Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nomenclature Change: Updates 14 and 15

This isn't really worthy of a big announcement per say, but wanted to mention it as more news articles start to appear about the Expansion...

Previously we had been calling the Expansion "Xpack 1" and the August update "Update 14". We've shifted to labeling the Expansion as the 14th update, and the August update is now called Update 15. This doesn't change when the Xpack launches, nor the August target for when the Xpack content will be available in the DDO Store. Just wanted to clarify in case you started to see press articles talking about content being in the Store in Update 15.

Thanks for the Update

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Ty for the clarity
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Good to know! Thanks.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Filed ...... not that file ... the other one .... no, not that one either ..... the one over there

Ooh ooh... so has the re-enhancement UI/P.R.E.-fill-out which moved from the old named Expansion Pack to Update 14 due to timing now moved to Update 15 -OR- did inspector space-time get ahold of the schedule and find that due to a name-stickyness requirement/feature of the re-enhancementization of DDO that it must stay with Update 14 and hence it's been moved back up to June XPpack timeframe.

You should really watch your name-stickyness setup on these features. Eladrin and systems team can sleep (and/or go outside) in July (no year given) or some such.

P.S: You should let them go see the Avengers movie though... might give them some good ideas for systems work.
    Casual DDOaholic

Community Member

It makes a ton more sense to do it that way and will make versioning much much easier to understand.

But there might be nerd rage from some special customers when they are told they paid for a mere "update" and not an awesome "expansion" :-)

Talking

You could change its name to "Jerry" as long as you do it properly!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this <--- 2020 edition!

Does this alter which updates get bug fixes? In the past the odd number updates had more fixes and the evens were more just quest packs. Now if update 15 is going to be new quest packs, will it have bug fixes or will that be update 16?
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

so, reading in to this... does this mean we're going to start hearing more about old update 14/new update 15?

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I see Tolero is messing with the timey-whimey wibbly-wobbly stuff again :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Ok... MotU = Update 14 now..... And the Update 14 Fernando mentioned in his MotU announcement is now Update 15.

Make sense to keep the versioning consistent. :-) Thanks for the heads up.
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

Since 'Updates are Free' does that mean we don't have to pay for the 'xpack1' anymore? [/devilish grin]

RE: THAC0 - No changes needed, nobody listens to Fernando anymore, we're still waiting to take Paralyzing off one weapon and add it to another...
    Last edited by Zzevel; 04-26-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Thanks for the Update
    i see what you did there
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    inspector space-time /snip

P.S: You should let them go see the Avengers movie though... might give them some good ideas for systems work.
    +1 for community ref. cool.. cool cool cool!

wish i could +1 twice (^^)
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We've shifted to labeling the Expansion as the 14th update, and the August update is now called Update 15. This doesn't change when the Xpack launches, nor the August target for when the Xpack content will be available in the DDO Store. Just wanted to clarify in case you started to see press articles talking about content being in the Store in Update 15.
    This makes me a very sad panda. Either sales are very low or the content isnt good enough to call it an expansion. The former is very doubtful. The latter is reasonable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    You could change its name to "Jerry" as long as you do it properly!
    I hope they do.

It looks like a Jerry.

@mystafyi: That seems like a very odd conclusion to leap to. The far more reasonable scenario is that they wanted to keep consistency in nomenclature for internal control purposes.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Expalphalog View Post
    I hope they do.
    [img]image[/img]
    It looks like a Jerry.
    I keep failing understanding english language humor(supposing it was a joke), maybe i just gotta study more
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    I keep failing understanding english language humor(supposing it was a joke), maybe i just gotta study more
    If it makes you feel better my parents are both english (like from England english) and I was born in Canada and still live here so english is the ONLY "Real" launguage I speak and I didn't get it either
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    If it makes you feel better my parents are both english (like from England english) and I was born in Canada and still live here so english is the ONLY "Real" launguage I speak and I didn't get it either
    lol, MUCH better! Thanks!

I love english language and i learned it all by myself *feels proud* no university, no private lessons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast