Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Honestly, if Shade hadn't posted so confidently that this WOULDN'T be fixed, I'm sure we'd have left it the way it was! </obvious sarcasm >
    Marry me and have my children.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I'd give you +rep, but another thread has sadly used up my entire daily allocation. Oh well.
    Covered yah.

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    The real question is did you do anything regarding bard songs with Elyd`s? Yeah, I might have a one track mind sometimes.
    ~O Sing. Sing a song. Sing out loud, sing out stroooooong.... O~
    Last edited by SableShadow; 07-21-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Wow, truly epic. Fast, listens to player's concerns, and ultimately get's things done! I've played a lot of MMOs and yes some are better then DDO in many regards. But NONE, and I say NONE holds a candle to the integrity and quality of the dev team at Turbine. NONE. Thanks again for the surprising responses and ignore the crafting haters...it'll catch on well and it'll be an awesome addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    HOrc bard triplets for back up. Bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Oh and Genasi, any chance of you at least looking at Desert drop rates (while leaving item quality for another time)? The Desert item quality issues (which I'm sure will take a lot of time to think over) aren't so pressing as the fact that no specific single shard in the whole area has a drop rate exceeding 2.25% in any quest, and each specific raid item scroll is widely believed to have a 1-in-32000 or 1-in-40000 chance to drop from each mob. (1% to get a scroll, 4-5% that the scroll is a raid item, then 1 in 16 that it's the specific raid scroll you wanted).

I won't even mention the Ring of Spell Storing shard. Every time one drops, it's serverwide news.

My suggestion in the other thread (and some people have torn it apart and suggested other things) was the following:

Proposed new drop rate system:
    Summary:
    Raid items require completing ADQ1 as well as ADQ2, rather than ADQ2 completions and ADQ1 non-completion farming. Scrolls are more common, but these items are still prestigious and difficult to acquire.
    Explorer items no longer have scrolls, seals or shards but drop as already completed Epic items in the Epic chest of ADQ1 (and maybe also with a tiny drop rate in ADQ2).
    Shard drop rates increase a moderate amount on WK/OOB/Chains. Being 'skunked' (no shards dropping for anyone in a 6-person run) should be the exception, not the rule, but getting the exact shard you want should take a fair number of runs unless you get very lucky.

Raid items (Chaosblade, etc):
    Shards continue to drop in ADQ2 only, at their present rarity (0.9% chance per person to get a specific shard). Seals are removed from all chests that currently drop them. Instead, they drop only from the Epic chest of ADQ1, but with a fairly high drop rate - 3% per seal per player (so with 16 raid items, you have a 48% chance to see a seal drop under your name). Plus, see notes on scrolls.
    Obtaining a specific raid item would require a significant number of ADQ2 runs and a few completions of ADQ1.

Explorer area items (Bloodstone, etc):
    Shards, seals and scrolls for these items no longer drop. Instead, the pre-made Epic items drop from the Epic chest of ADQ1, just as the Epic Red Dragon Helm drops pre-made in eVON6. This would remove an enormous amount of 'guff' from the loot tables. Players would have a 16.5% chance (0.5% per item) to have one of these drop under their name each time they run ADQ1 epic.
    Edit - These items would drop as 'binds to account on acquire; binds to character on equip', which is similar to how they drop today - players can collect the pieces at present on any of their toons, but once they make the item, it's locked to the character they make it on.
    Existing scrolls, seals and shards of these items could still be used. For those who've put quite a bit of effort into acquiring the shard of an item but have no seal, they would be allowed to use 20 Epic Dungeon Tokens to fill in for the missing piece (so Thornlord + Shard of the Thornlord + Scroll of the Thornlord + 20 eDT's = eThornlord). As the seals are much more common for these items than the shards, this would not work the other way.

Chains of Flame, OOB and Wiz-King quest items (Vambraces of Inner Light, etc):
    These items drop as they currently do. However, drop rates are increased on the shards to 4% per item per player (so for Chains of Flame, each player has a 4% chance to have a Shard of the Unkor's Cleaver fall under their name). In 25 runs, a player would have about a 70% chance of having (at least) one of the specific shard they want falling under their name.

Scrolls:
    After removing 31 scrolls from the loot tables, scroll drop rates could be changed so that specific raid item scrolls are exactly twice as rare as specific other scrolls. This would mean that whenever a scroll drops, it has a 2% chance to be any specific raid scroll (e.g. Scroll of the Chaosblade) and a 4% chance to be any specific non-raid scroll (e.g. Scroll of Hruvayah's Medallion, or Scroll of the Spectral Gloves). With 16 raid scrolls and 17 non-raid, that conveniently totals 100%.
    Raid scrolls would continue to be rare and valuable, but not as ludicrous as they presently are (on my server, the Marilith Chain scroll will buy you thirty flawless red scales, and the Chaosblade one almost twenty).
    Also, DQ2 trash mobs should drop scrolls. If you are worried that the trash at the start will be too easily solo farmed, add some sort of 'gatekeeper' monster like Warlock S'Obrien.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

HOrc bard triplets for back up. Bonus
    Helping. I'm a helper!
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Haha, this thread gave me a great laugh, thanks everyone!
    Yep, absolutely. Honestly, if Shade hadn't posted so confidently that this WOULDN'T be fixed, I'm sure we'd have left it the way it was! </obvious sarcasm >
    haha my reverse psychology worked! I wanted them to be restorable

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi
    Seriously though, we've just been busy. And don't worry, the Epic loot changes I fully discussed with everyone (those for the Carnival and Sentinels) are done and should be going in for U11.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

The real question is did you do anything regarding bard songs with Elyd`s? Yeah, I might have a one track mind sometimes.
    That is pretty much what I wanted to know. A full list of changes would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    That is pretty much what I wanted to know. A full list of changes would be awesome.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/In_development has the main Genasi posts re the item changes all in one place.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

http://ddowiki.com/page/In_development has the main Genasi posts re the item changes all in one place.
    I would rather see the confirmed list of changes somewhere. To me those changes are more like casual conversation around a cup of coffee and necessarily indicative of what we will see. In the instance with Elyd's we have a comment that it might be better to make songs better somehow but with a such as and nothing about song benefits since.

At least U11 isn't far around the corner, but I was hoping for some tidbits in the meantime.

I was actually extremely happy that Genasi replied at all. But a full list of changes would be nice but.. I can wait till the lam notes. I think people want the full list so they can debate the issue further, but this is what lam is for anyhow.

If Genasi has the time (I can see now that he's EXTREMELY BUSY...some of the items we were talking about are NOT EASY to make) he can maybe put up a list or quick whatever. But again, he's priorities are to make all this happen at U11.

Okay, for everyone's convenience (and so we can perhaps have just a bit more last-minute discussion about them ), here's a list of the changes to these items. I don't know as though I'll have time to revisit them, but do post your comments regardless if you feel strongly that anything else should be different.

Epic Antique Greataxe: Added Righteousness, increased base damage to 3d10, fixed Adamantine property
    Epic Kronzek's Cruelty: Added Lightning Strike and Improved Destruction
    Epic Phiarlan Spy Dagger: Added Improved Paralyzing. Replaced Deception with Improved Deception, which procs twice as often.
    Epic Noxious Fang: Added Disintegration
    Epic Garos' Malice: Added Greater Incineration (procs about twice as often as normal Incineration). Sneak attack bonus was replaced with a new effect called "Blinding Embers." This blinds an enemy on a vorpal hit, no save.
    Epic Brimstone Verge: Replaced Fireball with Delayed Blast Fireball, added Epic Combustion VII (60% damage boost)
    Epic Roderic's Wand: Now grants Augment Summoning while held
    Epic Brawn's Spirits: Added Incite 10% and Exceptional Con +2. The Intimidate bonus is now a +20 competence instead of the stacking 5 enhancement, and the Rage clicky caster level is now 15.
    Epic Grim's Bracelet: Added Dodge +3. Strength bonus upped to +7.
    Epic Mask of Comedy: Improved Healing Lore to Major, added Superior Devotion VII. Now has Greater Potency VII as well.
    Epic Mask of Tragedy: Improved Void Lore to Major, added Superior Nullification VII. Now has Greater Potency VII as well.
    Epic Phiarlan Mirror Cloak: Improved Spell Resistance to 30, added Spell Absorption (5 charges), added Greater Light Resistance. It will also keep Blurry (there was some debate about whether it would).
    Epic Ring of Elemental Essence: Added Epic Combustion/Glaciation/Magnetism/Corrosion (60% damage boosts), added Inherent Resistance 5 to fire, cold and electric.
    Epic Shimmering Pendant: Increased Charisma boost to +7, increased skill boosts to +20

Epic Elyd Edge: Now has Screaming, as well as "Cacophony:" a sonic damage effect equal in proc rate and power to Incineration. It will use the higher of Strength or Charisma for to-hit and damage. Will also have a new effect called "Inspiring Echoes:" a Bard wielder's Inspire Heroics, Inspire Competence and Song of Freedom become AoE while this weapon is held.
    Epic Midnight's Greetings: Enhancement bonus is now equal to Int modifier (min 6, max 10). Replaced Deception with Improved Deception. Added Improved Paralyzing. Now boosts your Assassinate DCs by 2. It will use the higher of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.
    Epic Deneith Heavy Chain: Now has Superior False Life and Vertigo +15.
    Epic Blademark's Docent: Now has Superior False Life and Vertigo +15.
    Epic Chimera's Crown: Now grants stacking hit points depending on the number of Dragonmarks you have: 1 Dragonmark grants 10 HP, 2 grants 15, and 3 grants 20. 3 Dragonmarks will also grant Spell Resistance 30.
    Epic Chimera's Fang: Base item is now +6, 3d10 base damage, Incite 20%, Silver, Keen, Shocking Burst, Destruction, Shatter +10, Red Augment Slot. Dragonmarks add extra effects to the item- 1 or more Dragonmarks: bastard sword proficiency, +7. 2 or more Dragonmarks: Sup. Parrying, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (non-Sentinel): Disintegration, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (all Sentinel): Disintegration, +10, Fortified Defenses 50%.

All epic wands also now have a maximize-like effect applied to them to boost their damage by 100%. Due to the implementation method, this doesn't stack with the enhancements that boost wand damage, but it still beats them out.

Okay, for everyone's convenience (and so we can perhaps have just a bit more last-minute discussion about them ), here's a list of the changes to these items. I don't know as though I'll have time to revisit them, but do post your comments regardless if you feel strongly that anything else should be different.

Epic Antique Greataxe: Added Righteousness, increased base damage to 3d10, fixed Adamantine property
    Epic Phiarlan Spy Dagger: Added Improved Paralyzing. Replaced Deception with Improved Deception, which procs twice as often.
    Epic Garos' Malice: Added Greater Incineration (procs about twice as often as normal Incineration). Sneak attack bonus was replaced with a new effect called "Blinding Embers." This blinds an enemy on a vorpal hit, no save.
    Epic Brimstone Verge: Replaced Fireball with Delayed Blast Fireball, added Epic Combustion VII (60% damage boost)
    Epic Brawn's Spirits: Added Incite 10% and Exceptional Con +2. The Intimidate bonus is now a +20 competence instead of the stacking 5 enhancement, and the Rage clicky caster level is now 15.
    Epic Mask of Comedy: Improved Healing Lore to Major, added Superior Devotion VII. Now has Greater Potency VII as well.
    Epic Mask of Tragedy: Improved Void Lore to Major, added Superior Nullification VII. Now has Greater Potency VII as well.
    Epic Phiarlan Mirror Cloak: Improved Spell Resistance to 30, added Spell Absorption (5 charges), added Greater Light Resistance. It will also keep Blurry (there was some debate about whether it would).
    Epic Ring of Elemental Essence: Added Epic Combustion/Glaciation/Magnetism/Corrosion (60% damage boosts), added Inherent Resistance 5 to fire, cold and electric.
    Epic Shimmering Pendant: Increased Charisma boost to +7, increased skill boosts to +20

Epic Elyd Edge: Now has Screaming, as well as "Cacophony:" a sonic damage effect equal in proc rate and power to Incineration. It will use the higher of Strength or Charisma for to-hit and damage. Will also have a new effect called "Inspiring Echoes:" a Bard wielder's Inspire Heroics, Inspire Competence and Song of Freedom become AoE while this weapon is held.
    Epic Midnight's Greetings: Enhancement bonus is now equal to Int modifier (min 6, max 10). Replaced Deception with Improved Deception. Added Improved Paralyzing. Now boosts your Assassinate DCs by 2. It will use the higher of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.
    Epic Chimera's Crown: Now grants stacking hit points depending on the number of Dragonmarks you have: 1 Dragonmark grants 10 HP, 2 grants 15, and 3 grants 20. 3 Dragonmarks will also grant Spell Resistance 30.
    Epic Chimera's Fang: Base item is now +6, 3d10 base damage, Incite 20%, Silver, Keen, Shocking Burst, Destruction, Shatter +10, Red Augment Slot. Dragonmarks add extra effects to the item- 1 or more Dragonmarks: bastard sword proficiency, +7. 2 or more Dragonmarks: Sup. Parrying, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (non-Sentinel): Disintegration, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (all Sentinel): Disintegration, +10, Fortified Defenses 50%.

All epic wands also now have a maximize-like effect applied to them to boost their damage by 100%. Due to the implementation method, this doesn't stack with the enhancements that boost wand damage, but it still beats them out.
    Nice I like all these items better now.
    Hargrave 20 Pally 1/2ling * Saraph 20 N Human Clr * Azureflame 14/2 CG WF Wiz/Rog * Grimstone 12/2/6 CG Dwf Rgr/ftr/Barb * Ebinn 17/3 Clr/Pally Dwf * Settsu 20 Dwf Monk LN * Nythh 8 Fvs Lg Human * Krisi 20 Sorc Drow LG * Cinderblok 6/12/2 Rgr/Ftr/Mk WF LG

Okay, so I have a 20% bonus over other casters on wands but lose that perk with epic wands? Do you hate bards or just me?

Wouldn't it be possible to change that effect to just a bonus to the wand and scroll mastery enhancement instead to preserve the benefit? I don't imagine it will affect game-play on a rampant scale but I like my little perks. I'm sure a little more healing from scrolls would be a nice perk to go with any epic wand.

Also, does that mean I finally have a way to inspire competence on myself, or does it still exclude the bard using Elyd's?

Thank you btw, for the info.

really stoked about the Antique GA changes. was a great item before,but now with the ability to bypass DR without slotting a crystal, along with some extra damage, its even sweeter
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Would still like to see the lifeshield effect on the Heavy Deneith Chain/Blademark Docent boosted in the epic version, at least up to the rate of demonic shield. Currently as it stands it's 15 hit points roughly ~10% of the time, great for a level 5 player but sorta useless for a level 20 running epics. Demonic shield (which is on the oh so easy to get Pirate's Cove quest Epic Calvary Plate) is 30 hit points and 20% proc rate which is vastly superior.

did some Damage calculations on the new eAntique
    comes out like this:

eAntique Greataxe

normal hit with +7 red crystal slotted against Evil mobs- 12-39 (10-31 base + 2 Righteous)

Crit with +7 crystal- 34-133 (30-111 base crit +2 righteous + 2-20 force burst)

compare this to a Min2:

11-41 damage against evil mobs on a regular hit

31-127 on a crit

35-151 on a 20

the eAntique is now about the same on normal hits, and slightly better on crits. the only time the Min2 is batter is when it rolls a 20

(ps, not the greatest at math, so if i screwed up, plz correct me)
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

Do the dragonmarked hit points of epic Chimera's Crown stack with greensteel items? Or is it the same effect?

<snip>
    Epic Chimera's Fang: Base item is now +6, 3d10 base damage, Incite 20%, Silver, Keen, Shocking Burst, Destruction, Shatter +10, Red Augment Slot. Dragonmarks add extra effects to the item- 1 or more Dragonmarks: bastard sword proficiency, +7. 2 or more Dragonmarks: Sup. Parrying, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (non-Sentinel): Disintegration, +8. 3 Dragonmarks (all Sentinel): Disintegration, +10, Fortified Defenses 50%. <snip>
    Since a Chimera is a creature that is an amalgamation of multiple creatures (usually 3), why not Metalline instead of Silver?

Too bad Epic Jidz-Tet'ka didn't get any love. I would grind out a set if the "Tet-zik, the Enlightened Change" got an appropriate Epic upgrade. As it is now, there's no need for me to upgrade them.

Could be something like:
    Wind Stance: Epic Kos-zik: Air Guard. You have a +15 Insight Bonus to Jump and Tumble.
    Fire Stance: Epic Riik-zik: Fire Absorption 33%. You have a +40% Insight Bonus to incoming positive energy healing.
    Water Stance: Epic Sed-zik: Underwater Action, +10 Insight Bonus to Swim. Epic Thri-kreen venom. (Fort DC 35, save negates. 2 to 12 Dexterity damage and Paralysis.)
    Earth Stance: Epic Thok-zik: +10 Insight Bonus to Balance, Your unarmed damage is increased two die steps.

Yes, folks, I am a dreamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Community Member

Default Nice

I am excited by these changes, and think the items are much improved. Thank you!

Two minor things:

1) For Brawn's Spirits, the +2 con is going to be redundant often, as +2 con will come from the Claw bracers until that time when a melee/tank has something better to wear in bracers/gloves (which there are no indications will be anytime soon). The +2 str that was suggested would be stronger.

2) For Chimera's Fang, this item is pretty neat now, but unless I'm missing something the 20% incite is going to be redundant for a large portion of people using this, as they'll be getting this from the claw set. 15% incite would probably work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    Too bad Epic Jidz-Tet'ka didn't get any love. I would grind out a set if the "Tet-zik, the Enlightened Change" got an appropriate Epic upgrade. As it is now, there's no need for me to upgrade them.
    technically it already did. Was upgraded once.

Many monks demanded it's +6 wisdom get changed to +1 exceptional wisdom. It was done. Im not sure why thats not useful to you, but it was for many monks.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast