PDA

View Full Version : What will happen with the astral shards in the hardcore server?

Spellburst
09-23-2019, 05:50 PM
Supposedly, the character transfers will work completely normal. From the FAQ:

"Note that normal character transfer restrictions apply - shared bank items, guild airships, TR caches, etc will not transfer off the server."

Therefore, astral shards in the hardcore server will be locked there, as they are account wide and server locked. Right? Am I missing something? So astral shards in the hardcore server you don't use will be lost?

rabidfox
09-23-2019, 05:55 PM
Burn any leftovers on augments or whatnot just before the finals days of the server.

Silverleafeon
09-23-2019, 06:27 PM
I asked this before, no response so far.

If there is another season, then it has been said there will be a "data wipe".

Whether that is character only (which wipes all guilds since no leader = no guild), or everything (meaning shards begone)…
Lamania has character wipes but leaves ddo points (which are independent of other servers), and I think lama shards remain.
So...well...anyway, I just encourage my guildies not to purchase shards for our airships as I will do that for them.

Silverleafeon
09-23-2019, 08:03 PM
Either way, the shards are stuck on the hardcore server.

Memnir
09-23-2019, 10:06 PM
Spend them on something that will transfer before the server dies - or they will slip into the great digital beyond, I imagine.

LightBear
09-24-2019, 05:40 AM
Spend them on something that will transfer before the server dies - or they will slip into the great digital beyond, I imagine.

Mortality gotta feed off something to sustain I guess. ;)

cru121
09-24-2019, 07:59 AM
Burn any leftovers on augments or whatnot just before the finals days of the server.

Looking at the uses of AS (https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Astral_Shard#Astral_Shard_uses): get augments, gold seal (rogue?) hires, extra daily dice rolls, shop at Fingers the Fence, maybe get Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments or some old crafting ings...

Silverleafeon
09-24-2019, 09:21 AM
Looking at the uses of AS (https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Astral_Shard#Astral_Shard_uses): get augments, gold seal (rogue?) hires, extra daily dice rolls, shop at Fingers the Fence, maybe get Purified Eberron Dragonshard Fragments or some old crafting ings...

+1

Very nice list.

I am sitting on 400+ish shards atm, and I was going to leave them but the gold seal hires might be an interesting option.
Thanks.

Cordovan
09-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Your Astral Shard balance does not transfer with you during a character transfer, and your Shard balance will also not be preserved beyond the end date of the Hardcore League event. So, spend those Shards before the event ends on the Hardcore server.

Spellburst
09-24-2019, 04:09 PM
Thanks all for answering. Crystal clear... spend or lose.

SiliconScout
09-24-2019, 04:22 PM
I use them almost exclusively on chest re-rolls. The gear I pull will follow me, the shards will now.

Dark_Lord_Mary
10-09-2019, 02:13 PM
I still to this day do not understand why Astral Shards are not account-wide, regardless of what server you log into - I seems like a massive oversight and is very disrespectful to those people in the community spending real money to buy Astral Shards. The community supports SSG - SSG needs to support us by keeping things like Astral Shards from being deleted because they're taking a server down.