Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default New German Server: Wayfinder!

We’re proud to announce that a new German server world will open for Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ beginning 8/17/2011. The new server is named Wayfinder, a name that comes from the society of explorers who leave helpful markings throughout their journeys in order to aide lost travelers. To learn more, visit DDO.com here!

German-speakers, please be sure to visit our FAQ here for important information about the Wayfinder server!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Das ist gut.

Ja, das ist gut, aber... I will miss practicing my German in the random German speaking PUG's that I sometimes stumbled on.

1) Will there be a french server ?
    2) Will transfer be available ? for free ?

[EDIT] nvm, i just read the faq
    Last edited by aerendhil; 08-17-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Community Member PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE's Avatar

Ja, das ist sehr gut )
    Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Interesting. I was under the impression that the german part of the player base, at least on Orien, is rather small.

I am not sure if I'd switch from Orien to an even younger server. Anyway, I'm going to have look. Having 2 capped toons and a bunch of alts, I'll not move to Wayfinder completetly for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aerendhil View Post
    1) Will there be a french server ?
    2) Will transfer be available ? for free ?
    1) It doesn't look like this yet.
    2) The german support site states the following:

"Ist der Transfer auf Wayfinder kostenpflichtig?

Der Transfer für deutschsprachige Spieler unterliegt den folgenden Konto-Richtlinien:

•VIP-Konto: 3 Charaktere kostenfrei, kann zusätzliche Transfers zu ermäßigten Preisen kaufen

•Premium-Konto: 1 Charakter kostenfrei, kann zusätzliche Transfers zu ermäßigten Preisen kaufen

•Gratiskonto: Kann Charaktertransfers zu ermäßigten Preisen kaufen

•USD 12,95 (USA)

•EUR 9,95 (EU)

•GBP 9,95 (UK)

•1400 Turbine-Punkte"

Which translates to: Character transfer costs 13$/10€/10£/1400 TP per character. VIPs get 3 transfers for free, premium members 1 transfer, f2p none.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 08-17-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Is server datacenter located at Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We’re proud to announce that a new German server world will open for Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ beginning 8/17/2011. The new server is named Wayfinder, a name that comes from the society of explorers who leave helpful markings throughout their journeys in order to aide lost travelers. To learn more, visit DDO.com here!

German-speakers, please be sure to visit our FAQ here for important information about the Wayfinder server!
    Server: Ghallanda Guild: Drunk 'n' Dangerous
    * Lanternal - Warforged/Wizard 20
    * Other Toons: Pancar, LoranisEU, Karete and other retired ones.
    Ghallanda Europen Guild List - Thelanis European Guild List

Quote Originally Posted by hdogan View Post
    Is server datacenter located at Germany?
    Doubtful.

I'm glad to see Turbine Points as a payment option as well.

Anyway, I keep asking myself 'why?'. Am I really underestimating the demand for a German
    only server? As far as I remember, Dorn was rather small.
    A leader of Nighthorde on Ghallanda

Playing: Gleyn | Krankeey | Kreakeey | Monya | Katherynne | Sukeey | Horkeey ...
    Follow us on Twitter: @Keeyrah | @Nighthorde

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyrah View Post
    Anyway, I keep asking myself 'why?'. Am I really underestimating the demand for a German only server?
    Same here.

It's likely that Wayfinder's aim is not to attract current german players from all existing servers, but rather to provide a server for a new player base. I do not think that it's a coincidence that Cologne's Gamescom fair is starting today (where Tolero will be present) and that Wayfinder is announced today.

What I forgot to write: I wish you all the best with that project and hope that Wayfinder will fill fast.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 08-17-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Hm I don't know what to think about this.

I never had a Problem with playing on a English speaking server. Even If I would swap I would keep the english client.

Since I have 3-4 Toons thats I would need to transfer I doubt that I will do it. It will depend a lot on our german guild but most of them have between 2-4 capped toons, so I doubt they would swap.

You should have made the transfer for free. If it stays like this many player won't pay the price to swap and the rest will probably stay with them ... a deserted server would be the outcome.

But we will see.

EDIT: yeah the new server would probably be a nice thing to attract new german players.

Quote Originally Posted by N-0cturn View Post
    You should have made the transfer for free. If it stays like this many player won't pay the price to swap and the rest will probably stay with them ... a deserted server would be the outcome.

But we will see.
    I was thinking about that, too. But then, unlimited character transfers from all servers to a new one might create an interesting microeconomy.

English version of the FAQ please?

The Germans get thier own server? I'm not sure I agree with this policy of apeasement.

I bet this is not as much language thing as server location (because I bet server will be located in Germany, or at EU at least) meaning less lag for German (and EU players).
    Of course, players are waiting for more languages!
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Will there be a British Server?

I Tire of the Lack of Redundant Vowels in my DDO these Days...

Last edited by Lutebasher; 08-17-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: too many letters....
    Suicide? I couldn't possibly recommend such a thing... there's no future in it.

Yeah, does that mean we get an English only server? Do the Aussies get a Australian only server to walkabout and meet aussie accented people? Why should nationality / language dictate the server?

"Wayfinder will be open to new characters, and will be a designated German-language server where players can enjoy meeting other German-speaking players!"

What about a Wisconsin server to meet other midwest players?

Or anyone could flood the new server I guess? So why call it the German server?

If someone says something that isn't German should I/can I report them?

While we encourage all Wayfinder players to chat in German, players are not required to speak German while playing on Wayfinder, and cannot be reported for non-German chat or posts.
    Last edited by Zzevel; 08-17-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Community Member

I want to have free character transfer for all my chars then. Otherwise the new server isn't very good for already existing German guilds. Not all people want to pay for a character transfer, so if a guild decides to stay on an old server they won't get new players and will have trouble to keep a good guild size after a while.

Firefox sagt, sie nicht vertrauen ihre Verbindung zur Deutschen website, deshalb muss ich halt bis übertragen kann ich bestätigen, dass es "ist" eine sichere Verbindung.

Es ist durchaus möglich, dass der Grund seiner dies zu tun, ist, dass die Sicherheit von websites und eine solche ist ein wenig anders, wenn sie etwas anders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Yeah, does that mean we get an American only server? Do the Aussies get a Australian only server to walkabout? Why should nationality dictate the server?
    It's not german only.

It's recommended that you know the german language to be able to communicate with the other players. You can use any client language you like. Also, it is referring to the german language, and not the country Federal Republic of Germany. Swiss, Austrian and also players from parts of Belgium and Luxemburg are part of the target group.

To come back to your initial demand of an American server.
    Yes, it would be neat if we had a server where the large part of the population comes from the same country and speaks the same language. And if you play on that server, it is recommended assumed that you are able to speak the language of that country. How about making not one, but multiple servers, and naming them Khyber, Ghallanda, Sarlona, Thelanis, Cannith, Orien and Argonessen?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Firefox sagt, sie nicht vertrauen ihre Verbindung zur Deutschen website, deshalb muss ich halt bis übertragen kann ich bestätigen, dass es "ist" eine sichere Verbindung.

Es ist durchaus möglich, dass der Grund seiner dies zu tun, ist, dass die Sicherheit von websites und eine solche ist ein wenig anders, wenn sie etwas anders.
    Warte, was?

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Same here.

It's likely that Wayfinder's aim is not to attract current german players from all existing servers, but rather to provide a server for a new player base. I do not think that it's a coincidence that Cologne's Gamescom fair is starting today (where Tolero will be present) and that Wayfinder is announced today.

What I forgot to write: I wish you all the best with that project and hope that Wayfinder will fill fast.
    Ahh I See Now... One Thing I know from my Multiple Years of Gaming (especially Cardboard Stuff) is that the German Market is the best Place to attempt a Fresh Insertion in the Euro Zone for New Subbers.

A stand at Essen in October could Work Also.

Good Luck with this!

Suicide? I couldn't possibly recommend such a thing... there's no future in it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast