PDA

View Full Version : Fav things to do at work

Scarsgaard
08-24-2007, 02:38 PM
:D

Sneak up on people at the water cooler and scare them:D

When they ask for help, an answer or an over ride/authorization, say "NO"

Answering questions like what did you do on the weekend, answering "crack and *****s":eek:

Answering "how are you today" questions... "great its almost Friday" and on Friday with a "Great it's Almost Monday."

Getting the nicest stapler in the building, taping your name to it and NEVER letting anyone EVER touch it... even better, carry it with you everywhere, to lunch, the bathroom... and I mean everywhere:)

Forget to do up your zipper and see how long it takes before someone notices... ***tee hee he***

Have hot phone sex:D

hmmm... I'll think of more stuff that I'm not going to say I do, but hypothetically speaking...

Ironforge_Clan
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Scars I'm glad you don't work for me although I find your suggestions hilarious!

VonBek
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Getting the nicest stapler in the building, taping your name to it and NEVER letting anyone EVER touch it... even better, carry it with you everywhere, to lunch, the bathroom... and I mean everywhere:)

Mine's red. I keep it on top of a stack of ... TPS reports :p

Ignore interoffice mail. Tell everybody "If it's important, it'll be in my e-mail." Leave out-of-office on.

Bobbyd
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah ah...i believe that him and entire staff of human resources would be best of friends.

Scarr... what did you do now...

For me....

Fourm surf and deligate my work to others....

Ironforge_Clan
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah ah...i believe that him and entire staff of human resources would be best of friends.

For me....

Um isn't that a given for all of us? Oh hold on got to minimize while pee-on comes to ask question....lol.

Scarsgaard
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM

For me....

Actually, I'm a SVC with a large firm in the Acronym Development and Implementaion Division. My role is to create Acronyms, and the strategies for deployment in the workforce.

For example... once upon a time there were Cashiers and Tellers... now we have CSRs... soon it will change again. Do you know why? It's quite simple actually, as the world changes and the need for cheaper labour becomes more and more important for increasing profits for shareholders... we have to start with breaking the Human Spirit. So, if you were once called a Teller, and now you are a CSR, (or even better a Barcode)... it becomes easier to pay you less, fire you, outsource your role and so on... in other words... I create the concepts that make other people's lives hell. On the bright side, I get free cookies and pizza on Wednesdays:D

Lizzybrat
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't work.

Neener Neener Neener.

Dorthin_Othortin
08-24-2007, 03:16 PM
when im helping a customer and another customer starts to say what they want without me first even acknowledging them....i like to get finished with the first customer and then look at the second and act as if they just walked up....hi, can i help you.....

being a manager i like to really mess with my younger employees (the 16-20yr old crowd) like tell them to take out the trash or some really crummy job when a group of their friends walks in the store :)

i like to put at least $100 in loose 1 dollar bills in the register after i count it down just so the day manager has to recount all those bills :P

i like to return faxes sent to our fax number (you know those completely random faxes like buy insurance or your business has a billion dollars in credit, etc) with their own flyer and a huge smiley face x'd out with a message at the bottom saying something to the effect of "we dont need credit at this time, WE HAVE PLENTY OF CASH! thanks for calling!" or "we dont need anymore insurance at this time, but when the next major hurricane rolls through we may contact you!"

Scarsgaard
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I read an article about someone who liked to wear Red Shirts and then visit Target on their lunch hour... when a customer would ask for help the person said they'd keep on walking, balatantly ignoring the customer... from my understanding, she/he had seen a lot of folkes running to thne store manager complaining about this person, thinking they were a really rude employee:D

Byzantian
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM
when im helping a customer and another customer starts to say what they want without me first even acknowledging them....i like to get finished with the first customer and then look at the second and act as if they just walked up....hi, can i help you.....

LOL! Thats funny dude :D

When i get a Delivery man rock up like that i just say,
where the #$%* R Your Manners?

VonBek
08-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I read an article about someone who liked to wear Red Shirts and then visit Target on their lunch hour... when a customer would ask for help the person said they'd keep on walking, balatantly ignoring the customer... from my understanding, she/he had seen a lot of folkes running to thne store manager complaining about this person, thinking they were a really rude employee:D

There's a video "out therre" of an organized blue shirt ar Best Buy day. Bob Dobbs lives, apparently.

PaintHorseCowboy
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Get that squirtgun you have stashed from your time as a little kid, you know, the one that looks identical to the German machine pistol from WWII, only without the flourescent orange tip they put on them now, and go to the base post office.

Watch the clouds. Which is really kind of interesting when viewed from above.

Go TDY and change the leather tag on my flight suit from my actual name to my TDY name: Willie Likkerklit.

Harrass flight attendants, I mean flight engineers. Same thing, right? WHERE'S MY COFFEE YOU SLACKER!

Laugh at my copilot's idea of dumping a big 5-gallon bucket full of little pieces of hard candy out of the aircraft while in flight. "But it's for the little kids!" Uh...yeah. This is the Chinook version of a Cluster Bomb, otherwise known variously as a Candy Bomb or a Cluster ****-Up, capable of peppering every kid in the school yard with hard candy going hundreds of miles per hour and leveling them all in one single pass. Way to win hearts and minds. They're gonna wanna be an insurgent just to get payback for this one.

Construct a small catapult/trebuchet capable of launching raquet balls across the flight planning room.

Remember that the "hot" flight medic you are looking at is really only average at best when your perception isn't skewed by 18 straight months of "sunshine and sand." And also remember that baggy flight suits can make mentally undressing them a lot more fun. Actually, this isn't really fun, it's sort of depressing.

Opening the mail and realizing that someone loves you so much, they sent you a big bottle of "Listerine", which happens to go really well with that can of coke you stole from the DIFAC (Dining Facilty)/mess hall. [There Scar, happy? I helped propogate your Accronyms].

Coming back from leave to find that your buddies have taken a spare soccer ball, some dust goggles, your PT gear, and an inflatable candy cane and placed you on your bunk in a compromising position. And laughing even harder when you look a little closer and find they've opened one of the issues of Western Horseman you had lying around to what amounts to a centerfold page. (That's what I get for harrassing my flight engineers I guess.)

Scarsgaard
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
When I was a teen working at a certain restaurant... name not mentioned I used to tell the cooks "hey man you got something right by your eye", just after they handled jalapenos.. so funny watching them cry:D

We'd have the dishpigs grab the big bucket from the top shelf, and watch as it spilt old fryer oil all over his head:eek:

Grab the waitresses hands from the inside of the beer cool and growl loudly when they went to get a beer... ***tee hee he***

I was awful to work with when I was young:)

gorloch
08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I work at a preschool taking care of two year olds. Confused faces are easy to achieve at this age. And yes we have water fights inside the building and a whole bunch of fun. Tiring my job may but but it is never dull and boring. And doesn't it scare you to know that I am the one bringing up the next generation of children. :eek:

PIXA

Uamhas
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
I find interesting and innovative new ways to stuff my 3 year old in the freezer. He's a tricksy little booger, he keeps getting out.

binnsr
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
sounds similar to my own ..

Cooking popcorn in front of the microwave antennas (one of my buddies NCOs actually cooked a cornish hen, but we thought that was pushing things a bit) with a fishing rod.

Sending the new private off to the supply room for a box of grid squares..

ehh.. who am I kidding, I was the LT .. that was always my NCOs doing fun stuff like that :D

Now I sit in a dull office and wishing I had a red swingline stapler..
that and set my MS Communicator note to random sayings that I find online..

Uamhas
08-24-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't work.

Neener Neener Neener.

How did I miss this the first time through???
Shhh Mo. You work, you just don't get a paycheck... well, unless you count your hubby's wallet... but that's different.... um.. yeah.
*bright smile*

I remember what it's like to leave the house to work!

I remember once upon a time I had a uniform (mostly prison blues w/bellbottoms)
I remember testing out what I'd heard about seagulls and Alka Seltzer on lunch break.
I remember sending that bosun's mate out for 100 yards of flight line.
I remember writing up a requisition for an overhead buffer.
I remember an ensign scratching his head and saying, in perfect seriousness, "The O.F.F. button is broken. Operating Frequency Full won't enable when I toggle the switch during preflight checks."
I remember being told to keep my cover on and the sleeves on my borrowed flight suit (which wasn't baggy, being a little better endowed than the actual owner, Paint) rolled down right before we landed in Egypt... something about harems and mehndi...
I remember tying down an A6 and smirking to myself when our guest's pilot stepped up into the wind and took the helmet off... and left every man watching with wood when a full head of bonde hair came tumbling out atop a very feminine face and form. (she did it on purpose, lol)

Our birds weren't nothing anyone else would claim, we were just in the people/cargo moving business... but I loved those C9s- loved crawling around in the guts of them, loved catching and launching them... Could do without washing them tho.

Nuff outta me.

lostinjapan
08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
In a company I worked at for a very long time before I moved to Japan, practical jokes were the daily thing.

1. Had an Exchange admin working under me who kept posters of Jan Brady up around her desk and demanded everyone (not in our department) call her Jan (her name was Michelle).
2. The CIO's administrative assistant routinely brought little bowls of green Palmolive to inter-departmental meetings and soaked her fingers while the meeting was going on.
3. We (IT) shared a breakroom with Marketing, split down the middle. For a week we made it a point to get to work very early and make their coffee (decaf instead of regular), then that Friday I brought in some espresso and made that instead. You should have seen them bouncing off the walls. :P
4. For April Fool's day one year, all the heads of IT turned in their resignations to the CIO, saying we'd (all) decided to leave to form our own company. When he figured out what day it was he laughed his butt off with the rest of us.

There's a thousand more, but you probably get the idea.

Currently I'm taking a break from working, but my daughter starts kindergarten in 2 weeks so I'll be heading back to the job market soon. Hopefully my new employers will be like my old. :D

Tryp
08-24-2007, 11:28 PM
You know, funny you should post this because I just got this in my e-mail today (again...for about the 500th time lol). But here's some of my favorites. I've actually done a few...I'll leave which ones to your imagination. :D

** Page yourself over the intercom. (Don't disguise your voice.)

** Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky". "No I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Sport."

** Put mosquito netting around your cubicle. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.

** Every time someone asks you to do something, ask him or her if they want fries with that.

** Send email to yourself engaging yourself in an intelligent debate about the direction of one of your company's products. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.

** Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair dancing.

** Put your garbage can on your desk. Label it "IN."

** Determine how many cups of coffee are "too many."

** Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.

** Send e-mail messages saying free pizza, free donuts etc... in the lunchroom, when people complain that there was none... Just lean back, pat your stomach, and say, "Oh you've got to be faster than that."

** Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over his or her caffeine addiction, switch to espresso.

** Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy."

** Dont use any punctuation

** Use, too...much; punctuation!

** At lunch time, sit in your parked car w/sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

** Have your coworkers address you by your wrestling name, "Rock Hard."

** Tell your boss, "It's not the voices in my head that bother me, it’s the voices in your head that do."

Sorry...I was bored and feeling colorful. :p

Arlith
08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
My role is to create Acronyms, and the strategies for deployment in the workforce.

Oh, so you work with the military.

PaintHorseCowboy
08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
STHFU!

DILLIGAF?

BOHICA!

Scar does NOT work for the military! He works for DOD, thus the propogation of said Accronyms. With his slipshod word, it's no wonder we have a big CF.

Leave it to a danged DAC. Takes his job as SOSDD which leads all of us into one big SNAFU after another.

One of these days he'll realize I'M really the HDHIC.

POC for this notice is undersigned at DSN 111.111.1111

lostinjapan
08-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh my, it is so obvious to me (and to anyone military/spouse or previously military/spouse) that you are one of us. :D

Make sure you practice good OPSEC and use COMSEC when dealing with classified information. SIPRNET is the only appropriate place for this data. Scar could potentially be a leak so only release DECL info to him.

We aren't some CLEA! We are the USAF (USMC/USA/USN/etc.)!

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 01:56 AM
lol.. I am so NOT military.. besides the fact that I was dating (i.e. screwing) a Major's fiance (she was the daughter of the base CFO) during my FU Tech courses and the runner of illegal substances for my officers... it is SO obvious that I lack the moral fiber to be a soldier, it's not even comedic:D

Lets just say besides my 3 inch groupings while running at 300 metres and my spooky ability to get in trouble and yet survive, I'd be nigh useless to any military application imaginable...

other than that, my only recognizeable skill is being a forum troll and a sensate:eek:

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 01:58 AM
oh yeah... I know spooky stuff... and can be quite squirrley:D

nuff said

lostinjapan
08-25-2007, 02:01 AM
I meant PaintHorseCowboy. I knew you (Scar) either weren't or you were **** good at hiding it. :D

~Jules921
08-25-2007, 02:45 AM

Snippage...

Answering "how are you today" questions... "great its almost Friday" and on Friday with a "Great it's Almost Monday."

...snippage...

I always answer in relation to my work week, which starts on Wednesday.

Wedesday = Monday
Thursday = Tuesday
Friday = Wednesday (hump day)
Saturday = Thursday
Sunday = Friday
Monday = Weekend
Tuesday = Weekend

So considering that I'm still on Friday (haven't slept yet ;) ) its Wednesday and hump day and will be until 8am when I get off work :cool: and when I leave work on Monday morning - it will be TGIF - see simple

Jules

Uamhas
08-25-2007, 08:34 AM
lol.. I am so NOT military.. besides the fact that I was dating (i.e. screwing) a Major's fiance (she was the daughter of the base CFO) during my FU Tech courses and the runner of illegal substances for my officers... it is SO obvious that I lack the moral fiber to be a soldier, it's not even comedic:D

Lets just say besides my 3 inch groupings while running at 300 metres and my spooky ability to get in trouble and yet survive, I'd be nigh useless to any military application imaginable...

other than that, my only recognizeable skill is being a forum troll and a sensate:eek:

:eek: did he just claim 3 inches???
roflmmfao
TMI!

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
:eek: did he just claim 3 inches???
roflmmfao
TMI!

I'm not a bad shot... but if yer getting all innuendoish well... hmmm...

PaintHorseCowboy
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah, you're so right about my being military.

I did post a picture in the "I'm still sick of you thread" somewhere around page 6 with me "doing my thing". It's a nice shot taken by my copilot and you can see Fallujah, Iraq, in the background through the side window. I even had my smoke visor up for some reason so you can actually see my face in that one. Strange since I almost always have it down during daylight flights, even while wearing my sunglasses. Guess it must've been a good day.

So if you want to play accronym wars, I'm game. :)

Deadslug
08-25-2007, 10:50 AM

What we find out over time is, that it doesn't really matter what color shirt you wear at the target near me. I go to target in my Eagles Jersey and idiots still stop me asking me for help? "LOOK LADY!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY KEEP YOUR STUPID SON IN THIS STORE!!!!! STOP ASKING ME IF I CAN HELP YOU FIND IT. I'M NOT TARGET SECURITY, AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU SAW A STRANGE MAN WALKING OUT OF THE STORE WITH IT."
I mean honestly, they have more than enough employees working there to help with keeping shoplifting down. Sheesh.

I'm 19037 and that's what I think.

Deadslug
08-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I AM ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I like shooting my big gun.
I like reporting ridiculous things that aren't really happening.
I like it when people call my office expecting me to be their own personnal switch board operator, "Hey man, what't the phone number to *****?) I like to give them the phone number to our commanding officer's stateroom.
I like to stop random people that don't "officially" work for me, and give them random stupid taskings just to see if they'll do them.
I like to kick my employees off the computer where they are doing work so I can surf the DDO and Umberhulk forums.

I'm 19037 and that's what I think.

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
oh yeah... I know spooky stuff... and can be quite squirrley:D

nuff said

Ok.. I'm going to quote ME:D

Wanna know the scariest thing ever? And I'm not talking about Ebola Terrorists or anything... I'm going to talk about the Meanest critter on Earth... it creates huge polltion, feeds you pus daily and is turning everyone into Zombies!!!! And it's all true... this creature exists and it means to take over the world...

This monster is... The Cow!!!!!!!!!!!

How does this critter plan our inevitable extinction? Easily...

One... it eats it's own! Yes you heard it... cows purposely eat their own dead to create Prions (dead protein cells that cannot be destroyed, can remain inert in your body indefinitely, yet at will self-activate and attack your brain!!), that will turn you into a Zombie (Mad Cow Disease...hmm.. who do you think gave it that name...huh?... not Pinky and the Brain...uh uh).

Two... the Cow is a Steroid Using Drug Fiend!! It purposelly takes tons of steroids so it's udders can get all infected and pus filled, and then when milked by the unsuspecting farmer... Evil Pus Cheese is created!!! And this Evil Pus Cheese is laden with steroids, that has altered us human so seriously taht male infertility and baldness are increasing 200 fold since the 1970's!!!

Three... As Reagan warned us in the 80's... cows are the largest emitters of methane gas!!!! Global warming man... what more can I say.

So, as I pointed out. The Cow is EVIL

This simple appearing beast is the Devil Incarnate. He is purposely turning us into Pus Eating, Sterile, Zombies that will eventually be it's servant race when the World turns as Hot as Hell:eek:

Beware the cow:D

gorloch
08-25-2007, 02:05 PM
I did post a picture in the "I'm still sick of you thread" somewhere around page 6 with me "doing my thing". :)

I didn't think they let you post that kind of stuff here. :p

PIXA

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I didn't think they let you post that kind of stuff here. :p

PIXA

Can we say "Pony Show"?:D :eek: :D

gorloch
08-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Can we say "Pony Show"?:D :eek: :D

So many directions I could take this but I think it would be better if I didn't.

PIXA

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 02:32 PM
So many directions I could take this but I think it would be better if I didn't.

PIXA

Oh Pixa... you're holding back.... awwww thats so cute:D

gorloch
08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh Pixa... you're holding back.... awwww thats so cute:D

I am only holding back because I do not like leaving incriminating evidence behind. Now if we were having a verbal conversation I would not hold back anything. :D

PIXA

~Jules921
08-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I am only holding back because I do not like leaving incriminating evidence behind. Now if we were having a verbal conversation I would not hold back anything. :D

PIXA

That and the infraction points may get you banned for a bit. ;)

Jules

Scarsgaard
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
That and the infraction points may get you banned for a bit. ;)

Jules

lol.. I doubt Gorloch would get banned... all I figure'd occur would be several NC17 movies and a cartoon sequel :D

gorloch
08-25-2007, 05:31 PM
lol.. I doubt Gorloch would get banned... all I figure'd occur would be several NC17 movies and a cartoon sequel :D

Oh god bad visuals. :eek:

PIXA

~Jules921
08-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh god bad visuals. :eek:

PIXA

Just really really glad I'm seeing that after I slept and not before - can you image the nightmares???

Jules

PaintHorseCowboy
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Apparently they only didn't let US post them on Xoriat. There's a whole thread of them here and not one IP given out.

I guess the hate was mutual eh?

And by the way Scars....

"Mad Cow" Disease, as you so name it (Proper name: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, and to propagate your useage of accronyms, BSE) is merely the bovine equivalent of the human Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

So what is BSE?
BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy) is a progressive neurological disorder of cattle; its symptoms are similar to a disease of sheep, called scrapie. BSE has been called "mad cow disease." BSE and scrapie both result from infection with a very unusual infectious agent. As of January 2004, more than 180,000 cases of BSE were confirmed in Great Britain in more than 35,000 herds of cattle. The epidemic peaked in January 1993 at almost 1,000 new cases per week. Although the origin of the disease is uncertain it may have resulted from the feeding of scrapie containing meat and bone meal (MBM) to cattle or from feeding cattle MBM derived from a cow or other animal that developed the disease due to a spontaneous mutation (http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/). There is strong evidence and general agreement that the outbreak was amplified by feeding meat-and-bone meal prepared from cattle to young calves.

What causes BSE?
The nature of the infectious agent that causes BSE and scrapie is unknown. Currently, the most accepted theory is that the agent is a modified form of a normal cell protein known as a prion. A prion is not a bacterium, parasite, or virus, and thus treatments usually used for treating or preventing bacterial infections (e.g. antibiotics) or viral infections are not effective against prions.

Which countries have reported BSE?
The vast majority of cases of BSE (more than 97% as of 2003) have been reported from the United Kingdom during an epidemic. However, endemic cases have also been reported in other European countries including: the Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, France, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark. The numbers of reported cases by country are available on the web site of the Office International des Epizooties (www.oie.int/). These numbers should be interpreted with caution, however, because the intensity and methods of surveillance probably vary over time and by country. In 2003 one case was reported in Canada and one in the United States (in a cow born in Canada).

Ok, enough rhetoric. This is why cattle in the US are corn-fed. We do not feed the remains of our cattle back to them, which is the most accepted theory of how prions come to exist.

If you're going to try to scare the living hell out of folks about the so-called dangers of eating beef, try to do it when you don't have a rancher taking part in the discussion. I promise, I know a lot more about this than you do. Please note, we do not have BSE infected cattle in the US. The one we have had reported was actually bred in CANADA and shipped in without USDA approval.

Riposte!

binnsr
08-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Please note, we do not have BSE infected cattle in the US. The one we have had reported was actually bred in CANADA and shipped in without USDA approval.

**** those Canadians!

Uamhas
08-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Apparently they only didn't let US post them on Xoriat. There's a whole thread of them here and not one IP given out.

I guess the hate was mutual eh?

And by the way Scars....

"Mad Cow" Disease, as you so name it (Proper name: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, and to propagate your useage of accronyms, BSE) is merely the bovine equivalent of the human Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

So what is BSE?
BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy) is a progressive neurological disorder of cattle; its symptoms are similar to a disease of sheep, called scrapie. BSE has been called "mad cow disease." BSE and scrapie both result from infection with a very unusual infectious agent. As of January 2004, more than 180,000 cases of BSE were confirmed in Great Britain in more than 35,000 herds of cattle. The epidemic peaked in January 1993 at almost 1,000 new cases per week. Although the origin of the disease is uncertain it may have resulted from the feeding of scrapie containing meat and bone meal (MBM) to cattle or from feeding cattle MBM derived from a cow or other animal that developed the disease due to a spontaneous mutation (http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/). There is strong evidence and general agreement that the outbreak was amplified by feeding meat-and-bone meal prepared from cattle to young calves.

What causes BSE?
The nature of the infectious agent that causes BSE and scrapie is unknown. Currently, the most accepted theory is that the agent is a modified form of a normal cell protein known as a prion. A prion is not a bacterium, parasite, or virus, and thus treatments usually used for treating or preventing bacterial infections (e.g. antibiotics) or viral infections are not effective against prions.

Which countries have reported BSE?
The vast majority of cases of BSE (more than 97% as of 2003) have been reported from the United Kingdom during an epidemic. However, endemic cases have also been reported in other European countries including: the Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, France, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark. The numbers of reported cases by country are available on the web site of the Office International des Epizooties (www.oie.int/). These numbers should be interpreted with caution, however, because the intensity and methods of surveillance probably vary over time and by country. In 2003 one case was reported in Canada and one in the United States (in a cow born in Canada).

Ok, enough rhetoric. This is why cattle in the US are corn-fed. We do not feed the remains of our cattle back to them, which is the most accepted theory of how prions come to exist.

If you're going to try to scare the living hell out of folks about the so-called dangers of eating beef, try to do it when you don't have a rancher taking part in the discussion. I promise, I know a lot more about this than you do. Please note, we do not have BSE infected cattle in the US. The one we have had reported was actually bred in CANADA and shipped in without USDA approval.

Riposte!

BEEF! It's what's for dinner.
You know it's a consiparacy by the canucks to cripple our supply of cow... um, HELLO!!!
Canadian Bacon!!!!
*sage nod*

PaintHorseCowboy
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Since we're on the subject of "Mad Cow"....

Here's a couple of funny examples.

http://www.nata2.info/d/flash/f/madcow.swf

http://www.totallytom.com/MadCow.html

Enjoy the laugh!

Scarsgaard
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Riposte!

LOL...

This might crack you up but I went to school and studied Wholistic Medicine, Nutrition and Clinical Herbalism... I know some **** cool stuff, like how to make absinthe and lsd from plant...heck, I even know how to get rid of high cholesterol and tapeworms...

As for beef... mmm yummy.... yummy yummy beef in my tummy... I like beef almost as much as I like piggy... bacon, pork... hell yah... fried salt pork... oooh ah...:D

Chicken I hate, but that's because I worked on a chicken farm and after getting over the smell of moving 22,000 chickens... all you can think of is tying their heads around the hanging wires and sprinting... I SO hate chicken.

...but know this... the Cow is planning to take over the world... oh he is and Texas is Ground Zero:D

P.S. not all farmers feed cows corn, not all farmers don't use steroids on their critters... but thats an arguement that is uber-stale... and I'm not going to stop eating moo moo... it's too yummy:D

Borrigain
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM

Remember that the "hot" flight medic you are looking at is really only average at best when your perception isn't skewed by 18 straight months of "sunshine and sand." And also remember that baggy flight suits can make mentally undressing them a lot more fun. Actually, this isn't really fun, it's sort of depressing.

Dude, I just snorted coffee out my nose...OUCH! I too have experienced this when stationed in Egypt. Those 1SB gals do have a tendency to grow on you after 3 or 4 months.

Oh, and I love your "ride"......the Caddy of helos.....even though us Infantry types always refer to it as a S***hook :D .

Keep the faith brother,
Borr.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot: love to tell callers "No, I'm sorry, I don't have access to that information," and then blindly transfer them to the highest ranking person in the office. Or tell a FNG private (another for you Scar), go get me a PRC-E7 (variation of a radio for you non-mil types)

PaintHorseCowboy
08-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Speaking of great quotes with a large amount of accronyms....how did we forget this one?

"'Excuse me sir, seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep his PC on the QT? Otherwise it might get into the hands of the VC, he could go MIA and we'd all get KP."
~~~ Robin Williams - Good Morning Viet Nam ~~~

Oh, and speaking of FNG Privates....let's not forget...

Go get me 50 yards of flight line...

...and two buckets of rotor wash...

...and when you're done there, see the tech supply girl and bring me 5 feet of ovarian ducting.

Oeuf
08-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Another good one......

"How come they call it PMS?"

"Cause the name mad cow desease was already taken".

Prairie Home Companion

gorloch
08-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Another good one......

"How come they call it PMS?"

I thought it was Putting up with Mens S***. :p

PIXA

Scarsgaard
08-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I thought it was Putting up with Mens S***. :p

PIXA

Let me push the envelope with my favorite joke....

Why do they get pms?

***drum roll please***

Because they deserve it:eek: :D :eek: :D

PaintHorseCowboy
08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
They can't even come up with their own accronym.

Had to steal yet another one.

Everyone knows PMS stands for....

****Y MARE SYNDROME.

Which come to think of it, happens about once every 21 days give or take a few....

Hey! Wait! Oh....nevermind.