Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member LookingForABentoBox's Avatar

Default It is no longer possible to craft an item with a minimum level above 20.

Does this mean,

A) You can't make items that are unusable? Meaning, sometimes you would get items that would be minimum level 21 and above and no one could use it.

B) As of now, if you make an item that theoretically would be above level 20, you can use it at cap anyway. Are the patch notes that as of next update, you can't make items that would put the theoretical min level of the item above level 20?

edit: Tolero confirmed it's option A, phew!
    Last edited by LookingForABentoBox; 10-26-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Argonnessen mains: Pinku, Ohtaku

Think there was a bug already on lammania about those lvl >20 items, maybe is it just a comeback
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

This needs an answer. Did it just become impossible to make anything good for level 20s through cannith crafting?

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForABentoBox View Post
    Does this mean,

A) You can't make items that are unusable? Meaning, sometimes you would get items that would be minimum level 21 and above and no one could use it.

B) As of now, if you make an item that theoretically would be above level 20, you can use it at cap anyway. Are the patch notes that as of next update, you can't make items that would put the theoretical min level of the item above level 20?
    I hope it doesn't mean that you can craft something over level 20 which makes the item level 20 (and that it was some kind of bug).

In that case it'll be impossible to craft something onto highlevel runearms.

you can still craft a +3 HB of GLOB, so ya, decent L20 gear is still craftable
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

on live, u can make gear that would be far above lv 20(Like a +5 hb of geob which should be lv 23 but is 20)

Was there something I missed while away?

Just checked with a +12 potential I'd been working on that was still +10 enchanted. It just caped at ML 20 (12*2-1=23 ML otherwise) and took the shard. Can't make higher just means can't make the ML higher (Though why it is we're still at the point of having a full 3rd of the potential range locked in to caped characters is still kinda questionable.)

Community Member

There was a bug on Lammia where the min level of an item would be equal to what it should be based on its bonus. So +5 holy burst of greater bane were showing up as min lvl 25.

That note is about the fact that they fixed that and that min levels for items are, once more, capped at 20.

It's a fix that is from a bug that was from more then a month ago.

I really hope no one ran around screaming "DOOOOM" over this...
    Last edited by Ikuryo; 10-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Does this mean,

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Does this mean,

Indeed.
    So if an item that you craft would normally have an ML above 20, instead of being knocked down to ML:20, you would be unable to craft it?
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    So if an item that you craft would normally have an ML above 20, instead of being knocked down to ML:20, you would be unable to craft it?
    Nope. As tested above, it stays ML 20, though I didn't check the stone of change ones that (used to?) raise the ML by 2 after that. Didn't have the mats on me.

OK I'm confused (happens)

Does this mean that I can no longer craft +5 HB of Greater Bane Weapons (as they are like ML 25)
    Or
    That I can still craft them, they're just level 20 (as they pretty much are now)

And, does it mean that my current +5 Hb Greater Bane weapons are going to be unusable (as the previous Lammania bug made them)

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    OK I'm confused (happens)

Does this mean that I can no longer craft +5 HB of Greater Bane Weapons (as they are like ML 25)
    Or
    That I can still craft them, they're just level 20 (as they pretty much are now)

And, does it mean that my current +5 Hb Greater Bane weapons are going to be unusable (as the previous Lammania bug made them)
    This means they are fixing a bug that's causing them to sometimes appear as ml 25 (I haven't seen it myself, may just be Lam, dunno much about the bug myself). Cannith Crafting is not getting hit with the nerf stick (now, at least).
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    This means they are fixing a bug that's causing them to sometimes appear as ml 25 (I haven't seen it myself, may just be Lam, dunno much about the bug myself). Cannith Crafting is not getting hit with the nerf stick (now, at least).
    This is correct. It was a bug on Lam back before U11 launched. It was fixed months ago and that comment in the release notes is refering to the fixing of that bug.

I'm not sure how I can make it much clearer..

Once more, its a note that they FIXED a bug that was on Lamannia when they were testing U11. It never reached Live and they are not nerfing anything..

Community Member

In other words, the bug that had been thought to be previously fixed has now been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    In other words, the bug that had been thought to be previously fixed has now been fixed.
    Its actually simpler then that.

The bug that was discovered was fixed.

Then someone found the note that the bug was fixed and asked if crafting was being limited. Followed by 4 other posts asking the same thing. Followed by the start of fretting. Lucky it did not reach the panic stage.

Panic!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuryo View Post
    Its actually simpler then that.

The bug that was discovered was fixed.

Then someone found the note that the bug was fixed and asked if crafting was being limited. Followed by 4 other posts asking the same thing. Followed by the start of fretting. Lucky it did not reach the panic stage.
    I thought the bug showed up, and was fixed (or thought to be fixed) in U11 (on Lam).

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Since we're no longer going to be able to craft weapons with more than +10 worth of enhancements, could you please look at fixing the "plus" on Pure Good, Holy Burst and Greater X Bane?

Pure Good Holy Burst both add one more "plus" to the enhancement total of a Cannith crafted weapon than their lootgen counterparts and Greater [whatever] Bane counts as a +4 when their lootgen counterparts are +3.

If those ML/"plus" differences are changed so that the Cannith crafted versions match their lootgen counterparts, then we will be able to make +5 Holy (+2) of Greater [whatever] Bane (+3) for a total of ML 19 or we will be able to make +5 Holy Burst (+3) of Greater [whatever] Bane as long as we add the Cannith favor reward that reduces ML by 2 during the creation process.

I think it would be good for people to actually be able to make something that is worth swinging at level 20 instead of just being able to make something that they'll use "until they get a real weapon" - especially after putting in the enormous amount of time and plat that are involved in getting a crafter up to high crafting levels. Please let the Cannith crafting be useful for more than just Greater Focus items, "other" slot items and twink items for low level characters. It would be nice for future players to be able to get some of the shiny Pit Fiend/Marilith beaters that we're enjoying today.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
    Since we're no longer going to be able to craft weapons with more than +10 worth of enhancements
    No such change. Re-read the replies.

The change log was saying that a bug was fixed that had made "ML22" etc items that no one could use.

You can still craft up to Maximum Enchantment Level +15, and the result is still capped at ML20 so you can actually use it.

Summary: Nothing is changing, nothing to see here, move along please.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast