Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post

Dont feel bad, if I had a character on Argo.... I would run with ya'll.

I couldnt believe it though when Jerry told me in the middle of the podcast though that you guys beat it..... I almost had to have Jerry edit out my response but fortunately I muted my mic in time.

Seriously though.... grats.... / kicks a can down the street
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

So ... going for completion on hard monday night ?

Just wanted to say congrats on the completion.

Now do it some more and find you what else drops!
    -My Mother was a Gnoll, my Father was a Minotaur, and I am one Sexy Beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    So when it comes to the named rings. I assume there will be different types for different class PrEs. It might not be all that bad when it comes to the loot. I mean, if there is one in the chest specific to a sorcerer, and you have 2 sorcs in you party, I would think that it will go to those who benifit the most.
    The problem with that is that many (MANY) characters will not qualify for a tier III pre, so no specific set is really 'tailormade' for them as such and it really comes down to the first part of the set bonus and what is on the items themselves.

My intimitank is currently 13/3 Fighter/Paladin mainly because I took the third paladin level when the cap was 14, and PREs weren't really in the frame much if I remember correctly. When the stalwart defender was announced, it was talked about making it available to dwarves (as it's based of the Dwarven defender) but that seems to have fallen by the wayside, so even though he will be Stalwart Defender II (and one of the Paladin tier I PREs), the stalwart defender set isn't really that useful to me (depending of course on what the ring has on it) and I will most likely be after one of the barb sets or even the assassin set because the bonuses work well for my char.

It all really boils down to what is on the rings for many of these sets so we will see more when people find them I guess
    Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane GhostbaneGhostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of posts like "the barbarian rolled on the tempest ring!" or "the wizard rolled on the frenzied bezerker ring!"....
    Thats possible, but it's still up to the person who pulled the ring to decide who gets to loot it. I wouldn't give a tempest ring to a non-ranger that rolled highest if there is a ranger that wants it. If I knew ahead of time I wouldn't even offer it for a roll.

New raid beaten on hard, with optional, loot to follow:

2 war trophies each on hard.
    Last edited by Mhykke; 07-27-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

3 mins longer from normal -> hard. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

The rings we got:

Last edited by Mhykke; 07-27-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

I took screenies of the rings but can't find them...... good run as usual
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

Tot really overhealed
    My one kill was the jailer

Are the 2 war trophies b/c you did it on hard, or because you killed Sulu this time?

Lufeng - 15/2 Paladin/Fighter, Dryo - 17 Sorcerer, Rami - 17 Cleric, Purgatorius - 13/2/1 Rogue/Ranger/Fighter, Barbee - 11 Fighter
    Legends of Aerenal on Sarlona

Thumbs up Outstanding

Great run guys.

Part 1 is just a good old bash fest... DONT DIE or you will regret it

Part 2 seems to be the breaking point... I never actually saw the shadows, but keeping them away from the DPS group is definitely essential.

Part 3 you need a couple of heavy hitters with Boots of Anchoring and a VoD-esque approach...

Kudos to Mhykke for some brilliant leadership and keen tactics...

I only wish we had a shot at elite before it goes live.

Just want to point out that the deaths looks on par with what it should be. Alex and Mhykee both died, and Tot got it twice, seems an adequate representation of their gimpiness.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

What bonuses does the ninja spy ring give to sneak attack and does it stack w/ vision goggles or other backstab items?

Kensai Ring is +6 Str, of course. Bah humbug. Oh well, means I can fit VoD Bracers now.

Also means instead of picking up +2 Exceptional Str I'll be going with 30% Healing Amp.

/sigh
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

Quote Originally Posted by kaelis View Post
    Just want to point out that the deaths looks on par with what it should be. Alex and Mhykee both died, and Tot got it twice, seems an adequate representation of their gimpiness.
    oh lil man, you should get keyed before you start barkin!

I believe the trophies is due the difficulty but maybe additional chest appear if we did part 2 different...

Okay, so screenshots coming in the morning, but I did some testing related to questions from the earlier ring.

No, you cant change the effect a la DT crafting.

Yes you can use the recipe for Good Blast, and It will give you holy burst.

Holy burst Does not work w/ weapons, only handwraps.

Holy burst Does not Stack w/ Holy/Holyburst Handwraps.

Screenies Coming tomorrow, loads of fun this time around too.
    I've got my affairs in order for the coming zombie apocalypse, do you?

Community Member

so basically since theres no transmuting handwraps.. monks are still boned even with rings

Quote Originally Posted by Narus View Post
    so basically since theres no transmuting handwraps.. monks are still boned even with rings
    Correction: Unarmed monks are boned. Kamas/quarterstaves remain the same.
    Person Æ, Sarlona
    Tanka (Elf Tempest Trapper) .:. Darani (Aasimar Inquisileric) .:. Raelyth (Elf Artifonk)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast