nothing like being late to the party
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    As many of you have suggested, the fix we've decided to go with here is to make it such that any tier of the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer can be placed in the Stone of Change, and it will come out with the properties it should have had in the first place. You won't need to include any extra ingredients; just put any tier of the ring in the device and it will handle things from there. Each tier will get Protection +5 as originally advertised, and the recipe will even pull off the redundant Dexterity +6 effect in the case of tiers 2 and 3 (which both already have Dexterity +7). The tier 3 ring will lose its augment crystal if you slotted one, but other than that, the rings will suffer no loss as a result of being corrected by the Stone of Change.

Thanks for voicing your concerns, everyone- it was an unfortunate oversight that Euphonia's barter shop claimed that the ring had Protection +5 when it actually didn't, so we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.
    I'm glad to hear that. I crafted a few rings, and I really don't want to go back just make them all over again even though I think the pirate event is awesome.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Is this fix going to be implemented in Update 9, or is it being implemented as we speak?
    We're in the Lamannia Forums. I'll give you one guess.

As many of you have suggested, the fix we've decided to go with here is to make it such that any tier of the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer can be placed in the Stone of Change, and it will come out with the properties it should have had in the first place....
    Awesome Genasi.

Now where do I go to complain that the ring from the Crystal Cove event is overpowered and should be nerfed!

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Awesome Genasi.

Now where do I go to complain that the ring from the Crystal Cove event is overpowered and should be nerfed!
    Rabble rabble rabble!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    ZOMG! A sighting! <takes 13 seconds of grainy, out of focus footage>
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu View Post
    I will digest things today knowing that someone cares.

As many of you have suggested, the fix we've decided to go with here is to make it such that any tier of the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer can be placed in the Stone of Change, and it will come out with the properties it should have had in the first place. You won't need to include any extra ingredients; just put any tier of the ring in the device and it will handle things from there. Each tier will get Protection +5 as originally advertised, and the recipe will even pull off the redundant Dexterity +6 effect in the case of tiers 2 and 3 (which both already have Dexterity +7). The tier 3 ring will lose its augment crystal if you slotted one, but other than that, the rings will suffer no loss as a result of being corrected by the Stone of Change.

Thanks for voicing your concerns, everyone- it was an unfortunate oversight that Euphonia's barter shop claimed that the ring had Protection +5 when it actually didn't, so we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Well now i can't say every time they"fix"something that was helpful to players it gets a retro fix and when they don't it requires us to use tokens or suck it up.

TY for doing the right thing on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Now I feel really sad that I choose to level up my Fvs instead of wasting time upgrading broken rings that wouldn't be fixed that now will be fixed. I hope I won't have to wait 11 months, but I put those characters on the back burner for now while I work on Fvs and Sorc goodness. Nice to be fixed, but bad communication during the whole ordeal.

Thanks.

We can do it!

@OP please update your OP to include this so that people who don't read through the whole thread (understandably) don't end up posting about fixing what they have already acknowledged...

Community Member

Kisses, hugs and other stuff.

Thanks

+1 for doing the right thing.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

So how do i get my augment crystal back?

That's 30 epic dungeon tokens... just poof gone and i'm sol?

Community Member

As many of you have suggested, the fix we've decided to go with here is to make it such that any tier of the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer can be placed in the Stone of Change, and it will come out with the properties it should have had in the first place.
    Well I'm not going to complain because this for sure makes many people happy. In hindsight now, I should have went ahead and risked upgrading to tier 3 but I actually saved back ingredients hoping the event or even just the barter box might reappear for a short while in order to get a working tier 3 ring. So, really good move by Turbine but here's a vote for letting Euphonia back out "soon" for people like myself who opted not to spend ingredients based on notes pointing toward a future means at getting the upgraded ring... I can't be the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1guy View Post

Probably. But that’s how it’s always been for repairs like this. Any chance you could use the slotted ring on another character that doesn’t need the protection +5? They’re still BtA even when slotted.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Kobold still hate... nah, forget it
    Hahaha, okay, you got an LoL out of me for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziindarax View Post
    Is this fix going to be implemented in Update 9, or is it being implemented as we speak?
    It'll be in for Update 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    What about fixing the stacking seeker +2
    I had a look at this and it too will be fixed for Update 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Well now, that's a separate issue, isn't it? Careful what you wish for!
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1guy View Post

Actually, thank you for asking: I double-checked this and it looks like I was mistaken. Often, when we make major changes to an epic item, giving you a new copy of the item is the only way for us to make it possible for you to update it, and that results in a fresh augment slot. But good news- the nature of this fix is such that your augment slot won't be cleared.

Community Member

Actually, thank you for asking: I double-checked this and it looks like I was mistaken. Often, when we make major changes to an epic item, giving you a new copy of the item is the only way for us to make it possible for you to update it, and that results in a fresh augment slot. But good news- the nature of this fix is such that your augment slot won't be cleared.
    It's good to hear this. 30 tokens would be a fairly high time loss.

Hahaha, okay, you got an LoL out of me for that one.

It'll be in for Update 9.

I had a look at this and it too will be fixed for Update 9.

Well now, that's a separate issue, isn't it? Careful what you wish for!

Ok, if the devs keep fixing these problems what are we supposed to whine and /ragequit over?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
    Ok, if the devs keep fixing these problems what are we supposed to whine and /ragequit over?
    Go check out the monk DC/ki generation thread -- they're picking up the slack, don't worry
    Last edited by dejafu; 03-30-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

So while you are fixing event items, what about epic swashbuckler? It still isn't a small shield, the guardbreaking effect is now useless since you nerfed the effect (it needed to be nerfed but it went to far) and riposte is completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Go check out the monk DC/ki generation thread -- they're picking up the slack, don't worry
    +1 this post was both informative and helpfull. But more importantly I lol'ed.

Yeah, I was really just throwing a backhanded compliment the Devs way. The ol' surgar is beeter than vinigar ploy! I actually agree with you that Monks are getting slapped around alot this issue, all in the name of "we've been meaning to fix ther uberness for some time".

20. 03-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Community Member eterna1_drag0n's Avatar

Thank-you for doing the right thing +1 to the dev and customer service departments! They deserve some Pizza!
    Khyber: mislabeled, nondevout

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast