Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Does the '20 for 10' exchange let you 'downgrade' Epic Arcanaloth Scrolls to regular Arcanoloth Scrolls and so on?

While running level 20 runs would be much more efficient, sometimes you'd just have more fun running 25 instead.
    No and the epic xfers cost one token fragment also. Also keep in mind it's limited in which you can swap for just like cannith essences. For example I can trade scrolls for goblets, goblets for shards, shards for scraps and scraps for scrolls.

To just run one challenge to get the items you want would take way more ingredients than to just farm each one seperately.

To get the 600 goblets and scrolls just of running picture portals that I would need for a tier one spare hand you are looking at 5400 goblets. And then you still have to go get armor fragments which you cant get at all from picture portals. Then you can do the same for tier 2 and 3 plus 9000 more for the tokens for each slot and add another 1500 for the 5 tokens to make tier 3. So you got 19500 epic goblets and the 5400 regular goblets and then 600 regular scraps and 1200 epic scraps too.
    Last edited by LeLoric; 11-28-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    current Known Issue list can be found here.
    Difference from Live know issues (since things being removed from the Known Issues should indicate the bug was fixed):
    Removed:
    < NEW - Windows users with desktop shortcuts pointed to "dndclient.exe" may experience a launcher error. Ensure that your shortcuts are pointed to "turbinelauncher.exe" instead.
    < NEW - After purchasing upgrades of the Shared Platinum Bank, you must close the Shared Bank and reopen it before you can deposit platinum.
    < NEW - The “Upgrade” button in the Shared Platinum Bank is showing a string table error.
    < NEW - It is not possible to resize the bank UI.
    < NEW - Using a Touring Tonic while wearing a Kobold Disguise may cause the client to crash.
    < NEW - Touring Tonic can remove power-up buffs after use.
    < NEW - Kobolds can sometimes become stuck in two-way teleporters. Replacing the teleporter and speaking with the kobold can get them back to work.
    < NEW - Life Replenish is described as a regeneration effect when it instead heals in one burst of healing.
    < NEW - Challenge Loot
    < Several Epic items cannot be cleansed of Augments.
    < The effect of Staggering Blow is not working properly.
    < The Mournlode Breastplate cannot be upgraded.
    < The Mournload Warhammer & Maul do not gain Greater Undead Bane at level 16.
    < The Lifedrinker effect is not working properly on Calomel Handwraps.
    < The following items have weapon effects applied instead of armor effects:
    < Mournlode Docent
    < Mournlode Chain
    < NEW - Kobold Island
    < The first star objective states that 750 crystals are required to meet the quota, but you only need 500.
    < NEW - Extra Planar Mining
    < Kobolds will sometimes wander away from the torch path to gather far away Crystals.
    < NEW - Dr. Rushmore's Mansion
    < Collectible bags dropped from gargoyles cannot be picked up.
    < NEW - You must close and reopen the DDO Store to purchase each upgrade of the Shared Bank: Platinum Vault.
    < NEW - The following Hirelings are incorrectly labeled in the DDO Store:
    < Tome is a Wizard, not a Sorcerer
    < Gorgal Orc-hewer is a Barbarian, not a Fighter
    < NEW - Using a Lesser Reincarnation can break Bravery Streaks.

Added:
    > LAMANNIA ONLY - Some Challenges are still dropping Crystal Cove items.
    > LAMANNIA ONLY - The Spectral Dragon Auraxyllon shrugs off melee attacks.
    > NEW - Several UI elements include "DNT" text.
    > NEW - Cannith Supply Vaults cannot be directly clicked on. You must target using keymapping (default is Q to select and U to activate the Vault)
    > NEW - If you complete a Challenge and receive rewards, then switch to a new character to play the same Challenge afterwards, the game client may crash.
    > NEW - Kobold Island
    > CR level 4 results in Kobolds that are level 50. All other CR levels have appropriate Kobolds. Yark!
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Manager

We have not yet updated the Lamannia Known Issues, but expect to do that later this week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeLoric View Post
    No and the epic xfers cost one token fragment also. Also keep in mind it's limited in which you can swap for just like cannith essences. For example I can trade scrolls for goblets, goblets for shards, shards for scraps and scraps for scrolls.
    Can you post the entire swap table please?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Can you post the entire swap table please?
    Should be this:

Low level:

Mid level:

High level:

Epic:

Edit:
    Note that "2:1" is actually "20:10". Epic exchanges also cost one fragment (which are also now available for epic challenge ingredients).

Edit 2:
    <error fixed>
    Last edited by Eladrin; 11-28-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    I'm curious about the drop rates of the Cerebral Distillation Unit and the Elemental Motion Fixation Device in the new chest that appears in Master Artificer:

[/LIST]
    Elemental Motion drops in LOB's Domination chest (the difficult optional). Hard or higher one (or more) almost always drops, normal it's maybe 50-50 to see one fall raidwide.

Assuming the CDU has similar drop rates.
    Last edited by sirgog; 11-28-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Does the '20 for 10' exchange let you 'downgrade' Epic Arcanaloth Scrolls to regular Arcanoloth Scrolls and so on?

While running level 20 runs would be much more efficient, sometimes you'd just have more fun running 25 instead.
    We could probably add that in a future update if people think it's desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Should be this:

Low level:

Mid level:

High level:

Epic:

Edit:
    Note that "2:1" is actually "20:10". Epic exchanges also cost one fragment (which are also now available for epic challenge ingredients).

Edit 2:
    <error fixed>
    IMO a 50% loss is probably too much given that you may need more than one step. Can I suggest a 25-30% loss instead?

IMO a 50% loss is probably too much given that you may need more than one step. Can I suggest a 25-30% loss instead?
    We alternated collection challenges and non-collection challenges to try to minimize the number of times you would need to go multiple steps if you absolutely loathed one or the other.

We alternated collection challenges and non-collection challenges to try to minimize the number of times you would need to go multiple steps if you absolutely loathed one or the other.
    That's fine then. I personally don't have strong preferences for one type over the others, but know that some people do, and also have noticed that some of the challenges are much, much more difficult than others.

i dont loath any of the challenges,i find many fun,but that doesnt change the fact that some are just extremly hard to solo with certain characters and since the pack is expensive groups are rare and it takes a few free tokens for f2p players to learn quest. was hoping your exchange system would take into account the ings that are hard to solo.right now the exchange is = start ing->(2nd ing)2-1 ->(3rd ing)4-1 and for the higher challenges it would take 6 of the original ingrediants to make 1 of the 4th set of exchanges.And again would like to point out its not because many of us dont like the challenges that make us want to exchange,its because some are extremly difficult to solo with certain characters

Normally I am not one to whine, but Colossal Crystals is not just "extremly hard to solo". It is extremely hard with a well-coordinated guild group where everyone had rehearsed their roles. My guild ran it a bunch of times, and we only succeeded with challenge level set 5 below character level (and got something like 7 scorpions apiece). I noticed in patch release notes that kobold with giant crystal will now be able to use a teleporter. That certainly helps, but does not IMO address the main problem. I actually do not mind protecting the kobold back to the base -- it is just straight-up fight. The hard part is getting the crests to the doors within the time limit.

If it were up to me I would leave "transporting giant crystal" the way it is, but instead of 20 minute timer made it 5 minutes starting when crest is placed into socket.

Actually, time limit is what I loath about ALL challeneges. They are all zergs, and I hate zerging. What was the point of designing this fantastic Mansion, if nobody ever can pause to look at the scenery??

Yes, this is a desireable option.
    ~ Rukan 4/3 pal/mnk(Past Life mnk x3) ~ Ignavus 16 wiz(Past Life sor/wiz) ~ Styphon 20 Game Deformer(Past Life Clr) ~
    ~ Wyek 7/6 mnk/ftr ~ Lystara 5/6/2 ftr/rng/mnk ~ Tinder 12 brb ~

Well, how about this for a "desirable option"?

Give every challenge a "Slow option". When you select challenge level, you may also choose Slow option. Slow option severely limits how much xp/ingredients/stars you can collect, but gives much greater time limit. Not everyone is a zerger, and not everyone cares about xp per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Crows View Post
    i dont loath any of the challenges,i find many fun,but that doesnt change the fact that some are just extremly hard to solo with certain characters and since the pack is expensive groups are rare and it takes a few free tokens for f2p players to learn quest. was hoping your exchange system would take into account the ings that are hard to solo.right now the exchange is = start ing->(2nd ing)2-1 ->(3rd ing)4-1 and for the higher challenges it would take 6 of the original ingrediants to make 1 of the 4th set of exchanges.And again would like to point out its not because many of us dont like the challenges that make us want to exchange,its because some are extremly difficult to solo with certain characters
    This right here is the same way I'm feeling about challenges. I enjoy many of them when I can group up, but right now, grouping is difficult. If I can't solo it, I don't play it. If I need an ingredient from a non soloable challenge for an item, I don't craft that item. This might be a bit of a drastic suggestion, but maybe lower the cost on the items a bit? Perhaps 2 different ingredients (600/600) or 3 different ingredients (600/400/200)?

I know it's not ideal, but when I was first trying them, I'd go into a challenge a few levels above the challenge level and struggle to get to the required goal and I was rewarded with as few as 4 ingredients. My first few runs went this way. I almost stopped right there as I was doing the math in my head for how many runs it would take to craft an item based on those numbers. 450 runs to craft one item blew my mind. Is there a formula posted somewhere that describes how the reward is derived? Is it possible to put that into the quest list so people know how much they are being hurt by going in above the challenge level or so they know how important certain goals are for gaining ingredients. I know that my score reflects my reward, but the exact formula would be very helpful. If new players go in there and receive 4 ingredients, they are VERY unlikely to bother buying the pack. A bit of education on where that number is coming from would help out.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

It would be desirable to be able to exchange any ingredients for lower/higher level ones. Obviously the ratios would need to be settled on tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12