Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cinnamon Synonym Anemone Sierim's Avatar

I'm also getting what appear to be "ghost torches." I can see them, but can't target/interact with them. Oddly enough, when I can interact with the torches, they don't disappear from the map UI when I pick them up.

Others in my group expressed similar problems.

This is on Khyber. Some freezing as well, but I logged off, so I can't comment on crashes.
    Last edited by Sierim; 09-19-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Is this server specific or a universal problem?

In game ticket was pointless. "(Admin): tells you, 'I am not seeing anything deleted or sold or removed from your inventory. '" Of course not, my character was rolled back to before they were in her inventory, and since the entire server wasn't rolled back just individual toons, it's now gone forever. I was trying to explain this when gm closes the ticket /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    Is this server specific or a universal problem?
    Pretty universal for the horrible lag and disconnects at least. I dunno about the lost items.

Seriously, there is no way in hades I am going to do anything in this game if THEY will take my items away via roll-backs.

On Cannith if I go to the lower part of my airship (The first f2p cheapie model), I am taken to a room that looks like something out of Star Ocean. Then it all goes back to normal.

Like the 'bug' that shows a spider's corpse for too long (creating that flesh colored 'what IS that?!' you see hovering on occasion), however, I kinda like it so I don't complain. I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to enter a parallel dimension walking through a door on the airship.

The torches are badly bugged. As soon as you have more than 1 person touching torches, they stop being movable by anyone. The kobold pathfinding is...appallingly bad, worse than before. They get stuck and give up at the slightest excuse.

Also, not a fan of the archers who cripple with every hit. Can we please get a way to cure being crippled? It's only been 5 and a half years.

Extra bonus: Cove reward items are now BtC instead of BtA. This includes upgrading any previous BtA items you had, they'll become BtC when the new version is created.

So, any tier3 items you had from before are irreplaceable.
    Last edited by Matuse; 09-19-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

I wonder if the common link here is that everyone effected had just hit their shared bank up to pull gear from the previous Cove Event...

er... I mean...

Yarrr! Shiver me timbers and blow me down! That thar seems t'be a right bloody shame. Keel haul the shirkers and have the blags responsible drawn n' quartered!

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Since this thread seems to be a clearinghouse for all things Cove... thought I'd link to this here so the Devs don't overlook it.

Artificer Pet Problems
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_419 View Post
    Great now I lost all the cove ingredients I had saved because they rolled my character back before i took them out of the bank, but they still aren't in the bank.
    Thanks for the warning and sorry for your loss. Unfortunately Turbine customer service is the worst - they will not give you back items no matter how you lost them. I'm not going to participate in the event until we get an assurance from the devs that this is fixed.

Nope the common issue is game crashing in the cove and individual toon getting rolled back.

Edit: I was really hoping to avoid the the mindless killing this time arround that is cove grinding. Why I saved up ingredients in the first place :/
    Last edited by shadow_419; 09-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Community Member

Default Cove problems

On Sarlona, ghost torches and teleporters that you can't interact with, kobolds wont come down the ramp or if they do wont come off it. Some actually start down the line and then come back up. On the whole kobolds not coming down the line of torches.

Managed one run ok and got 140 ish shards, got 18 I think on 2nd run.

Received XP on both quests.

its seems to just be instance 6 on orion i was sent back to the crafting device in house k since i had ran there to get ride of some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroKovy View Post
    On Cannith if I go to the lower part of my airship (The first f2p cheapie model), I am taken to a room that looks like something out of Star Ocean. Then it all goes back to normal.

Like the 'bug' that shows a spider's corpse for too long (creating that flesh colored 'what IS that?!' you see hovering on occasion), however, I kinda like it so I don't complain. I'm fairly sure you're not supposed to enter a parallel dimension walking through a door on the airship.
    That's a lag issue, unrelated. That happens to me a lot due to zone in lag. It's like when you log in on your ship and end up in the water for a second or two.

Community Member

glad i am not logging in

I is scared now....

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

It may be laggy because everyone is playing. Arrr.. LOL

was just soloing chrono on normal for loot, dc'ed while fighting CAD. when i logged back in (less than 2 minutes) I was sitting in the marketplace, the chrono instance was already dead. bah.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

I think it's the Y2Cove bug.

Default 3rd time in a row!!

ok

third time in a row i was stuck in the cove....can chat to party/quild but the toon is stuck..

one of my party member lost a compass cos of rollback!!

this is a nitemare!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    It may be laggy because everyone is playing. Arrr.. LOL

LOL, not even close to prime time... And it's a Monday (U.S.) which is typically a slow day. If it's laggy now.. Oh my.....

The instancing system takes care of such things.. According to certain Devs....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast