Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

IBTN

"in before the nerf"

Quote Originally Posted by Diib View Post
    It must be an oversight that this stacks with resistance. Even if it didn't stack it would be worthwhile for many builds... but stacking?? When they do those new 101 guides they should all start with "Dex IS a dump stat"
    Yeah, those are supposed to be resistance bonuses (and thus not stack on top of Resistance +X). They actually *are* typed as "resistance" bonuses behind the scenes, but for some reason actual resistance bonuses are typed as "enhancement" bonuses, which is why they're stacking. ARGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Yeah, those are supposed to be resistance bonuses (and thus not stack on top of Resistance +X). They actually *are* typed as "resistance" bonuses behind the scenes, but for some reason actual resistance bonuses are typed as "enhancement" bonuses, which is why they're stacking. ARGH.
    I would pay to see the actual code. Sounds like a programmer who didn't want to lose his job and wrote it in a way only he could understand.

ARGH.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    I would pay to see the actual code. Sounds like a programmer who didn't want to lose his job and wrote it in a way only he could understand.
    That's hilarious. He should ask for a raise while he's at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    not quite as cool now I know what power drain does, but it's still *neat*, i guess. it's still useful on my melee till I get my DT at least
    I would like to now what power drain does please. From the description I was hoping WF might be immune to it.

This docent could make my WF 18Sorc/2Monk Air Savant build actually viable...

Quote Originally Posted by eunucorn View Post
    I would like to now what power drain does please. From the description I was hoping WF might be immune to it.

This docent could make my WF 18Sorc/2Monk Air Savant build actually viable...
    -30 SP (doubled to sorcerers/favored souls)

Community Member

muwahahahaha
    awesome, just awesome
    so, it should be the "problem" why epic raven sight willsave doesnt stack with "resistance" bonuses, eh?

Wait, what? Theyre set as resistance, typed as resistance bonuses behind the scenes, but resistance bonus = enhancement bonuses now? ._. Wut.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rocking_Dead View Post
    It's simply a matter of catering to a larger audience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsaun View Post
    IBTN

"in before the nerf"
    +1 lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrn View Post
    Wait, what? Theyre set as resistance, typed as resistance bonuses behind the scenes, but resistance bonus = enhancement bonuses now? ._. Wut.
    Someone likely got 'clever' and ran it through the some of the same sets of methods used to avoid stacking enhancements. Real PIA to refactor that kind of thing sometimes.

Community Member

Thanks for turning dex into a dump stat and rendering my trapmonkey obsolete ...

^^ He has Lightning Reflexes, Luck of Heroes, and all halfling luck enhancements II and a +4 resistance cloak.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 06-08-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post

Thanks for turning dex into a dump stat and rendering my trapmonkey obsolete ...

^^ He has Lightning Reflexes, Luck of Heroes, and all halfling luck enhancements II and a +4 resistance cloak.
    your 288 hp rendered that toon obsolete. seriously take toughness.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

I believe to keep it from stacking with stability and all the +x will/reflex/fort save items out there.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Your reflex is fine, a tad overkill in dex though I has some older toons - I had an old pre-mod5 ranger with a 42 dex - I backed it off... some questions you need to ask yourself are why did you dump-stat Str and HP while you're at it? What I see is a Min/Max toon with all the eggs placed on a repeater.

Seriously, while we know dex is not what it used to be it's quite true when it comes to wisdom... also. Given the logic you applied here every cleric has a right to say - Why did they place timers on will based CC spells the mob throw at us? Seeing you dump-stated your will, and it's save.

... but you present a min/max toon not a well rounded toon and poise a question about Dex? You'll being bloody illogical.
    Last edited by Emili; 06-09-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    So far though, Trace of Madness upgrades are only available on the medium, heavy and docent armors, so it's real usefulness is pretty limited to evasion warforged that need an extra bump to reflex at this point.
    Isn't the Parasitic Breastplate also upgradable?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Parasitic_Breastplate

Infant

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infant View Post
    Hi,

Isn't the Parasitic Breastplate also upgradable?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Parasitic_Breastplate

Infant
    All with "Touch of Madness". So:
    Parasitic Breastplate
    Beholder Plate Armor
    Beholder Plate Docent
    Infused Chaosrobe

Plus this Update 10 one then.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

Your reflex is fine, a tad overkill in dex though I has some older toons - I had an old pre-mod5 ranger with a 42 dex - I backed it off... some questions you need to ask yourself are why did you dump-stat Str and HP while you're at it? What I see is a Min/Max toon with all the eggs placed on a repeater.

Seriously, while we know dex is not what it used to be it's quite true when it comes to wisdom... also. Given the logic you applied here every cleric has a right to say - Why did they place timers on will based CC spells the mob throw at us? Seeing you dump-stated your will, and it's save.

... but you present a min/max toon not a well rounded toon and poise a question about Dex? You'll being bloody illogical.
    It was my first rogue and I wanted to max dex + reflex saves since his job is traps. I didnt dump con entirely, I had 14 base points in Con, and still havnt used a +2 con tome, nor have any false life items equipped (I have hardly any decent equips on this character as it isnt my main). STR has never been important because my weight limit has been fine so far with a +6 STR item and +1 STR tome, and Mechs apply their INT bonus to their damage, so Dex and INT are a lot more impotrant (starting stats were 20 des, 14 con, 16 int).

I find it odd how other players can now reach the same reflex saves as a max dex halfling rogue build (wizards + Insightful reflexes aside, that at least requires you to take a feat and max out your INT). I realised long ago that my build is pretty pointless, and that dex built rogues are a waste as I could have simply gone 16 STR + 16 CON with the rest in INT + DEX, made an assassin and still been completely capable at traps.

IMO DDO is constantly putting in more and more unneeded and ridiculous high stat items that arent even required anywhere in the game, just to keep players grinding for loot. At this rate it probably wont be too long until we have a hat that gives you +50 luck to all stats, saves and skills.

As for your comment on 'Dump stated will', you do know that Rogues have rubbish will saves anyway right? Theres nothing much I can do about that if most of my levels are rogue. I have luck of the heroes, Iron Will, and Halfling Luck Will II as well just to boost my Will save to help prevent me from getting held all the time along with the two monk levels, I just dont have a slot available for a +6 WIS item. If other classes actually want to boost their reflex saves, then why not make them put in the same amount of commitment to have to do so rather than handing out +10 reflex save items?

My max dex ranged mechanic is obviously a gimp; +15 search + disable items, and now this +10 reflex save item make it completely pointless. If only I coould have known that prior to making a rogue.
    Last edited by DDOisFree; 06-09-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Community Member

I find it odd how other players can now reach the same reflex saves as a max dex halfling rogue build (wizards + Insightful reflexes aside, that at least requires you to take a feat and max out your INT).
    As for your comment on 'Dump stated will', you do know that Rogues have rubbish will saves anyway right? Theres nothing much I can do about that if most of my levels are rogue. I have luck of the heroes, Iron Will, and Halfling Luck Will II as well just to boost my Will save to help prevent me from getting held all the time along with the two monk levels, I just dont have a slot available for a +6 WIS item. If other classes actually want to boost their reflex saves, then why not make them put in the same amount of commitment to have to do so rather than handing out +10 reflex save items?

My max dex ranged mechanic is obviously a gimp; +15 search + disable items, and now this +10 reflex save item make it completely pointless. If only I coould have known that prior to making a rogue.
    Well, there's nothing preventing you from wearing the Parasitic Breastplate (or robe maybe, seeing you have 2 monk levels, but I assume they are for feats) for a whopping 48 Reflex save. I'm sure you can break 50 - how high can you go?

Joking aside, Eladrin did save above that it was a mistake, and that it should not stack fully with Resistance items.

And yes, the Mechanic PrE and Mechanic rogues are the weakest builds in the whole game, but that is another problem really.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Glad to see it's a bug. Still I find a +10 bonus rather high compared to what is available in the game currently; but at least this is bearable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast