PDA

View Full Version : Pure TWF Warpriest with Healing Build. Help!! 34 Pont Build.

Alex3000
10-13-2013, 04:09 AM
I want to build a TWF dps with healing that can only cast heals and buff. This is my first time to TR and never made GS or Alchemical items.
Need Help with the Whole Build - Stats,Skills,Feats,Enhancements etc. Will Change Race or take Classes if I have to. I am Willing to craft everything I need because I'm going for Completionist(gonna take straight 3 lives on each class). I'm planning to TR as soon as I get to Lv20.

Current Build Development-Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1
[Updated 11/10/2013]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Outline

Minimum Wisdom of 19 - for buff and heals
Minimum Dexterity of 17 - for TWF feats
One Cleric Past Life - Just for reference
+5 Tomes of All Stats Used. except Intelligence.

---Feats(For consideration)
TWF, Improved TWF, Greater TWF
Class(Cleric) bonus feat - Sovereign Host for Longswords
Power Attack. Cleave. Great Cleave
Empower Healing. Maximize. Empower. - For effective Burst.
Quicken - at endgame for quick heals.
Improved critical: Piercing
[Updated 11/10/2013]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Stats(Lv1 Base)
STR 16
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 8
CHA 16

#Planning to raise all in STR
[Updated 11/10/2013]

*Skills
Max UMD, Heal.
Didn't max Concentration as 1 point was left out at Lv20. So there is no partial point.
Rest in Balance.
2 points in Tumble to avoid Partial Points.
[Updated 11/10/2013]

@@@I have some questions that aren't still answered in the post so please take a look and also the builds I planned out so far.

firemedium_jt
10-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Are you taking it to epic or just doing completionist? You list a Cleric past life, so why are you doing Cleric again? or is this for the Cleric past life?

If you are going to melee mostly, and not cast then you do not need to be pure. If you are not going to cast then you do not need Elf. Elf is good for Rapiers and spell penetration. Pure Cleric gives you all the SLAs. Splashig gives you light or negative SLAs.

Splashing WIZ1 and FTR 2 are good for more feats and hence better melee. I like WIZ1 for melee actually. Now as a Cleric you need to get you Cleric lvl9 spells, so you should only splash 1 lvl till you get to CLR17. Also Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier increase your damage output alot. DP has no SR and no DC saves. BB has no SR save. So even with max and empower these are worth the damage output.

You want Improved Critical for melee ASAP which is level12 for a Cleric. Either slash or pierce depending on the weapons you use. Until lvl 12 you want keen on your Rapiers or Scimitar and Kukri (light) for TWF. These weapons have great critical ranges of 18-20 with keen is 15-20. Long sword is not as good until you get to lvl20 and can use Drow and Oathblades (18-20 critical).

Many Clerics that are pure only take one feat TWF. If you splash you can take the full line to Greater. You do not need oversize weapon feat. Just accept the penalty.

Why do you want to go TWF. THF is just as good now?

Feats:

You can take Power Attack early as a TWF, but until you get Accurracy items you will have to turn it on and off.

TWF (or THF then Power Attack)
Wiz1 maximixe
Emp Heal (this is too expensive at low lvl for cures. Good for Burst though)
Quicken (take at lvl9 for BB and DP)
Improved Critical (ML12)
Power Attack (or Empower)
(Empower)
Cleave

Then mix in depending on build Great Cleave/TWF line or THF line. If you are taking higher Dex to take TWF early you don't need to with the +4 Dex tome. TWF can wait till high lvl when +4 tome raises Dex to 17.

If you go THF then take Power Attack early.

You want the other feats for your burst healing.

Tier 4 on warprient smite for mass healing is nice. Until CLR6 I would get to it ASAP for mass healing. Once you get Radiant servent Burst your metas are free with it. It is worth it.

So is Aura. Warpriest tier five is not as good as Aura. IMHO Divine Power Tier 5 is not worth it to give up Aura for when you can just click a Diivine Power item ML7. But if you want other Tier 5 Warpriest enahancements you might as will take Divine Power. Aura save you a lot of sp, and makes healing much easier allowing you to save sp and melee more instead of casting healing spells. Aura increases your damage output by saving sp and swinging more often. You can use the saved sp for offensive spells like DP and BB.

For weapons you want:

low lvl Keen Rapiers, Scimitars, Kukri, Falchion
Mid lvl and with Improved Critical you want Paralyzers (ML10) and Cursespewing and Metalline of Pure Good/Bloodletter

The only melee feats you really need are TWF and Improved Critical (slash or pierce) or for THF Power Attack and Improved Critical Slash till level 18, so you can go Clr17/WIZ1 then take FTR2 for more feats.

WIZ1 is more powerful. You can cast Master's Touch on your weapon in your hand for Martial Proficiency. You can a meta feat early if taken at Character level2. You get wands and scrolls like stoneskin and displacement at lvl7. You also get Teleport scrolls for fast travel at ML7 (min level).

Alex3000
10-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Are you taking it to epic or just doing completionist? You list a Cleric past life, so why are you doing Cleric again? or is this for the Cleric past life?

If you are going to melee mostly, and not cast then you do not need to be pure. If you are not going to cast then you do not need Elf. Elf is good for Rapiers and spell penetration. Pure Cleric gives you all the SLAs. Splashig gives you light or negative SLAs.

Splashing WIZ1 and FTR 2 are good for more feats and hence better melee. I like WIZ1 for melee actually. Now as a Cleric you need to get you Cleric lvl9 spells, so you should only splash 1 lvl till you get to CLR17. Also Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier increase your damage output alot. DP has no SR and no DC saves. BB has no SR save. So even with max and empower these are worth the damage output.

You want Improved Critical for melee ASAP which is level12 for a Cleric. Either slash or pierce depending on the weapons you use. Until lvl 12 you want keen on your Rapiers or Scimitar and Kukri (light) for TWF. These weapons have great critical ranges of 18-20 with keen is 15-20. Long sword is not as good until you get to lvl20 and can use Drow and Oathblades (18-20 critical).

Many Clerics that are pure only take one feat TWF. If you splash you can take the full line to Greater. You do not need oversize weapon feat. Just accept the penalty.

Why do you want to go TWF. THF is just as good now?

Feats:

You can take Power Attack early as a TWF, but until you get Accurracy items you will have to turn it on and off.

TWF (or THF then Power Attack)
Wiz1 maximixe
Emp Heal (this is too expensive at low lvl for cures. Good for Burst though)
Quicken (take at lvl9 for BB and DP)
Improved Critical (MLF12)
Power Attack (or Empower)
(Empower)
Cleave

Then mix in depending on build Great Cleave/TWF line or THF line. If you are taking higher Dex to take TWF early you don't need to with the +4 Dex tome. TWF can wait till high lvl when +4 tome raises Dex to 17.

If you go THF then take Power Attack early.

You want the other feats for your burst healing.

Tier 4 on warprient smite for mass healing is nice. Until CLR6 I would get to it ASAP for mass healing. Once you get Radiant servent Burst your metas are free with it. It is worth it.

So is Aura. Warpriest tier five is not as good as Aura. IMHO Divine Power Tier 5 is not worth it to give up Aura for when you can just click a Diivine Power item ML7. But if you want other Tier 5 Warpriest enahancements you might as will take Divine Power. Aura save you a lot of sp, and makes healing much easier allowing you to save sp and melee more instead of casting healing spells. Aura increases your damage output by saving sp and swinging more often. You can use the saved sp for offensive spells like DP and BB.

For weapons you want:

low lvl Keen Rapiers, Scimitars, Kukri, Falchion
Mid lvl and with Improved Critical you want Paralyzers (ML10) and Cursespewing and Metalline of Pure Good/Bloodletter

The only melee feats you really need are TWF and Improved Critical (slash or pierce) or for THF Power Attack and Improved Critical Slash till level 18, so you can go Clr17/WIZ1 then take FTR2 for more feats.

WIZ1 is more powerful. You can cast Master's Touch on your weapon in your hand for Martial Proficiency. You can a meta feat early if taken at Character level2. You get wands and scrolls like stoneskin and displacement at lvl7. You also get Teleport scrolls for fast travel at ML7 (min level).

I'm also going for epic as well as completionist. I'm doing Cleric again because I will take each class straight 3 times and get completionist at the end. This is not for Cleric Past Life, I just listed it for reference.

I am going to melee and heal all the time so I will not be using any cleric spells except buff and heals. This means I don't need maximize and Empower feat.

You said I don't the Oversized TWF feat so you think I should use my off-hand weapon as light?
Isn't it better to take more damage by wielding longswords or other non-light weapons than ligh weapons? Is it worth it to lose the Oversized TWF feat?

Is THF much better than TWF these days? I just wanted to take TWF as it looks kinda cool and I thought it would still be better than THF. I would change to THF if it is better for warpriest.
Power attack is a must have for THF?

Feats

I don't think I need Maximize or Empower or Quicken feat as I won't be using any offensive spells.
For the quicken feat, do you think it is efficient for fast heals and raid healing? I've been playing a pure healer quite a long time, which is the toon I will TR into warpriest, most of the when I used the quicken feat for heals it's likely the players who aren't very good at playing the class and will be wiped out eventually even though I gave all the fast heals I can. I mean wiped out by dying because of one or two quick instant crtical hit so even with quicken it's too slow a lot of the time.

TWF - I want to take this feat as fast as I can so I'll have to go for high DEX at start.
Do I only need TWF and Improved Critical? What about Improved and Greater TWF??

Positive Aura/Burst

I don't think it would be good to take the positive aura as I have used it a lot of times but unable to heal a lot of amount to party members(over 300 positive spell power) and I have found that most of them don't even put their healing amplification items or other things that will increase the heals they receive. I think it's a waste and won't get tier 5 enhancements on warpriest. Also I think Positive Energy Burst isn't worth it as it really doesn't heal a lot and I will consider if I have any points left in the enhancement tree.

I thought I don't need the master's scroll touch for martial weapons if I'm going to take levels in fighter.
What you are saying about the order for levels is Cleric 17/Wis 1/Fighter 2?
What Race should I take?

firemedium_jt
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm also going for epic as well as completionist. I'm doing Cleric again because I will take each class straight 3 times and get completionist at the end. This is not for Cleric Past Life, I just listed it for reference.

I am going to melee and heal all the time so I will not be using any cleric spells except buff and heals. This means I don't need maximize and Empower feat.

You said I don't the Oversized TWF feat so you think I should use my off-hand weapon as light?
Isn't it better to take more damage by wielding longswords or other non-light weapons than ligh weapons? Is it worth it to lose the Oversized TWF feat?

Is THF much better than TWF these days? I just wanted to take TWF as it looks kinda cool and I thought it would still be better than THF. I would change to THF if it is better for warpriest.
Power attack is a must have for THF?

Feats

I don't think I need Maximize or Empower or Quicken feat as I won't be using any offensive spells.
For the quicken feat, do you think it is efficient for fast heals and raid healing? I've been playing a pure healer quite a long time, which is the toon I will TR into warpriest, most of the when I used the quicken feat for heals it's likely the players who aren't very good at playing the class and will be wiped out eventually even though I gave all the fast heals I can. I mean wiped out by dying because of one or two quick instant crtical hit so even with quicken it's too slow a lot of the time.

TWF - I want to take this feat as fast as I can so I'll have to go for high DEX at start.
Do I only need TWF and Improved Critical? What about Improved and Greater TWF??

Positive Aura/Burst

I don't think it would be good to take the positive aura as I have used it a lot of times but unable to heal a lot of amount to party members(over 300 positive spell power) and I have found that most of them don't even put their healing amplification items or other things that will increase the heals they receive. I think it's a waste and won't get tier 5 enhancements on warpriest. Also I think Positive Energy Burst isn't worth it as it really doesn't heal a lot and I will consider if I have any points left in the enhancement tree.

I thought I don't need the master's scroll touch for martial weapons if I'm going to take levels in fighter.
What you are saying about the order for levels is Cleric 17/Wis 1/Fighter 2?
What Race should I take it?

Ok so you have played Cleric before. So you know what you are giving up. Now how did you play your Cleric before? Was it a caster that hanged back? As a melee Aura might help more on the front lines. Maybe toons will put on healing amp if they see you in there with your Aura. I think it helps healing a lot.

Now if you really want a melee Cleric you may want to look at Half Orc. If you have vet status and a character slot I would say you should build one with THF or even TWF.
I build vet builds to play around with all the time. Sometimes I just build one as a blueprint to see what is available. It is easier than using the web only.

So you are not taking any Tier 5 enhancements then? Which then?

Why do you have your heart set on not casting? Do you run with a static group? You want some versatility if not. So I still have to recommend Maximize atleast.

Quicken is a must have on a melee Cleric, so your spells work. You will be getting hit more. Quicken is a must for use of Heal and Mass Heal. Quicken is good at level 9. You are not going to use Blade Barrier? Are you serious?

I know you do not want to cast offensive spells, but if there is too much healing in the group you really should offensive cast. Your melee dps will not be as good as pure melees and offensive spells close that gap.

What enhancements are you going to take?

For melee Cleric you can take any race if you are not pure. If you stay Pure Cleric TWF you probably want Elf. If you will not offensive cast there are not too many reasons then to stay pure. Will you use all the light and dark SLAs????

And like my sig says about healing amp ;)

Alex3000
10-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Ok so you have played Cleric before. So you know what you are giving up. Now how did you play your Cleric before? Was it a caster that hanged back? As a melee Aura might help more on the front lines. Maybe toons will put on healing amp if they see you in there with your Aura. I think it helps healing a lot.

Now if you really want a melee Cleric you may want to look at Half Orc. If you have vet status and a character slot I would say you should build one with THF or even TWF.
I build vet builds to play around with all the time. Sometimes I just build one as a blueprint to see what is available. It is easier than using the web only.

So you are not taking any Tier 5 enhancements then? Which then?

Why do you have your heart set on not casting? Do you run with a static group? You want some versatility if not. So I still have to recommend Maximize atleast.

Quicken is a must have on a melee Cleric, so your spells work. You will be getting hit more. Quicken is a must for use of Heal and Mass Heal. Quicken is good at level 9. You are not going to use Blade Barrier? Are you serious?

I know you do not want to cast offensive spells, but if there is too much healing in the group you really should offensive cast. Your melee dps will not be as good as pure melees and offensive spells close that gap.

What enhancements are you going to take?

For melee Cleric you can take any race if you are not pure. If you stay Pure Cleric TWF you probably want Elf. If you will not offensive cast there are not too many reasons then to stay pure. Will you use all the light and dark SLAs????

And like my sig says about healing amp ;)

I played my cleric only as a healbot so it was just a healer that hangs back in fights.

For Tier 5 Enhancements, I would take Wrathful Weapons, Magic Backlash and Divine Intervention.(I referred to one of the warpriest enhancement guide in the forum)

This is just an Enhancement planner if I would put fighter levels in my Warpriest build. For the race I think human would be good for extra feat.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 20 Lawful Good Human Male
(2 Fighter \ 18 Cleric)
Hit Points: 349
Spell Points: 1274
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 15
Will: 13

Level 20 (Fighter)
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Dexterity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Attack Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Dexterity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Dexterity (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Dexterity (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Emissary of Light (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Points (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Points (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Points (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Healing Domain (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Pacifism (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Burst (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - War Domain: Haste (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Burden of Sin (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Burden of Sin (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Burden of Sin (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Magic Backlash (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Magic Backlash (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Magic Backlash (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Intervention (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Kensei Focus: Light Blades (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Kensei Weapon Specialization: Light Blades (Rank 1)

I just wanted to make this build simple so I don't want this build to have any casting ability. Also on my Pure Healbot Cleric which is a 28 point build, offensive casting weren't really good because it's either the mobs success on their saves or I'll only get to do a little bit of damage. All the feats(offensive) I had was Greater Spell Penetration. This build was taken from the path called The Font of Healing. Maybe it was because this build was a healbot but I doubt even though I cast offensive spells on 34 point build, It won't be much of big difference(Just my thought. I couldn't find any post in the forum how effective they are in offensive casting) Anyway if I was to go for effective offensive casting, I would go for a pure build of that and it might work well. I also heard the cleric's spell casting ability isn't as good as wizards before.

I don't run a static group but most of the time there are casters in the group who do their job so It would kinda be a waste for me to cast. The same thing goes for light and dark SLAs or other offensive cast. I have found that most of the dps aren't really good enough so I think I would play a bigger role in dps unless they know what they are doing.

Yes, I think I should take quicken as you said but I won't be using blade barrier unless it goes well with the Wapriest build.

Maatogaeoth
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm currently playing with a version of this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418510-Silverdance-Advanced-TWF-Cleric-Build

I went drow for purely cosmetic choices. You can be any race you want just pick up Silver Flame cleric feat as it gives Longsword proficiency. Plus, they can get really buffed with the warpriest enhancements.

I picked up 2x longswords with red augment slot. Crafted them up as I went along with whatever I needed for damage. Put a devotion augment in one, put something else in the other depending on what kind of spells you want to use.

With Warpriest, I took all the diety weapon bonuses. My current weapons count as +10 holy weapons, one with devotion and the other with impulse. With the spellcasting augment, they both (redundant) count as spell casting weapons, so I'm picking up +30 implement bonus to spells as well.

I went T5 warpriest for the permanent Divine Power. Getting permanent +6 str and fighter attack bonus is huge to my already tight gearing requirements.

I don't like the healing aura, but the bursts are very nice.

I don't have a spot in my gear right now to crank DC's, but I've been able to insta-kill most everything on heroic elite so far. Sitting about just past 1/2-way thru level 18.

axel15810
10-15-2013, 10:19 AM
That's a monster of a post but a few things I noticed -

You're going to take 3 lives in each class?!? Really?!? Do you understand how long that will take? For most people probably years. You really think you're going to grind that out? You'll likely find yourself burnt out after several lives. Do yourself a favor and do 1 life of each class and get completionist first. Also, what do you want this character's final life to be? It's likely a better idea to just forget completionist entirely and get relevant past lives instead.

I'd go Human for the feat and healing amp. Horc and Dwarf is ok as well, but IMO human is the best. Elf using favored weapons with scimitar is not a bad choice either if going full out TWF warpriest, but still I'd go human...that heal amp and feat is too much to pass up.

Oversized TWF is not essential

There's not reason to go pure on a melee cleric unless it's for flavor. The capstone is garbage and you are feat starved. IMO the best builds for melee clerics are 17 cleric/ 2 fighter / 1 wizard if you want arcane wands and a lot of feats or 17 cleric / 2 pally / 1 fighter if you want maximum surivability.

You talk about not taking Quicken or Maximize. You must have quicken to heal raids, as cast time for mass heal is much too slow without it. You also need quicken so you can heal yourself and others without getting interrupted and you can quicken your bursts/aura for free. Maximize also boosts all your bursts/aura and even though you will have garbage DCs you will want to maximize Divine Punishment, which is very useful while leveling. Not much so after lvl 20 now with the epic destinies. If you are a solo only player you could possibly do without maximize but I'd still advice against it.

Don't go lawful good unless you splash pally. True neutral is best, you'll be immune to extra damage types.

Also, even though your DCs are garbage, Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier are still great spells. DP has no save and BB is still wonderful for kiting and soloing, even if your bad DCs cause it to only hit for half damage. All that means is you have to kite longer than the DC based clerics, doesn't make it useless.

Aura is amazing for a melee cleric because you're constantly standing by the melees who benefit from it. Strongly consider it instead of T5 Warpriest. IMO T5 Warpriest is not even near worth giving up aura. Aura and bursts should be your bread and butter for healing, spell points shouldn't need to be touched unless you're on a raid or an emergency situation. This is another reason Maximize is so important...it can be applied to aura/bursts for free.

In your build, do not max STR at character creation. Stop at 16. 6 build points for 1 rank of STR is too expensive. I'd put it in CHA instead. Remember divine might has changed so that it last 2 minutes and adds your CHA modifer to STR. Plus more turns is always great.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Panzermeyer
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes this build is a great build mixing casting and melee [https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418510-Silverdance-Advanced-TWF-Cleric-Build]

For casting all your DC's are going to be based off your wisdom. In the build you plan out yes your DC's will suck and you won't land a lot.

Pick a weapon type and go with that. If you are Elf or Drow I'd likely go with Rapiers and Daggers, IE piercing weapons. If you go with something else, then longswords are fine, but then stick with slashing weapons. Being feat starved melee I would not recommend mixing weapon types because you are going to be reducing your damage output over time. And if you are not going to be casting then you need higher damage output.

If you are looking to only melee with some healing, splash. Otherwise I would not recommend gimping your casting so much. Destruction, implosion, BB, Energy Drain, Divine Punishment will all end up doing as much or more damage than your melee, thus increasing you the effectiveness of your melee.

But honestly based on what you are describing it sounds like you want a half orc favored soul rather than a cleric.

firemedium_jt
10-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Str16 +2 tome plus level ups gives Overwhelming Critical Str23.

Since he does not want to cast.

Alex3000
10-16-2013, 02:59 AM
I'm currently playing with a version of this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418510-Silverdance-Advanced-TWF-Cleric-Build

I went drow for purely cosmetic choices. You can be any race you want just pick up Silver Flame cleric feat as it gives Longsword proficiency. Plus, they can get really buffed with the warpriest enhancements.

I picked up 2x longswords with red augment slot. Crafted them up as I went along with whatever I needed for damage. Put a devotion augment in one, put something else in the other depending on what kind of spells you want to use.

With Warpriest, I took all the diety weapon bonuses. My current weapons count as +10 holy weapons, one with devotion and the other with impulse. With the spellcasting augment, they both (redundant) count as spell casting weapons, so I'm picking up +30 implement bonus to spells as well.

I went T5 warpriest for the permanent Divine Power. Getting permanent +6 str and fighter attack bonus is huge to my already tight gearing requirements.

I don't like the healing aura, but the bursts are very nice.

I don't have a spot in my gear right now to crank DC's, but I've been able to insta-kill most everything on heroic elite so far. Sitting about just past 1/2-way thru level 18.

I have seen this build before. It looks impressive but I was thinking more of a dps and heal build. And I can't check if it still will be good after the update.

Yeah, I would like to use the deity weapon bonus. Did you dual wield longswords? So you have Oversized TWF right? Did you change something with the build other than the Enhancements?

You can get the Divine Power spell at low lv. Is it because of spell points?

So are you doing some good dmg and able to cast easily like wiz? I mean other than insta-kill, spells like fear or hold monster something like that.

What kind of gear did you use? (would like to know what you used on each lv xD )

Alex3000
10-16-2013, 03:43 AM
That's a monster of a post but a few things I noticed -

You're going to take 3 lives in each class?!? Really?!? Do you understand how long that will take? For most people probably years. You really think you're going to grind that out? You'll likely find yourself burnt out after several lives. Do yourself a favor and do 1 life of each class and get completionist first. Also, what do you want this character's final life to be? It's likely a better idea to just forget completionist entirely and get relevant past lives instead.

I'd go Human for the feat and healing amp. Horc and Dwarf is ok as well, but IMO human is the best. Elf using favored weapons with scimitar is not a bad choice either if going full out TWF warpriest, but still I'd go human...that heal amp and feat is too much to pass up.

Oversized TWF is not essential

There's not reason to go pure on a melee cleric unless it's for flavor. The capstone is garbage and you are feat starved. IMO the best builds for melee clerics are 17 cleric/ 2 fighter / 1 wizard if you want arcane wands and a lot of feats or 17 cleric / 2 pally / 1 fighter if you want maximum surivability.

You talk about not taking Quicken or Maximize. You must have quicken to heal raids, as cast time for mass heal is much too slow without it. You also need quicken so you can heal yourself and others without getting interrupted and you can quicken your bursts/aura for free. Maximize also boosts all your bursts/aura and even though you will have garbage DCs you will want to maximize Divine Punishment, which is very useful while leveling. Not much so after lvl 20 now with the epic destinies. If you are a solo only player you could possibly do without maximize but I'd still advice against it.

Don't go lawful good unless you splash pally. True neutral is best, you'll be immune to extra damage types.

Also, even though your DCs are garbage, Divine Punishment and Blade Barrier are still great spells. DP has no save and BB is still wonderful for kiting and soloing, even if your bad DCs cause it to only hit for half damage. All that means is you have to kite longer than the DC based clerics, doesn't make it useless.

Aura is amazing for a melee cleric because you're constantly standing by the melees who benefit from it. Strongly consider it instead of T5 Warpriest. IMO T5 Warpriest is not even near worth giving up aura. Aura and bursts should be your bread and butter for healing, spell points shouldn't need to be touched unless you're on a raid or an emergency situation. This is another reason Maximize is so important...it can be applied to aura/bursts for free.

In your build, do not max STR at character creation. Stop at 16. 6 build points for 1 rank of STR is too expensive. I'd put it in CHA instead. Remember divine might has changed so that it last 2 minutes and adds your CHA modifer to STR. Plus more turns is always great.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Yes I am going to take 3 lives in each class or take a life in other class that is similar to previous life. The reason why I thought about this, is that I'll eventually have empty slots in the end and to stop grinding for items I need. I'm not sure I'll be able to not get exhausted through all of the lives but I'll just go for completionist at the end(not really important to me ATM). I didn't decide this toon's final life but I think it would be caster since I'll have to use all of my dps weapons efficiently.

If I go for elf, you think I should use scimitars instead of longswords? I just thought about going fully Pure Cleric as I will be able to cap the core abilities and Tier 5. Also I would get a bit more SP. This is not for flavor, I just wanted to know how the Warpriest build would go well only on cleric levels.

Since I wanted this build to be a fully dps build and also maximum survivability as you said, I think 17 Cleric/2 Pally/1 Fighter would be nice. I don't get how an arcane wand would be useful to warpriest if u take Wiz lv1.

Yes, as I said before I will take the quicken feat maybe near lv20. I'm not sure Maximize will do any good unless I go for a caster mixed build.

I didn't know True Neutral were immune to extra dmg. I think it's the best alignment for this build. xD

Can you tell how kiting would do any good to a warpriest? It would even take too long to kill them with Blade Barrier. Plus the dps in the party wouldn't be able to attack properly. Also I'm not intending to solo and never done soloing. I just like having a full party and take an easy run.

Well I would take burst only as I need to spend too much points on Tier5 Positive aura and there is no guarantee of the dps in PUG group will not take a significant amount of dmg done by normal mobs. I've seen too many of em just getting killed by normal mobs when I fought beside them with my aura on and gave heals(Quicken on) but they all get wiped out by critical damage. Which is why it wasn't even worth it to play a healbot build and there's hardly a reward for healing.

For my burst, maybe I should spend some points on Charisma but I'm not sure whether taking Divine Might would do better as It will only be 2 or 4 points high right? And as a dps and heal only build, I'm not sure how that will fit. But having more turn would be great.

Alex3000
10-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Yes this build is a great build mixing casting and melee [https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/418510-Silverdance-Advanced-TWF-Cleric-Build]

For casting all your DC's are going to be based off your wisdom. In the build you plan out yes your DC's will suck and you won't land a lot.

Pick a weapon type and go with that. If you are Elf or Drow I'd likely go with Rapiers and Daggers, IE piercing weapons. If you go with something else, then longswords are fine, but then stick with slashing weapons. Being feat starved melee I would not recommend mixing weapon types because you are going to be reducing your damage output over time. And if you are not going to be casting then you need higher damage output.

If you are looking to only melee with some healing, splash. Otherwise I would not recommend gimping your casting so much. Destruction, implosion, BB, Energy Drain, Divine Punishment will all end up doing as much or more damage than your melee, thus increasing you the effectiveness of your melee.

But honestly based on what you are describing it sounds like you want a half orc favored soul rather than a cleric.

I don't get what you mean by the first sentence that "In the build you plan out yes your DC's will suck and you won't land a lot".

How can i do higher damage output?

Well I just thought of this build as there are wizards in the party who would do the role of casting.

Alex3000
10-16-2013, 05:04 AM

(2 Fighter \ 18 Cleric)
Hit Points: 371
Spell Points: 1064
Reflex: 15
Will: 13

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Base Stats Modified Stats
(34 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Strength 8 12 14
Dexterity 18 27 28
Constitution 16 20 21
Intelligence 14 18 18
Wisdom 10 14 14
Charisma 8 12 12

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15

Base Skills Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20) (Level 20)
Balance 6 20.5 20.5
Bluff -1 1 1
Concentration 5 27.5 29.5
Diplomacy -1 1 3
Disable Device n/a n/a n/a
Haggle -1 1 1
Heal 2 24.5 26.5
Hide 4 9 9
Intimidate -1 1 1
Jump 3 25 25
Listen 0 2 2
Move Silently 4 9 9
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 2 4 4
Search 2 4 4
Spellcraft 2 4 4
Spot 0 2 2
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 6 18.5 18.5
Use Magic Device -1 1 1

Level 1 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+2)
Skill: Concentration (+2)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Skill: Jump (+4)
Skill: Tumble (+2)
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Cleric
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
Feat: (Human Bonus) Weapon Finesse

Level 2 (Fighter)
Skill: Balance (+0.5)
Skill: Concentration (+0.5)
Skill: Heal (+0.5)
Skill: Jump (+1)
Skill: Tumble (+0.5)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Quick Draw

Level 3 (Cleric)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Jump (+0.5)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Deity) Favored by the Silver Flame

Level 4 (Cleric)
Ability Raise: DEX
Skill: Concentration (+3)

Level 5 (Cleric)
Skill: Heal (+3)

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)
Skill: Jump (+1.5)

Level 9 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Cleric)
Skill: Tumble (+1)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Vitality (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Burden of Sin (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)

Here is a build with a splash that you guys advised. What do you think?

I took 2fighter lvs first then cleric. I added weapon finesse so that I won't have to spend points on STR. So I only have of choice of using Rapier/Shortsword,Dagger,Light Pick.

Took Maximize feat for the burst. You may think some of the feats aren't really good to take but I don't know what else would be good.

Do you think I should have put cleric lvs first? (I would have to wait till lv18 if I do this)

For the Alignment I think it depends on the gear in the game. Have no clue about it yet. But there's only one good alignment weapon so I'll guess it's True Neutral?
[Edited]

*I adjusted the build into by taking 1 Cleric lv first then two Fighter levels then the rest in Cleric. Do you think this would be more effective?

(2 Fighter \ 18 Cleric)
Hit Points: 349
Spell Points: 1274
Fortitude: 21
Reflex: 17
Will: 15

Strength 8 12 12
Dexterity 18 27 28
Constitution 16 20 20
Intelligence 14 18 18
Wisdom 10 14 14
Charisma 8 12 16

Tomes Used

Balance 6 20 20
Bluff -1 3 3
Concentration 7 28 30
Diplomacy -1 3 5
Haggle -1 3 3
Heal 4 25 27
Hide 4 9 9
Intimidate -1 3 3
Jump 1 24 24
Listen 0 2 2
Move Silently 4 9 9
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 2 4 4
Search 2 4 4
Spellcraft 2 4 4
Spot 0 2 2
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 6 20 20
Use Magic Device -1 3 3

Level 1 (Cleric)
Skill: Balance (+2)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Skill: Heal (+4)
Skill: Jump (+2)
Skill: Tumble (+2)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Empower Healing Spell
Feat: (Deity) Favored by the Silver Flame

Level 2 (Fighter)
Skill: Jump (+3)

Level 3 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Finesse

Level 4 (Cleric)
Skill: Heal (+3)

Level 5 (Cleric)
Skill: Balance (+1)

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Sacred Touch (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Sacred Touch (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Power (Rank 1)

axel15810
10-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Here’s my 2 cents –

Going Weapon Finesse may not be a great idea because you still use STR for your damage rolls when using Weapon Finesse. So unless you are giving up on DPS and only going for support melee using paralyzers or something of that sort don’t go that route. And if you were to put that many points into DEX for a high reflex save cleric, you should definitely take advantage of it by splashing 2 levels of monk or rogue to get evasion. 17 cleric/ 2 rogue/ 1 fighter or 17 cleric/ 2 monk/ 1 fighter would both be interesting builds if you want to go that route.

Unless you want a unique evasion/high reflex cleric type of build (which I think would be really cool and totally viable by the way) it’s likely best to do as most do and focus on STR, CON and CHA on your melee cleric and put all your levelups in STR.

Only take 17 levels of cleric, that’s all you need for mass heal. 18th level of cleric does very little for a melee cleric. If you’re adamant about the 2 fighter levels, then I recommend taking 1 wizard level to get an extra feat. As a bonus you’ll also be able to use blur, stoneskins wands and have a chance at teleport scrolls.

Quick draw is nice but not necessary, dump it. Pick up power attack, it is a must if you’re doing for DPS. Also toughness is kind of meh…not bad but not that great anymore. More HP is always good so it’s ok to keep. If going for DPS the cleave, great cleave and overwhelming crit line is amazing. Might be hard to fit in on a TWF cleric though.

If I were you I’d only splash 1 level early, probably fighter. That way you get your spells and your enhancement abilities sooner. 1 level is all you need for proficiencies, haste boost, ect.

If going with a 17 cleric / 2 fighter/ 1 wizard build I’d go -

lvl 1 – cleric
lvl 2 – fighter
lvls 3-18 cleric
lvl 19 fighter
lvl 20 wizard

Or you could take the wizard level at 2 instead of fighter and gain the wand abilities and use master touch spell for weapon proficiencies. I don’t do this because I hate casting masters touch all the time, it is really annoying to me.

And I’d go True Neutral unless there’s a certain piece of gear you really want to use that requires a certain alignment (and if you splash monk you have to be lawful neutral or lawful good, and for pally splash you have to be lawful good) The reason is there are spells like Unholy Blight for example that does extra damage to certain alignments. So if you are neutral you aren’t affected as much. But isn’t a make or break trait at all, overall alignment doesn’t matter much but if you are neutral you’ll take less damage in certain situations.

Panzermeyer
10-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't get what you mean by the first sentence that "In the build you plan out yes your DC's will suck and you won't land a lot".

How can i do higher damage output?

Well I just thought of this build as there are wizards in the party who would do the role of casting.

Cleric DC's are based on wisdom. If you have a dumped wisdom then your DC's are not going to be very good at the higher levels. So your Command/Greater Command won't land, most everything will save for only half damage versus your blade barrier, things will save against you destruction/implosion and so forth.

So you need as a Cleric to decision to go one route or the other. If you are going full melee and dump wisdom don't really bother trying to be much of a caster. If you are going full wisdom, don't put too much effort into your melee cause then you will end up with both melee and casting gimped.

Make sense?

Chewysc
10-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Unless you want a unique evasion/high reflex cleric type of build (which I think would be really cool and totally viable by the way) it’s likely best to do as most do and focus on STR, CON and CHA on your melee cleric and put all your levelups in STR.

It is certainly viable and lots of fun... for me.

I run a 17clr/2mnk/1rog (based on the old Valiance build) that's Wis based. I'm certainly not the top of kills in a group (leave that to the Shiradi Sorcs) but add a lot of support and versatility with Stunning Fist of up to 64 in content up to EH and blindess from dual-weilding Celestia's for EE stuff.

Add to that, unlock chests and doors, disable most traps in older EE content and can self buff with GH scrolls, Blur 10 and Shield 10 wands.

With TWF, Smite Weakness is excellent as you can get that 20% extra damage in very quickly and maintain it easily which is awesome for boss fights.

My reflex is between 54 and 64 depending on which destiny I run in.

Throw the occasional heal and everybody loves you or laughs at you while you unlock doors in the middle of spinning blade traps (EE Von5) or are the only "melee" toon to stay nose to nose with EE Velah during her fire breath.

18th level of cleric does very little for a melee cleric.

Yup, still holds true even after the enhancement updates.

Panzermeyer
10-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Here is a build with a splash that you guys advised. What do you think?

I took 2fighter lvs first then cleric. I added weapon finesse so that I won't have to spend points on STR. So I only have of choice of using Rapier/Shortsword,Dagger,Light Pick.

Took Maximize feat for the burst. You may think some of the feats aren't really good to take but I don't know what else would be good.

Do you think I should have put cleric lvs first? (I would have to wait till lv18 if I do this)

Honestly if what you want to do is mainly fight, and only buff and heal with a dumped wisdom then I would start off with the following stats. Alot of what Alex said holds true.

34 pt build
Str 17
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 8

Level ups into Str will give you overwhelming critical.

For feats I would go with the following (not in order)
There are 7 1-20 lvl feats, 1 bonus human and 2 fighter for 10 feats.

Empower Healing
Quicken
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
IC: Piercing
GTWF
Maximize

You will have to pick up the TWF line later as your dex won't hit the needed number till 7th lvl. So take it at 9th. IC: Pierc at 12, and the rest afterwards. Play around with the planning to figure out what when.

Definitely drop the mental toughnesses cause you are not going to be doing a ton of casting. You'll get more mileage focusing more on melee.

Fighter levels will give you martial feat so you can use whatever you want. But stick with piercing weapons after you get IC. Scimitars and go slashing. Up to you.

I would take at least the first fighter level early on to get PA and cleave and martial feats. The second could be taken later as needed once you hit the requirements for various feats. Maybe the 2nd at 7th lvl when your dex hits 15 for TWF for example.

axel15810
10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
It is certainly viable and lots of fun... for me.

I run a 17clr/2mnk/1rog (based on the old Valiance build) that's Wis based. I'm certainly not the top of kills in a group (leave that to the Shiradi Sorcs) but add a lot of support and versatility with Stunning Fist of up to 64 in content up to EH and blindess from dual-weilding Celestia's for EE stuff.

Add to that, unlock chests and doors, disable most traps in older EE content and can self buff with GH scrolls, Blur 10 and Shield 10 wands.

With TWF, Smite Weakness is excellent as you can get that 20% extra damage in very quickly and maintain it easily which is awesome for boss fights.

My reflex is between 54 and 64 depending on which destiny I run in.

Throw the occasional heal and everybody loves you or laughs at you while you unlock doors in the middle of spinning blade traps (EE Von5) or are the only "melee" toon to stay nose to nose with EE Velah during her fire breath.

Yup, still holds true even after the enhancement updates.

That sounds like a really fun build. This thread has gotten me thinking of how fun a clogue would be. Maybe I'll roll a dex based 17 cleric / 3 rogue and take weapon finesse feat and the dagger in the back enhancement from the assassin tree (lets you use DEX for damage as well as to hit w/ weapon finesse) to build a dex based cleric. Evasion, traps, locks, healing, melee... :D Sounds fun.

Alex3000
10-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Here’s my 2 cents –

Going Weapon Finesse may not be a great idea because you still use STR for your damage rolls when using Weapon Finesse. So unless you are giving up on DPS and only going for support melee using paralyzers or something of that sort don’t go that route. And if you were to put that many points into DEX for a high reflex save cleric, you should definitely take advantage of it by splashing 2 levels of monk or rogue to get evasion. 17 cleric/ 2 rogue/ 1 fighter or 17 cleric/ 2 monk/ 1 fighter would both be interesting builds if you want to go that route.

Only take 17 levels of cleric, that’s all you need for mass heal. 18th level of cleric does very little for a melee cleric. If you’re adamant about the 2 fighter levels, then I recommend taking 1 wizard level to get an extra feat. As a bonus you’ll also be able to use blur, stoneskins wands and have a chance at teleport scrolls.

Quick draw is nice but not necessary, dump it. Pick up power attack, it is a must if you’re doing for DPS. Also toughness is kind of meh…not bad but not that great anymore. More HP is always good so it’s ok to keep. If going for DPS the cleave, great cleave and overwhelming crit line is amazing. Might be hard to fit in on a TWF cleric though.

If I were you I’d only splash 1 level early, probably fighter. That way you get your spells and your enhancement abilities sooner. 1 level is all you need for proficiencies, haste boost, ect.

If going with a 17 cleric / 2 fighter/ 1 wizard build I’d go -

lvl 1 – cleric
lvl 2 – fighter
lvls 3-18 cleric
lvl 19 fighter
lvl 20 wizard

Or you could take the wizard level at 2 instead of fighter and gain the wand abilities and use master touch spell for weapon proficiencies. I don’t do this because I hate casting masters touch all the time, it is really annoying to me.

And I’d go True Neutral unless there’s a certain piece of gear you really want to use that requires a certain alignment (and if you splash monk you have to be lawful neutral or lawful good, and for pally splash you have to be lawful good) The reason is there are spells like Unholy Blight for example that does extra damage to certain alignments. So if you are neutral you aren’t affected as much. But isn’t a make or break trait at all, overall alignment doesn’t matter much but if you are neutral you’ll take less damage in certain situations.

I have put all the stats into DEX as I thought it will save me some stats by taking Weapon Finesse but I have just known that STR is still used for dmg rolls :(

I have some interest on the Clonk or Clogue build as it has high reflex but I want to finish this build and see if it can do any good as a dps and healer.
Are there a lot of quest that need high reflex other than the blue dragon room in Gianthold Tor EE? (My healbot had reflex 14 and it was a pain in the ass)

Anyway I only planned this build up to Lv20, I don't know what feats should I take at Epic Lvs.
I'm not sure if the feats are in the right order. Also I have one extra feat left - Empower. <-I think this is the best choice for the remaining feat.

The lever order you have told me, is it the best order?

Made a Planner based on your build.

Level 20 True Neutral Human Male
(2 Fighter \ 17 Cleric \ 1 Wizard)
Hit Points: 345
Spell Points: 1016
BAB: 14\14\19\24
Fortitude: 20
Reflex: 11

Strength 18 27 30
Dexterity 14 18 18
Constitution 16 20 20
Intelligence 10 14 14
Wisdom 8 12 12
Charisma 8 12 14

Tomes Used

Balance 3.5 15 15
Bluff -1 2 2
Concentration 7 28 28
Diplomacy -1 2 2
Haggle -1 2 2
Heal 3 24 24
Hide 2 4 4
Intimidate -1 2 2
Jump 4 17 17
Listen -1 1 2
Move Silently 2 4 4
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 2 2
Search 0 2 3
Spellcraft 0 2 2
Spot -1 1 2
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 2.5 4.5 4.5
Use Magic Device -1 2 2

Level 1 (Cleric)
Skill: Balance (+1.5)
Feat: (Deity) Favored by the Sovereign Host
Feat: (Human Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Cleric)
Ability Raise: STR

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell

Level 19 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 20 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Saves Boost (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Cleansing (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Cleansing (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Awareness (Rank 1)

For the Wiz spells, I took Jump, Tumble, Mage Armor, Shield, Merfolk's Blessing.
+4 stat tomes all used.

Alex3000
10-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Cleric DC's are based on wisdom. If you have a dumped wisdom then your DC's are not going to be very good at the higher levels. So your Command/Greater Command won't land, most everything will save for only half damage versus your blade barrier, things will save against you destruction/implosion and so forth.

So you need as a Cleric to decision to go one route or the other. If you are going full melee and dump wisdom don't really bother trying to be much of a caster. If you are going full wisdom, don't put too much effort into your melee cause then you will end up with both melee and casting gimped.

Make sense?

Yes but I already said in the previous posts I won't be casting spells except heals and buff. Anyway I've dumped a bit of INT based on the stats you told me as I don't really have a lot of skills to spend on. I also put Wiz levels. It was based on Axel's build.

For all the other ppl, plz see my previous post in this thread as I have some questions that aren't answered. Some of them were edited.

Alex3000
10-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Honestly if what you want to do is mainly fight, and only buff and heal with a dumped wisdom then I would start off with the following stats. Alot of what Alex said holds true.

34 pt build
Str 17
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 8

Level ups into Str will give you overwhelming critical.

For feats I would go with the following (not in order)
There are 7 1-20 lvl feats, 1 bonus human and 2 fighter for 10 feats.

Empower Healing
Quicken
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
IC: Piercing
GTWF
Maximize

You will have to pick up the TWF line later as your dex won't hit the needed number till 7th lvl. So take it at 9th. IC: Pierc at 12, and the rest afterwards. Play around with the planning to figure out what when.

Definitely drop the mental toughnesses cause you are not going to be doing a ton of casting. You'll get more mileage focusing more on melee.

Fighter levels will give you martial feat so you can use whatever you want. But stick with piercing weapons after you get IC. Scimitars and go slashing. Up to you.

I would take at least the first fighter level early on to get PA and cleave and martial feats. The second could be taken later as needed once you hit the requirements for various feats. Maybe the 2nd at 7th lvl when your dex hits 15 for TWF for example.

This is based on what you told me to do but I adjusted a bit. I got my fighter lv at lv2 and at lv 15(for IC:Piercing and Greater TWF).

Maxed out STR and raised DEX to 15 so that I can use TWF feat quickly. Dumped INT to 10 as I'm not sure if I need that many points for my skills.
You said I should go for DEX 13 but I'm not sure whether it will fit with the build you advised me.
Please use the Character Planner as it helps..

(2 Fighter \ 18 Cleric)
Hit Points: 329
Spell Points: 1037
Reflex: 12
Will: 14

Strength 18 27 30
Dexterity 15 19 19
Constitution 15 19 19
Intelligence 10 14 14
Wisdom 8 12 12
Charisma 8 12 14

Tomes Used

Balance 3.5 15 15
Bluff -1 2 2
Concentration 6 27 27
Diplomacy -1 2 2
Haggle -1 2 2
Heal 3 24 24
Hide 2 4 4
Intimidate -1 2 2
Jump 4 20 20
Listen -1 1 2
Move Silently 2 4 4
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 2 2
Search 0 2 3
Spellcraft 0 2 2
Spot -1 1 2
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 2.5 4.5 4.5
Use Magic Device -1 2 2

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 2 (Fighter)

Level 3 (Cleric)

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Fighter)
Skill: Jump (+3)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Cleric)

axel15810
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
I have put all the stats into DEX as I thought it will save me some stats by taking Weapon Finesse but I have just known that STR is still used for dmg rolls :(

I have some interest on the Clonk or Clogue build as it has high reflex but I want to finish this build and see if it can do any good as a dps and healer.
Are there a lot of quest that need high reflex other than the blue dragon room in Gianthold Tor EE? (My healbot had reflex 14 and it was a pain in the ass)

Anyway I only planned this build up to Lv20, I don't know what feats should I take at Epic Lvs.
I'm not sure if the feats are in the right order. Also I have one extra feat left - Empower. <-I think this is the best choice for the remaining feat.

The lever order you have told me, is it the best order?

Made a Planner based on your build.

Strength 18 27 30
Dexterity 14 18 18
Constitution 16 20 20
Intelligence 10 14 14
Wisdom 8 12 12
Charisma 8 12 14

Tomes Used

Balance 3.5 15 15
Bluff -1 2 2
Concentration 7 28 28
Diplomacy -1 2 2
Haggle -1 2 2
Heal 3 24 24
Hide 2 4 4
Intimidate -1 2 2
Jump 4 17 17
Listen -1 1 2
Move Silently 2 4 4
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 2 2
Search 0 2 3
Spellcraft 0 2 2
Spot -1 1 2
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 2.5 4.5 4.5
Use Magic Device -1 2 2

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Cleric)

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)

Level 19 (Fighter)

Level 20 (Wizard)

For the Wiz spells, I took Jump, Tumble, Mage Armor, Shield, Merfolk's Blessing.
+4 stat tomes all used.

Oh I forgot to mention in my other post that 17 cleric/ 3 rogue is an option if you want to go the weapon finesse/evasion route. The lvl 3 assassin enhancement “dagger in the back” lets you use DEX for damage rolls for any weapon included in the Weapon Finesse feat. So essentially you can use DEX for both attack and damage if you have Weapon Finesse and the DITB enhancement. I'm planning a fun clogue build around this for myself right now.

Build looks fine for the most part. However, stop at 16 on STR, 6 points for 1 rank of STR is too expensive. Put more points in CHA for better Divine Might and more turns.

Your feats look fine but don’t bother taking Maximize so early. It’s too expense as far as SP required to be useful early on, take it later. Personally I’d take cleave earlier, I find it very useful for low levels.

Reflex saves are very important, they’re very useful as they let you take less spell damage in a lot of situations.

Your level order is fine. There’s no “best” order. Taking a wiz level early is very popular, as is taking a fighter level. Some will take all their splash levels after they get their aura at cleric level 12. Some delay it to the end because they want to get their higher level spells as soon as possible. It just depends on what you want to do.

Panzermeyer
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Your level order is fine. There’s no “best” order. Taking a wiz level early is very popular, as is taking a fighter level. Some will take all their splash levels after they get their aura at cleric level 12. Some delay it to the end because they want to get their higher level spells as soon as possible. It just depends on what you want to do.

Taking a wizard level is no longer very popular. In the old enhancement pass taking a level of wizard gave you a magic feat and +40 spell power for your blade barriers. With the new enhancements you can no longer get the spell power from the enhancements. So the wizard level is only giving you a free feat.

Does not provide much utility it seems.

Panzermeyer
10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
This is based on what you told me to do but I adjusted a bit. I got my fighter lv at lv2 and at lv 15(for IC:Piercing and Greater TWF).

Maxed out STR and raised DEX to 15 so that I can use TWF feat quickly. Dumped INT to 10 as I'm not sure if I need that many points for my skills.
You said I should go for DEX 13 but I'm not sure whether it will fit with the build you advised me.
Please use the Character Planner as it helps..

I would probably change the human adapability to con rather than str. That would even out your Con and give you 20 more hit points. I am not sure the numbers, but I would likely drop the str from war priest line so I end up with a 28 str rather and 30. Use those other points in something else. I am sure there is lots of goodness, but if you are looking for stats in enhancements, maybe the other human adaptability to dex to even that out as well for the reflex save. But I wouldn't worry about that too much without evasion your reflex saves are never really going to be meaningful enough to put much effort into that/ And get a cha boost from one of the cleric lines to even that out.

Of course this depends on your gear as well. If you are going to run around with the Purple Dragon Knight guantlets at a +7 str then ending up with an odd number str is fine. Same with Con. You will know this better based on your gear.

I just think you will get more utility out of 20 hit points than a +1 to hit and damage. While you have great self healing, you do want to sit at around at least 500 hit points so you can survive a disintegrate or something like that.

axel15810
10-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Taking a wizard level is no longer very popular. In the old enhancement pass taking a level of wizard gave you a magic feat and +40 spell power for your blade barriers. With the new enhancements you can no longer get the spell power from the enhancements. So the wizard level is only giving you a free feat.

Does not provide much utility it seems.

I'm aware of the changes but if you're taking 2 fighter levels for 2 extra feats as the original poster suggested it's still the best choice to splash a wizard level for a 3rd extra feat and arcane wands as an 18th level of cleric gives you almost nothing. 17 cleric/ 2 fighter/ 1 wizard is still really strong. I'm personally liking 17 cleric / 2 pally / 1 figher more for epic content these days since saves are so weak on the 2 fighter / 1 wizard build.

Alex3000
10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh I forgot to mention in my other post that 17 cleric/ 3 rogue is an option if you want to go the weapon finesse/evasion route. The lvl 3 assassin enhancement “dagger in the back” lets you use DEX for damage rolls for any weapon included in the Weapon Finesse feat. So essentially you can use DEX for both attack and damage if you have Weapon Finesse and the DITB enhancement. I'm planning a fun clogue build around this for myself right now.

Build looks fine for the most part. However, stop at 16 on STR, 6 points for 1 rank of STR is too expensive. Put more points in CHA for better Divine Might and more turns.

Your feats look fine but don’t bother taking Maximize so early. It’s too expense as far as SP required to be useful early on, take it later. Personally I’d take cleave earlier, I find it very useful for low levels.

Reflex saves are very important, they’re very useful as they let you take less spell damage in a lot of situations.

Well the Clogue or Clonk build seems interesting.

I adjusted the STR for 16 and CHA for 14. Also took Divine Might as you said and changed the feat order.
I just want this warpriest build to do dps as quickly as possible effectively.

Strength 16 25 28
Dexterity 14 18 18
Constitution 16 20 20
Intelligence 10 14 14
Wisdom 8 12 12
Charisma 14 18 20

Tomes Used

Balance 3.5 15 15
Bluff 2 5 5
Concentration 7 28 28
Diplomacy 2 5 5
Haggle 2 5 5
Heal 3 24 24
Hide 2 4 4
Intimidate 2 5 5
Jump 3 16 16
Listen -1 1 1
Move Silently 2 4 4
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 2 2
Search 0 2 2
Spellcraft 0 2 2
Spot -1 1 1
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble 2.5 4.5 4.5
Use Magic Device 2 5 5

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Power Attack

Level 2 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave

Level 3 (Cleric)

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)

Level 19 (Fighter)

Level 20 (Wizard)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 3)

Does my Int stat seem to be too high? I only need Heal, Concentration, Balance. I just didn't know where to put the other points so I put it on Jump. Maybe UMD is better.

Alex3000
10-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm aware of the changes but if you're taking 2 fighter levels for 2 extra feats as the original poster suggested it's still the best choice to splash a wizard level for a 3rd extra feat and arcane wands as an 18th level of cleric gives you almost nothing. 17 cleric/ 2 fighter/ 1 wizard is still really strong. I'm personally liking 17 cleric / 2 pally / 1 figher more for epic content these days since saves are so weak on the 2 fighter / 1 wizard build.

Up to how much saves does the pally class give? What's the advantage of taking a paladin class compared to the 2fighter/1wiz build?

Seems that I would be short on one feat slot if I go for pally.

Are you talking about the Revisited Titan build in the forum?

Also I would like to know how it works well in EE content.

Alex3000
10-25-2013, 11:01 AM
I would probably change the human adapability to con rather than str. That would even out your Con and give you 20 more hit points. I am not sure the numbers, but I would likely drop the str from war priest line so I end up with a 28 str rather and 30. Use those other points in something else. I am sure there is lots of goodness, but if you are looking for stats in enhancements, maybe the other human adaptability to dex to even that out as well for the reflex save. But I wouldn't worry about that too much without evasion your reflex saves are never really going to be meaningful enough to put much effort into that/ And get a cha boost from one of the cleric lines to even that out.

Of course this depends on your gear as well. If you are going to run around with the Purple Dragon Knight guantlets at a +7 str then ending up with an odd number str is fine. Same with Con. You will know this better based on your gear.

I just think you will get more utility out of 20 hit points than a +1 to hit and damage. While you have great self healing, you do want to sit at around at least 500 hit points so you can survive a disintegrate or something like that.

I forgot I had to consider the stats for my gears. Thx :)

Well for End game up to lv28 - I think it has a +10 STR item but as far I know STR with gears woul be evened. +8STR +1 Exceptional +3 Insight Bonus = 12
It's the same for up to lv20 which I planned the gears so far but nearly done with it. +7STR +1 Exceptional +2 Insight Bonus = 10

Well can you give me some suggestion on Enhancements? I just don't seem to find anything useful that I haven't selected and took some reference on Enhancement review in the forum.

Also I have some question on Lv7 and Lv13 items as there is an item set that gives me +2dmg and +2dmg/hit but would it better to abandon if I have a better item like Spectral Gloves/Minos Legens or GS whatever it is for better survivability and for use on a lot of occasions.

Panzermeyer
10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Well can you give me some suggestion on Enhancements? I just don't seem to find anything useful that I haven't selected and took some reference on Enhancement review in the forum.

Enhancements really always depends on how you want to play.

The Warpriest tree is for fighting.
The Divine Disciple is for casting, which splashing you are going to be losing out a t bit on anyway end game, so likely not much here.
Radiant Servant is for healing.

Stalwart Defender is best with a S&B which you are not doing.

Some points in Kensei will get you +3 to your tactics DC's

Definitely get healing amp in the human tree. At least tier one, the next teir if you spend enough points in human. I often going with the fighting styles in human cause they are pretty good actually.

Based on your combat desire, I'd spend most in Warpriest. Get the Smite lines. The Teir 4 addition to smiting ability using TWF will allow you to heal yourself and your part fairly well in combat. Divine Might is a must.

Invest a bit into Radiant Servant to get at least Bursts. But you could be viable spending most points here to get the Aura as well, and then the rest in the Warpriest line. The Teir 4 smiting Healing is well well worth it, however I think you only need like 20 points in the tree to get it. So spending the 30ish to get Aura, then some in the human tree and some in warpriest tree.

Also I have some question on Lv7 and Lv13 items as there is an item set that gives me +2dmg and +2dmg/hit but would it better to abandon if I have a better item like Spectral Gloves/Minos Legens or GS whatever it is for better survivability and for use on a lot of occasions.

Spectral gloves are good cause they boost your dex. Being in combat GS Con Opp item for getting SP and HP back would be super helpful. Minos Legnes use to be a staple for mid level, and some high level. But with U19 it is really easy to slot both HP and Fort in other gear. So all depends on your gear.

I have found Heroic content has gotten easier, so I don't both a ton with gear on Heroic levels till much later. Particualrly if you are not spending a ton of time at a particular level range. I just don't find it worht it farming out gear that I end up casting off in a few days anyway. So as far as Heroics go use what you can get your hands on and suits you.

You are going to want the highest stat items possible for all but intelligence. Which can cause headaches unless you have a good crafter. But yes that will include a cha item for additional turns to power bursts/aura/turning/divine might.

If you go piercing the Turbulent Epee is a great rapier DR breaker. Only thing that comes to mind at the moment.

Panzermeyer
10-25-2013, 12:11 PM

You will want a high devotion item for your healing. The Shamanic Fetish from GH does come to mind.

Also if you are doing this as a second lifer, you could get the Master's Gift. Get your voice, the mantle of the worldshaper, 5 greater tokens of the twelve and crunch them together to get a ML1 colorless augment that gives you +5% XP. That way you can always slot it in your gear and not worry about having to swap it in.

axel15810
10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Up to how much saves does the pally class give? What's the advantage of taking a paladin class compared to the 2fighter/1wiz build?

Yes, I'm talking about the Radiant Titan build posted in another thread on the Cleric board. If you have 2 paladin levels your CHA modifier is added to your saves. That's the big advantage of the 2 pally / 1 fighter. The downside of it compared to 2 fighter / 1 wiz is that you lose 2 feats and can't use low level arcane wands/scrolls.

In my opinion 2 figher/ 1 wiz is somewhat better DPS because you can take 2 additional melee feats. However, your saves suffer badly which is why I personally think 2 pally / 1 fighter is the way to go if you plan on running epic elite.

Panzermeyer
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Two adds your cha modifier to your saves, across the board. Which can be a huge boost. If you have a high charisma. Seems based on your build you are going to have a what 8base + 4tome + +8item (reasonable) = 20 cha. For what +5 bonus across the board to saves.

For the newest epic elite content you either want mid 50+ saves, or basically don't spend a ton of effort on it.

But Ellis demonstrates that he solos the older EE content not worrying about saves, in the Silverdance build I posted earlier.

Generally speaking I go for saves over feats whenever possible, that is why I always run force of personality on my sorcs. Given that your build doesn't have anything save worthy boosting (evasion, high will saves, etc) on this build I might go with not focusing on saves and skip the pally splash.

Alex3000
10-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Enhancements really always depends on how you want to play.

The Warpriest tree is for fighting.
The Divine Disciple is for casting, which splashing you are going to be losing out a t bit on anyway end game, so likely not much here.
Radiant Servant is for healing.

Stalwart Defender is best with a S&B which you are not doing.

Some points in Kensei will get you +3 to your tactics DC's

Definitely get healing amp in the human tree. At least tier one, the next teir if you spend enough points in human. I often going with the fighting styles in human cause they are pretty good actually.

Based on your combat desire, I'd spend most in Warpriest. Get the Smite lines. The Teir 4 addition to smiting ability using TWF will allow you to heal yourself and your part fairly well in combat. Divine Might is a must.

Invest a bit into Radiant Servant to get at least Bursts. But you could be viable spending most points here to get the Aura as well, and then the rest in the Warpriest line. The Teir 4 smiting Healing is well well worth it, however I think you only need like 20 points in the tree to get it. So spending the 30ish to get Aura, then some in the human tree and some in warpriest tree.

Spectral gloves are good cause they boost your dex. Being in combat GS Con Opp item for getting SP and HP back would be super helpful. Minos Legnes use to be a staple for mid level, and some high level. But with U19 it is really easy to slot both HP and Fort in other gear. So all depends on your gear.

I have found Heroic content has gotten easier, so I don't both a ton with gear on Heroic levels till much later. Particualrly if you are not spending a ton of time at a particular level range. I just don't find it worht it farming out gear that I end up casting off in a few days anyway. So as far as Heroics go use what you can get your hands on and suits you.

You are going to want the highest stat items possible for all but intelligence. Which can cause headaches unless you have a good crafter. But yes that will include a cha item for additional turns to power bursts/aura/turning/divine might.

If you go piercing the Turbulent Epee is a great rapier DR breaker. Only thing that comes to mind at the moment.

I already put all the enhancements that you just told me. You can check it on the build I planned some hours ago.

Somehow I was already thinking of getting cannith crafted items for high stats, well I know a crafter who has nearly maxed all the levels.

I already found all the named rapiers and shortswords but kind of working which one should be used at certain situations and levels. Also the combinations.

Alex3000
10-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Yes, I'm talking about the Radiant Titan build posted in another thread on the Cleric board. If you have 2 paladin levels your CHA modifier is added to your saves. That's the big advantage of the 2 pally / 1 fighter. The downside of it compared to 2 fighter / 1 wiz is that you lose 2 feats and can't use low level arcane wands/scrolls.

In my opinion 2 figher/ 1 wiz is somewhat better DPS because you can take 2 additional melee feats. However, your saves suffer badly which is why I personally think 2 pally / 1 fighter is the way to go if you plan on running epic elite.

Well currently I am trying to get the items I need but I don't think I will go for EE as I only intended this build for up to lv20 so that I can TR again and do EE later when I have some past lives that can help.

So for the 2 fighter/1 wiz build you recommended, will it work well on all Heroic Elite quests?

axel15810
10-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Well currently I am trying to get the items I need but I don't think I will go for EE as I only intended this build for up to lv20 so that I can TR again and do EE later when I have some past lives that can help.

So for the 2 fighter/1 wiz build you recommended, will it work well on all Heroic Elite quests?

Yep, works great.

Alex3000
10-29-2013, 08:35 AM
So here's my gear for each Lv I've checked on all named items on Wiki.

What do you think it's more important to a Warpriest. More Health or Hit/Dmg?
If I do pick up hit/dmg set over Health will it give a big diffrence with having those gears on? Considering I have the best gear for my Rapier/Shortsword.

I've picked up Insightful STR+2 on my Warprist Tod Ring. Do you think it's ok?

#The Items marked as ALTERNATIVE means that I am unsure whether to take this or that item on.

Lv1

GateWarden's Girdle - Fortitude save+2, Light Fortification
Anger's Step- Jump+3,+2 bonus hit SET
Anger's Wrath-STR+1,Res+1 SET
Berserker Bracers- DR1/
Witchdoctor's Mantle-Will save+2, +20 SP
Goggles of Insight- Attack Bonus+1
Cannith Wis+2 Helm
Cannith STR +2 Ring
Cannith CON+2 Ring
Cannith DEX+2 gloves
Cannith Blindness Immunity Trinket

Heal Mod - +50sp Cannith Trinket/Devotion 36 Cannith Ring

Featherfall- Ring of feathers

Lv3

Philarlan Mirror Cloak-Spell Resistance 17
Cannith Wis+3 Helm
Cannith STR+3 Ring
Cannith CON+3 Ring
Cannith DEX+3 Gloves
Cannith Moderate Fortification Belt

Turns- Cannith Charisma +3 Cloak

Heal Mod- Devotion +42 Cannith Ring/+75 Cannith Trinket

lv4
Ring of the Stalker- Seeker+1 With Cannith STR+3 Ring
ALTERNATIVE<Rock Boots-Lesser Stone Prison Guard

*Cast myself Bull's Strength and Bear's Endurance.

lv5
Cannith +2 attack bonus goggles
Cannith CON+4 Ring with Ring of the Stalker
+6 STR Ioun Stone
Mask of Comedy

Heal Mod-Mask of Comedy/+6 Wisdom Ioun Stone/ +200 SP IounStone

Turns- Charisma+4 Cannth Cloak

Lv7
Cannith Heavy Fortification Belt
Bracers of the Claw - Con+2 SET
Gloves of the Claw-STR+3,SET Bonus +2 Dmg
Cloak of Protection- Spell Res 17, Protection+3
Sacred Helm-+48Devotion,Deathblock
Cannith +5 DEX Ring

Heal Mod- Sacred Helm/+6 Wisdom Ioun Stone/ +200 SP IounStone/Cannith +5 CON Necklace
Turns-Charisma+5 Cannith Cloak/Sacred Ring

Lv8
Ring of the Stalker(lv8)-Seeker +2 with Cannith Dex+5 Ring

Lv9
Belt of Brute Strength-STR+6,+30HP
Cloak of Invisibility-Green Aug,Ghostly,Invisibility with my Blur wand
Chainmail Coif-Devotion+60,Green
Cannith+6 DEX Ring with Ring of Balance-Heavy Fortification,Balance+13,+2 deflection.+2 resistance to true neutral
The Blood Stone-Seeker+6

Heal Mod-Chainmail Coif/+6 Wisdom Ioun Stone/ +200 SP IounStone/Cannith CON+6 Necklace

Turns-Skull Fetish Mask/Sacred Ring

Striding-Gyroscopic Boots of Striding-Balance+10,Striding +30%

Lv 11
Belt: Belt of Brute Strength-STR+6, 30HP

Boots: Rock Boots

Wrists: Bracers of the Claw - Con+2,Moderate Fortification Or GS Wrists.

Cloak: Cloak of Invisibility-Green Aug,Ghostly,Invisibility. Cast Blur on it.

Eyes: Goggles of Perception-Attack +2

Head: Minos Legens-Heavy Fortification, Vitality+20,

Neck: GS Neck

Gloves: Gloves of the Claw-STR+3,SET Bonus +2 Dmg

Trinket: The blood stone-Seeker+6

Ring1 - Cannith+6 DEX Ring

Ring2 - Cannith+6 CON Ring

ALTERNATIVE SET:Head/Ring/Hands
Wrath of Sora Kell - +2 Artifcat Attack, Dmg. WIS,CHA,STR +5

Healing Mod - Seraphim/GS Wrist/+200 SP Ioun Stone.

Turns: Skull Fetish Mask/ Sacred Ring

Striding: Gyroscopic Boots of Striding

Etc: Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II - SP regenerate

Greensteel:
Bracers-45+HP,+6 Con Skills, +4 STR Skills. Existential Stalemate(WIS+6), Concoradant Opposition
Neck-Blind/Fear/Death Immunity

GS Clickes
+150SP/StoneSkin Ring.
Displacement Goggles.
Haste Gloves

Lv12
ALTERNATIVE:Rock Boots(lv12)- Stone Prison Guard, Slippery Surface Immunity

Lv13
Litany of the Dead-+1 Ability/attack and dmg bonus
Mentau's Goggles - Seeker+6

Ghost touch-Spectral Gloves- Ethereal, DEX+5, Attack Bonus+2

Heal Mod- Gauntlets of Eternity/GS Wrist/+200 SP Ioun Stone

ALTERNATIVE SET:Head/Ring/Hands
Wrath of Sora Kell - +2 Artifcat Attack, Dmg. WIS,CHA,STR +6, True Seeing.

Lv14
ALTERNATIVE: Dream Visor - Attack+Dmg +2 (Ghost Touch applies)
ALTERNATIVE: Gloves of Forgotten Craft - Attack +3

Lv15
ALTERNATIVE:Pale Green Ioun Stone-+40 Vitality, Herioc Insperation

Heal Mod- Beacon of Tiara

Lv16
Cloak of NightInvisibility Guard,Ghostly,Deathblock,Nightmare Guard,Dodge Bonus 2%
Ring of the Buccaneer(Lv16)-Dex+6,Protection+4,Underwater Action
ALTERNATIVE:Iron Cloak of the Wolf-Exceptional Seeker +3,Dodge Bonus 4%,Attack Bonus +2,Diversion 20%
ALTERNATIVE:Spare Hand (Level 16-Riposte,Exceptional Combat Mastery +5,Staggering Blow
ALTERNATIVE:Rock Boots (Level 16)-Stone Prision/Earthgrab Guard,Slippery Surface Immunity

Lv18
Alchemist's Pendant-Con+6,Greater Elemental Energy, +1 Turn Undead
Fabricator's Gauntlets-STR+6,Res+5.10% Meleee Alacrity. SET-25% stacking fortification,+2 artifact Attack+dmg
Fabricator's Bracers-Balance+15,Incite +20%,Cannith Combat Infusion
Morgana's Ring - Ring: Wisdom +6, Exceptional Strength +1,Insight STR+2(Potential) SET-+2 Exceptional Melee Bonus-To-Hit
Morgana's Belt - Belt: Constitution +6, Attack Bonus +2. SET
Cannith +6 DEX ring

Heal Mod-Alchemist's Crown(Lv6 Heals 50%)/Amara's Belt/Tokala's Belt

Striding-Cannith boots of propulsion

Clickie-Gloves of Titan's Grip(+6 Psionic STR)

Turns-Exorcist of the Silver Flame(Exceptional CHA+1, Insight CHA+2)

Lv20
Boots of the Woodsman-Insight Dex+2,Striding 30%
ALTERNATIVE:Rock Boots(Lv16)
ALTERNATIVE: Epic Spare Hand- Doublestrike 3%, Riposite,Exceptional Combat Mastery+5.Staggering Blow
ALTERNATIVE:Mithral Cloak of the Wolf-Attack Bonus+3, Exceptional Seeker+4, Dodge Bonus3%, Diversion 20%
Cloak of Night (Level 20)-Invisibility Guard,Ghostly,Deathblock,Nightmare Guard,Dodge Bonus 4%,DR 5/Good
Drow Smoke Goggles-Manslayer,Seeker+6,Blindness Immunity
Purple Dragon Gauntlets-STR+7,Inishg Con+2,Healing Amplifcation 30%.
Purple Dragon Helm-Con+7,Insight STR+2.
Purple Dragon Armor- Heavy Fortification,Superior False Life, DR5/- SET +3 Hit/Dmg. +3 Natural Armor
Epic Blood Stone-Seeker +8
Epic Ring of the Buccaneer-Dex+7,Good Luck+2,Underwater Action,Protection +5
ToD Warprist SET

+20 Vitality on any colorless augment.

Ghost Touch: Epic Spectral Gloves-Dex+7,Attack Bonus+4,Ethereal

Turns-Epic Cloak of the Silver Concord(+7)/Symbol of the Shining Sun(+2 Ins)

Heal Mod-Epic Mask of Comedy or Epic Shining Crest of St. Markus/Signet of the Shining Sun/Epic Vulkoorim Pendant

Alex3000
10-29-2013, 09:23 AM
I've searched all the named piercing weapons I could and I have no idea when to use a specific type of weapon and what is better in comparison.
So it would be great if you can specifically explain.

The GS weapons I've been thinking of are Positive x3 and Lit II/ Min II(for bypassing DR). But I don't know which hand to select for my Rapier/Shortsword.
Also GS Shortswords are better than Daggers right?
Will it be better than some of the named items? Lv+11

I'm also planning to make Alchemical but this is probably for End game right? But I'm going to TR as soon as I can when I get to Level 20.
What would be the great choice for Warpriest using Alchemical Weapons?
Will it be better than +20 items?

#I think I will be using longswords at Lv1 because of Skill Points but Until Lv12 I won't have the IC:Piercing feat so would it be wise to go for other weapons that's better? If it is, maybe some example??

Rapiers
Lv1
Thera's Rapier-lesser human

Lv2
Spider Spike-lesser vermine/red aug

Lv5
Elyd Edge-undead

Lv6
Nuushmaar's Adamantine Tooth-adamantine/red aug
Dueling Schlager-plain. better than nuushmaar?

Lv8
Sheridan's Ruin-keen/red aug

Lv10
Tyrzza's Bane-true law/cold iron/pure good/red aug. Requires Good(UMD:20)

Lv12
Fell Rapier of Ice-boreal/red aug. GS frostIII or other type is better, right?
Toothpick-great giant

Lv14
Turbulent Epee-treason/metalline/aligned/turbulent burst

Elemental Rapier of Air. lv4/8/12/16/20
#Anyone have a link for a picture of this?

Lv20
Epic Elyd Edge

Lv21
Drow Rapier of the Weapon Master

Lv23
Balizarde, Protector of the King

Daggers.

Lv2
Dagger of Inquisition - undead
Bloodletter's Knife-slicing/red aug
Miasma's Fang-deception. for sneak attacks?
Mutiny's Tooth-acid touch/red aug
Rhakmel's Dagger-minor acid(red aug)

Lv4
Flamiedagger-flaming
Phiarlan Spy Dagger-acid/decption
Sky Pirate's Dagger-keen I/red aug

Lv6
Whisperdoom's Fang - Enfeeble/Red Augment
Grievous Blade-puncturing/red aug
Obsidian Dagger
Onyxhorn-finesse/red aug

Lv8
Tenebrous Stiletto - ghost touch/deception/adamantine
Nightforge Stiletto - adamantine
Threnalian War Dagger - Red and Orange Augment
Sheridan's Wrack - Keen/Red Augment

Lv10
Flint - Shocking burst/Red and Orange Augment
Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger - Greater Giant bane/Giant slayer/Red and Purple Augment
Bejeweled Letter Opener - keen/devotion+60

Lv12
Guardian of the Liturgy - Bleed/HeartseekerIV/Red Augment

Lv14
Skiver

Lv20
Sacrificial Dagger
Epic Phiarlan Spy Dagger
Epic Flint
Epic Bejeweled Letter Opener
Epic Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger

Lv21
Drow Dagger of the Weapon Master
Blade of the High Priestess

Lv23
Agony, the Knife in the Dark

Shortsword

Lv1
Sword of Pain-acid touch

Lv2
Nicked Shortsword-acid/sneak attack+2

Lv4
Tiefling Assassin's Blade-keenI/wounding/poison/red aug
Cutthroat's Smallblade(Tier 3)-slicing/bleed/doublestrike3%

Lv6
Sun Blade-flametouched iron/+2vsEvil/extra dmg vs undead/red aug
Gwylan's Blade-roaring/screaming/red aug
Garos' Malice-flaming/sneak attack+3

Lv8
Luck Blade-good luck/red,orange,purple aug
Cutthroat's Smallblade-same as lv4. more dmg.

Lv10
Zephyr-red aug
Bravo's Sword-sneak attack+5
Sting-large scorpion poison/proof again poison+6

Lv12
Maiming Fury Shortsword-medusa fury/demon fever/wounding/maiming
Crippling Fury Shortsword-" "/crippling
Vengeful Fury Shortsword-" "/vengeful
Vampiric Fury Shortsword-" "/lesser vamprimism
Cutthroat's Smallblade(Tier 3)-slicing/bleed/doublestrike6%

Lv14
Razorend-keen/hemorrhagin/tendon slice10%
Treason-deception/treason/armor piercing15%/sneak attack+5
Envenomed Blade-poison burst/paralyzing/armor piercing10%/deadly spider venom

lv16
Cutthroat's Smallblade(Tier 3)-corrosive salt addead
Envenomed Blade/Poison Burst/Paralyzing/Armor-Piercing - 10%/Deadly Spider Venom

Lv20
Epic Cutthroat's Smallblade
Epic Envenomed Blade
Epic Garos' Malice
Epic Sting
Epic Zephyr
Star of Day

Lv21
Drow Shortsword of the Weapon Master

Lv23
Celestia, Brightest Star of Day

Panzermeyer
10-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I've searched all the named piercing weapons I could and I have no idea when to use a specific type of weapon and what is better in comparison.
So it would be great if you can specifically explain.

The GS weapons I've been thinking of are Positive x3 and Lit II/ Min II(for bypassing DR). But I don't know which hand to select for my Rapier/Shortsword.
Also GS Shortswords are better than Daggers right?
Will it be better than some of the named items? Lv+11

I'm also planning to make Alchemical but this is probably for End game right? But I'm going to TR as soon as I can when I get to Level 20.
What would be the great choice for Warpriest using Alchemical Weapons?
Will it be better than +20 items?

#I think I will be using longswords at Lv1 because of Skill Points but Until Lv12 I won't have the IC:Piercing feat so would it be wise to go for other weapons that's better? If it is, maybe some example??

No real reason not to go piercing the whole way. At least rapiers have a great crit range.

Your main hand should be the bigger weapon and off hand should be the smaller.

Don't look to only named items.

There are a lot of great gen loot weapons as well.

Smitters, vorpals now, paralyzers and all that king of stuff.

Your choice in weapons depends on a number of things.

Play style
Grouping or solo
Mobs versus boss

Don't over think this too much.
Just gather up a good selection. Start playing and figure out what works best for you and your play style.

You want a good set of damage dealers and DR breakers for boss fights. As most special effects they are immune or they have lesser effect on. Like stat damage will only work a little on bosses. Paralyzers smitters vorpals don't work on them etc. So a set that deals good all around damage, GS is usually great here.

When I run without casters, or solo I tend to use at least one weapon that has some CC effect like paralyzing etc. When with casters I don't worry about it as much. Lot's of constructs, dual smitters are awesome. Undead? Dual disruptors, or a disruptor and one with good damage and ghost touch. yada yada.

The great thing about TWF is you can have a much large selection of additional effects in your weapon attacks.

If you are going to be grouping all the time, make sure and get something that will really boost your healing as well. Sometimes you will just want to turtle up and heal the fighters to keep them going in a nasty fight.

Sceptor of Healing from token turn in from Invaders is best mid level item. Wall of Wood is awesome at a bit higher level. Shamanic Fetish from GH is a great trinket.

Also do not worry about the heroic, particularly lower heroic too much. You will not spend a ton of time there, so not need to spend a ton of time on gear there. Better to invest that time in Epic gear where you will spend more of your time.

Heck my last TR I didn't even run with any stat items till 9th lvl. Just collected whatever I could off the AH.

Alex3000
10-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Play style
Grouping or solo
Mobs versus boss

Don't over think this too much.
Just gather up a good selection. Start playing and figure out what works best for you and your play style.

If you are going to be grouping all the time, make sure and get something that will really boost your healing as well. Sometimes you will just want to turtle up and heal the fighters to keep them going in a nasty fight.

Sceptor of Healing from token turn in from Invaders is best mid level item. Wall of Wood is awesome at a bit higher level. Shamanic Fetish from GH is a great trinket.

Also do not worry about the heroic, particularly lower heroic too much. You will not spend a ton of time there, so not need to spend a ton of time on gear there. Better to invest that time in Epic gear where you will spend more of your time.

I always group all the time so I listed all the best heal items for each level.

As it's a warpriest build I want to contribute a lot of dmg just like the other dps classes but I can't test all the weapons. I've never tried a dps class before so I would like specific examples when it's best to use. Even in the wiki, there's not much information. It only tells you about DR and bane. That's it.

Forgot about Sceptor of Healing and Shamanic Fetish. It seems these items will be useful at mid level.

I will not be spending time on raising Epic Levels as I will TR as soon as I can. Also this build wasn't recommended for EE as the saves are low. I just listed the Epic Level items in case, I end up going over that level when I'm grinding tokens or got bored waiting for a week to TR again.

Alex3000
11-04-2013, 02:10 AM
I kept asking about GS and still didn't get answers. :(

I am planning to make Positive x3/Min II/Lit II. I will be using rapiers and shortswords so what weapon should use this and that?
For Example, if I'm using Positive x3/Min II which hand should be the positive one??

Build: Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1
I planned to take a Wiz level at Lv 20 but will I be able to use stoneskin or other major Wiz buff at that level?
I might change taking the Wiz level at lv 4~10. Despite only taking one level for Wiz, will it give me access to more minimum high level wands and scrolls as I level up?

Panzermeyer
11-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I kept asking about GS and still didn't get answers. :(

I am planning to make Positive x3/Min II/Lit II. I will be using rapiers and shortswords so what weapon should use this and that?
For Example, if I'm using Positive x3/Min II which hand should be the positive one??

I am not a huge numbers cruncher type player.

That being said, I am not sure that which goes into which weapon will make much of a difference.

The biggest impact will be in weapon size. You want the larger weapon in your main hand and the small sized weapon in your off hand. As long as you are following that you are golden.

Only consideration that I would have is that your main damage dealer types should be your main hand. As it will have the higher damage base, and thus crit for more as well.

Typically I use my off hand weapon mainly for effects rather than damage. In my off hand I will run the radiance/paralyzer whatever type weapon.

Build: Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1
I planned to take a Wiz level at Lv 20 but will I be able to use stoneskin or other major Wiz buff at that level?
I might change taking the Wiz level at lv 4~10. Despite only taking one level for Wiz, will it give me access to more minimum high level wands and scrolls as I level up?

1 Wiz level won't give you stoneskin. As it is a 4th level wizard spell. It will give you the ability to use stoneskin wands, and make your umd slightly better for scrolls, for all qiz buffs for that matter.

Personally I would take the wiz at level one, because then I would get the maximum amount of spell points. And Master's touch. Then I'd likely take 2 levels of cleric for divine might. Then fighter to make sure I get PA, Cleave, and Greater Cleave as soon as possible (I'd take G Cleave before TWF you get much more milage out of it at the lower levels).

Alex3000
11-05-2013, 02:54 AM
1 Wiz level won't give you stoneskin. As it is a 4th level wizard spell. It will give you the ability to use stoneskin wands, and make your umd slightly better for scrolls, for all qiz buffs for that matter.

Personally I would take the wiz at level one, because then I would get the maximum amount of spell points. And Master's touch. Then I'd likely take 2 levels of cleric for divine might. Then fighter to make sure I get PA, Cleave, and Greater Cleave as soon as possible (I'd take G Cleave before TWF you get much more milage out of it at the lower levels).

Yes I know 1 Wiz level won't give me Stoneskin but what's the chance to activate 4th level Wizard Scrolls or Wands like Stoneskin? If I spend some points in UMD like 5~10 will it give me much higher chance to activate Scrolls/Wands?

Panzermeyer
11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes I know 1 Wiz level won't give me Stoneskin but what's the chance to activate 4th level Wizard Scrolls or Wands like Stoneskin? If I spend some points in UMD like 5~10 will it give me much higher chance to activate Scrolls/Wands?

Yes it will.

Alex3000
11-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Since I will take a Wiz Level and use Displacement/Haste/StoneSkin wands or scrolls, would my GS clickies be worthless?

Alex3000
11-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Also I don't use my Lv9 Cleric Spells a lot so I think it would be pointless to have lv17 on Cleric as I don't even use Heal, Mass a lot and even with quicken it's slow so by the time I'm casting it squishy players would be already dead. What do you think?

If I only need Lv8 Cleric Spells and get up to Cleric Lv 15, What shall I do with other classes? Currently I planned Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1 for the Level 9th Cleric Spell but thinking of changing it.

axel15810
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Also I don't use my Lv9 Cleric Spells a lot so I think it would be pointless to have lv17 on Cleric as I don't even use Heal, Mass a lot and even with quicken it's slow so by the time I'm casting it squishy players would be already dead. What do you think?

If I only need Lv8 Cleric Spells and get up to Cleric Lv 15, What shall I do with other classes? Currently I planned Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1 for the Level 9th Cleric Spell but thinking of changing it.

The thing is if you don't take 17 cleric levels you lose the ability to heal raids...which is one of the biggest (and very needed) roles a cleric fills at endgame. So your character will play more as a paladin at endgame than a cleric. And that's fine if raiding doesn't interest you, you should still be ok to heal parties in 6 man quests. But to me it defeats the purpose of taking so many cleric levels in the first place. Also you lose energy drain, which is an awesome spell to use in epics. Personally if I wasn't planning to take 17 cleric levels I'd go with a self healing type melee build that would give more DPS/survivability with mostly monk or fighter levels.

Panzermeyer
11-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Since I will take a Wiz Level and use Displacement/Haste/StoneSkin wands or scrolls, would my GS clickies be worthless?

No it won't because the time you get on you GS clickies will be more than you can get from any scroll or wand.

Alex3000
11-07-2013, 04:18 AM
The thing is if you don't take 17 cleric levels you lose the ability to heal raids...which is one of the biggest (and very needed) roles a cleric fills at endgame. So your character will play more as a paladin at endgame than a cleric. And that's fine if raiding doesn't interest you, you should still be ok to heal parties in 6 man quests. But to me it defeats the purpose of taking so many cleric levels in the first place. Also you lose energy drain, which is an awesome spell to use in epics. Personally if I wasn't planning to take 17 cleric levels I'd go with a self healing type melee build that would give more DPS/survivability with mostly monk or fighter levels.

Well losing only Lv 9 of cleric spells doesn't mean I'll lose the ability to heal raids. I hardly used Heal, Mass at raids and in my opinion I think it's waste of SP because only like 1~3 out of 12 people need to be healed often. And the reason is they get too much damage from the flaws of their build or play style or gears whatever. Anyway I easily healed the raid group just by using Cure Critical/Serious Wounds Mass.

I already said in the previous post I won't be running Epic quests and will TR as soon as possible when I hit Lv20.

As it is a warpriest build, I'm going to dump Wisdom so what's the use of Energy Drain if I have low Wisdom?? Does this spell need to penetrate mobs' Spell Resistance?

Are 15 Levels of Cleric too low for the Spell Points? Is this what you're also referring to?

Alex3000
11-07-2013, 04:21 AM
No it won't because the time you get on you GS clickies will be more than you can get from any scroll or wand.

But How will it be more than any scrolls or wand I can get? I've heard the GS clickies only run about 2 minutes and only with 3 charges.

Wouldn't scrolls last much longer? If the duration is similar with GS, I can just buy a whole stack of them to cast it when needed.

axel15810
11-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Well losing only Lv 9 of cleric spells doesn't mean I'll lose the ability to heal raids. I hardly used Heal, Mass at raids and in my opinion I think it's waste of SP because only like 1~3 out of 12 people need to be healed often. And the reason is they get too much damage from the flaws of their build or play style or gears whatever. Anyway I easily healed the raid group just by using Cure Critical/Serious Wounds Mass.

I already said in the previous post I won't be running Epic quests and will TR as soon as possible when I hit Lv20.

As it is a warpriest build, I'm going to dump Wisdom so what's the use of Energy Drain if I have low Wisdom?? Does this spell need to penetrate mobs' Spell Resistance?

Are 15 Levels of Cleric too low for the Spell Points? Is this what you're also referring to?

Well you will be ok using cures to heal raids that are run overlevel, but it you're planning to heal challenging raids you will need mass heal. mass cures are too inefficient. And mass heal is extremely efficient. I have to admit the spell's usefulness is down in the game right now because raiding is really down. There's not many worth running. But since you're TRing it's not an issue anyway.

A lot of epic mobs and mini-bosses have high HP but no spell resistance, a low wisdom doesn't matter since it's a SR check. You won't able to neg level certain mobs who do have it, so you have to know when to cast it.

No I wasn't refering to spell points being a problem.

Panzermeyer
11-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Yes Energy drain is effected by SR, which there are not necessarily a ton of mobs this effects. Drow are the biggest that come to mind, but their SR is so high you either go all in or just skip it. If you are going to be TRing right away the only thing you really would encounter SR from is some of the stuff from Merida and Amarath.

I am not sure what he is referring to, but yes a 15 lvl cleric will see a significant drop in SP. The last few levels are providing 100 sp lvl. So your gear to augment SP would be very important.

Panzermeyer
11-07-2013, 09:37 AM
But How will it be more than any scrolls or wand I can get? I've heard the GS clickies only run about 2 minutes and only with 3 charges.

Wouldn't scrolls last much longer? If the duration is similar with GS, I can just buy a whole stack of them to cast it when needed.

This all runs down to personal preference.

GS clickies on displace run about 2 minutes. Off a scroll will only last 30 sec I believe. If you are relying on Displace as part of your defence, there are alot of fights that can last longer than 30 sec. Thus in that regard GS clickies are superior. But only if you already have the resources and such. A stack of scrolls can work just fine but you will have recasting it constantly.

Alex3000
11-08-2013, 09:41 PM
This all runs down to personal preference.

GS clickies on displace run about 2 minutes. Off a scroll will only last 30 sec I believe. If you are relying on Displace as part of your defence, there are alot of fights that can last longer than 30 sec. Thus in that regard GS clickies are superior. But only if you already have the resources and such. A stack of scrolls can work just fine but you will have recasting it constantly.
I just checked the scrolls and as you said Displacement and Haste only last 30 seconds. But stoneskin scrolls last for 7 min so no need to get GS clickie for that one, also Min II weapon give me 16 min of Stoneskin anyway.

I agree with you making GS clickies for Displacement and Haste since recasting will take too much time in longer fights and most of fights are over 30 sec as you said.
Thank you for reminding me, I wasn't sure about making one and thought scrolls would last long.

I decided to go with Clr17/Ftr2/Wiz1 build as Heal Mass efficiency seems to be the highest for mass healing spells. Also I've noticed some of the players don't really have a heal amp item or such thing and Heal Mass is the best choice to mass healing as It's a waste of Spell Points to recast again for some people.
I'm currently working on the orders of lv and skills. I will post it when it's ready

Alex3000
11-10-2013, 02:29 AM

Strength 16 26 29
Dexterity 14 19 19
Constitution 14 19 19
Intelligence 10 15 15
Wisdom 8 13 13
Charisma 16 21 23

Tomes Used
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 19
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 19
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Balance 2 13 13
Bluff 3 6 6
Concentration 6 26 26
Diplomacy 3 6 6
Haggle 3 6 6
Heal 3 24 24
Hide 2 4 4
Intimidate 3 6 6
Jump 3 9 9
Listen -1 1 1
Move Silently 2 4 4
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 2 2
Search 0 2 2
Spellcraft 0 2 2
Spot -1 1 1
Swim n/a n/a n/a
Tumble n/a 5 5
Use Magic Device 5 17 17

Level 1 (Cleric)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Divine Might (Rank 3)

Level 2 (Cleric)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)

Level 3 (Fighter)

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Wizard)
Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)

Level 16 (Cleric)

Level 17 (Cleric)

Level 18 (Cleric)

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Unyielding Sovereignty (Rank 1)

I guess making the stats even at the beginning is the best choice as if I consider my endgame(Lv20) gears the stats will be kinda in mess. Anyway I think it will work pretty fine.

As I get TWF at lv3, I will be using longswords till I get the feat.

I maxed UMD for buff and I hope the wizard level will give me higher chance to cast the scrolls/wands successfully.

Please feedback.