PDA

View Full Version : Forum Display Name

Ikken
07-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Is there any way to change your forum display name? I see a lot of the users have their actual DDO name or something similiar, and I was wondering how to change it. I don't like having my display name be jbaessler11, I'd rather it show my character name instead.

Any ideas?

Cupcake
07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Is there any way to change your forum display name? I see a lot of the users have their actual DDO name or something similiar, and I was wondering how to change it. I don't like having my display name be jbaessler11, I'd rather it show my character name instead.

Any ideas?

Geesh. I don't know. My account was created before the account was tied to the forums. Suggestions:

1. Try going to User CP up on the forum tool bar, see if there is anything there under Options.

2. Go to myaccount.turbine.com and see if you can edit your name there.

Its either myaccount.turbine.com or billing.turbine.com

Karos
07-11-2007, 02:45 AM
A long time ago, in a forum much like this one, I believe it was Samera who said to pm them the information and they'd try to help if they can. Changing the forum name away from your account name and to a character name was one of the valid reasons if I remember right. It's been a long time (over a year) since I read that though, so I may be off.

tihocan
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
A long time ago, in a forum much like this one, I believe it was Samera who said to pm them the information and they'd try to help if they can. Changing the forum name away from your account name and to a character name was one of the valid reasons if I remember right. It's been a long time (over a year) since I read that though, so I may be off.
You're right. Or at least I remember the same :)

Ikken
07-12-2007, 09:44 AM
So I should attempt to send a PM to Samera then? I tried going through support.turbine.com and they weren't any help.

Katianara
07-12-2007, 12:55 PM
It seems you are in the same boat I'm in. Surely these aren't out real names. Oh wait.

Hi Mr. Baessler

Ikken
07-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Ms.Bakert. *lol* :D