Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ring Crafting

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    A +9 stat ring aint overly good, think about it. That's basically 1-2 damage for a dualwielder, is that really so overpowered when you're doing 60+ per hit? It's good, yea. But overpowered, far from it.
    The set bonuses are also a good addition, cause without them, the rings would be "meh" compared to shroud items that are "awesome".

However some flaws are obviously in place. The major one is that the set bonuses are far from balanced, maybe (and obviously) because they haven't released all the PREs yet so we don't know what effects the rings will get at teir 3 pre.
    Also imo it is a flaw that the pre bonus are at "pre-level" 3 only, should be a two step combo for "kensai II = +X" "Kensai III = +x+y".
    Quote Originally Posted by TechNoFear View Post
    So a +3 Str Tome 'aint overly good' as is only adds 1-2 damage?

A +9 Str ring also adds 1-2 to hit, which may, at some point in the future, matter.

+9 Dex and +9 Wis rings would give up to +4 AC, +2 Reflex, +2 Will saves and extra SP to many common builds (plus the set bonus/es).
    Mind if we keep this debate in another thread guys? Thank you.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Community Member

Has anyone tried to place a spell boost elemental lore bonus onto a ring? For example greater or superior ice lore? This just might add to the bonus of lore effects.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    Has anyone tried to place a spell boost elemental lore bonus onto a ring? For example greater or superior ice lore? This just might add to the bonus of lore effects.
    the problem is, which recipe do you take?
    as the shroud does differ if its a weapon or an item and then its either devotion or healing lore
    but on a ring you cant decide it
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by tinyelvis View Post
    Greater Devotion VIII

Nobody has reported a lore yet, and I doubt you will see one since this yielded devotion.
    Member of Roving Guns

The most interesting combination would be to see what Unholy burst will give you.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Community Member Absolute-Omniscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    The most interesting combination would be to see what Unholy burst will give you.
    Probably Unholy burst. I see no reason why it shouldn't.
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vandos View Post
    Is it possible to put an effect such as +2 wis AND damage to monk unarmed attacks or did monks just get shafted again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandos View Post
    And everyone else can also wear 2 rings and have exc +3 to 2 stats. The stupidity of the decision makers here never ceases to amaze me. They thought they were going partway to compensating monks for the lack of greensteel weapons and rather than do that they frickin hosed them again.
    Why am I ready to place a hefty bet that you'd complain no matter what the actual truth is or was regarding Battlefield Ring Crafting?

Sorry Quik... not trying to derail nor take over your (very useful btw) thread. It's just my tolerance for the self-shafting peeps is a bit thin today.

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

has anyone tried to use 2 shards of great power to combine them like you do with the mineral 2 and lightining strike?Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by iconiclastic View Post
    has anyone tried to use 2 shards of great power to combine them like you do with the mineral 2 and lightining strike?Just asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    You can't make dual shards of great shards, the altar spits them back at you.
    Member of Roving Guns

Didn't find it around, so I'll post this. Freshly crafted not 10 minutes ago.

Use the negative>escalation>ethereal recipe to craft the ring. It would seem safe to imagine the fire would work as well.

Hail Mighty Argonnesson
    Vanda Copperfoot -- ZZPP Copperskull -- Deepwoods Off
    Bronca Tigertooth --Tenflagon Copperfist -- ShubsnZuuls Roasting in the Sloar
    <UNBREAKABLE>

Quote Originally Posted by Vanda View Post
    Didn't find it around, so I'll post this. Freshly crafted not 10 minutes ago.

Use the negative>escalation>ethereal recipe to craft the ring. It would seem safe to imagine the fire would work as well.

Very nice!

If only i could wear one of these in real live......
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzassassin (just passing through - ignore me) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

Default Recipe for +2 INT Confirmed: Fire, Escalation, Ethereal

We have had Negative, Escalation, Ethereal confirmed already for +2 INT added to a Tower of Despair Ring. I have just confirmed that Fire, Escalation, Ethereal will also grant the +2 INT bonus as predicted.

<will try to post a screenshot I took later>
    -Omega2K

"Adventure is not outside; it is within."

Has anyone tried or can confirm/deny that wearing two rings gives or does not give a hidden bonus. For example, if I craft a ring to have excep dex +2 (air) and wear a ring with excep con +2 (both escalation + ethereal) will you get the balance of land and sky bonus? Maybe this is a stretch but worth checking out... ???

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Has anyone tried or can confirm/deny that wearing two rings gives or does not give a hidden bonus. For example, if I craft a ring to have excep dex +2 (air) and wear a ring with excep con +2 (both escalation + ethereal) will you get the balance of land and sky bonus? Maybe this is a stretch but worth checking out... ???
    not to my knowledge (which is admittedly limited)
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    Why am I ready to place a hefty bet that you'd complain no matter what the actual truth is or was regarding Battlefield Ring Crafting?

Sorry Quik... not trying to derail nor take over your (very useful btw) thread. It's just my tolerance for the self-shafting peeps is a bit thin today.

Vandos comes off a bit strong, but he does have a point.

They added bursting effects for a class who is restricted to 20/x2 crit weapons. It's nice and all, but it's not greensteel.

Quote Originally Posted by Timjc86 View Post
    They added bursting effects for a class who is restricted to 20/x2 crit weapons. It's nice and all, but it's not greensteel.
    I still don't get why they can't bump unarmed crit range/multiplier for monks as they progress.

They are supposed to be the masters of unarmed combat, and yet have no greater precision in their attacks than a windmilling level 1 sorcerer. It makes utterly no sense whatsoever. It'd also go a long way to balancing out monks in the eyes of the general population.

I'm still thinking what we have not discovered yet is some sort of dual-affinity combination. Somebody said earlier that 2 shards could not be combined...has anyone tried doubling up the war trophies to 18 as well (perhaps along with 2 separately imbued shards)?
    Last edited by Cordelia; 10-08-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timjc86 View Post
    Vandos comes off a bit strong, but he does have a point.

Its burst, not blast, so using two of them grants you 3d6 on every hit plus the burst .. if it were the blasts, you'd have a case

adding holy on every attack is a pretty potent thing, like this:

Last edited by Junts; 10-08-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    the problem is, which recipe do you take?
    as the shroud does differ if its a weapon or an item and then its either devotion or healing lore
    but on a ring you cant decide it
    Yes, I understand the logic, but has anyone ever tried putting say a greater glaciation on the air set, or combustion on the fire set? Maybe in the hopes of in addition to other effects improving the criticals? I have seen the greater devotion crafts, and I am sure this is probably a big waste of time and resources but Turbines complete lack of comments on this issue just raises my eyebrows. I can't help thinking that maybe they are not total idiots when it comes to loot design but rather a little devious.

At any rate, has anyone tried and ruled this out?

Great job with the thread Quickster. Judging by what Eladrin mentioned in this thread I believe the obvious,(by that I mean what has been confirmed) is all that is needed to understand Ring crafting. Though personally I would like to see the creativity of the player base be the case with regard to combining dual shards with more trophies or *having a combined effect when you are wearing two rings(*which personally I think would make sense, ie; MEP on one MEW on another giving Aspect of steam w/ unarmed attack), I think we are overthinking it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast