Community Member

Default So lets talk about the new blightcaster archetype druid – a proposed build

I play my caster druid with 2 levels of monk and 1 level of wizard to get more ac and dodge.

The new blightcaster druid introduces some interesting things.

It seems from Strimtoms video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn_TnAU2xGA&t=91s that you still get 2*creeping cold and tsunami along with all the new spells and the spells specific for blightcaster.

So what I am thinking about is an acid/cold/force druid in hive master form. The split would still be 17/2/1 to gain dodge and some ac.

Over a normal druid splash you loose 20 prr/mrr from Natures protector and you might loose another 17 prr from elemental toughness depending on whether it works in hive master form or not.

So the spells I imagine this hybrid build to cast at endgame is acid well, tsunami, thorn wave, dragon breath (acid) for aoe. Then 2*creeping cold, word of balance, thorn lance, salt ray for single target. For cc we have (tsunami), greater color spray, burst of glacial wrath, earthquarke and maybe even throw in some ice storm and the new spell grasping roots.

The enhancements should be mainly in the new tree, then seasons herald, then feydark, then natures warrior, then ek for ac and monk for 20 prr. Not sure if there is enough action points though. Could go deep gnome getting color spray from here and then leave out feydark.

Over my current build this build would loose some prr and healing spells but gain more dps I think, permanent displacement and improved evasion.

What are your thoughts on this build and the new archetype in general? Any proposed builds you wanna try out?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    What are your thoughts on this build and the new archetype in general?
    Sounds complex. Why not just play an 18/1warlock/1 wiz, max threat reduction and max cdr with draconic mantle, sd, and magistar, and since you have no threat just spam ice flowers, heal, and mass regen. You don't have to worry about CC to keep the melee alive since you aren't melee and don't have aggro, and nothing but a few raid bosses will live long enough for DoT effects to matter, and even then you have a triple stack of draconic dot, which is good enough.

3 buttons > 15 buttons
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-20-2023 at 09:03 PM.

hruit set buffs cold/lightning/electric/positive.
    I'm able to put on items 35% spell critical damage to cold and force.
    21% force/cold lore items.
    +153 cold/force spell power items.
    dragonborn buffs 1 element.

I can't fit all those bonus in my equipment also for acid damage and I max evocation DC for earthquake while many new spells are conjuration based.

I'll see if I can fit some new spells available also in cold druid spell book.
    Last edited by Michele; 01-21-2023 at 02:34 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    just spam ice flowers, heal, and mass regen.
    Because Blightcaster doesn't get 2 out of those 3.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kpak01 View Post
    Because Blightcaster doesn't get 2 out of those 3.
    So basically it is like playing a bard without mass hold?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    So basically it is like playing a bard without mass hold?
    Not really, because Bards can heal better than Blightcasters.