Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Artificer and Completionist

So, all those completionists out there will have to TR ($$$) into an Artificer ($$$) and then TR ($$$) back into their original class to get back to where they are today.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dameron View Post
    So, all those completionists out there will have to TR ($$$) into an Artificer ($$$) and then TR ($$$) back into their original class ($$$) to get back to where they are today.

Nice.
    This isn't a surprise is it?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE's Avatar

There's a big warning on the completionist feat that when new classes are created, the feat will be deactivated. It shouldn't some as a surprise to anyone.
    Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Not to sound like a jerk, but this was a known issue.

I don't think anyone goes to completionist without keeping this in mind. It's not like they've hidden the fact that they're adding new classes.

It totally sucks, and I feel the pain. I think a compromise would be to not deactivate the completionist feat UNTIL the toon TRs again.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

So do you want turbine not to make money on this game? I mean, really.

You can grind the tp to do it for free, so I don't see a problem.

It's been clear that would be the case since completionist was added. It's in the description of the feat. As far as I see it, you have many choices:

1. Don't go for completionist
    2. Get completionist, enjoy it while you have it, don't get it again
    3. Spend the money

I'm not sure why you think it costs too much. Turbine's not handing out free puppies - this is a business. If you don't want the product, don't buy it. If you do want it, be prepared to demonstrate that by shelling out the cash.

The Completionist feat will turn into a free feat respec token whenever a new class is released.

And why does TRing cost $$$? I'd expect a completionist to have 40 tokens in their bag by that time.

So, all those completionists out there will have to TR ($$$) into an Artificer ($$$) and then TR ($$$) back into their original class to get back to where they are today.

Nice.
    They warned us ahead of time that there would be more classes released and that this would be the case for the completionist feat.. no surprise really. Might have been an issue if they were not up front with the information... but they were from the very beginning.
    Infynity, Flaggson, Grazzit, Liryc
    Yep, I think I facepalmed my nose off.

Quote Originally Posted by PresentTense View Post
    It's been clear that would be the case since completionist was added. It's in the description of the feat. As far as I see it, you have many choices:

1. Don't go for completionist
    2. Get completionist, enjoy it while you have it, don't get it again
    3. Spend the money

I'm not sure why you think it costs too much. Turbine's not handing out free puppies - this is a business. If you don't want the product, don't buy it. If you do want it, be prepared to demonstrate that by shelling out the cash.
    You could also just stay an Artificer. That'll save you the last TR. But I doubt folks who went all the way to completionist are going to be so enthralled with Artificer that very many of them will decide to not TR back to their "goal" class and stay there.

I understand TRing to get completionist on new classes, and paying to get new classes, but perhaps Turbine could also award a free TR upon achieving completionist to avoid the savage gouging of having to buy two TRs.

Nice.

TR = 20 Epic Tokens
    Artificer = VIP

Doesn't necessarily require spending a dime.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The Completionist feat will turn into a free feat respec token whenever a new class is released.
    WOw...a developer posting regarding the completionist feat for the first time in a year...

So...any plans on making it free for the sake of all that is good and just in this world..?

Hey, it would also be nice to let people keep their +4 tomes on a TR. You know, 20 TRs, finally done, eats a +4 whatever tome as the icing, then bam!

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Default And that's

Quote Originally Posted by Durnak View Post
    So...any plans on making it free for the sake of all that is good and just in this world..?
    The problem with all that is good and just.......one person's good is another person's evil and just is all .... ummm .... just just based on just your point of view.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    TR = 20 Epic Tokens
    Artificer = VIP

Doesn't necessarily require spending a dime.
    I don't know of a single completionist out of three who didn't use XP Pots, and of all those I know of that TR, most of them use XP pots too. Then there are the mana pots that make flying through levels with a caster ridiculously easy.

Regarding the OP, the worst part is, imo, the +4 tomes they have to re-obtain.

Somebody explain how this is a surprise to anyone that has obtained completionist?
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiewa View Post
    Somebody explain how this is a surprise to anyone that has obtained completionist?
    I know right?

That and there really aren't any completionists complaining.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise - it's pretty clearly labeled.

------------------------------------------------------

Completionist
    Usage: Passive
    You win DDO! You've leveled to 20
    in every class, and for your effort
    you can take this feat to get a +2
    bonus to all skills and ability
    scores. When more classes are
    added, this feat will deactivate
    and you will need to gain those
    past lives before this benefit
    reactivates

------------------------------------------------------

I would have thought that anyone gunning for completionist would have already had a plan to deal with new classes from the get-go. Personally, I think this is one more reason why the Feat itself should be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    But I guess for now, this is a nice gesture.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Nice.
    It is nice and appropriate and not a surprise.

Keep tomes? - I'm on board for that, but completionist should turn off when new classes come along (the free feat respec is actually an unexpected bonus).

Nice.
    Or… LR a few times into an artificer ($$$) and then TR back to their original class.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast