Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Titan (Twilight Forge part) with 3 people?

I've been learning the Titan raid with a few friends (yeah, I'm a worthless newb, whatever) and have some questions about shortmanning it. We've done it with 5 but have heard it can be done by 3. The final part (Titan Awakes) seems straightforward with 3 but I'm not sure how to complete Twilight Forge with 3.

In the half dozen or so times I've done this raid, I've gone green-yellow. I don't know the purple-red side but I *think* it requires two people to heal through the red tunnel. That leaves 1 person to grab green and yellow medallions. And that's where my questions start.

It may be simple. After solving the green puzzle, can that player simple grab a yellow and blue and carry all 3 through the blue hallway to meet up with the purple-red folks? For some reason, I thought the quest limited the number of medallions you can carry or pick up so that may not be the right solution.

If the green player MUST go through yellow, how do the purple-red folks free him with only 1 upper lever puller?

What's the trick to 3-manning this raid?

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Community Member

Default The trick

One word

MONK .

The combinations of colors that you can carry are:

Purple-Red
    Purple-Blue
    Green-Yellow
    Green-Blue

You cannot carry Purple and Green at the same time.
    You can carry any 1 of Red, Blue or Yellow at the same time.

Without giving away the fun of solving it, you must look at the end corridor (the colored barriers) to determine the order that you need to complete the colored halls.

Kraki

Quote Originally Posted by Alcamez View Post
    One word

MONK .
    The quest can be completed with 3 people and no monk.

Community Member

It can actually be 2 manned pretty easily (probably even solo). I've done the pre-raid with 2 several times but never the raid.

There are so many ways for this to be done that listing them all in one post is going to be near impossible.

Yes, you can free the yellow person without pulling levers if you got a monk in the party (monks can jump around the edge to pull levers with abundant step), but most likely you will get the yellow crystal down to the barriers by healing/resing through blue. Don't forget that a person can destroy a crystal from thier pack and then go grab a new one to help out in other places. Also don't forget that you don't have to complete the quest in the pre-raid to start the raid, you just gotta get past the bariers.

Here is how I've done it in the past.

1 or 2 people go green to do the puzzle (only because it is faster with 2...not because it is necessary) and 1 goes purple to clear that side. Once purple and green are done, have one in green, grab a yellow and get ready to res down blue. The other person on green goes back, drops green, grabs purple.

So now, you got one person on green side with a yellow and green crystal.
    And you have 2 people down purple. Have the healer/res person grab blue and the other grab red.

Heal red person down blue.
    Heal gree/yellow person down blue.

Now you got purple, blue, red, yellow, green all at the end.

Also, don't forget that you only need the crystal to drop the barrier. At that point, you can get rid of the crystal.

If short manning, why do purple at all? You just need the crystal.

Community Member

Default Please keep in mind

...that healing throgh the tunnel is using an exploit. The CUBE does not like exploits. If you CHOOSE to use an exploit, I certainly would not advertise the fact on the DDO forums. Just saying.
    Valiant Accord

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    If short manning, why do purple at all? You just need the crystal.
    Correct ... no need to clear the bottom of purple once green is finished you can get to the top of purple by going down the blue. This will give you access to the red crystal.

Milolyen

a wf caster or bard can solo twilight forge, actually.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    ...that healing throgh the tunnel is using an exploit. The CUBE does not like exploits. If you CHOOSE to use an exploit, I certainly would not advertise the fact on the DDO forums. Just saying.
    So.... healing people when they get damage is considered an exploit? I mean, if we were supposed to not do this at all, they could just decide to one shot kill us whenever we go tru those tunnels without the proper crystal, instead of giving some fixed damage per unit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by doppleganger View Post
    So.... healing people when they get damage is considered an exploit? I mean, if we were supposed to not do this at all, they could just decide to one shot kill us whenever we go tru those tunnels without the proper crystal, instead of giving some fixed damage per unit of time.
    Agreed. I highly doubt that this is considered an exploit. It's a challenge that can be solved in many different ways. If you have good healing, then heal through it. If you don't, bring enough people to walk everyone through it.

I look at it the same way as a trap. Is it an exploit to run through a trap and get healed or rezzed on the other side? If you have rogue skills, it may be more efficient to disable the trap but choosing to run through it and deal with the damage or death is certainly an option...not an exploit.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    I've been learning the Titan raid with a few friends (yeah, I'm a worthless newb, whatever) and have some questions about shortmanning it. We've done it with 5 but have heard it can be done by 3. The final part (Titan Awakes) seems straightforward with 3 but I'm not sure how to complete Twilight Forge with 3.

In the half dozen or so times I've done this raid, I've gone green-yellow. I don't know the purple-red side but I *think* it requires two people to heal through the red tunnel. That leaves 1 person to grab green and yellow medallions. And that's where my questions start.

It may be simple. After solving the green puzzle, can that player simple grab a yellow and blue and carry all 3 through the blue hallway to meet up with the purple-red folks? For some reason, I thought the quest limited the number of medallions you can carry or pick up so that may not be the right solution.

If the green player MUST go through yellow, how do the purple-red folks free him with only 1 upper lever puller?

What's the trick to 3-manning this raid?
    For full and actual completion, three people are required.

To simply pass through the quest on the way to the raid, one person is all you need.

Yes a proper completion is impossible with less than 3 because of the red puzzle that requires 3.

With 3, you do purple-red. Then kill the titans and open the red and purple barriers.

Now ddoor your whole team back and have them drop their purple and reds.

Now do green.

Send 2 people yellow and the other blue. (assuming no monk).

2 people do the levers while one runs the bridges.

That's it.

If you have a monk there is no need to send anyone yellow after green you can just all go blue and have the monk jump to the levers.

You can do it solo, but you wont get your proper completion.
    Last edited by Yuhjn; 05-19-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    I don't know the purple-red side but I *think* it requires two people to heal through the red tunnel.
    Lots of great suggestions all around this thread. For self-healing, try Quicken and the more hitpoints you have the easier it is to get through it.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Default one person for passing thro

can solo thro if not completion....dont need to be monk..haha
    Using Trackless Step,
    Kyoshiro

Quote Originally Posted by moonprophet View Post
    I load reconstruct, repair serious, and repair critical all at the same time, quicken them, and cycle through all three to get through the tunnel alive because the cooldown on reconstruct is not short enough to do it. At least not quick enough on a wizard.

There, if my post gets eaten by the cube and I get infraction points for discussing an exploit, then I'll know Turbine considers it an exploit. I don't consider it an exploit though right now. I consider it common sense. If this post remains, the pressure will be on moonprophet to change his own personal definition of exploit to allow for players no longer being expected to behave as simply as the AI in the game.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    I load reconstruct, repair serious, and repair critical all at the same time, quicken them, and cycle through all three to get through the tunnel alive because the cooldown on reconstruct is not short enough to do it. At least not quick enough on a wizard.

There, if my post gets eaten by the cube and I get infraction points for discussing an exploit, then I'll know Turbine considers it an exploit. I don't consider it an exploit though right now. I consider it common sense. If this post remains, the pressure will be on moonprophet to change his own personal definition of exploit to allow for players no longer being expected to behave as simply as the AI in the game.
    /signed

I dont understand why it would matter of you can solo through the quest or not.....you still need at least 2 for the actual Titan....

If your life's work can be completed in your lifetime, you're thinking too small.
    ~~Wes Jackson~~

Quote Originally Posted by Baltire View Post
    I dont understand why it would matter of you can solo through the quest or not.....you still need at least 2 for the actual Titan....
    Not true. Take out the bottoms, leave the tops. When you kill the top, it will fall in the direction it was aimed when the bottom was taken out. Add to that the Titan only moves when someone is standing on the floor, and presto, your way of controlling everything to solo that falls nicely into place.

The change so that the Titan only moves if someone is on the floor - I don't believe that was intentional. It appears to be a side effect resulting to a change made to the AI of all monsters. You can no longer kite monsters who do not have an open path to you (ie. from ledges or across chasms). Only exception I have seen to this remains VoN 4.
    Last edited by Ghoste; 05-19-2009 at 03:17 PM.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast