Default Re:Ornamental Dagger Change

can we confirm that its only EPIC ornamental daggers that are exclusive? the level 16 version has no clickies but is an excellent slot saver with superior fire/ice/lightning lore on it.

Yes, since the level 20 version of the Ornamented Dagger was the only one with Lesser Maximize, only that item (and its upgraded variants) will be exclusive. You can still pair, for instance, the level 20 version with the level 16 version, or any of the lower tiers for that matter.

thank you sir. i was about to have to go dig for some lore items again

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Yes, since the level 20 version of the Ornamented Dagger was the only one with Lesser Maximize, only that item (and its upgraded variants) will be exclusive. You can still pair, for instance, the level 20 version with the level 16 version, or any of the lower tiers for that matter.
    THANK YOU!!!!! you have always shown to have lots of comman sense and player understanding +1

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Thanks!

Having unlimited free Maximize was a bit much, just wish this would have been done before the event came and went TWICE.

Is anyone even slightly surprised by this?

A) Not surprised.
    B) I support the change.
    C) I made many daggers, but only carry one per toon, and normally I am too lazy to even use all three charges of those except for a boss fight.
    D) Good call on making it 20 only.

E) You should have announced this after it was pointed out on the forums. Yes, I know some folks think "the eager beavers that made 200 of these deserve it", but Schadenfreude is no basis for game management.

Regs,

muffinschade
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

I'm only weeping because I forgot to create a lvl 16 dagger Any chance you can bring CC back

Community Member

Yep. Some nerfs are unnecessary. This is just getting the item right with how it should have been in the first place. A good and necessary change.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    Is anyone even slightly surprised by this?
    Nope in fact I intentionally spared myself the grind of making multiples for this reason...

Of course I have that Mask from Abbot on my FvS and honestly can't be arsed to use the thing. except once in a blue moon in a VOD or bad shroud where I know I'm going to be chugging a pot...

Yeah I only made one cause the event got boring, I did nto want to grind for hours and hours and I saw this coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Varis View Post
    Is that a trick question? A nuker should heighten, empower and maximise flushing the toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    It will do damage like taking a point-blank meteor swarm in the crotch. You hear me people, stop encouraging Turbine to meteor swarm crotches!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by muffinlad View Post
    E) You should have announced this after it was pointed out on the forums. Yes, I know some folks think "the eager beavers that made 200 of these deserve it", but Schadenfreude is no basis for game management.
    I am going to have a bunch of daggers rotting in my bank now (can't even sell them, ha!), but I don't mind one bit. Easy come, easy go, and there was no way the free ride was going to last.

It took 41 Diamonds to make one dagger (counting the Doubloon cost), and not even any green dragonshards. That's crazy cheap. If you were making any tier 3 item at all, you basically had enough gems for 10+ daggers. If you were making multiple items, for multiple characters, then you could make, for free, more daggers than those characters could use.

If the clickie was only available on the third tier, and people had taken the time to grind out multiple daggers, that would have been unfair. Then I would agree with you 100%. Wasting 7 cove runs is over two hours of game time nullified, whereas for the daggers, all you lose is the ~2 minutes it takes to pop them all out of the barter box.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinlad View Post
    A) Not surprised.
    B) I support the change.
    C) I made many daggers, but only carry one per toon, and normally I am too lazy to even use all three charges of those except for a boss fight.
    D) Good call on making it 20 only.

Regs,

muffinschade
    only bad thing is if they make them no longer bound to account. I use one on my caster (who is the one i do the event with) have a 16+20 on him but when making new ones now i have to remember to put it in the bank first cause i cannot carry two.

Hope the event is comming again soon ... so much to make and remake with the changes in this update.
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Yeah, E is a minor point in the overall scheme of things, and we won't feel much heartburn over it...but it does get to the base of things that Turbine does not do well.

Turbine has a great game. It has a great community. It has great ideas, and fun quests.

But...when they are going to make changes to items, they tend, with cult like secrecy, to be too late on the "informing" side of things.

Now, I understand WHY that is frequently a good thing. However, in cases like this- It should have been a loud car horn at 3am, saying "don't do this" type of message.

Why? It cuts down the whining, and sets clear expectations. Remember, not everyone is us. We did not do what they did or We don't mind paying the price. We are not everyone.

That same person who came to the event late, has one level 20 toon, one Wiz, who struggled to figure things out and made two daggers...is going to be impacted right along with Mr. Exploitomatic and his 900 daggers of no-mana ever.

You don't shape communication policy "just" for the polite and the reasonable. You shape it for everyone.

muffincom
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.