Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default When transmuting doesn't, well, transmute...

What am i supposed to use against the mummies out in the desert. My poor cleric was trying everything last night, to no avail. Yeah, i'm sure some sort of slashing/flaming would work. But everything I tried, including my transmuting of pure good was giving out yellow numbers. The only other monster I've run into that does this to me are the Greater Earth Elementals. Anyone?

Transmuting only bypasses DR that can be bypassed. Mummies, according to the SRD, have a DR 5/-, which means nothing can bypass that 5 DR. The same thing applies to the DR of Earth Elementals of large size or better.

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier123 View Post
    Transmuting only bypasses DR that can be bypassed. Mummies, according to the SRD, have a DR 5/-, which means nothing can bypass that 5 DR. The same thing applies to the DR of Earth Elementals of large size or better.
    And Barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    And Barbarians.
    And people wearing Adamantine Armor.

I'm looking at you Brother Nerezza.
    Have a question about the Eberron Setting?
    Ask a Loremaster.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by MysticTheurge View Post

What do you mean? Transmuting should work against him.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    What do you mean? Transmuting should work against him.
    Adamantine Armor grants DR/-, meaning nothing bypasses it. Transmuting bypasses his DR/Silver, but he still gets DR3/- from his Addy FP. Vampires are a crafty bunch.

Community Member

Anyone know on elite what the highest DR/- would be currently in the game for a Mob?

Adamantine armor caps at DR3/-. Barbarian players currently cap at DR7/-. Barbarian mobs should cap at that number, too (maybe 1 higher if higher level). Mummies should be DR5/-, but could be higher (unfortunately, they're usually dead from Scorching Ray before I can swing at them). And according to the Monster Manual, Greater and Elder Elementals have DR10/-.
    Last edited by Mad_Bombardier; 01-24-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Adamantine armor caps at DR3/-.
    How silly, adamantine and not DR/adamantine? I know this as per PnP but still silly.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    Anyone know on elite what the highest DR/- would be currently in the game for a Mob?
    that would have to be gargoyles while in the regeneration state. running abbot preraid on elite their regeneration dr is over 100. granted that is only while they are in regeneration.
    Former Leader of DamagedInc:
    godless/attola/scorched/worfda/lucifuges/aodru/stains/acts/upperdecker/ravaged
    Token ****** of DamagedInc

Default transmuting and adamantine

Nice info. So I'll follow up. What mobs are most affected by transmuting and/or adamantine weapons. thx.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Adamantine Armor grants DR/-, meaning nothing bypasses it. Transmuting bypasses his DR/Silver, but he still gets DR3/- from his Addy FP. Vampires are a crafty bunch.
    Is it a bug or intended, that Adamantine grants DR/-? I thought I remember a dev talking about this vampire's DR and how it'd be better to use silver than adamantine...

Quote Originally Posted by death_smurf View Post
    that would have to be gargoyles while in the regeneration state. running abbot preraid on elite their regeneration dr is over 100. granted that is only while they are in regeneration.
    Nice death_smurf, I forgot about those. It's exactly DR100/-. My Barb loves critting regenning Gargolyes for 60-90 damage after DR.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Is it a bug or intended, that Adamantine grants DR/-? I thought I remember a dev talking about this vampire's DR and how it'd be better to use silver than adamantine...
    It's per PnP. I, too, remember that comment. But, I can't remember the details and it's surely lost in the year since LotD2 went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    How silly, adamantine and not DR/adamantine? I know this as per PnP but still silly.
    Not really. If you assume that adamantine can't cut through adamantine.

DR/Adamantine is for things that are hard, but not as hard as adamantine. Adamantine itself is, rather obviously, as hard as adamantine.
    Ask a Loremaster.

Adamantine itself is, rather obviously, as hard as adamantine.
    I guess... quit making sense will ya?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Thanks for the replies, y'all. And yeah, I ended up just using searing light. It was just myself and a fighter mining the desert chests, so I was reluctant to use spell points on anything but buffs and healing. Still no bloodstone. Boooo! ()

Transmuting weapons in general are great against golems, jariliths, razor cats, skeletons (if you're tired of beating on them with your greater bane mace), warforged, vampires, flensers and renders, adamantine defenders, rakshasa, mind flayers, man, the list goes on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Club'in View Post
    so I was reluctant to use spell points on anything but buffs and healing.
    well THERE'S your problem...

blade barrier ignores DR

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    blade barrier ignores DR
    And Cometfall.

Cometfall even ignores Golem's Spell Resistance.
    Ask a Loremaster.

Post Poor wounded vampires

Actually, Nerezza has his vampiric 10/silver, an additional 10/magic to annoy people who manage to find a non-magical silver weapon, and after hearing about all the poor vampires who got spiked by parties with silver +1 swords, he picked up armor with 2/adamantine. (12/silver, 12/magic, 6/adamantine on hard, 15/silver, 15/magic, and 9/adamantine on elite).

So, if you manage to find any weapon which is simultaneously silver, magical, and adamantine, you'll get through his DR.

I believe no such things exist in game at the moment, but you never know what might happen in a highly magical world...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyGazebo View Post
    So, if you manage to find any weapon which is simultaneously silver, magical, and adamantine, you'll get through his DR.

I believe no such things exist in game at the moment, but you never know what might happen in a highly magical world...
    that was a joke... right?

wait... what day is it? whew. no, that's not it...

*looks at the thread title, confused*
    Last edited by Laith; 01-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast