Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Devs, Concordant Opposition Bugged????

Per Concordant Opposition's description = When the wearer of this item is successfully attacked in melee, there is a chance the item will bestow temporary hit points AND grant spell point to the wearer. that would meant we get temp hp AND sp in one hit right? cos that is not how it works atm, so far all i see is either hp OR sp. is this a bug?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I suspect it means you get a chance to get HP and a chance to get SP. Because the two are separate you would be unlikely to get both at the same time (though it should be possible with this interpretation).

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Hmmm... Chance of HP and chance of SP. So, that would be and/or.

Are you guys lawyers?

°Shima Ra °Roots °Zielle °Sisqi °Downpour

Quote Originally Posted by Shima-ra View Post
    Are you guys [rules] lawyers?
    Yes.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post
    Yes.
    Figures you'd claim that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    “The neutral evil lord of death and decay, the Keeper is the twin brother of Kol Korran. As Kol Korran represents the acquisition of material wealth, the Keeper embodies greed, hungry for the souls of the dead.” <snip> I don’t mind being associated with a deity who eats souls. Being pregnant makes me awful hungry, y’know.

Post Concordant Opposition

Quote Originally Posted by edana View Post
    Per Concordant Opposition's description = When the wearer of this item is successfully attacked in melee, there is a chance the item will bestow temporary hit points AND grant spell point to the wearer. that would meant we get temp hp AND sp in one hit right? cos that is not how it works atm, so far all i see is either hp OR sp. is this a bug?
    It's a 1% chance to gain HP, and a separate roll for a 1% chance to gain SP.

So, you do have a 1 in ten thousand chance to get HP+SP on the same hit

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGazebo View Post

I'll take those odds.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

1%?! even the torc of raiyum is better than that... for shame

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    1%?! even the torc of raiyum is better than that... for shame
    Yeah OUCH!!! ... I would expect for something that takes 24 large ingredients, 10 high energy cells, and 2 supreme shards to be at least 2.5% and 2.5% Since everything else at tier 3 has around a 5% chance. (Though I wouldnt complain about 3% and 3%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    As part of your Game experience, you can input language and upload content to our Servers in various forms ... (collectively, the "Content"). Content created by you must not: ... (f) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Game.
    See, even the EULA says its a game and supposed to be fun. EvilDuckie-DuckieBot

Doesn't the torc require you to take damage, though? This is just when you are hit, whether it does damage or not.

(I could be completely mistaken, if so, just ignore me as usual)

*EDIT*

How much do the items give back? Is it the same amount?

It's a 1&#37; chance to gain HP, and a separate roll for a 1% chance to gain SP.

thank you for the reply and clear things up.

As far as %.... hehe. all I can say is I really like the % in actual test result (in pvp, total of 200 hit, 100 hit with concordant opposition and torc, concordant opposition and torc do stack, we can get both sp on the same hit . I was hoping to get temp hp on top of the sp that i got.. i know, i am greedy )

SP from concordant opposition is about 15-35 (25 avg)
    Last edited by edana; 03-07-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Ouch that % seems really low, should probably boost that to around 3-5%
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdenicus View Post
    Ouch that % seems really low, should probably boost that to around 3-5%
    A 5% proc rate would be extremely imbalancing if you wore eight of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    A 5&#37; proc rate would be extremely imbalancing if you wore eight of them.
    Ouch.

Now to figure out how to get an Essence of Cleansing or seven... All we know is that it is an end reward option.

Eladrin, can you please drop a hint as to whether that comes from Shroud completion end rewards, a collectible turnin (i.e. end reward for the Healing Totems collection quest etc), or something else (would be HILARIOUS if the Devs went and added it to the end rewards for the Black Abbot...)
    Last edited by sirgog; 03-07-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member BlueLightBandit's Avatar

1. "A chance to gain Hit Points and Spell Points" is different than "A chance to gain Hit Points and a chance to gain Spell Points."

2. Turbine is notorious for having the incorrect "wording" in the description, as they seem to employ neither rules lawyers nor logicians. So whatever we conclude in here makes no difference as it will be mod 17 before descriptions are worked on. It's just depressing that a certain percent of the descriptions in game are simply wrong... and there's nothing we can do about it.

3. The 1&#37; chance is only as ridiculous as the inverse of the number of points given. If it's a 1% chance to earn 100 points, then it's probably decent. If it's a 1% chance to earn 5 points... then it's past laughable.
    Last edited by BlueLightBandit; 03-07-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    Voice Chatter Apotheosis - If you don't know, you betta axe somebody.
    Dominici * Domminici * Domiinici * Dominnici * Dominicci * Dominicii
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarion View Post
    No no...you're not supposed to LIKE it... *sigh*

A 5% proc rate would be extremely imbalancing if you wore eight of them.
    I didnt think they would stack to be quite honest.
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

I dont think there is any question/confusion/argument about Air Guard's description

Air Guard = When the wearer of this item is successfully attacked in melee, this power occasionally come to the surface, knocking enemies over OR speed up the wearer with rushing winds.

Not trying to be picky on wording. but thats why i got questions about concordant opposition.

A 5&#37; proc rate would be extremely imbalancing if you wore eight of them.
    So you are really expecting people to have 8 of the same 3rd tier upgrade? Could you, I dont know, up the percentage but make it so that having more than ... two(?) ... didnt help?

As it stands right now ... Thats 1 in 50 for EITHER sp or hp ... after 50 hits, anyone needing sp is pretty much toast They stand a much better chance of surviving 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    As part of your Game experience, you can input language and upload content to our Servers in various forms ... (collectively, the "Content"). Content created by you must not: ... (f) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Game.
    See, even the EULA says its a game and supposed to be fun. EvilDuckie-DuckieBot

with the current drop rate of stuff in part 4 (not getting an ingridient for 7 runs in a row besides an unpowered orb really really perturbed me) and the fact that to get an ingridient out of part 5 you have to deal with the lockout, getting just one of these 24 bit upgrades done will take a long while..... to get multiples of the same one..... man the devs must have been smokin something good when th ey thought of that.

I really hope that if this is the thought direction behind the super upgrades that they give another thought to drop rate of part 4

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast