4th, 7th, or 16th level character grabbing a druid level.

Glad to know I just wasted 8+ hours in Beta testing a Fighter/Druid build.
    Test 1: Warforged Fighter/Druid still got fort and healers friend in wolf form, figured was a bug so tested Dwarf build
    Test 2: Vet 7, unable to use stone of change after taking a druid level
    Test 3: Vet 7, used my only stone of change to get to 16 Fighter while planning Druid at 19-20. Been away for last 3 days so have not logged in yet today, but now your saying there is no point since I can't take Druid at all.

Why? People can do TR's in <30 hours of gameplay, does it matter if they can use a stone to skip a day or two of playing? The mid levels at that, where the best xp/min quests are.

Quote Originally Posted by yk49 View Post
    thats what i heard too

I also imagine this:

Limited Time Only!!!: Stone of experience 1-20. Now in the DDO store!!!!

(Hey, its not raid loot...)
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

DDOWiki

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    How did you get that out of this?
    All Stones on live vanish August 20th.
    Druids aren't available in DDO Store (for those didnt purchase MotU) until the first post-expansion update, come August.
    They start allowing veteran/LR into Druid levels. - We dont know when, but it is likely well after above two.
    My HATE goes UNLIMITED!
    DIV on Thelanis

Xorphitus*Xiaojjie*Xiaommei
    DDOwiki - Sharing DDO knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Natashaelle View Post
    This is completely RIDICULOUS, sorry.

Regardless of whether new character classes should start at level 1 (and : yes), it's just contrary to D&D to prevent a 1st, 4th, 7th, or 16th level character grabbing a druid level.

I do not think they mean it as when someone uses a stone that they are prevented from leveling up as a Druid afterwards.
    Just that you cannot take Druid levels during the free level jump process.
    So level up as a Druid to 8 normally, jump to 16 with 8 levels of something else, and proceed to level in Druid up to 20.

Unless there have been tests where people could not level up at 17-20 as Druid after taking the jump to 16 in other classes?

(Also, in regards to Stones and TR, it has already been made mention that your new body after turning to ash will not allow you to use another Stone if you had already used one prior.
    At least, that's their stance on it for now.
    You can use a stone once, and it locks the ability to use another from your account, no matter if the character that used it TR's or not.)
    Last edited by Talias006; 06-14-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.

Founder

[QUOTE=Talias006;4523411]I do not think they mean it as when someone uses a stone that they are prevented from leveling up as a Druid afterwards.
    Just that you cannot take Druid levels during the free level jump process.
    So level up as a Druid to 8 normally, jump to 16 with 8 levels of something else, and proceed to level in Druid up to 20.

/QUOTE]

pretty sure that is exactly what they mean. you cannot use a stone on a character that has any druid levels, so leveling to 8 as a Druid prevents you from jumping to 16 as you cannot use a stone on that character.

and it sounded pretty clear that if you level up to 8 in a different class, say fighter, and use a stone on that character, that you would not be able to select druid for your level 9 - 16 advancements. actually, sounded like you were blocked from taking any druid levels all the way to 20 but even if they allowed you to take druid once you got past the stone boost at 16, why would you?

Same dumb decision you guys made with artificer got it.

New classes should succeed or fail on their own merits not on you guys putting in silly mechanics to make people play them more.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    pretty sure that is exactly what they mean. you cannot use a stone on a character that has any druid levels, so leveling to 8 as a Druid prevents you from jumping to 16 as you cannot use a stone on that character.

and it sounded pretty clear that if you level up to 8 in a different class, say fighter, and use a stone on that character, that you would not be able to select druid for your level 9 - 16 advancements. actually, sounded like you were blocked from taking any druid levels all the way to 20 but even if they allowed you to take druid once you got past the stone boost at 16, why would you?
    Guess we will see when it comes back up.
    I will level a Druid to 8 and see if I can use a Stone to take myself up to 16.
    Then attempt to level up to 17 as a Druid and see what happens.

If I can, the reason to continue with Druid is the character can still make the 12/8 split.
    Or a 12/6/2.

And the obvious answer to the question of why is... because I can?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.

Community Member

Default What about TRs?

If I've used the Stone of XP on a past life but now TRed into a new life, can I take Druid class levels?

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    If I've used the Stone of XP on a past life but now TRed into a new life, can I take Druid class levels?
    yes

Beware the Sleepeater