Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As a person that regularly gets 400 or more slays out in ataraxia, I have never seen ore drop from a duregar. I always hit the middle of the map where the duregar are mining. I have 3 toons that have capped slayers and never seen it.

Thanks to this I have been able to keep the festivult jester fully stocked on coal for each event he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepface View Post
    It's easy to farm in relic. I see no need to add it anywhere else.
    I like the idea of putting it in other places because ore farming in Relic farming is boring as hell.

There are some things in the game that are rare because they're really challenging to get. And there are some things that are rare just because they are really boring and slow to farm.

I have no problem with the first category. The second category is clearly Not Fun(tm).

Default Seems too low drop rate

Never seen a gem or ore, just coal.

On the other hand, if the adamantine ore looks like coal I wouldn't notice it. And I have stopped paying attention to what duegars drop a long time ago.

Adamantine ore is not really useful and can be easily farmed. I don't see a reason why it couldn't drop much more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Really? I see lots of lumps of coal from them, but never noticed anything else. Will have to pay more attention next time.
    Beat me to it... gems and coal have been all I've seen from duergar drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)
    I was going to suggest this. Good to hear its possible, even tough the drop rate must be very low, since I havent seen it so far.

Trully tough, dropping adamantine ores in quests like Vault of The Night, whether it be chests or boxes all over the quest would make sense too.

All duergar in the game already do have a small chance to drop adamantine ore. (Or gems, or lumps of coal.)
    ermm.. Yea by small i think you mean - 1% of 1% of 1%.. So eg: never.

I've farmed a ton of ore lately killing every duergar in sight as I wanted my crated greater construct bane weps like everything.

1-2% drop useless lumps of coal.
    1% of the ones that might of drop coal, instead drop a gem or a couple gems - useless gems with minimal value.
    1% of the ones that might of dropped gems, drop 1 ore instead - EG none.

Up the droprate please. 2% and no lumps of coal would work.
    or offer a trade in, 10 lumps of coal for 1 ore.

Also would be nice if the small chance of gems meant something, EG: Give them a decent value to vendor, say 25-50kpp.

Any chance of boosting the drop rate of adamantine ore from the Duergar?

Come on, just open up the table and change the .002% to at least 5% or so...
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Personally, I dont really care about the adamantine rituals, but this seems like a good suggestion. Vault of Night could have some ore, or the mine quests in the House D tavern.

Soon, new item in DDO Store...
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Nice necro. /signed

Quote Originally Posted by gloopygloop View Post
    I like the idea of putting it in other places because ore farming in Relic farming is boring as hell.

There are some things in the game that are rare because they're really challenging to get. And there are some things that are rare just because they are really boring and slow to farm.

I have no problem with the first category. The second category is clearly Not Fun(tm).
    Try farming a Locus of Vol (required ingredient for a shard of vampirism). I'm not sure if I was especially unlucky, but I ransacked Desecrated Temple of Vol (the only quest that has a chance of dropping it, and unlike Relic of a Sovereign Past you have to complete it if you're looking for the ingredient) on 2 chars and was close to ransacking it on 2 more chars before I got one (about 20 runs). In 20 runs (non-completions) of Relic I can get 300 adamantine ore...

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Any chance of boosting the drop rate of adamantine ore from the Duergar?

Come on, just open up the table and change the .002% to at least 5% or so...
    While I didn't SS I did actually get a single adamantine ore to drop from a duergar in Relic. At the end I had 16 ores.

Community Member

Default When I need Ore

I grab a lvl 20 toon (even a bank toon) and go zerg to the mines...takes 10 minutes......done...over....

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Not overpowered.

Just add some random drops of adamantine ore to other quests as a collectible, like replace some of the Coalescence gems with ore. Wouldn't it be nice to get something useful out of that quest instead of low-plat gems?
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    I grab a lvl 20 toon (even a bank toon) and go zerg to the mines...takes 10 minutes......done...over....
    ...and then you have 15 ore. U17 is bringing all those nightforged items back with augment slots.

maxing out the adamantine rituals take 150.

each construct bane shard takes 15.

each greater construct bane shard takes 50.

So that would be 1:40:00 if you're maxing something through rituals.
    ...and 30 minutes for a GCB shard. (or 40 if you didn't have 5 ore lying about already)

Sure it is easy, you don't find running it tons of times tedious at all? Maybe a better drop rate from duegar might mean garnering a few in a one-pass of Atraxia?
    Last edited by MartinusWyllt; 01-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Please define *small*?

You say small, we say ridiculously microscopic.
    I've killed thousands of Duregar and I've never seen a single admantine drop from anywhere other than that one quest.

It's good to know that there *is* a chance, but any possibility of upping that drop rate from the .000000001% that it is currently at?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Correct!

That one mine quest in Ataraxia, I have gotten some there before. It is easy to miss though.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123