Default ¨Pure Paladin tank build - looking for advice

I have near no experience playing a tank but sometimes we lack a (mediocre) tank for guild raids when the real tanks are not available so I intend to make one.

I have a spare character with 23 reaper points, +7 tomes and very few past lives so it wont be a top end tank by any means.

My plan is the following:

Dwarf max con + level ups, max cha, rest in int/wis.

AP: 7 Dwarf (cores for con and hp), 41 SD, 9 Fey (cha to dmg/hit and immunity MM), 8 Vanguard (Deflect Arrows), 13 Falconry (prr, runspeed, Q HP) and last few in Harper (hp).

Reaper: Tank tree obviously, most noteably +100 hp core.

ED: 40 US (so much good stuff), 12 Primal (+25% temp hp effect, 15% absorption) and 11 LD (+15 prr core, some hp, Dire Charge).

Feats:
    - Shield Deflect, 3x Shield Mastery, Tower Shield proff, Force of Personality and Toughness
    - Epic Tough, Bulward of Defense, Epic Fortitude, Perfect Shield Mastery, Deific Warding, Elusive Target
    - Leg Toughness, Scion of Celestia

Gear:
    7 piece winter (Belt, Bracers, Cloak, Hvy Armor, Neck, Ring, Tower Shield)
    2 piece summer (Boots, Helm)
    Trinket: Heart of S
    Weapon: Labrytine Edge
    Goggles: Collective Sight (Con, Ins Con, MRR)
    Ring: Celestial Topaz (Less Displacement, Cha, Wizardry)
    Gloves: Hands of House J (heal amp, displacement proc, bit of heal).

Filigrees: 4 piece Nystul, +2 CON raid filigree. Not sure after that but for now I dont have more room anyway.

Any advice is very welcome as I am a bit out of my normal comfort zone here
    Last edited by mikarddo; 03-03-2023 at 01:02 AM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Dwarf is a good option

you could also go PDK and switch fighter level out with a lesser +1. Gives you charisma hit and damage in PDK enhancements for 2aps. As well as Bastard Sword use for free. Use Divinity from Strahd. Perfect for a pally. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Divini...glord%27s_Goal

Feats: tower shield, all shield mastery’s. Toughness, shield deflection, defiec warding at minimum.

take these if you want an option to switch to DPS easily. You may not want to play a tank all the time, especially if there is another tank around. Gives you flexible ability to switch into either roll by switching enhancements and destiny points.
    Improved crit, overwhelming crit. PTHF, THFSpecialty. Get a great THF weapon like the following. https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Eidolon_of_the_Shadow

carry a tanking gear set as well as a DPS gear set.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery