Thread: Quori monsters

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Default Quori monsters

What kind of things work on them? What are they immune to? Resistant to?

I have a Rogue and a CC caster who is struggling a little with them. Unfortunately for me, the groups I am in actually kill them very fast......too fast to experiment.
    (also interested in Monk abilities too)

I also saw Firewall not work on the Dream Reavers once...last time I ran on an arcane maybe. Bug? New? In theory no magic should work on them anyway.

The spiders seems to be vulnerable to everything.

The scourges are both immune to many things, have a very high AC, are incorporeal and have very high saves.

Both spiders and Scourges say they are outsiders but cannot be banished. Not sure about vorpals or death spells.

The Reavers are aberations that should be immune to all magic, but that does not seem to be the case. Although they also have high saves.

And the leader wraith look-a-likes (forget name) I have no idea about yet.

Also big end boss guy.

(where's a Lexicow when you need one? )
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

In general, Vorpal will be effective against the non-boss Quori if you can't find a way to kill them in under 20 swings. They often have DR/Good or Glass. Trying Finding the Path on normal/casual to practice and figure out their abilities, because that dungeon mode provides an Orb of Will that refills both your hp and sp so you're free to experiment.

The reavers have good resistance to a lot of magic, but not full immunity. Wall of Fire would only really hurt on crit ticks, and their hp are fairly high. A caster can enervate+finger, while a rogue can stab it. (You probably know they inflict healing immunity for 20 sec, which can be removed as a curse)

The "shadows" obviously come in 3 colors for different energy types, and the matching energy cures them while the opposing does double damage (there is no lightning-powered one). Although they are incorporeal, they don't have crit/sneak immunity like a ghost would (nor do they phase out like an actual shadow).

The wraiths have a damaging guard effect with a Will save as you hit them, and their touch can freeze you if you fail a Will save (DC around 30).

For the big boss, maybe Good+Glass can beat his DR although I haven't tested that. Just keep hitting with Good damage to cancel his regeneration, and be prepared for when he periodically summons a Nightmare which projects a healing-immunity aura on you. (The Nightmare is an ooze and might break weapons if you fight it)

Thx.

Ran the last few of these on my Rogue tonight.

Seems the Reavers can be assassinated.

Stat damage works on the ghostly ones(scourges), but I did not see SA damage on them.

Spiders have no DR, everything works on them.

Reavers tended to be too tall for me to tell what was working on them, but killing them seems easy for my Rogue. (especially assasinate)

The wraithlike ones.... seems SA damage works. Think stat damage did too. But could not getr through DR.

Had an aweful time with boss. couldn't find any ranged wep I owned that could hurt him, and when I got close enough for SA or melee, I lagged out horribly...to the point of uselessness. He's also to tall for me to tell what was working on him at close range.
    But my ranged weps were limited.

If his DR is glass and good, will Metaline PG work? (or MinII)

Didn't try paralysing any of them. Or vorpals.
    Did try icy burst ona the wraiths and boss, and saw zero damage from cold.

Obviously, we can get the quest done without this knowledge, but I like to know juat what works on different monsters....and I am unfamiliar with Quori.

What D&D book has their stats? That would go a long way to answering my questions if I checked that out.

Anyway
    Thx

For spells...from memory.

I think the Drow in the line near the coin lord tells you some immunitites.

FtS does not work. Fear.....cant remember gettnig hold to work either.

Web, sometimes, but saves are really high. Think just about all mind afecting CC fails.

I did see Monk Jadestrike work on scourges. And Spiders. Don't think I got it to work on reavers...but I think I saw save icons.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    If his DR is glass and good, will Metaline PG work? (or MinII)
    People don't really bother trying to bypass the boss's Glass+Good DR, and just use their favorite greensteel. On hard or elite it'd be more difficult to get away with not bypassing the DR, but there's no incentive to running elite more than once for favor... the loot motivation to kill that boss is access to the Dreamforge upgrade machine, which is exactly the same on Casual.

(You might want to run that dungeon Elite to try for Eardwellers, but that's a chest reached long before the boss. Recall and reform to try again...)

However, if you upgrade Dreamspitter in this quest, then you'll have a weapon with both Glass and Good. Otherwise, ask a Paladin20 to equip Muckbane...

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow
    where's a Lexicow when you need one?
    Celebrating the new year.

Standard DDO Quori traits:
    • Resistance to fire, cold, and acid.
    • Immunity to mental effects such as Command, Greater Command, Touch of Idiocy, Feeblemind, Otto's Irresistable Dance, Hold Monster, Hypnotism, Sap, Fear, Charm, and Sleep (many of these immunities are technically bugs, only Sleep/Fear/Charm immunities should apply).
    • Not extraplanar (no banishing/dismissing, technically a bug when fighting them outside of dream-states).
    • Lawful Evil Outsiders.

Dream Crawler (Quori Phase Spider)
    • About 37 AC (normal).
    • Has energy resistances around 20-30 points (fire, cold, acid).
    • No Damage Reduction.
    • Normally performs physical damage, but can also add a small bit of acid damage on a critical hit.
    • Tremorsense (detect moving hidden characters, true seeing).

Dream Scourges (Quori Elemental Shadows)
    • About 42 AC (normal).
    • Can be one of three elemental subtypes: fire, cold, acid.
    • Is healed by their elemental subtype, takes double damage from their opposing element, and 50% damage from the elemental types that aren't directly similar (Fire subtypes would be healed from fire 100%, take 200% cold damage, and take 50% damage from electric and acid).
    • If you are with a monk that took the Path of Inevitable Dominion their elemental strikes can completely negate their ability to heal from an element and instead be damaged by it (Winter's Touch will make a Cold Version Dream Scourge take cold damage instead of being healed by cold).
    • 50% semi-incorporeal (can be critically hit, but not sneak attacked, immune to web).
    • Not made of flesh (immune to flesh to stone).
    • Floating (immune to slippery surfaces, trip, and knockdown).
    • Range attack deals physical and elemental damage, elemental damage determined on assumed elemental subtype (fire, cold, acid).
    • Has DR 5/Good or Crystal.
    • Has a non-ability STR, so they can't be made helpless from a lack of STR as they don't possess any. However, a summoned shadow that touches a Dream Scourge will automatically kill a Dream Scourge (if not red-named).

Dream Reaver (Aberration Flesh Render)
    • About 47 AC (normal).
    • About 29 SR (on normal, HD + 10).
    • See invisibility.
    • Has energy resistances around 90-130 points (fire, cold, acid).
    • Has innate Freedom of Movement (immune to web and paralysis).
    • Physical attack damages spell points as well.
    • Physical attack sometimes inflicts a Cursed Wound for 20 seconds.
    • Range attack is a non-functioning mind blast.
    • Higher than typical saves.

Dream Stealer (Quori Wraith)
    • About 37 AC (normal).
    • Has energy resistances around 20-30 points (fire, cold, acid).
    • Floating (immune to slippery surfaces, trip, and knockdown).
    • Casts a variety of spells, including psionics (mind blast, ego whip).
    • Has a reactive guard, Empathic Feedback, that will deal untyped damage on a failed will save (DR ~30).
    • Can perform an Idyllic Touch (DC ~30) that is an illusion phantasm causing paralysis (Warforged are not immune, Pale Masters are). This ability can be used in helpless states.
    • Has an STR between 10-14, difficulty depending.
    • Has DR 5/Good or Crystal.

Stealer of Dreams (Quori Cinderspawn)
    • About 45 AC (normal).
    • About 38 SR (on normal, HD + 10).
    • Has energy resistances around 90-130 points (fire, cold, acid).
    • Physical attack can also drain Wisdom on a failed fortitude save.
    • Has psionics for Ego Whip.
    • After bellowing a roar it will stomp the ground, stunning nearby things.
    • Ranged attack does force damage, but doesn't often resort to using it.
    • Has Fast Healing (either 75 or 100 on normal last I checked), negated temporarily by good damage.
    • Has DR 10/Good and Crystal.
    Last edited by MrCow; 01-01-2011 at 12:52 AM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Wow. Thx MrCow. That was even more detailed than your usually answers. Awesome.

And thx again to Angelus too.

That helps a lot.