Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Menace of the Underdark FAQ

Expansion FAQ

When can I get the expansion, and how?
    We will announce the details about the sale of Menace of the Underdark as we get closer to launch.

How much will it cost?
    We will be announcing pricing details very soon!

When is beta?
    We will be hosting a Beta program to get your feedback on all the exciting new content and will announce the timing of it in the coming months.

Does this mean Eberron is “over”?
    Not at all! While we will be focusing on Forgotten Realms in the near future, we do plan to add more Eberron content to DDO in the future as well.

Is the expansion a separate game than the Eberron game?
    No! Menace of the Underdark is an expansion to the existing DDO service. Players will be able to continue to enjoy the Eberron content and the new Forgotten Realms content without having to install a new game client or abandon their existing friends and servers.

Will we be allowed to bring our Warforged & Artificers to Forgotten Realms?
    Yes! Be sure to check out Update 13, our next update where you’ll learn more about how Eberron characters come to find themselves in Forgotten Realms!

How did you link the Eberron and Forgotten Realms setting in the game, isn’t that against the D&D rules?
    We’ve worked closely with Wizards of the Coast, as well as setting creator Ed Greenwood, to carefully craft a story that leads to the linking of the two game worlds. The threat of Lolth is something that touches multiple parts of the D&D universe, and we’re excited to let DDO players take part in a story that will span both D&D settings to try and stop her!

Once we go to Forgotten Realms can our characters ever go back to Eberron?
    Yes! Your characters will be able to go back and forth between Eberron and Forgotten Realms.

How will “epic” levels work? Are they different than normal character levels?
    Normal character levels are now called “Heroic” levels (1-20). After the release of Menace of the Underdark, characters who’ve reached level 20 will be able to start earning experience towards their Epic Levels. Epic levels allow players to continue to advance and customize their characters in all new ways. We’ll post more previews and dev diaries for the community regarding these exciting new features.

What happens to existing “True Reincarnation” characters?
    No major changes are planned. TR characters will keep their benefits and you will be able to True Reincarnate your character from level 20 and up.

Are the abilities based on reaching “level cap to 20” going to change to 25? (e.g. True Reincarnations Capstones, Completionist feat, Prestige Enhancements)
    Capstones, True Reincarnations, Prestige Enhancements, and Completionist feat are all still going to be based on reaching level 20 of what is now called “Heroic” levels (Heroic levels are the levels from 1-20 prior to epic).

Some interesting information.

As I understand it though ... the FR expansion will only be for 20th level and up? No plans to release FR content for lower level characters?

Signed,

An altoholic with only low level characters.

Kosher.

One question though, Lesser Reincarnation: how exactly will this be affected?
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Hordo View Post
    Kosher.

One question though, Lesser Reincarnation: how exactly will this be affected?
    So far as I'm aware, it shouldn't be, as all a Lesser allows you to do is respec your character. I don't yet know how Lesser will relate to Epic Levels, but we'll make sure that is covered in one of the dev diaries.

You forgot this FAQ

I want to buy the expansion, but I am sure my wife will hit me with a skillet if I do. How can I address this?

Community Member

Will Drizz't be in here? And most importantly, will we be allowed to kill him as punishment for all the xxDrizztxx's running around in DDO?
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

will we be using our own characters when the beta becomes available? if so will you be providing pre built characters for those who dont have suitable ones?

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    You forgot this FAQ

I want to buy the expansion, but I am sure my wife will hit me with a skillet if I do. How can I address this?
    Put on armor.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

You forgot this FAQ

Along the lines of this faq...we will tell you closer to the release date.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

You forgot this FAQ

I see your Demon is not all powerful.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    I see your Demon is not all powerful.
    I am married to a more powerful one.

I know this probably can't be answered now, but I'd like to know if Epic experience is planned to be reset on TR. If it is, that'll greatly increase the cost of TR, and for respecs beyond what LR can cover. It's bad enough risking Raid-loot tomes as is (which, BTW, any news on that front?)

Since TR is a Heroic option, I think it would make sense to make it only reset Heroic XP.

You forgot this FAQ

Step 1: Hide all skillets
    Step 2: Distract her with something shiny
    Step 3: Buy the expansion
    Step 4: Hide credit card statement
    Step 5: Better get another shiny just in case.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Squirrel!

(Somebody is handing out neg rep a little willy nilly today! lol)
    Last edited by somenewnoob; 01-25-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Question: What will happen to epic levels (for those who have any) when they TR?

Will they retain the epic level abilities or will the epic levels only be unlocked when they reach lv 20?

(The more logical guess would be the latter but it never hurts to ask)
    Thelanis - Phark, Starshined, Akaime, Hokeni
    A simple guide to epics - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3455551

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    snip
    Sorry i just noticed you signature, congratulations are in order.
    Now a question, are you going to hold your TRs to fit in 3 druids past life for your last life?

On Topic:
    Sorry for the derail and nice faqs, i hope more are coming.

How about the most powerful Cannith crafted items/weapons.

Will we need epic levels to wield our +5 holy burst greater banes?

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    I know this probably can't be answered now, but I'd like to know if Epic experience is planned to be reset on TR. If it is, that'll greatly increase the cost of TR, and for respecs beyond what LR can cover. It's bad enough risking Raid-loot tomes as is (which, BTW, any news on that front?)

Since TR is a Heroic option, I think it would make sense to make it only reset Heroic XP.
    The only problem with this is it makes respec'ing those epic lvls that much harder. Of course, we have no clue what we'll get with an epic lvl so maybe that's not an issue. But if we say can make a character with 25 lvls of sorcerer, its kind of silly when you TR to a fighter and are now 20 fighter/5 sorcerer.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

What payment options will be available for the Expansion and will it be sold in stores? Can I use a Turbine Points Card to buy the expansion online for example like I currently buy adventure packs?
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    The only problem with this is it makes respec'ing those epic lvls that much harder. Of course, we have no clue what we'll get with an epic lvl so maybe that's not an issue. But if we say can make a character with 25 lvls of sorcerer, its kind of silly when you TR to a fighter and are now 20 fighter/5 sorcerer.
    Only if they do not have a method to redo your choices easily like the enhancement system does. I do not know why they would add an entire new system to the game for character development and then end up with the major flaw that hurt the game for so many years of not having a respec ability.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast