Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    A 5% proc rate would be extremely imbalancing if you wore eight of them.
    As some others have said, wouldn't the effect be non-stacking for more items? Would 5% still be unbalancing from one source?

Giving the item a higher proc rate and making them not stack would be a better solution to this problem.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    with the current drop rate of stuff in part 4 (not getting an ingridient for 7 runs in a row besides an unpowered orb really really perturbed me) and the fact that to get an ingridient out of part 5 you have to deal with the lockout, getting just one of these 24 bit upgrades done will take a long while..... to get multiples of the same one..... man the devs must have been smokin something good when th ey thought of that.

I really hope that if this is the thought direction behind the super upgrades that they give another thought to drop rate of part 4
    It's MUCH better than the 25 dragon scales thingy, where they seem to have a drop rate of 25%.

With no trading, that's 10 ransacks of the Tor to make your dragonscale armour.

You can open 12-13 Large Ingredient chests in a week, and probably average 8 ingredients from them. So 3 weeks for an ultimate item, with solid improvements enroute.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    Giving the item a higher proc rate and making them not stack would be a better solution to this problem.
    Due to its costly investment, a 10% nonstacking bonus would be desirable, and possibly somewhat fair for a 3rd tier upgrade(or beyond).

5% seems a smidge too low. a 1% 4% 9% progression ought to work better(1+3+5).

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    I'm actually not 100% certain on the stacking nature of Concordant Opposition, as Piloto created it, not me.

With a prototype system, we're likely to err on the side of caution at times, especially when it's related to something we normally don't do (like SP healing).

We'll be tracking all the information we receive from it, and are very likely to make adjustments to things we find too weak or excessively powerful.

Can some one point me to the post with this item in it? I have covered the user written guilde, but might have missed it.
    M.A.C. The only way to go!
    In honor of General Dane McArdy:
    FOR PUDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by woodspider View Post
    Can some one point me to the post with this item in it? I have covered the user written guilde, but might have missed it.
    Don't know the post - but I have a screenshot here.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

We'll be tracking all the information we receive from it, and are very likely to make adjustments to things we find too weak or excessively powerful.
    So you're going to re-examine the Dominion/Ethereal weapons and items then?
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

I'm actually not 100% certain on the stacking nature of Concordant Opposition, as Piloto created it, not me.

With a prototype system, we're likely to err on the side of caution at times, especially when it's related to something we normally don't do (like SP healing).

Well at least you all are open to suggestions and all, and really I cannot ask for more than that......
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    It's MUCH better than the 25 dragon scales thingy, where they seem to have a drop rate of 25%.

You can open 12-13 Large Ingredient chests in a week, and probably average 8 ingredients from them. So 3 weeks for an ultimate item, with solid improvements enroute.
    id be happy with 8 of 12 drop rate but i think its more along the line of 4 of 12 depending on your luck maybe 7 or 12 or 2 of 12

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

I would love it if I pulled 5 large ingredients while sacking my guys. Four is my record so far, however I am not counting energy orbs or horns. I have around 45 medium power cells, and 20 high. Don't get me started on how many worthless horns I have.
    For D&D information check out this.
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Based on this comment, and based on initial testing way back when, myself and others have invested years worth of ingredients and essences to equip multiple characters with multiple conc opp accessories.

Recent testing reveals these accessories do not stack. i.e. the quoted statement by Eladrin false, because if the proc rate was 5% and you wore eight of them, it would still be 5% total, because the other 7 do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhlad View Post
    We'll, im testing this with my lvl 12 TR fvs, vhladx, right now, with 3x conc opp accessories.

I'm using the 4 skeleton archers in part 1 delears on casual. With 3 DR and the temp hp procs, I am able to test this solo without healing myself. And I can prep behind the pillar between each test without changing the instance.

standing still (not blocking), with the following items equipped: greater false life belt, minos helm, +5 cha ring, +5 con ring. All other slots empty. No weapons equipped. No torc equipped.

Test 1:
    1x conc opp (cloak)
    5/1605 mana. 4 archer aggro.
    16 mins to refill mana to full

3x conc opp (cloak, goggles, bracers)
    5/1605 mana. 4 archer aggro.
    15 mins to refill mana to full

Will test more.

Test 2: Just the minos helm equipped this time, same instance
    1 conc opp (cloak)
    2/1542 mana. 4 archer aggro.
    16 mins to refill mana to full

3x conc opp (cloak, goggles, bracers)
    2/1542 mana. 4 archer aggro.
    14 mins to refill mana to full

**** this ****, I'm doing more tests.

Test 3. New instance. In on normal. Just the minos helm equipped. Looking at seconds this time.
    1 conc opp (cloak). 4 archer aggro.
    2/1542 mana @ 2:08:20
    1542/1542 mana @ 2:24:45
    16 mins 25 seconds to refill mana to full

3x conc opp (cloak, goggles, bracers). 4 archer aggro.
    1/1542 mana @ 2:27:52
    1542/1542 mana @ 2:44:50
    16 mins 58 seconds to refill mana to full
    When was this nerfed?
    Why was it nerfed?
    Why wearn't we told it was nerfed?

Are you going to unnerf it?
    Are you going to allow us to deconstruct our useless items that we spent years crafting to get our ingredients back?
    Are you going to allow us to get our wasted essences back, that we grinded 20 shrouds each and gave up a +3 tome each to obtain?
    Last edited by Vhlad; 03-12-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Thelanis - Former VIP for ~4 years. Not currently playing.
    Former officer of Indago, server-wide 2nd place: Titan, Queen, Reaver, & Abbot
    ==GREAT MEMORIES========= :: PESTILENCE :: =========GREAT COMMUNITY==
    Vhlad / Vhladx / Vhladxx / Vhladxxx / Vhladxxxx / Vhladxxxxx / Vhlade / Vhlader / Vhlada

Summation of what Vlad said: Please tell us what is going on before we all murder ourselves ><
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Community Member

/wrist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Summation of what Vlad said: Please tell us what is going on before we all murder ourselves ><
    Nice summation...and accurate.

Eladrin also said this....

So the person to be asking would be Piloto.

There is also a know issue with certain items canceling the effects of each other. Example is ToD ring sets. Ravager and Tempest, and also the ToD ring sets and DT Sovereign effect Destruction. It's possible that Conc Op accessories are intended to stack just like Conc Op weapons, but are not due to some obscure bug.

I say bug report it.
    .: Reaper :.
    Kongo - TR | Brolik - Warforged Ranger | Bonemender - Clerimonk | Torqata - Warforged Sorcerer | Fresco - Tempest III UMD | Ognok - Intimi Guard Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    So the person to be asking would be Piloto.
    Two years ago, when this thread was active, the person to as would have been Piloto. Today, assuming Piloto is still with Turbine, his memory of this one thing he worked on over the past few years might not be accurate enough to overcome anecdotal evidence. A better answer would be had if a competent developer read the source to see what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhlad View Post
    When was this nerfed?
    If you follow the flow of this thread logically, you'd see it was actaully buffed, not nerfed.

Here's what happened:

Eladrin said having 8 times 5% would be overpowered, so they would never do that (if they stacked).

Eladrin posted he wasn't sure if they stacked or not, as he didn't create the system, Piloto did.

Some months later, Eladrin confirmed with Piloto the items did not stack, and thus buffed it to 5% after all (this was not posted, but has been confirmed by many players testing, current proc is 5% HP, 2% SP)

So nothing was nerfed. They infact massively increased it's procrate.

Community Member

if you find that it is too powerfull now, i can foresee riots in G-land. i would hope for a way to deconstruct shroud items/weapons before any decision to start nerfing them.

Edit for reading comprehension fail!
    Last edited by Bloodhaven; 03-14-2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast