The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Black Abbot elemental resistances?

Anyone know what the resistances are on the Black Abbot?

I hear electric doesn't work well, not sure if he is immune or just resistant (or how much).

I hear Acid works on him.

Anyone know specifics?

Also, pointers on good spells to use? Heal works well, the Boulders from the Asteroid room hit for ~200, what else?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

The Black Abbot is a standard Lich. That nets him immunity to Cold and Electric. His Mantle of Invulnerability also negates 4th level and lower spells, along with sometimes negating other higher level spells (such as Sunburst, as the blindness component is tagged as a 2nd level spell). With the exception of Negative Energy (due to being healed by it) this leaves other elemental and energy damage as fair game.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    The Black Abbot is a standard Lich. That nets him immunity to Cold and Electric. His Mantle of Invulnerability also negates 4th level and lower spells, along with sometimes negating other higher level spells (such as Sunburst, as the blindness component is tagged as a 2nd level spell). With the exception of Negative Energy (due to being healed by it) this leaves other elemental and energy damage as fair game.
    mantle of invulnerability also makes things immune to cyclonic blast, for the record. probably for the same reason as sunburst (the knockdown is probably coded as the level 2 spell, gust of wind). wish i'd thought of that when i submitted it... i figured it was because of AM SLAs, where cyclonic is a level 4 SLA.