Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Mabar Sneak Peek Nights!

The plane of Mabar, the Endless Night, draws closer to the world of Eberron! To celebrate, we're hosting a special sneak peek of the Mabar festival starting today Wednesday October 19th through Thursday October 20th. To learn how to participate, visit our guide to the Mabar Festival by clicking here!

The Mabar festival will return for the Halloween weekend, so stay tuned for more spooky fun!
    Last edited by Tolero; 10-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Great.. now if you could just keep the casters out.. spamming meteor swarm i might get some kills
    Last edited by die; 10-19-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Can we have some sort of World Announcement on the servers?
    Few people knew that the event was opening (even breefly), i put up a LFM announcing the opening and then people started getting in.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ...The Mabar festival will return for the Halloween weekend, so stay tuned for more spooky fun!
    WHAT?!? Only for *one* weekend?!? That's...that's...that's not *nearly* enough time to grind everything out! Hopefully, you mean that it will *start* over the Halloween weekend and continue for a couple of weeks (hoping at least 2...3 would be better [hehehe]).

...otherwise, I may end-up joining some of the undead I'll be slaughtering.

Community Member

Default Mabar+lag=waste of time

Entered the first mabar instance on Orien and it was so laggy that we didn't have a chance. No one could move or even see the mobs or dragon. After we exited the predominant general chat concensus was similar.

Combine that with the 3 hour grind to get the event open in the first place and I find myself wondering why I should even bother

Thanks Turbine for wasting my evening. Try getting your servers sorted before you put this **** online next time, would you?

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingofnam View Post
    Entered the first mabar instance on Orien and it was so laggy that we didn't have a chance. No one could move or even see the mobs or dragon. After we exited the predominant general chat concensus was similar.

Combine that with the 3 hour grind to get the event open in the first place and I find myself wondering why I should even bother

Thanks Turbine for wasting my evening. Try getting your servers sorted before you put this **** online next time, would you?
    Guess we were inside the same instance. Freaking lag hell freezes over. Wasted my only key.

Community Member

I too was in the first dragon instance on Orien, very laggy but our group completed, well done to all for great co-ordination even though the chat was also lagging like crazy. It took 10 or more seconds for chat to appear after typing it!

We did have to work for hours to get the dragon to pop, this was an issue for those of us who play in quieter times last year. I'm in Australia and we had to wait 7 hours one night to get the dragon to pop, only to have a bugged instance

I would strongly recommend lowering the count for the dragon so we all have a chance to get our scales, pretty please! With only a couple of days to farm this I don't know how much we can actually make...

I did enjoy the little hint that the event was open, our training dummy had a pumpkin on it's head which sent us all rushing to house J to see if it was open

Good luck to all on successful dragon killing...

PS don't get mad at the casters, get in party with them! It's way more fun that way

How about tool tip descriptions on the items in the barter window?

It's not called "lagdragon" for nothing, what did you expect? :P
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

In case of our group it was so laggy that not only my LoHs never landed, but I've seen my messages on my own screen not sooner but after 2 minutes since they were sent. Frankly, I have no idea how we were supposed to complete it in such conditions.

Thank you for the heads up Tolero. Will make sure to not log on tonight or tommorrow to avoid the soul crushing lag that kills my enjoyment of the game for months to come.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I suspect some Pet AI problems, as I have noticed a lot more lag with my Artificer than other characters, predominantly when my Pet is running around like a headless chicken with an agenda.

Anyone get banned yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Mabar festival will return for the Halloween weekend, so stay tuned for more spooky fun!
    Only weekend? You gotta be kidding right?... Haha! good joke! CC was cut short on us, and you said it would not be extended for other good things to come like Mabar, but Mabar only lasting a weekend?

What am I missing here?
    Exiile --- Exalt --- Exception

Quote Originally Posted by Elixxer View Post
    Only weekend? You gotta be kidding right?... Haha! good joke! CC was cut short on us, and you said it would not be extended for other good things to come like Mabar, but Mabar only lasting a weekend?

What am I missing here?
    You and the others are missing that it says it's a PREVIEW of the event!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Hey Tolero,

Coffee in the store, but no draughts? Want to talk to whomever is in charge of this and get the draughts of midnight turned on so those of us without chain lightning and pale master can actually get some motes

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

where can I find a list of the items and their upgrades?

Default Event items

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    where can I find a list of the items and their upgrades?
    I recommend the wiki:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Mabar_Endless_Night_Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Elixxer View Post

What am I missing here?
    They can't be doing it for just 2 days.... they'll be done long before Haloween.

I'm sure the 2 days is basically a test, then it'll be up 2-3 weeks from late Oct into Nov.

Let them test it, see if there are any problems like Crystal Cove experienced, then make they'll leave it up for a longer period.

Better than saying it'll be up for weeks, and it isn't. The say it'll be up for a brief time... then they can extend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillk View Post
    They can't be doing it for just 2 days.... they'll be done long before Haloween.

I'm sure the 2 days is basically a test, then it'll be up 2-3 weeks from late Oct into Nov.

Let them test it, see if there are any problems like Crystal Cove experienced, then make they'll leave it up for a longer period.

Better than saying it'll be up for weeks, and it isn't. The say it'll be up for a brief time... then they can extend it.
    I hope you are right...
    Exiile --- Exalt --- Exception

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast