Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Wanted to let you all know that most of these issues have been addressed for Update 9. The Epic Envenomed Cloak's Greater Poison Guard DC was fixed (to 28, in accordance with the description),
    Cool. But how is that seen as "fixed"

Epic monsters fortitude save, and stat damage resistance/regenerations tends to be so high, that effect is still useless.

I dunno, seems to me Epic items should be useful on well.. Epic.

And please read my thread here which covers most of these issues and some you didn't mention:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299062

Wanted to let you all know that most of these issues have been addressed for Update 9. The Epic Envenomed Cloak's Greater Poison Guard DC was fixed (to 28, in accordance with the description), as well as the issues with the Epic Telekinetic effect. The problem with Epic Telekinetic was actually not the DC- as some of you seem to have noticed, it was actually that the proc rate was exceptionally low. Basically, the effect was set to have a very small chance to go off on critical hits, when per the description it should have been happening on all critical hits. I'm assuming that wasn't intended, and it is fixed now.

As for the Epic Might of the Abishai set bonuses, a change/fix was made here as well. Testing showed that the +3 bonus to evocation caster levels was working, but not the +3 to conjuration caster levels. The second effect has actually been changed to a +3 increase to your conjuration spell DCs instead, as this was seen to be a more beneficial bonus.
    Thanks for the head up Genasi. Oog, now the abishai set won't stack with the epic docent of the diabolist now tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Thanks for the head up Genasi. Oog, now the abishai set won't stack with the epic docent of the diabolist now tho..
    it will if it's a profane bonus to DC, like all the other bonuses on the set...

Community Member

not the +3 to conjuration caster levels. The second effect has actually been changed to a +3 increase to your conjuration spell DCs instead, as this was seen to be a more beneficial bonus.
    Mass Cure and Mass Heal are better with +3 level than +3 DC, though.

O.o time to take my epic sirroco out of the bank you say?
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

As for the Epic Might of the Abishai set bonuses, a change/fix was made here as well. Testing showed that the +3 bonus to evocation caster levels was working, but not the +3 to conjuration caster levels. The second effect has actually been changed to a +3 increase to your conjuration spell DCs instead, as this was seen to be a more beneficial bonus.
    /meh

Depends entirely upon who is using it for what is better. I would say the caster level is much better for divine casters personally.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Wanted to let you all know that most of these issues have been addressed for Update 9. The Epic Envenomed Cloak's Greater Poison Guard DC was fixed (to 28, in accordance with the description), as well as the issues with the Epic Telekinetic effect. The problem with Epic Telekinetic was actually not the DC- as some of you seem to have noticed, it was actually that the proc rate was exceptionally low. Basically, the effect was set to have a very small chance to go off on critical hits, when per the description it should have been happening on all critical hits. I'm assuming that wasn't intended, and it is fixed now.

Thank you for taking the time to update us on this old thread, its appreciated!
    Daydream - the Pwnage of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    What about lava and deep lava? By your logic, rogues should get a reflex save for swimming in it, as long as they keeps moving!

there's other bugs yet to be addressed as well. like the anthem cloak that says it regens songs, but has never regened a single song since it was introduced to the game.
    Cannith. Loot. Shaolo (20) - Nicodemuss (TR) - Anathos (TR) - Shaoloalint (TR) - Melowdie (20) - Nicoheals (TR) and a bunch of others.

How about fixing the fact that the "Sirocco" blind effect has a dc of 11?

Quote Originally Posted by shaolaolint View Post
    there's other bugs yet to be addressed as well. like the anthem cloak that says it regens songs, but has never regened a single song since it was introduced to the game.
    The anthem effect actually looks for the presenceo f the elyd edge, instead of the other items it might be on, meaning it'll only work if you wield an elyd edge.

is kind of a hilarious bug

Default But but but

They can't fix bugs that would help players. They are far too busy nerfing spells and putting things in without testing so they break the game. Why fix bugs? Ladder hitching WAI since forever I guess.
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Wow, +3 conj focus.... stacking? Set bonuses usually stack, but I don't see this one doing that cuz that's just wicked... Any ideas?
    -Thelanis toons- Alektronic (wolf), Bakeneko (monk), Ghyldra (druid), Hermeros (crafter), Lecker (wf wiz),
    Panaceus (elemental barb), Quallus (SDK), Taigong (acrobat), Vamprix (warlock), Vercigetorix (bard)

The epic diabolists docent/robe already has +3 to your conjuration DCs, and certainly if you've run enough chrono to make the abashi set you have the bits laying around to make this robe/docent. IMO making the evocation bonus apply to spell DCs would have been preferred so that divine casters could use the bonus for something other then spelll pen for implosion. Every casting item out there seems geared to arcanes, while there's only 3 items in the game, 2 crappy robes and a staff with +7 int, that have +2 evocation DCs on them.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Cool. But how is that seen as "fixed"

Epic monsters fortitude save, and stat damage resistance/regenerations tends to be so high, that effect is still useless.

I dunno, seems to me Epic items should be useful on well.. Epic.

And please read my thread here which covers most of these issues and some you didn't mention:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=299062
    Thanks for directing me to that thread, Shade- I hadn't seen it yet. There are several similar threads out there detailing what kinds of changes people would like to see to Epic items, some of which I've used for reference in the past, but I hadn't yet caught yours. To answer your question, the issue with the Envenomed Cloak is "fixed" now in the sense that it does what the text claims. Next time I'm able to go back and review some Epic items, I'll certainly consider it along with others as something that might need some buffing. Same with the Sirocco blind effect there, Junts.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolaolint View Post
    Ah, thank you for reminding me: the Stormsinger Cloak's Anthem effect has been fixed for Update 9, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    The epic diabolists docent/robe already has +3 to your conjuration DCs, and certainly if you've run enough chrono to make the abashi set you have the bits laying around to make this robe/docent. IMO making the evocation bonus apply to spell DCs would have been preferred so that divine casters could use the bonus for something other then spelll pen for implosion.
    A fair point; the set bonus is meant to appeal to a wide range of characters. Like I said above, it's fixed now in that it actually works as advertised, but this is good feedback for when I'm able to look at improving some Epic items again.

15. 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM

Genasi, you rock.

In fact, your entire team rocks the house when you come into the forums and interact with us. Often, it's enough to just know that our gripes and whines and suggestions are being read ("Read by a dev").

It's gravy/over the top when you guys read AND participate in forum discussions with us. Keep it up! Thanks for putting out a great game, and working tirelessly to keep to a rigorous update schedule. We certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Genasi, you rock.

In fact, your entire team rocks the house when you come into the forums and interact with us. Often, it's enough to just know that our gripes and whines and suggestions are being read ("Read by a dev").

It's gravy/over the top when you guys read AND participate in forum discussions with us. Keep it up! Thanks for putting out a great game, and working tirelessly to keep to a rigorous update schedule. We certainly appreciate it!
    Agreed.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Thanks for directing me to that thread, Shade- I hadn't seen it yet. There are several similar threads out there detailing what kinds of changes people would like to see to Epic items, some of which I've used for reference in the past, but I hadn't yet caught yours. To answer your question, the issue with the Envenomed Cloak is "fixed" now in the sense that it does what the text claims. Next time I'm able to go back and review some Epic items, I'll certainly consider it along with others as something that might need some buffing. Same with the Sirocco blind effect there, Junts.

Ah, thank you for reminding me: the Stormsinger Cloak's Anthem effect has been fixed for Update 9, too.

A fair point; the set bonus is meant to appeal to a wide range of characters. Like I said above, it's fixed now in that it actually works as advertised, but this is good feedback for when I'm able to look at improving some Epic items again.
    All great news. Can't say it enough.

My following comment is not meant as trolling or as a downer - but the real question in my head is 'how do some effects/items make it into this game and they are so incredibly underpowered or useless that no one would possibly want to use them."

I get the broken stuff - that is easy to understand because good intentions don't always work. That's ok and we are all happy when they fix it. (Can I have my Twinblade back, by the way???) LOL

I'm wondering why is there truly useless stuff - like stat damage from an epic cloak, or the vulkoor set or perhaps even epic Sting. How about the Finesse feat with +2 dex on Epic Zephyr. Or maybe the Epic Sacred Band with its +6 wisdom. It has an appearance that no one has play tested these things and given feedback on how useless they are.

I get flavor - you are talking to someone who wants Twinblade back and built an alt 'House D' Stalwart fighter who equips all the epic stuff from Sentinels. It is not the most impressive gear set but I did it for fun to see how effective a fighter a maxed out House D dude could be. Some of the items fall off the flavor list though - and that is just what I am wondering about.

I know some people look at a strict min/max perspective and only consider gear based on that perspective - but I am talking about stuff that you would have a hard time finding use for even under flavor situations.

Just thinking out loud

Vallin.

Genasi can we please get a different method of updated older epics to any new changes instead of using 3 dungeon tokens. This seems a little out of place to fix bugged items.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Once upon a time, sirocco blind was considered overpowered and it worked like radiance does. It was uber-nerfed, and now we have radiance which works the way it does and can be put on uber weaponry. Sirocco is never on uber weaponry, and it doesn't do damage. It'd be totally ok if it was autoblind on crit again, really.

Back in mod2, that was overpowered..but now, it'd just be a neat toy, even the epic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Once upon a time, sirocco blind was considered overpowered and it worked like radiance does. It was uber-nerfed, and now we have radiance which works the way it does and can be put on uber weaponry. Sirocco is never on uber weaponry, and it doesn't do damage. It'd be totally ok if it was autoblind on crit again, really.

Back in mod2, that was overpowered..but now, it'd just be a neat toy, even the epic version.
    Agreed.

I'm a fan of epic gear with similar powers being as good as green steel (or the same effect, really - save yourselves some coding).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast