PDA

View Full Version : Making Secondary Fighter Types

Corvid7
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Does anyone else enjoy making secondary fighters?
You don't need to get the max DPS, but like going for the flank.
Maybe you have a couple rogue levels for those sneak attack numbers while your tempest friend beats the hell out of the mob.
Perhaps you will wield the cursespewing and destruction daggers.
Am I alone in this joy?
(AND, just for the record, I am not merely failing at making a strong tank or power DPS type. I have done so and just prefer the backup role.)

feynman
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
That would be my halfling finesse 8 fighter/6 ranger/2 rogue :)

Evasion w/ 30ish reflex, 1d6 sneak attack (before enhancements), tempest, feats, good AC, lots of HP, and can tank in a pinch. Until I finish gearing up my 14 ranger/1 monk/1 rogue, it's my most powerful character.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-10-2009, 08:19 PM
That's how I view my rogue. At 275 HP she can't stand up to the frontal assault, but she'd loads of fun sneaking in behind and assasinating and/or sneak attacking to death whatever the Barbarian/Tempest/etc is beating on. You get some mighty nice sneak attack numbers on a high level rogue :D

WeaselKing
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
My Drow 12 ranger/4 rogue (13 rgr/5 rog/2 mnk @ cap) and my dragonmarked halfling 10 fighter/5 ranger/1 wizard (10 ftr/9/rgr/1/wiz @ cap) both fulfill secondary roles. I like multidimensional characters that can doo lots of things not just hit things with a stick. My DPS build is a bard. :D

baddax
03-19-2009, 03:48 AM
For every Michael Jordan there needs to be a Scottie pippen for every Carl Malone there needs to be a JohnStockton. :)

Wizzly_Bear
03-19-2009, 03:50 AM
For every Michael Jordan there needs to be a Scottie pippen for every Carl Malone there needs to be a JohnStockton. :)
only in games that require more than one person. ddo can often be soloed without a lackie or pileon.