Default Gathering For Buffs™ Gen Con 2018 (Aug 2-5)

Official Gathering this year!

See Cord's announcement:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/497823-Attending-Gen-Con-or-in-the-Indianapolis-area-August-3rd-Let-s-Meet-Up!#post6115583

----------------------

Gen Con 2018 Badges On Sale January 14
    We hope that you're as excited for Gen Con 2018 as we are! Badge registration opens at noon (Eastern) on January 14 at www.gencon.com.

I am hoping to make the trip again this year for the Gathering, but have grave misgivings about the Gen Con folks and their latest price hike. 4-day badge last year was already up to $90, and this year has jumped to a ridiculous new high of $110! I personally believe they have jumped their shark with this one.

The Gathering has always been kinda fluid planning-wise, and sometimes has to roll with the flow depending on crowds and such. We have always managed to carve out a space somewhere where we can all share some drinks and gossip, and... well, drinks. The constant has always been the Friday night
    time slot, running from 8'ish to close on a come & go as you please basis.

I'll update this thread with Gen Con news as we go. Feel free to discus any plans to attend (or not being able to) as the year progresses.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 07-13-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Last year's location seemed pretty good, wonder if that is a possibility this year. I don't personally know if I will be going this year or not, but maybe. Between the badge and hotel cost it's pretty spendy.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Last year's location seemed pretty good, wonder if that is a possibility this year. I don't personally know if I will be going this year or not, but maybe. Between the badge and hotel cost it's pretty spendy.
    We might keep that in mind for a backup - or maybe see about rearranging the furniture off the wall.
    Collectibles

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

I don't personally know if I will be going this year or not, but maybe. Between the badge and hotel cost it's pretty spendy.
    Well, you have a week to decide before they sell out... *g*
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Default De

This is a definite maybe for me. I live in the area now, but don't know where I'll be come August. If I'm still close, I would love to attend a meet-up.

Community Member

Default Muscle tribe of excellance!

Myself and the other two guildmates Will be available again this year

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Badge sales begin in a week...

Gen Con 2018 Badges On Sale January 14
    We hope that you're as excited for Gen Con 2018 as we are! Badge registration opens at noon (Eastern) on January 14 at www.gencon.com.

I am hoping to make the trip again this year for the Gathering, but have grave misgivings about the Gen Con folks and their latest price hike. 4-day badge last year was already up to $90, and this year has jumped to a ridiculous new high of $110! I personally believe they have jumped their shark with this one.

The Gathering has always been kinda fluid planning-wise, and sometimes has to roll with the flow depending on crowds and such. We have always managed to carve out a space somewhere where we can all share some drinks and gossip, and... well, drinks. The constant has always been the Friday night
    time slot, running from 8'ish to close on a come & go as you please basis.

I'll update this thread with Gen Con news as we go. Feel free to discus any plans to attend (or not being able to) as the year progresses.

Community Manager

Stay tuned! It looks like we will be doing something official for a Friday, August 3rd 7-10pm Eastern meetup. I want the agreement signed and paid for before announcing more, but we verbally (email-ly?) have a confirmed space for the event. Similar to last year, it'll be for both DDO and LOTRO peeps, but will probably skew DDO.

No badge needed, so if you are in the area and want to stop by as well, that's cool! We'll have more info soon.
    Join us on Twitch!

Stay tuned! It looks like we will be doing something official for a Friday, August 3rd 7-10pm Eastern meetup. I want the agreement signed and paid for before announcing more, but we verbally (email-ly?) have a confirmed space for the event. Similar to last year, it'll be for both DDO and LOTRO peeps, but will probably skew DDO.

No badge needed, so if you are in the area and want to stop by as well, that's cool! We'll have more info soon.
    Very cool!

I was wavering whether to make the trip this year with other family things going on in August, but this would definitely tip the scales back the other way.

...still not buying a badge tho. Can get into the Auction room without one.
    Collectibles

Way cool news

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Updated the OP with news & link.
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Yup, we are officially Gathering for Buffs.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default My 2 sense

ok, I might make it up just to complain about my experiences with this game since inception and AC days going back to beta while crying in my beer.

I seriously don't see why nobody is marketing this game.

It is hilarious to go to the Wizards of the Coast site and see this game is only listed after you click the 'show more' button and shows only the base game listed as being published in 2007 with zero expansions, while that other D&D online game they push has a published date of last month (that would be their last patch).

I guess I should just be impressed someone is going to Gen Con, but some big brains at WoC or Hasbro are obviously more interested in selling games in China according to their websites and they are skipping Gen Con. Not surprising from the people that killed Advanced Squad Leader, the game they played at West Point Military Academy.

If I was with Standing Stones, I would seriously consider putting together a Tournament dungeon system and run it like the BattleTech Pods.

I should realize that I am almost 60 now, so I guess my gaming expectations are just to mature… You can never tell if the developers have made the next PalmPilot or IPhone until the marketing department fails.

Just saying…..