Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Since you hit 100, do you still get decay and have to maintain it?
    Yes we do. With 16 accounts at level 100, we get ~90k decay every day. However, renown continues to accrue beyond 50 million. Since our "natural" renown gain is ~150-200k per day, it effectively means we never have to worry about decay. Soon enough the buffer will be so large, even if we all took a long vacation at the same time we should not decay back to 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Who is that one loser who doesn't have red-scale armor?
    That would be Vanshillar. He should be ashamed of himself. (It's an Epic Marilith Chain btw.)
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Keybreaker, Exalted Tyrants

Wait . . . so that Free Completionist Feat thingy ISN'T a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Wait . . . so that Free Completionist Feat thingy ISN'T a joke?

Its a joke. Sorry to get peoples hopes up.

The Titan pic is real from a few months ago, hes the only completionist in the guild currently. Vanshillar on the other hand had fun in photoshop while waiting around for the guild picture lol. A couple guildies fell for it as well and were distressed when they logged on to find they didn't have completionist. They were told that it looks like you had to be online when 100 was hit in order to receive the feat, looks like they had just missed it lol.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Hmm...so small guild bonus and minimal decay. Figured it had to be something like that. I have a feeling it will be hard for any non-small guild to reach 100.
    Hmm... If any medium or large guild had the same base-renown gain (sans any size bonus) per player as OR, they would have hit 100 months ago. But the reality is that no large guild has anywhere near the average activity per member as exceptional small guilds like OR and DIV. Game-wide data shows that mid to high-level large guilds are the rule (48% of them are level 63 or higher), and high level small guilds are the exception (only 0.38% of them are level 63 or higher). If a medium to large guild of active players formed up, they could achieve 100 in a few months, far less than the twelve months it took us (also, please remember that there was NO small guild bonus for a long time in the beginning, when renown was first introduced).

Vanshillar has posted extensively about this, and I respectfully request that further debate about large vs small guilds be posted in a separate thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Breaking the leaderboards down in this way, and counting only active guilds (i.e. filtering out guilds whose renown did not change between May 1 and June 1), a count of the guild levels by size as of 2 am PST June 1, is below:

As of June 1 early morning, there are a total of 67 large guilds (501 or more characters) in the game. 48% (32 out of 67) of them are level 63 or higher, so this represents roughly the average large guild level (i.e. around half are level 63 or above, and around half are level 62 or below). By contrast, 19% (64 out of 338) active medium guilds are level 63 or above, and only 0.38% (68 out of 17890) active small guilds are at level 63 or above.
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    ...They were told that it looks like you had to be online when 100 was hit in order to receive the feat, looks like they had just missed it lol.

lol, that's mean!

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Um.... there's names in the 1st screen shot..... feeding the Cube, are we?

That assininity aside: grats

Quote Originally Posted by binderclip View Post
    grats everyone ^^ good job all, miss u guys ^_^

-aar
    HI AAR!!! COME BACK TO US!

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Hmm...so small guild bonus and minimal decay. Figured it had to be something like that. I have a feeling it will be hard for any non-small guild to reach 100.

Not putting down what you did, you must have worked your assess off and made a point of always going for renown when it was offered, nice work.
    While we did stay that small for the bonus, a large guild could have done it much quicker provided they were all as active as we were.

Community Manager

Congratulations!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Congratulations to you guys.

I'm proud of having been part of such small group that never ceases to work hard to be the best.

Its going to take a while for any other guild to achieve that.

kudos to all of you.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    HI AAR!!! COME BACK TO US!

While we did stay that small for the bonus, a large guild could have done it much quicker provided they were all as active as we were.
    We had members calculate that our guild should have been level 80 and max out at about that level around christmas, and they were right. The decay for our guild just smacks us after we hit level 81. We don't actively go for renown...it is just a side product of us questing. We have had talks about people making a push for it, but at the same time, our guild doesn't want to be one of those guilds that requires members to do certain things...so we said no....and that is why we are where we are. After seeing that chart, I wish they would just lower the decay a little bit.

EDIT After looking at the leaders...it seems to be that guilds with 500+ characters in it, can't seem to get past the 80-84 level mark. It is only the small guilds that are past that.
    Last edited by elraido; 06-24-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    We don't actively go for renown...it is just a side product of us questing. We have had talks about people making a push for it, but at the same time, our guild doesn't want to be one of those guilds that requires members to do certain things...so we said no....and that is why we are where we are.
    Really? Every morning I'd pull everyone into a mandatory guild meeting raid party and scream "NO SLACKERS!!!" at the top of my lungs at least 10-20 times.

No but seriously. You can't expect people to "renown-farm" for a year... a few days, a couple weeks here and there for a push, but people will burn out quickly. A lot of OR members have posted a lot of helpful advice. But the real secret is having a bunch of people who like questing and raiding with each other, and who are active, efficient players. It often takes us about 2min to go from one raid to forming and starting another... just enough time to relog or quickly restart clients. We don't need to fill the party or have an ideal class spread to do any quest or raid, 6-7 is enough to get a quick completion of epic DQ or ToD. Despite what many have speculated, it's precisely because many of us don't have a lot of free time that we value our play time. Our members are very diverse, but we have one thing in common... we like getting the most out of DDO. I'd be really upset if I had to wait around for an hour to form a raid group... or spend 30min around an epic raid chest arguing about loot. In 90min we can get 4-5 raids done, or 4-5 epic quests.

Oh and coincidentally, that yields renown... a lot of renown in a short amount of time.
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-24-2011 at 04:02 PM.

but 90k loss a day is a tad rediculous...
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Yes we do. With 16 accounts at level 100, we get ~90k decay every day. However, renown continues to accrue beyond 50 million. Since our "natural" renown gain is ~150-200k per day, it effectively means we never have to worry about decay. Soon enough the buffer will be so large, even if we all took a long vacation at the same time we should not decay back to 99.
    I was thinking that it would decay to 99 everyday and go back to 100, giving daily world-wide messages of "Hey! Listen!" and making monks think they're uncentered.

grats though.

Default has anyone said it yet?

You win at DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson

Congrats guys. Glad you made it. So, now what is the new goal? Back to crafting for Key I assume (got to get to lvl 100 there as well right). Or maybe get all OR to completionist? Anyways nice job to all of OR
    On Orien: Spanken Leader of Epic Fail
    Alts: Badbigboom, donations, hurttin, Atkron and many variations of spanken too many to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    We don't need to fill the party or have an ideal class spread to do any quest or raid, 6-7 is enough to get a quick completion of epic DQ or ToD. Despite what many have speculated, it's precisely because many of us don't have a lot of free time that we value our play time.
    i like it, +1

and gratz on max lvl
    FIX LAG

Nice achievement guy! i think, with yours, there are only 3 lv.100 guilds, as far as i know, DIV on thelanis(got about 1 or 2 months ago), and one more i cant remember right now,

Either way, congratz everyone

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    Nice achievement guy! i think, with yours, there are only 3 lv.100 guilds, as far as i know, DIV on thelanis(got about 1 or 2 months ago), and one more i cant remember right now,

Either way, congratz everyone
    Huh? DIV, according to leaderboards, is lvl91. OR is the first lvl100 guild.

They're second in guild level. Third is Wanderlust of Khyber at lvl89.
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 06-24-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post

Did you travel back from the future. Over Raided is the ONLY level 100 guild in the game currently lol. In a few months DIV is projected to hit 100 they are currently 91. Wanderlust should hit around the same time. Should be a close race between them. You can follow the guild races in Vansh's thread. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ld+horse+races
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 06-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast