PDA

View Full Version : Help

Alisonique
10-11-2016, 05:09 AM
I have just returned to my fvs and having taken him out for a wander last night realised that .....he's just not very good at level.
He's a level 20 melee specced fvs , but although he has great survival potential, things just take soooooooo long to beat down.
Oh yes, human, longsword and shield, feels pretty , well, boring. I am obviously missing something. Help please. TYVM in advance

unbongwah
10-11-2016, 09:15 AM
As you've probably realized, S&B DPS is the weakest of all styles unless you have Vanguard or Swashbuckler PrE. Obviously, that's not an option for a pure FvS. LRing into a TWF build would help, but honestly Warpriest is too weaksauce to be viable in epics, IMO.

FYI, in the latest Producer's Letter, Severlin said Favored Soul improvements were coming soon. Looks like U33 will be all about monks (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479530-U33-complete-release-notes-(Deity-Feats-Monk-changes-nerf-to-Shining-Through-etc)), though, albeit with some new deity choices; so it'll probably be U34 or U35 when FvS gets buffed.

Alisonique
10-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Ty Ubongwah, appreciated that might be the case, but was hopeful of short term solution. TWF looks to be my best bet on a quick LR. TYVM.