Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just ran this yesterday, and have to say we had a blast doing it.
    First thing that broke was my Min2 weapon followed by everything else i had on XD
    We Beat him by kiting him through BBs for half an hour :P
    Ghallanda: Buick Riviera(TR Sorc), ChopBox(FvS), Unsatisfied(TR Fighter/Monk), Rafaeli(Sorc), Rafaels(Barb)

Member of DEVILS BRIGADE

I agree very nice additional Optional - The group I was in doing this on Elite opted at almost half to DD and leave the chests. Both Cleric and FvS were out of SP and shrines were used.

My only complaint is that someplaces in the room you only need to be 10 feet away from the bomb and others you have to be 50 feet away to avoid the blast.

But it was funny to go from 740 HP to -1,354. This is definatly NOT a TANKING JOB...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    I would like to add another chaos factor to that end fight: Please make the Fire Bomber take damage from the demolition charges that the players use.
    So it's funny you mention this... Your charges DO have an effect on the Iron Fire Bomber! They heal him! He's an Iron Golem. Demolition Charges deal Fire Damage. In fact, they deal a LOT of fire damage.

Moral of the story: Don't bomb the master bomber!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rocking_Dead View Post
    So it's funny you mention this... Your charges DO have an effect on the Iron Fire Bomber! They heal him! He's an Iron Golem. Demolition Charges deal Fire Damage. In fact, they deal a LOT of fire damage.

I was quite amused to see that 30 points of the damage were blocked by fire resistance ... we had more than a few chuckles last night over that, just reading the "You have taken 1,643 points of fire damage. 30 were blocked by your resistance."

"Well, at least they left resistance in there; for a second, I was worried."

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone at -1000 HP before ..."

"Is there a save?"
    "Sure, I just rolled a 1. Stand right here for a sec, and I'll show you..."
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Double check that. I thought that until I looked in my combat log and saw as a flat untyped damage value, I'm pretty sure there was no mention of my fire resistance in there either.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I was quite amused to see that 30 points of the damage were blocked by fire resistance ... we had more than a few chuckles last night over that, just reading the "You have taken 1,643 points of fire damage. 30 were blocked by your resistance."

"Well, at least they left resistance in there; for a second, I was worried."

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone at -1000 HP before ..."

"Is there a save?"
    "Sure, I just rolled a 1. Stand right here for a sec, and I'll show you..."
    Or maybe I misread it. Will have to test.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Or maybe I misread it. Will have to test.
    Actually, come to think of it, I don't think it said "fire" in the damage. The 30 resistance was in there, though (ship resistance), and it was the only resist I had up, so...fire.

We tried a couple bombs on Teh Madz Bombah anyway; no joy.

Blowed up the titan real gud, though.

"Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives, OK?”
    Last edited by SableShadow; 09-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Ascent

Otherwise, I'd have to fire him and order a replacement.

They heal him! He's an Iron Golem. Demolition Charges deal Fire Damage. In fact, they deal a LOT of fire damage.
    By your own admission, you can't fire him. You'd only make him stronger until he displaces Fernando and then the Rabbit that runs WB.

Also... could you change a few things in Blown to Bits.
    1) Have detonated bombs thrust radially out - say someone standing on top of one goes upwards 3 stories if they happen to evade, ablate, resist all that fire damage.
    2) Raise the ceilings in Blown to Bits to about four stories up.
    3) Put a chest in the room on a platform at about the 3.5 stories of height. Devs choice whether the platform is graspable to pull up onto.
    Casual DDOaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    By your own admission, you can't fire him. You'd only make him stronger until he displaces Fernando and then the Rabbit that runs WB.

Also... could you change a few things in Blown to Bits.
    1) Have detonated bombs thrust radially out - say someone standing on top of one goes upwards 3 stories if they happen to evade, ablate, resist all that fire damage.
    2) Raise the ceilings in Blown to Bits to about four stories up.
    3) Put a chest in the room on a platform at about the 3.5 stories of height. Devs choice whether the platform is graspable to pull up onto.
    Heh. Come to think of it, give the boots of propulsion a 1 chance in 10,000 of detonating as a bomb when the propulsion kicks in, sending you to safty while obliterating all behind you.

Ascent

Blast! I took a joke seriously!

/walkofshame
    /kickrocks
    Last edited by Xeraphim; 09-16-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: a quest in this mmo 'IRL' is giving me a hard time.

They don't heal him. Nor does his own charges. He does have a built in regeneration effect tho, fairly slow one.

He doesn't get healed by fire at all actaully, he's simply immune.

Tested it a bunch.

Much like Arrachs Knight after you kill his fire hound, he no longer behaves like a regular iron golem and instead becomes immune to fire.

re: players saying its untyped dmg.. Nope. It's fire damage, else I wouldn't be tanking and surviving those explosion when I put my fire gear on.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Thanks for bringing this up Shade, I thought my memeory was faulty and was gonna run it again tonight to remember - I don't recall the detonators healing him.

And is it just me or does he move like greased lightening as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    They don't heal him. Nor does his own charges. He does have a built in regeneration effect tho, fairly slow one.

Tested it a bunch.

Much like Arrachs Knight after you kill his fire hound, he no longer behaves like a regular iron golem and instead becomes immune to fire.

re: players saying its untyped dmg.. Nope. It's fire damage, else I wouldn't be tanking and surviving those explosion when I put my fire gear on.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, you could have had it that you had to set explosives in place to rig a pit and trap him in it. Not everything has to end in hack and slash ...
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds

Quote Originally Posted by hafeal View Post
    not Everything Has To End In Hack And Slash ...
    Burn The Witch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Well, you could have had it that you had to set explosives in place to rig a pit and trap him in it. Not everything has to end in hack and slash ...
    You're right, often it ends with a polar ray to the face!

"Nuke 'm or Die!"

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Tested it a bunch.

My cleric cast fire storm on him and it healed him.
    No pic. Was running Hard
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Burn The Witch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindspat View Post
    You're right, often it ends with a polar ray to the face!

LOL - ok, how about an optional for a rigged pit then!

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    Yeah, I used that trick in undermine on the guildie who put one behind me tonight.

But it was tempting to do tonight, it's fun to just go in and everyman for himself it.
    :-)

it was fun
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Still remember trying to solo it on Lam with my FvS. Figured I would just BB and heal myself. One bomb later - dead.

Kewl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12