Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    The bravery bonus is a once ever per quest bonus and is not reset by LR's and GR's. The bonus is not added or increased until you run a new quest then the bonus is either increased or reapplied if at cap.
    This is a little bit disappointing. I was hoping to get more XP out of the quests I enjoy running rather than be given incentive to run those I don't.

It's still a nice bonus don't get me wrong, I'm just not quite as ooooh and ahhhh as I was 10 mins ago.
    April 27th, 2011 - Dungeons and Casters Unlimited is released to the public
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    This is an impressive min/min build.

Nice, more xp, less quests to grind. Time to see some crazy achievement such as 1 day TR or something.
    Khyber - Pilchards: Milfeulle (Completionist Sorc), Milreaf/Millefeuille/Mireiyu(20 drone Wiz), Eweca (20 Wiz at life 5)
    Sarlona - Black hands & Black feet: Misakamikoto (18/1/1 Ranger at life 3)

3. 08-09-2011, 02:10 PM

The bravery bonus is a once ever per quest bonus and is not reset by LR's and GR's. The bonus is not added or increased until you run a new quest then the bonus is either increased or reapplied if at cap.
    Meaning this is only viable to VIP's/Difficulty Unlock Stacks, or for players who have to find 5 quests, complete them each on normal, rank them from lowest base xp to highest, complete them again on hard lowest to highest, then complete them all on elite?

Looks like when I TR I should save the 4 korthos quests on elite for when I'm ready to do elite Wizard King for the first time.

Default Let Bravery Stand With Overlevel

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    This.

IMO nothing that you have an overlevel penalty for should contribute to Bravery. And anything with an overlevel penalty of more than 10% should reset your Bravery stack.

So if you are level 14, you can run Offering of Blood elite to gain Bravery. Then if you ding 15 and take the level and return to elite OOB, you'd be -10% and so not gain further Bravery (nor lose it), but if you ding 16 and complete elite OOB, you'd lose the Bravery stack.
    For some builds with certain arrangements of Attributes, Feat and Skill selections - and the basic capabilities of the actual human player ;-} - it is yet a Brave thing to be attempting certain quests even Overlevel. Situationally it may even be a Very Brave Thing!

We get to see some new Bonuses in the near future - Yay! We don't need (or at least some of us may not want) to have to struggle through the concepts of other people regarding what "Challenges" are and when we should be penalized on top of other penalties that already exist. It is, often, nice just to get to experience the world and see some advancement take place at a pace and in a play style that is different from what the Sprint-To-Endgame crowd believes is how the game *must* be played or someone is "failing."

This is excellent news and is exactly what many of us have wanted. It is only a bonus, no re-balancing of xp (so far), which is good for people who like farming out xp by repeating quests.

But, it also encourages both quest variety and difficulty, and for that, I think it is awesome.

This will also encourage balanced parties (yes, you'll want a trapper both for xp and for the danger of traps on elite in some quests). That is a good thing. And no, trappers are not required, because running hard/elite is an option, not required.

This is a great change for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    As to the Elite/Hard not being rewarding enough, we got this change coming soon(tm). I'm quoting from Lammania release notes:

* A new bonus has been created that awards players for running quests consecutively on hard and elite difficulties. This Bravery Bonus is a 5% bonus (10% bonus on Elite) that will "stack" up to five times, or until a player runs a quest on Normal difficulty.
    * XP Rewards for first time completion on normal, hard, and elite are now 25%, 40% and 80% respectively.

So, yeah. Die harder!
    Interesting... but don't you lose that utterly when you are doing quest chains? Like WW, Tangleroot, Thernal, etc?

Default Slow Down People!

This is like tracking a rumor across a crowd. By the time it filters to the last person it is so convoluted you have no idea what the original intent or idea was. I hear a collective forum moderator and dev *facepalm*.
    To hunt beside a brother is the best of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Desonde View Post
    Meaning this is only viable to VIP's/Difficulty Unlock Stacks, or for players who have to find 5 quests, complete them each on normal, rank them from lowest base xp to highest, complete them again on hard lowest to highest, then complete them all on elite?

Looks like when I TR I should save the 4 korthos quests on elite for when I'm ready to do elite Wizard King for the first time.
    Although, to play devil's advocate with myself, what would stop me from running store house secret 4 times on hard/elite before running quests at level on the same difficulty...

You are still confusing the unwashed masses (I rolled a 1 on my save vs. confusion spell).

You run a quest on elite 5 times and only when you go do a different quest then come back to that same quest it gets applied to that next run?

Doing a chain will only ever give you the first time bravery bonus for each elite dungeon and you never can increase the bravery bonus?

I like M&Ms.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

TR will reset this I would hope/imagine, yes?
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Hmmm.... this will mean it won't change levelling procedures much.

Now instead of doing 7xn, 1xh, 1xe you will instead do 7xn for a bunch of quests at the same level, then go back and doing each of them at 1xh, then go back and do each of them at 1xe. Just shuffles the order for a bit more of a bonus.

I'm disappointed now, I thought it might actually encourage more runs at high level, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Desonde View Post
    /chuckles

Good plan

Let me try to explain it.

If a quest has never been run by your character (i.e. it's 'virgin' to him/her) then you qualify to get a Bravery bonus by running it on either hard or elite.

Failing and trying multiple times doesn't matter.

Once you complete it on either hard or elite, you get a Bravery Bonus. This is on top of the one time difficulty bonus that you already enjoy.

Now, this quest is no longer 'virgin' and you're free to re-run it 10,000 times without having it affect future Bravery bonuses.

Now you go and complete another virgin quest on hard or elite. This starts a streak. Now you get the one time difficulty bonus, plus a bravery bonus PLUS an additional bonus for having a streak going.

Streaks stack up to 5 times and a completion of Elite counts as both a Hard AND Elite streak. In other words, if you complete Elite 3 times in a row, your streaks look like:

Hard: 3
    Elite: 3

A hard streak is 5% per and elite is 10%, so you would get a 30% bonus in this case.

If you end up completing the next virgin quest on Hard, your Elite streak is reset but Hard continues:

Hard: 4
    Elite: 0

In this case you get a 20% bonus (4 x 5%).

You can start your Elite streak back up, but because we always apply the highest bonus, you would get 25% for Hard (5 x 5%) until your Elite streak bonus surpassed the Hard streak bonus.

I'm writing this quickly, sorry if I'm not being clear.

MF
    Last edited by MadFloyd; 08-09-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post

If a quest has never been run by your character (i.e. it's 'virgin' to him/her) then you qualify to get a Bravery bonus by running it on either hard or elite.

Once you complete it on either hard or elite, you get a Bravery Bonus. This is on top of the one time difficulty bonus that you already enjoy.

Now, this quest is no longer 'vrigin' and you're free to re-run it 10,000 times without having it affect future Bravery bonuses.

Now you go and complete another virgin quest on hard or elite. This starts a streak. Now you get the one time difficulty bonus, plus a bravery bonus PLUS an additional bonus for having a streak going.

Streaks stack up to 5 times and a completion of Elite counts as both a Hard AND Elite streak. In other words, if you complete Elite 3 times in a row, your streaks look like:

A hard streak is 5% per and elite is 10%, so you would get a 30% bonus in this case.

If you end up completing the next virgin quest on Hard, your Elite streak is reset but Hard continues:

You can start your Elite streak back up, but because we always apply the highest bonus, you would get 25% for Hard (5 x 5%) until your Elite streak bonus surpassed the Hard streak bonus.

MF
    Makes sense to me.

So repeating quests doesn't give you anything. These Bravery bonuses only apply for first runs of a quest?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Makes sense to me.

So repeating quests doesn't give you anything. These Bravery bonuses only apply for first runs of a quest?
    Yes, that is the question that I have too.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Hrmm, interesting... So prep each quest run by doing previously ran quest on elite to stack a bravery bonus, then do your quest you want to do to get max bonus for that quest.

What I am curious about is what happens after the 5th quest.

From the way it is worded, it may be (due to being called bravery bonus), but it may not be (due to being a streak).

Now, this quest is no longer 'vrigin' and you're free to re-run it 10,000 times without having it affect future Bravery bonuses.

MF
    So is there a particular reason why you feel that premuim players should not recieve the same incentives that VIPs do?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Your solo'ing elite difficulty, and often succeeding.. Yet you think the problem is that you got killed by a trap?

.. Elite was never intended to be solo'd. Thats what casual/normal is for. The fact you can even do it on ANY quest either means you are very skilled and knowledable and doing something unexpected by the developers. Or the quests are too these days easy due to factors added after they were release (often the case, newer quests are often more difficult on elite to solo then older ones.)

Every trap on elite should ALWAYS 1 shot kill any solo player in all cases on a failed save. Whats redicules is to thnk otherwise.. It's elite, you failed to dodge the trap. Suck it up and try again, or give up and doing an easier difficulty.

No, despite the fact elite is meant to be difficult.. Not a single quest in the game features any traps that can stop a solo favored soul or any other class in the game. 99.9% of traps in the game can be navigated without being hit thru player skill alone. The 0.1% that can never do enough damage to 1 shot a player with reasonably good HP for the level (and yea you HP seems fine, you just are trying to zerg thru a physical trap without any skil and you failed and died. Dodge it next time, there are no phsyical traps at around that level that are undodgable. Only one I can think of that is undodgeable is the wizard king lever traps - which deal elemental damage you can easily survive with a protection from elements.
    partycrashers
    Soturi

This exp thing makes me nervous for the vip perk of hard and elite being open now being added to ddo store....

As to open hard or elite unless its someone else doing it for you and for it to be *virgin* your gonna have to be...
    1. vip
    2. using the current store 1 time open items
    3. a new feature to allow people to open the settings that doesnt exist in game currently.

The vip hard/elite perk is pretty much all they get any more... I really hope that this isnt an introduction to bone them further.

MF

HELLO, FREE TO PLAY PLAYER! welcome to eberron! meet middle finger.
    Soturi

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast