Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DoD is BTA?

Default DoD is BTA?

I don't recall the DoD ever being BTA. When did this change?

.: Reaper :.
    Kongo - TR | Brolik - Warforged Ranger | Bonemender - Clerimonk | Torqata - Warforged Sorcerer | Fresco - Tempest III UMD | Ognok - Intimi Guard Tank

That's upsetting.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Interesting. I wonder how much more BtA items with permanent damage exist.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Interesting. I wonder how much more BtA items with permanent damage exist.
    It means either the SS is a fake...or they have retroactively bound DoDs.

Community Member

Is BtA equipment immune to damage even when it hasn't been equipped yet? If not it could have been damaged while it was being carried.

As description state "binds to account on equip". Some enemies are able to break items even if they are in inventory (low chance thou -> didn't you ever got broken arrows or potions?). So item had to be broken (and repaired) before first equip so it could have permament damage...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by andbr22 View Post
    As description state "binds to account on equip". Some enemies are able to break items even if they are in inventory (low chance thou -> didn't you ever got broken arrows or potions?). So item had to be broken (and repaired) before first equip so it could have permament damage...
    No description stated that bta on equip. Actually it can be BtA on aquire as well, the problem, however is that this item was NOT bound at all.

It could be traded, sold, scarred, auctioned, whatever, it was not bound.

If T really changed the item retroactively to BtA without any notice that is a bad (insert a lot of other words here) thing.

Did you add an armor skin?

Adding a skin binds the armor to account. You can buy a kit remover to unbind them to account I think....

Hmmm mine seems fine here !

Quote Originally Posted by Samiusbot View Post
    Did you add an armor skin?

Adding a skin binds the armor to account. You can buy a kit remover to unbind them to account I think....
    I think you may be on to something here. My vain little warforged sorc was indeed playing dress up. I'll confirm if this works tonight.
    .: Reaper :.
    Kongo - TR | Brolik - Warforged Ranger | Bonemender - Clerimonk | Torqata - Warforged Sorcerer | Fresco - Tempest III UMD | Ognok - Intimi Guard Tank

If that's true, armor skins actually have a significant mechanic significance.

Turbine's essentially selling a 150 TP BtA "ritual" to prevent perm-damage, with a 50(?) TP undo. Both of which are frequent requests for alternatives to the BtC Khyber-shards ritual.

I've always bound mine as soon as I determine who was going to wear it - they take damage so dang fast otherwise.

But if applying a dress-up kit binds it to Account, I think that's hot.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

This is correct, Adding an armor kit binds the the armor to your account until you remove the armor kit. There is a known issue to make the message clearer in the examination window when this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    If that's true, armor skins actually have a significant mechanic significance.

Turbine's essentially selling a 150 TP BtA "ritual" to prevent perm-damage, with a 50(?) TP undo. Both of which are frequent requests for alternatives to the BtC Khyber-shards ritual.
    This.

Time to go get me some Defiance!

-Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldTerror View Post
    This is correct, Adding an armor kit binds the the armor to your account until you remove the armor kit. There is a known issue to make the message clearer in the examination window when this is the case.
    Thanks!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by kernal42 View Post
    This.

Time to go get me some Defiance!

-Kernal
    Does this definitely prevent further perma-damage?

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Does this definitely prevent further perma-damage?
    Without some testing, I have no idea.
    At the moment, though, I certainly have no reason to believe otherwise. I doubt this is the singular instance of BTA loot taking perm damage.

-Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldTerror View Post
    cool i was hopen it wasn't bta..
    Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

My first reaction when i saw that screenshot was.. New buisness model, turbine making the good items BtA so if you really want them you have to buy the adventure pack to get it. Dont have the adventure pack? You cant get access to the item because its BtA. Well, im glad i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kernal42 View Post
    Without some testing, I have no idea.
    At the moment, though, I certainly have no reason to believe otherwise. I doubt this is the singular instance of BTA loot taking perm damage.

-Kernal
    My assumption is that this is merely to prevent the item from being traded or sold along with the armor skin. Not sure that it necessarily includes greater functionality than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast