Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Stuff you won't see in ship chests

Bound to Charecter (BtC) items and Bound to Account (BtA) items.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have made screen shots of my shared bank, some mules and such. I have a very high volume of awesome unbound items that you are not seeing. I only showed you the very tip of ice berg with the newest ship. Also, one player trash is another player treasure!

Another way to challenge yourself is to collect all the CiTW weapons and fully upgrade them. I have 2 toons that are almost done here. I got another that only needs to get the Ring of Deceit and shortsword from FoT and upgrade them and that toon will have all the FoT items. I'm closing in on a set of Epic Chrono items on another toon.

Perhaps someday I might find it fun to try and collect 1 of each named item in the game? Boo that allot of them are BtC or BtCoA (Bound to Char. on Aquire).

I'm totally down with the idea of a trophy case or book that I can scroll through and drop my raid and set items into for storage and to gloat over once I fill in the sheet or case with all the items from a particular raid or chain. It would also be cool if this was accessablie in the the ship, where it can be near the new guild storage and the Orein Express for conveiniance, so I don't have to go too far after questing/raiding to put an item in or take out to use.

What can I say? I want MOAR storage!

: ) )

And Mo Sharn too!
    EDIT ~ 1 FTP Epic quest? Make it level 30 and quasi raid-ish?
    Last edited by Livmo; 01-03-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Likewise a Guild Charter is 150 TPs. Three first time favor bonuses on different servers will get you a charter fast:

You can use the advice in this post without spending any RL money. It just takes longer. If you want to maximize the free in FTP, the web links above are worth reading and pondering.
    I have also found that friendly VIPs will create a guild for FREE with whatever name you like, promote you, and leave it. Just put a message in harbor chat or a big chat channel on the server and people tend to help out.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Treasure Hunter

Default Mind Blown Again on a Sat. Night!

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    I have also found that friendly VIPs will create a guild for FREE with whatever name you like, promote you, and leave it. Just put a message in harbor chat or a big chat channel on the server and people tend to help out.
    I've never been VIP before. Mind blown! Wow, I had this happen before a while back on the forums. That is a much better strategy. TYVM for sharing

Treasure Hunter

Default How to Farm Guild Renown Pots ~ Warning Involves Cannith Challenges :)

Foremost, here are some wiki links for those new to guild renown and challenges.

The Vaults of the Artificers challenge pack can sometimes go on sale for a deep discount. If you're premium, watch for deals. For those that already have access to Vaults of the Artificers, it can be farmed for Minor Guild Renown Elixirs to boost your renown output. Guild Storage I is at L19 and Guild Storage II at L50. Combined that is 180 slots of storage per ship not counting the old school chests.

To build up my treasure ships fast I like to run sagas. Once all my sagas are ready for turn in, I drink a guild renown pot and then turn them in. However, at various levels throughout the game you can farm quests for renown on the way from level 1 to 28. The Minor Guild Renown Elixirs are great for this as well.

It takes 150 non-epic ingredients from the Cannith Challenges to trade in for 1 Minor Guild Renown Elixir.

Here are some more challenge related DDO Forum links that you may find useful:

I personally like to make my challenge farmers out of iconics, but after playing warlock I might make a warlock based challenge farmer. DDoor is a great spell to have when running the challenges solo and/or with a group.

EDIT ~ BTW it's fairly easy to get more than 150 non-epic ingrediants in 1 run solo. However it's more fun to group and you get moar! Make it a guild night
    Last edited by Livmo; 09-21-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Shard Airship Amenities on the Cheap

A list of airship amenities that cost Astral Shards can be found on this DDO Wiki page, http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships.

I have another guild/treasure ship on the cusp of hitting level 50, which means I will want to upgrade my Guild Storage I (80 slots) to Guild Storage II (an additional 20 slots per chest for a grand total of 160).

I wanted to give a heads up that you don't have to pay full Astral Shard price for the shard amenities. There are some cheaper ways to get shard amenities. My personal favorite is getting guild ship amenity deeds from champion chests. I know a rare occurence for sure, but a great feeling when you pull one from a champ chest.

Another way to get amenity deeds on the cheap is from the Auction House and/or Shard Exchange when they are available. Use the list of amenities at http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships as a guide when shopping the auction houses. Why? Because some folks post deeds there for more than what you can get them for on your ship. The Guild Storage series gets cheaper as you go up in levels and NOT more expensive. Be a savy consumer and don't overpay. The goal is to come away cheap for your treasure ships.

Did you know that you can buy the deeds from the auction houses and store them until your guild(s) are high enough level to use them? Always keep an eye out for a deal. You never know what you'll find unless you look!

OK time for some screenies:

Storing deeds. I got these on the cheap from the auction houses for less than what they can be had for on the guild ship:

A sampling of what was available last night on my home server:

Another sampling screenie from last night:

OMG! Don't overpay! Guild storage goes down in shard price, not up when your guild levels. BUYER BEWARE, use list at http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships when shopping for amenities. The Guild Storage V upgrade is 15 shards on the ship when you hit guild level 150!

Here is another bad deal example from last night. Guild Storage II on ship is 125 shards for the upgrade when your guild hits level 50.

I had some items sell on the Shard Exchange and went shopping. Using the chart at http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships to compare what was available last night on the Shard Exchange, I made some bids:

If you are active in pursuing champ chests, you can get lucky and score a free deed sometimes. However, you can also check the auction houses under the Miscellaneous tabs to find some amenity deals to deeds on the cheap for your treasure ships.

On a side note, I've pulled 2 Cannith Crafting Hall deeds from champ chests and bought 3 off the auctions houses on the cheap. 5 out of my 7 treasure ships have Cannith Crafting Halls. Makes it easy to run down the hall of the ship and crunch stuff if I need to. I also have a crafter in each of the 7 guilds as well. It's nice to have other amenities on your treasure ships besides the guild storage.
    Last edited by Livmo; 12-23-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Hair Dye Chest Photo Update

Still hoarding:

Default our

Wow no wonder you are plat poor

4 Plat pay guild chests with 5 Portable Holes and 24 Adamantine ore as the only useful items in them. Rest is definitely vendor trash. Meaning you have plat.

Another pay guild chest 3 pots of invis and 16 mnemonic pots rest vendor trash

Another pay chest with a expeditous ring only useful item in it rest hair dye storage lmao

Is full of hair dye and candy canes

The rest of the chests are the same (all candy canes), but this one. It has the hair dye and that cool ring in the shot for when one of my lowbies needs to get out of Dodge fast! I don't know about you, but some of the lowbie Kobold Shamans and Archaic Skelitons shoot lightening and other bad stuff : ) ) I like to have the ring on demand. This guild has a few lowbies right now and I can pass it back and forth in the chest when I'm not using it on a particular toon.

BTW, if I desire to, I can easily move that ring into another ship/guild/group of toons by dropping into the Shared Bank. Of course you can mail the ring as well, but I tend blow plat as fast as I make it sometimes. It cost plat to send stuff via mail. Keep in mind that the storage gives you options. I can live with sending an item or 2 like this by mail. However, I've been stopped dead in my tracks from mailing something, because I was low on funds or on a new toon.

All those plat pay chests keep you broke for a expeditious ring truly sad use of funds.

OK first off it got a bit more challenging with the intro of champions. Which is good in my opinion. To create challenge for myself in general I like to start brand new toons at level 1. Basically I skip the Korthos Island altogether and break for the Harbor as soon as I can.

I like to wear stuff I find with a few exceptions like the ring on lowbie toons. The ring has been very helpful since the advent of champs. I solo without hires and some of the champs are tough to kill and spam lightening bolt among other bad things at me. The ring is useful to help me get away from a bad fight to re-group and counterattack. Think of running The Butcher's Path on Elite with champs under level with not all your gear slots full.

With all that junk how could you ever have a toon with gear slots that are not full......

You don't see them in the shot, but the clutch of lowbies in the guild are also using invis and feather fall ring clickies too. The only one that group is missing is jump. For some reason a while back I had a jump ring and it started to take damage and I bound and attuned it (some of my toons stay lowbie to farm renoun). My thought was I will get another one hahhahahaha, and haven't seen once since!

All of my clickie gear is BTA tossed all that and I only have Invis clickies in multiples who needs more than one jump clickie.

The ring helps the get away if you become overwhelmed by the dogs in Home Sweet Sewer. In that quest I like to aggro all the dogs and have them chase me back to the enterence in a pack. Also, I get the breakable bonus and can gleam some of the loot that drops from the barrels. Sometimes the dogs catch up and start nipping at your heels, literally : ) )

On a side note, the Harbor solo quests are easy to farm 1or 2 times for some plat and other lowbie gear if you start at 0 plat and items with the exception of the Grotto stuff, which isin't much. Sometimes I need plat for my repair bills and pots.

Fun is what you make it sometimes. There are many in the box and out of the box ways to challenge ones self in DDO and still have fun running the same old quests. I like the spicy that the champs brought to the game.

This is just my opinion and I'm fine with starting at 28 pt builds, but with the champs it may be wise to raise the bar and start all new toons at 32 point builds? Peeps brand new to the game might not feel as overwhelmed if they end up in an Elite TR zerg zerg LFM?

Treasure Hunter

Default Mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Mglaxix View Post
    Wow no wonder you are plat poor

4 Plat pay guild chests with 5 Portable Holes and 24 Adamantine ore as the only useful items in them. Rest is definitely vendor trash. Meaning you have plat.

Another pay guild chest 3 pots of invis and 16 mnemonic pots rest vendor trash

Another pay chest with a expeditous ring only useful item in it rest hair dye storage lmao
    You're mistaken. Look at the background behind the chests.

The new guild storage is purchased with shards and does not have to be renewed. I don't use the plat chests allot per see, only sometimes for deep storage. You can put stuff in the plat chest and let it expire and when you put that chest down again in the future, all the stuff will still be in there. I was using that as an example. I don't bother with the cargo hold anymore if I don't have to.

What you are looking at mostly is:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships

Guild Storage I Hold Room 19 150 Gain four storage chests. Two can be used by any guild members and two can only be used by Guild officers. Capacity 20 each chest.

Also if you watch the Shard Exchange, you can get the Guild Storage I for way less than 150 AS. I've got them as low as 10 AS off the Shard Exchange before. They appear under the Miscellanous section.

Make a storage guild and level it to 19 and then get chest off the Shard. That's 80 slots on the cheap

At level 50 you can purchase Guild Storage II which adds another 20 slots to each chest and now you have 160 slots that don't have to be renwed with plat. These cost 125 AS for the upgrade, but again get them on the cheap via the Shard.

EDIT:

You can get AS for free in the game from Monster Manuels. Sell stuff with those AS and bam, you have free AS to buy the perm. Guild Storage series.
    Last edited by Livmo; 07-29-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Hair Dye Update and about to hit another 50.

I'm thinking about using the Guild Storage II slots for Boxes of Chocolate after I hit 50 on this ship. I plan to add Boquets to this ship as well. It will be another consumable only ship (I have rare scrolls, pots, Ham, etc on other ships).

Treasure Hunter

Default A Shout Out to Challenge Farmers!

Because they also make great renoun farmers (Saga turn-ins, https://ddowiki.com/page/Saga).

C-Dog outlined a very nice example of Saga farming in this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6199016

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I did this, went to 50+(!) on my "main" storage ship for GS II, and 19 on 2 others. Level 19 is trivial* if you can run Sagas w/ a pot, and pots are free a few times/year.

(* Guild Level 19 is 342,950 Renown. The lowest level Saga (Lvl 4-7, which you can casually crush in less than 2 hours w/ an over-level character) will give you something like 140k renown w/ a +20% pot, so only 3 runs (or 1 run multiboxing two Level 4 pikers!). On a +50% Guild Bonus Weekend that's only 2 runs. Do one, wait for the weekend, turn it in and do another, done. And that includes room to lose 10% when that alt quits.)
    This crew's all trouble, but especially watch out for green hair (caster maniac):
    Last edited by Livmo; 04-04-2019 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Because my spelljing sucks.

Community Member

Great guide, well written and entertaining to read at times - lots of good tips here about a lot of things and I must say I'm impressed by your ingenuity and determination.

Having said that, the first impression I get from this guide is; This is how broken storage and inventory is in DDO - No player should have to go through all of this to get around the games inventory issues - even terminal hoarders. If DDO offered a workable solution to store all the **** we acquire ingame (and let's face it DDO has tons of shiny stuff that crows and hoarders can't resist, more so than any other game i've played) - then people like the OP could better channel their energy and ingenuity into more important endeavors - like curing cancer or inventing a perpetual motion machine - or at least developing a crispy taco shell that doesn't crack and explode taco guts on the first bite.

So my hats off to you sir or madame - Bravo for thinking out of the box and not being held back by the man..... This solution isn't for me - though I'm sure some others will find it useful, so thanks for your courage to share your affliction without apologies - somewhere -someone out there in DDO land is saying - I'm not alone, there are others out there like me - and will find comfort in the revelation, that my friend is a great service even if it just reaches one other foo... err - person.

Another thing that I reflect upon (and please don't take this harshly) when I see someone put this much effort into a digital world (and partly because it bothers me from time to time too) is: What happens to your soul when that eventual day comes (hopefully years and years from now) when DDO turns off the lights and all this - a virtual kingdom, with a standing army of 40 alts, a friggen armada and enough lootz to fund world war III - goes *BLINK* and dissipates into the nether?

I've been playing off and on (mostly on) for 12 years and have put a lot of time, effort and treasure (both real and virtual) into a handful of alts - and a few of them have became like my children; I'm always on the lookout for their best interest, dedicated to providing for their needs and do the best I can to make sure they want for nothing and have a full and meaningful ddo life - but this... this is some beyond the next level S***, my friend. I'll be sad and look back at my ddo time with fondness and nostalgia - but i'll survive the "empty nest" syndrome (I did with my PnP character that I played in one campaign every saturday night for 10 years and I survived 3 RL kids growing up and moving on) but I fear for you - do you have an exit plan? And no - it's doubtful that DDO code will become available to be put on a private server after close - they didnt with Asheron's call and they prolly wont (should say can't because of WotC) with DDO.

Anyways - get it while you can and don't forget to gather for buff - err - nevermind.

PS - My sentient gem would love to visit your ships.
    Last edited by MacRighteous; 04-05-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MacRighteous View Post
    Snip
    Thanks and you're spot on about the lights going out! All good things come to an end. I worry moar for others than myself, because I've been prepping for the darkness off and on for years. I view the money and time spent being akin to going out to the bar. I'm good there.

I do know I would miss the battle system and commaradarie. And of course my friends very much.

On a positive note, if DDO ever had Epic Airship Battles, I'd be able to start out with an armada of ships! The hoarding paid off big time when Sentient Weapons came out and I emptied a few ships to level multiple weapons.

I still hoard. Right now I'm really geeked on Philligrees.

Edit ~ I went and got a shot from my current backpack for funz.
    Last edited by Livmo; 04-06-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Treasure Hunter

Default Treasure Hunter Elixer and Jewel of Fortune (Another Brink in the Wall of Knowledge)

In this post Cocomajobo does an excellent job of explaining how the Treasure Hunter Elixer and the Jewel of Fortune affect Random LootGen. It's good to know if you're a hoarder (know what to auction v keep v sell v deconstruct).

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6193478

You may have noticed in my previous post I'm running both in the screenshot.

Hoard all the things! <3 Livmo
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Treasure Hunter

Exclamation Midwinter Snowball Deficiancy

What's the game plan for winter 2022-23?

The struggle is real!

Community Member

Stumbled on this thread while preparing for imports from HC server. Bravo!

(Been making a bunch of new accounts for storage and thinking about filing systems for toon names tonight)

How do you have your tabs set up across 6 ships?

On Thelanis I have a solo ship with Guild Storage 1 and Small Chest in Cargo hold
    Currently use the chests more for transferring gear than for long term storage, but ships as storage is very appealing.
    I have a few dedicated mules and find my current system confusing, thus the new accounts.
    Long term, working towards another 1-2 ships with Guild Storage 1 seems easier than levelling up my 1st solo guild to get max storage.

Originally the goal was to have a 'storefront' for Cannith Crafting orders, was inactive during a big update for that though and came back to a bunch of broken shards, lol

You need to hire more koblods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12