Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mckennaric View Post
    Feats:
    15: Empower Healing (Heals are good, self heals are great)
    You may want to consider Maximize here instead of EH. EH costs less spell points, but provides less of a boost than Maximize. If you take the AA enhancement Soul Magic (+10 spell points for average of every 7 shots), you should not be running out of healing SP.

Epic Destiny:
    T2-Prism
    In a recent thread it was pointed out that many of the benefits from Prism (stat damage etc.) are kinda weak, esp in Epics. Stay Frosty, otoh, is effectively a huge boost to DPS, slowing targets down so you can kite with impunity while nickel-and-diming them in current Ranger fashion. And, overall, it frees up a couple AP.

In the end, if you group (and the group are all killers), then you don't have to worry as much about your own CC and can scrape for whatever small DPS boost Prism gives. But if you solo/duo, or you do PUG's and can't rely on your group to protect you, the CC that Stay Frosty gives is huge in self-preservation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    I like this build in general. Can you elaborate with some possible stats?

- General non-crit damage
    - Range of crit damage
    I'd be happy to give you whatever information you'd like. Are you wondering what the total damage is per shot if I just point at an enemy and click the mouse button once? Or like Do you want me to just go find a bag of HP and pop all my cool downs for a minute and see how much total damage is done? I just stepped into an EE Sharn Welcome and shot a couple arrows. Now I'm not actually level 30 at the moment so the numbers aren't a perfect representation of 30 but I'm close enough. The average arrow does a little over 1000 damage if its just a regular hit. And every shot fires 2 arrows minimum because doubleshot is over 100%. So if you just click the mouse you're doing about 2000 damage on average to whatever you're pointing at. Crits have a wide range on this build. It looked to me like the lowest critical hit I saw was around 3500 for a single arrow. Keep in mind that you always are firing 2 arrows. I'm not sure if both arrows always crit but it seems that way. High end critical hits are closer to the 20k mark per arrow. Those are the ones where you are using some of your abilities. I don't remember the highest critical I've seen using this guy ever. But it's probably around 30k+ for a single arrow. Now of course you can up those numbers by being level 30 and by using many shot and things like that.

Also keep in mind that these numbers are going to be lower against monsters that are immune to crits, or immune to your elemental damage, or have damage reduction. Or anything else like that. In my experience the damage is good enough to lead kill counts a lot of the time and is probably the highest bow damage that you can reasonably expect to achieve.

This was not done in a scientific manner. I jumped into Sharn Welcome on EE, pointed my mouse at the first room filled with people, shot them all dead while recording on my cell phone, went to the second group of people and did the same thing and then recalled and wrote this reply. If you want a more in depth and detailed damage breakdown where i actually spend more than 5 mins testing it I can probably do that. But it seems like most of the replies in this thread are along the lines of "Ranged rangers are dumb and not good" or "Have you considered making your guy like every other ranger out there and do more CC and drop your DPS to almost 0?" lol.

I hope this helps

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    You may want to consider Maximize here instead of EH. EH costs less spell points, but provides less of a boost than Maximize. If you take the AA enhancement Soul Magic (+10 spell points for average of every 7 shots), you should not be running out of healing SP.

In a recent thread it was pointed out that many of the benefits from Prism (stat damage etc.) are kinda weak, esp in Epics. Stay Frosty, otoh, is effectively a huge boost to DPS, slowing targets down so you can kite with impunity while nickel-and-diming them in current Ranger fashion. And, overall, it frees up a couple AP.

In the end, if you group (and the group are all killers), then you don't have to worry as much about your own CC and can scrape for whatever small DPS boost Prism gives. But if you solo/duo, or you do PUG's and can't rely on your group to protect you, the CC that Stay Frosty gives is huge in self-preservation.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't empower healing affect Rej Cocoon and maximize doesn't? Rej Cocoon is very strong and a big part of the builds healing so if Maximize doesn't affect it then it probably isn't worth it. If it does then it's something to consider and do the math on for sure.

Community Member

Default Non Burst DPS

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    I like this build in general. Can you elaborate with some possible stats?

- General non-crit damage
    - Range of crit damage
    So it's hard to come up with all the numbers because there are different scenarios. There is DPS normally. There is DPS with Manyshot active. And there is DPS fully buffed against a Favored Enemy with Manyshot flowing and being perfectly buffed. So just for people wondering what your normal DPS is going to look like without manyshot going you are looking at ~5500 damage per second with this build. With manyshot active it does more obviously. I don't think the range of crit damage is that useful because whats more important is sustained dps or burst dps. It's about 5500 sustained damage per second.

I am currently playing around with Shot on the Run now instead of a few feats like toughness since I am trying to get the maximum attack speed with a bow to see how that affects the damage per second. But this build as it stands is ~5500.

I will report back later once I've tested the average non burst DPS with Shot on the Run.

-Rich

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't empower healing affect Rej Cocoon and maximize doesn't? Rej Cocoon is very strong and a big part of the builds healing so if Maximize doesn't affect it then it probably isn't worth it. If it does then it's something to consider and do the math on for sure.
    Yes, empower healing is the only thing that boosts it. Quicken also make it non-interruptable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12