Default DDO Players Poll – Are You Enjoying The Night Revels Event?

We have a fun new poll this week. We want to know if you are enjoying the Night Revels event.

VOTE HERE

As always, any comments left on the post or here, MIGHT be used on the podcast next week!
    "Denn Die Toten Reiten Schnell"
    "For The Dead Travel Fast"

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Voted

Yes I'm enjoying it, but wish there was a raid and little more to do in the slayer.

Not really, but since I didn't expect to I can't say I'm disappointed in the least.
    Happy for those who are enjoying it, and in no way want to detract from their enjoyment. I just think it's been a very long time since DDO had an event worthy of the moniker of "special".
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

I like this better then the old one personally.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starla70 View Post
    I like this better then the old one personally.
    same. do miss Eternity though.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Not really, but since I didn't expect to I can't say I'm disappointed in the least.
    Happy for those who are enjoying it, and in no way want to detract from their enjoyment. I just think it's been a very long time since DDO had an event worthy of the moniker of "special".
    am disappointed in you Memnir! no great image! ;p But yes, been a long time. However the mechanics and lack of bone crushing soul sucking fun killing (notice themed comments here ;0 ) lag and new mechanics might mean more new and maybe even special on the way! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Yes I'm enjoying it, but wish there was a raid and little more to do in the slayer.
    I miss Eternity as well - and maybe some carnival games and trick'r'treating in Deleras? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post
    We have a fun new poll this week. We want to know if you are enjoying the Night Revels event.

VOTE HERE

As always, any comments left on the post or here, MIGHT be used on the podcast next week!
    Tactics make this fun! not too grindy – and doesn’t get boring. objection to the poll – highly slanted / skewed / spun against The Night Revels. 1 option positive 3 neutral to negative. If option was there for something more positive than a mere yes – would have given 2 thumbs up. Looking forward to more challenges next time, and non-expiring mats.

Yes I am.

It's nice to be able to participate in not only the graveyard, but also the dungeons. My system never could handle the dragon so this lets me experience more.

Would love to see a haunted house and some different NPC's next year.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draculetta View Post

VOTE HERE

Yea something different to do been running with friends it has been fun

Community Member

Not at all. Spawn rates are low/slow, key drops are abysmal and there is no gear that holds my interest. The quests are meh, being simple rushes to the end. No challenge, variety or even a chance of failure. I ran it just long enough to get what I needed to finish upgrading the wraps I've had in the bank for years, acquire one augment, then deleted the rest of my mats and moved on. To call it boring would require more effort than it deserves.

I enjoyed the participation in the event. I always give events a try and I also don't spend my whole time "working" them.

I was able to get the two augments that I set as a goal within the first 2 days of the event opening (Keep in mind I did spend 4 hours in the preview so it technically was 3 days)

Now I'm back to questing mainly, I do help out my guild for those that still enjoy playing it. Even giving away extra keys at the end of the night to help them out.

While I too enjoyed the Raid of Mabar. I did like that the running of the quests was more at the individual players pace then at the pace of turning in collectables.

Just so it is clear the groups I ran with ran until everyone had enough keys for a circuit of the Quests. Once all four were done back to farming keys for the next circuit. This allowed people to come and go and no one felt like they needed to hurry to get keys or left out because they didn't have any keys.

But what I like about the pace of the area is that it is casual (risk of death is low to none) enough that you can spend time talking to party/guild mates

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I thought the event was good and enjoyed the quests.
    However I couldn't find a reason to get excited about any of the loot. Rehashed Mabar gear that I farmed years ago and a couple of gizmos that will disappear in a month or two. The solar crafting was alright, but I rarely use random drop weapons, soooo that was a no go.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Yes, I enjoyed it. I agree with the others who say it is more enjoyable than the old mabar. I only had the chance to make a few runs because I've been moving. Egads, how does one accumulate so much junk? lol. Especially since I was basically on DDO 24/5 (work sat/sun) '09-'13?